PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy -- even if a bit late

OutFoxed
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Greetings and felicitations…

Ok, ok, so I’m a bit late saying something here. I’ve already posted dozens of times in the Message Boards, gotten into arguments with long-time members and no doubt ruffled more than a few feathers with my off-kilter ideas and determined defense tactics.:rolleyes:

For those who care, here’s some basic stats that might help you understand some things about me.

White male, age 51. I remained single until age 33 when I married a woman who already had 3 kids (now THAT’S lazy, Lol!).:cool:

Spent 8 years US Air Force, 5 years as a radio DJ.:(

Bopped around in a couple of other miscellaneous income generating jobs of no interest to anyone. Currently working as a government employee involved in the justice system in Texas.:eek:

I’m a game player – I’ve been doing RPG’s for 32 years, as well as a bit of a gambler (I count cards at Blackjack) and love going to Las Vegas as often as I can manage (which isn’t ever enough).:mad:

I’ve been known to read and study Law for fun and have successfully defended myself and my family, without legal counsel, in two civil spats.:confused:

I’ve been reading SciFi/Fantasy since I was a kid and have a library of about 1,000 books that I keep around for re-read and reference. WoT is definitely among them.:D

I stumbled onto another “theory site” about two years ago, and did some occasional lurking until I finally screwed myself up to actually join in the “debates”. My timing sucked because that ended up being about a month before they announced that they would be closing down. I took their recommendations and looked around and decided that Theoryland was my next best bet and jumped in without even checking the water temperature, because I figured it couldn’t be any rougher than the other place.:p

My main interest in the WoT related discussions and theories, so I probably won’t be saying much on the other “chat” areas.

So far it’s been fun and informative. Hope I don’t end up being a wet blanket or more trouble them I’m worth.

Terez
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Uh-oh, someone warn him about Sini!

Anyways, welcome. You're one of the oldest people here, you know. I think only 4 people have you beat (Weird Harold, John Snow, 4Alethinos, and Pops'taer).

Anaiya Sedai
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Welcome to TL, OutFoxed. I did, indeed, spot your posts in General.
And I don't think we'll be closing down in two months, or anytime in the near future, it seems that neither the hamsters, nor the greeks managed to silence us.. :rolleyes:

OutFoxed
03-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Uh-oh, someone warn him about Sini!

Anyways, welcome. You're one of the oldest people here, you know. I think only 4 people have you beat (Weird Harold, John Snow, 4Alethinos, and Pops'taer).
That figures, doesn't it? WH doesn't like to lose any argument and now he's already won the "whose older, you or me?" thing! LOL!

Terez
03-05-2009, 06:22 PM
That figures, doesn't it? WH doesn't like to lose any argument and now he's already won the "whose older, you or me?" thing! LOL!
I'd say that's not a bad thing. I forgot about another person that has you beat, but I don't think she would appreciate me lumping her with the olde pharte club.

Brita
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Welcome Outfoxed!!!

Nice little bio you gave :)

I have noticed your posts as well, and it is always great to have new blood to get the Theoryboard hopping again.

And coming into a family with three kids ready-made, that's the opposite of lazy, that's crazy :D

What is you favourite RPG? I am always looking for other Oblivion fans...

Weird Harold
03-05-2009, 07:16 PM

Not just older, I've got you beat in time of service since I retired after 21 years, 3 months and 3 days (or thereabouts) from the Air Force.

You do have me beat in Radio DJ tenure and number of kids (although I've probably got you beat in newborn diaper changes.) :D

GonzoTheGreat
03-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Currently working as a government employee involved in the justice system in Texas.There's a justice system there? I thought that whenever a crime was said to have occurred, they just threw some random people into jail and considered that sufficient deterrent.

DahLliA
03-06-2009, 06:41 AM
since I usually never visit the general forum anymore(non-wot is where it's at) I haven't seen you before so welcome to TL :D

seeing as there isn't any other refreshments here yet...

*rolls in the house sized keg*

never fear, the beer's here !

Zaela Sedai
03-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Outfoxed! (I really want to call you Foxy...and I expect you to read all tis considering how long YOUR posts are. LOL ;) )As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. :D Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. ;) We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once.

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

P.S.: Be good…don’t make me take out my chains, I am the Lady of them for a reason! ;) stupid no evil smilie

KEEP READING IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU ;)
Here's some stuff you'd be much better off knowing BEFORE you post :cool:

Hierarchy

Heroes of the Horn

Have been here longer than most, and some of them have been around since the dawn of time. You don't have to worship at their feet (well you can worship at Frenzy's, if you must), but a little respect goes a long way.

Ancients

The next group down from HotH. Also tend to be prolific posters, although some Ancients suffer from a mysterious disease. It sometimes happens that once an Ancient is raised, they disappear for a while, or forever. It really can be a blessing in disguise.

