PDA

View Full Version : Write a Novel in a Month!

Brita
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Anybody planning to take part in the Nanowrimo Challenge (http://www.nanowrimo.org/)? The FAQ section is the best place to get an overview of the event.

The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month (November), with complete reckless abandon, just to say you did it.

There are no prizes or awards, just lots of fun.

I have a story idea, and might give it a try- there is a group of us here in Thunder Bay that are going to participate.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
10-16-2008, 01:27 PM
50,000 words over 30 days is... 1,666 words per day? I might actually give it a try this year.

Cary Sedai
10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Yikes! That's... crazy!

Nazbaque
10-16-2008, 09:45 PM
2,000 words in one day isn't that much of a problem, but when you read them the next day you'll find yourself correcting and rephrasing almost all of it. (Note that I said "you". I find myself rewriting same stuff for weeks)

Gilshalos Sedai
10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, haven't been up to the challenge at all since it was first begun while I was in college.

Brita
01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, I didn't make it. I got to 30,000 words at about week three, but due to social activities and such, my momentum fizzled and I couldn't recover by the deadline.

I took December off, but I am going to work at it again this month, no point in leaving it unfinished. I like the idea, and some of the details fleshed out nicely. Other parts are pure, unimaginitive drivel and it will take a lot of work to get the whole story to any point where I will let people read it.

I am going to do NaNoWriMo again next year, and now that I know what is actually involved, I think I might have a good chance of finishing it.

New Year's resolution: finish my book Narcyz.