Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.
2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.
2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."
Logged In (0):
Newest Members:Jeezy, Turbocod, russo76, tantan2709, sayman, emonogue, emonogu, emonapt, mahinewq32, Shayol Ghul,
Last ten comments at Theoryland.
by JoramJust wanted to comment on something in reg...
by JoramSorry to necro this thread, but I was just...
by jimbop79I was just thinking that since the Finns l...
by jimbop79This was alluded to early on, but let me s...
by pjrobertsonAlthough the books are over here is what m...
by NaeblisSunshineThis has a lot of spoilers, so please, if ...
by shaihaludWow, found a link to this while purging my...
by MMustafaNow see, Rand isn't the only one who wants...
by WaxerIn the epilogue as rand is carrying Moridins ...
by cantstandnynaeveI think Verin compelled Alana to suit her own...
Last ten theories at Theoryland.
Padan Fain, Roommates With the Dark Oneby aNewAge
The Real Slayerby Cabadrin
How the Bore Will Be Sealedby Tremalking
The Bore is in Tel’aran’rhiodby Great Lord of the Dark
Callandor's Purposeby RealAshaman
Rand and the True Powerby Zombie Sammael
Caemlyn's Battleby 1eyedfool
Moghedien Raises the Deadby Truthless
Breaking the Sealsby Kamaul
Let me die forever!by Kamaul
I've been a lurker here on and off for quite a while,finally decided to join after re-reading Cholly's post on Rand living beyond the LB. Its funny how I can read all of the same quotes that he listed and come up with such a different opinion of what I expect will happen,though I do have a shadow of a doubt, and that's why I will read when R.J. writes.
So thanks to Cholly for all of the research, but here's my spin on it:
**Theory: Rand al'Thor will die at Tarmon Gai'don, but his soul will live on in Moridin's body. Logain will rise up as the "General" in Rand's absence and will earn his glory. Alivia will kill Rand's body when Rand's soul is transferred to Moridin's body,and thus will Ishamael finally be destroyed.
I also think that only Alivia and Rand will know what has happened until after the funeral,Rand can't even bring himself to tell Min about the Aelfinn and Eelfinn answers, so how could he tell her this plan? What if it didn't work???
Using quotes gathered by Cholly (sorry, I do not have my books right now and Cholly did a great job on most of the quotes I need), here are some of the reasons I think this:
1. The Great Hunt, Chapter 26, Discord, Pages 325-326: "Twice and twice shall he be marked, twice to live, and twice to die."
Interpret this as two times marked to live two times, and two times marked to die two times. Two lives, in two different bodies, and two deaths,Rand Al'Thor's body dies at the LB, and Rand's spirit lives on in Moridin's body after the LB to die a natural death some other time. Callandor's interpretation that it is four markings for one life and one death is an accurate interpretation as well, but no more valid, in my opinion.
2. The Great Hunt, Chapter 26, Discord, Page 326: "Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed. Once for mourning, once for birth."
Once for mourning for the loss of Rand Al'Thor,once for the "birth" of his spirit in its new body.
3. The Shadow Rising, Chapter 3, Reflection, Page 71: "That is the one that will kill me, isn't it?" he asked her softly, then quoted," 'His blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul, washing away the Shadow, sacrifice for man's salvation.' "
A real sacrifice must be made,the Dragon must die for man's salvation,and Lews Therin is READY for that sacrifice. But in order for Lews Therin to die, Rand's body must also die.
4. Min's viewing that Alivia will "help Rand die."
Not help Rand fake his death. If fake deaths were part of Min's viewings, then she probably would have said that Lanfear would help Moiraine die.
5. In Knife of Dreams, Lord Algarin's Manor House, right after the Trolloc attack, Rand makes a bargain with Lews Therin that they will die at the LB.
He will keep his word, allow Alivia to kill him, but he will move a fraction of an inch and merge with the other face in his head and take over Moridin's body right when Alivia kills his body.
6. Rand's feeling that if he moves a fraction of an inch, he will MERGE with the face in his mind. (from Knife Of Dreams in Lord Algarin's Manor house when he channels to fight the trollocs, I believe.)
This is important. He spends pretty much every waking moment trying to figure out how he will USE things, people, situations, etc to achieve victory at the LB and to LIVE. This forsaken in his mind is consuming his thoughts,why would he not try to USE a person for whom he has no love if he uses everyone he cares about?
7. A Crown Of Swords, Chapter 33, A Bath, Page 526: "She folded her arms and frowned up at him through her lashes. She chewed her lip and frowned at the door. She shook her head and muttered under her breath. At last she said," There is only one, really. I was exaggerating. I saw you and another man. I couldn't make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and. . . ." Her mouth tightened worriedly, and she went on in a very small voice. I don't know which it means, Rand except that one of you dies and one doesn't. I-why are you grinning? This isn't a joke, Rand. I do not know which of you dies.""
Clearly,this viewing can easily be Rand and Moridin and only one will live. They merge into one another.
8. The Path Of Daggers, Chapter 15, Stronger Then Written Law, Page 308: "Rand, wearing different masks, until suddenly one of those false faces was no longer a mask, but him."
Rand's masks are Lews Therin, Moridin, perhaps Lord of the Morning, all of his titles,but suddenly he merges with Moridin and Rand's soul is in that body and it is no longer a mask. (of course, there are other interpretations, but since they don't support MY theory, I'm not bringing them up!)
9. Aelfinn's answer to How to win the LB and live: "The north and east must be as one. The west and south must be as one. The two must be as one. To live, you must die."
Not fake your death. The dragon must die,for Rand to live.
10. Lord Of Chaos, Chapter 14, Dreams and Nightmares, Page 255: "The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives,."
He who is dead yet lives. He who DIED still lives. (in another body)
11. Lord Of Chaos, Chapter 19, Matter's Of Toh, Page 312: "Melaine and Bair dreamed of you [Rand] on a boat with three women whose faces they could not see and a scale tilting first one way and then the other. Melaine and Amys dreamed of a man standing by your side with a dagger to your throat, but you did not see him,."
The scale is whether good or evil will win. The man standing just a fraction of an inch to the side of him is Moridin and he certainly has a dagger to Rand's throat,though Rand NOW sees him.
12. Multiple viewings of three women standing over a funeral bier, indicating Rand's death,.and the (temporary) mourning of Elayne, Aviendha, and Min.
13. My personal desire to have Rand and his harem live a happy ending: Rand's unhealed wounds, his missing arm, his damaged eyes,his body is so shattered it is hardly worth keeping. Moridin's body, on the other hand, is young and beautiful. Also, it solves things like Rand not being able to channel without being dizzy and almost vomiting, Lews Therin being in his head, etc. Wholly a theory and desire, nothing to do with quotes or anything else.