Elders

The next group up from Younglings. More knowledgeable than Younglings, not necessarily less knowledgable than Ancients. They have been here long enough to know better about most things. I repeat, MOST things

Younglings

By far the biggest bunch at Theoryland. Just means that you are recently signed up, not that you're young and/or immature. You might have to prove that, though. But you can edit your own posts! Yippee! Umm yeah...enjoy that.

So, how do you move up the Ranks?

Well, posting madly and racking up a huge post count, begging for Reputation Scores won't get you anywhere. It's not even just about hanging around for a set amount of time.

Here's how you DO move up: participate thoughtfully and politely so that when Tamyrlin decides the time has come for a Raising, you're seen as an asset to the community. Or whenever he gets around to it.

When the feeling strikes him, Tamyrlin, The Lord Of The Board aka LotB, or Fearless Leader or Lordy, (but only I may get away with that one), confers with the Heroes of the Horn and Ancients and selects those to be raised to a higher level. It is an entirely manual and subjective process that stresses "quality" over "quantity." The amount of time since you gained your current rank plays a role, as do post counts, to a lesser extent. Thoughtful, intelligent and polite posting is by far the biggest factor.

Other important information...

The ESC does not stand for Escape. Instead it stands for the Entropy Sideline Club It has a big comfy couch, capable of fitting all TL members at once if they choose to sit there. Made of fire-proof, balefire-proof, and belafire-proof hope to God you aren't in the room if this occurs fabric. Comes with all sorts of built in coolers stuffed full of yummy snacks and drinks; for some reason, Mountain Dew seems to be a favourite around here and lots of places to just sit back and enjoy the reason you're sitting there. Basically if you hang out on the ESC Couch, you are observing the debates taking place: Iraq, religion, government, Santa Claus (you name it, we argue over it) and laughing at the people who are debating, and/or the debate itself. The ESC is not full of fence-sitters, rather we are ambivalent or way too smart to jump in. Or lazy. Most times, it's lazy. The ESC Couch (ESC Head Quarters) is located somewhere fun...lots of room for partying whenever the mood strikes us. We have recently debuted the WTF Couch...for those "Special" moments. Moments that induce the sharpening of the not-so-elusive poking stick. Poking posters with sticks is exclusively limited to Ancients and Heroes. We do, however, take requests.

The TCA. Theoryland Chataholics Anonymous. This group is comprised mostly of the younger set of TL members. not that there's anything wrong with that I have been assured they do more than sit in corners and stare at their navels. although I've yet to see evidence of that ~sarcasm~ They have a lot of fun, and most of it involves cookies. They are somewhat defunct right now, as we have no chat, alas! Don't worry, they'll be back with a vengeance as soon as chat is up and running here. Lordy says, soon. ~shifty eyes~

Quotemasters, AKA Masters/Mistresses of the Quote:
If you sign up for a Premium membership to the site, you get the ability to search the database for quotes to back up your theories, or the theories of those you like. It also gives you the ability to slam dunk the theories of others with a really well-placed quote. A Premium membership only costs $15 for a year and $50 for a lifetime membership. Just do it, you know you want to! But, a warning. Being in possession of a TL Premium membership does not a Quotemaster make. You must apprentice and train under the Quotemasters. Of which there are two and three quarters. Jason Wolfbrother, Callandor retired for now, Terez and the Quote Mistress, although she seems to be in semi-retirement: Me. You'll see me throw one in every now and again! Frenzy was the Dark Mother of us all she may occasionally find some time when her biological children are occupied and throw in a quote or two ;) Downside? You only get 100 quote searches a month, and a true quotemaster is invariably without quote searches towards the end, so they get cranky. Withdrawal does that, didn't ya know?

OK, I'm done. Hope for YOUR sake you read all that!:cool:

Sarevok
03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Welcome to TL, Outfoxed!! :D

Anaiya Sedai
03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
So, how do you move up the Ranks?

When the feeling strikes him, Tamyrlin, The Lord Of The Board aka LotB, or Fearless Leader or Lordy, (but only I may get away with that one), confers with the Heroes of the Horn and Ancients and selects those to be raised to a higher level.

:rolleyes:

Tell us more about yourself.. (I have a handy questionaire somewhere, should you run out of things to talk about :D )

*makes herself comfortable on the ESC*

Brita
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Tell us more about yourself.. (I have a handy questionaire somewhere, should you run out of things to talk about :D )

Is that the same questionnaire that got us talking about bra size in my newbie thread? That's a good one!

Speaking of previous newbie threads- where's Beardy? I want to flirt shamelessly.

Terez
03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Okay, now I think I vaguely remember giving Anaiya that questionnaire in her noob thread...

Brita
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Yup- I think it was originally yours T- and it's a good one :)

Anaiya Sedai
03-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I have a longer and better one now *giggles*.. and I've been dying for an opportunity to use it!

Gilshalos Sedai
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Heya, Outfoxed. (We can call you Foxie, it's probably better than Outtie.)

I'm Gil. I'm old enough to know better, young enough to not really give a shit. I'm in Houston, Texas, and I work for an oil company (yeah, I know, shocker!) My husband is Bryan Blaire, though he's currently on a semi-permanent break, atm. He works for the USDA. There are currently at least 7 other Texans on the board. Tanaww and Birgitte moved here recently and it doesn't look like the Lone Star State will be letting them go any time soon. Ivhon is also a Texan, though since he's in Austin, he refuses the title. Sinistrum is also a Texan. Rogue Savior could be one by association, since his mother and the rest of his family are here. Cary Sedai recently fled our state for the backwoods of Arkansas. Matoyak, I think that's who else is one, is somewhere up near Texarkana.

And yes, I do try to keep track of how many of us there are on the board.

Sarevok
03-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Tanaww and Birgitte moved here recently
Whoa, I missed the part of Tana moving too... When did that happen?

I have a longer and better one now *giggles*.. and I've been dying for an opportunity to use it!
Well, don't make us wait... show us! :D

Anaiya Sedai
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I cut out a few irrelevant ones.. there you go
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

001. What’s your given name?
002. Do you have a middle name?
003. What’s your last name?
004. Do you got a nickname?
005. Age?
006. Gender?
007. Date of birth?
008. Zodiac sign?
009. Where do you live?
010. Do you have a girlfriend/ boyfriend/husband/wife?
011. What’s his/ her name?
012. Have you ever been in love? Tell the name.
013. What’s your favorite color?
014. Are you pierced?
015. What’s your favorite song?
016. Do you have any tattoos or wanna get any?
017. If yes, what kind of and which bodypart(s)?
018. Where do you shop?
019. Your hair color?
020. Your eye color?
021. Your body height?
022. Have you ever tried any drugs?
023. Do you smoke?
024. Which label?
025. What kind of music you like?
026. Who are your best friends (RL)?
027. Who are your best friends (online)?
028. What kind of Make-Up do you use?
029. What kind of shampoo you use?
030. How long is your hair?
031. Do you like shopping?
032. Where do you go to for advice?
033. What’s your pet?
034. What are you doing for having some fun?
035. How many phones you have at home?
036. How many televisions does your home have?
037. What’s your favourite food?
038. Which celebrity do you look like?
039. What’s your weekend like?
040. What’s your way to sleep?
041. Do you have stuffed animals?
042. Do you sleep in total darkness or with a little light?
043. What is your favorite TV show?
044. What kind of perfume do you wear?
045. Do you have your own telephone?
046. What’s your number?
047. Did you ever do something stupid? Tell about!
048. What kind of clothes do you wear when you’re asleep?
049. Label of your shoes?
050. What is your favorite (soft) drink?
051. What kind of words do you use the most?
052. What kind of personality are you?
053. What’s your favorite car?
054. Do you like my questions?
055. What’s the ugliest person you know?
056. Are you famous?
057. What’s your most embarrassing experience?
058. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
059. What's your bank account number?
061. Do you pray?
062. Is the glass half empty or half full?
063. Are you right or left handed?
064. Which word best describes your personality?
065. Would you ever cheat on your partner?
066. What’s the best name for a girl/boy?
067. Lucky number:
068. What would you change about yourself, if you could?
069. Did you ever try to kill yourself?
070. What’s your favorite restaurant?
071. What do you hate the most?
072. What’s the most horrible name known to you?
073. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
074. How old are they? What’s their name?
075. Do they look nice?
076. What do you first notice about a boy/girl?
077. Do you have any addictions?
078. Do you like jewels?
079. Who would you like to be?
080. Do boys or girls have it easier?
081. How much taller or smaller would you like to be? Or are you happy to get high heels?
082. Do you like to dance?
083. Do you like to party?
084. Do you like to play tricks on people?
085. If yes, tell about!
086. What was your favorite school subject?
087. Who’s the funniest person you know?
088. What time is it now?
091. What’s the name of the school you attended?
095. Was it nice there?
096. Do you like video games?
097. What’s your favorite video game?
098. Do you get enough sleep?
099. Are you a day or night person?
100. Can you define love?
101. How often do you take a shower?
102. Do you get along with your parents?
103. Did you ever lie to your parents?
104. Tell why!
105. Do you believe in destiny?
106. What do you want to be?
107. Have you ever had a flight?
108. How did it feel?
109. How many rooms do you have in your house/ apartment?
110. Do you like to flirt?
111. Do you curse a lot?
112. Have you ever thought you had to die?
113. Tell about!
114. Have you ever had (or thought you had) a paranormal experience?
115. The best feeling:
116. What is your favorite flower?
117. What does your room look like?
118. Do you follow a religion?
119. How would you describe yourself as a person?
120. Do you believe in reincarnation?
121. Do you believe in black magic?
122. Did you ever try it?
123. Do you believe that there is one person made just for you?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
125. What color is your toothbrush?
126. How often do you brush your teeth?
127. Growing up, who was your favorite cartoon characters?
128. Do you have a job?
129. What’s your favorite fruit?
130. What’s your favorite vegetable?
131. What’s your favorite sweets?
132. What was the best day of your life?
133. Tell why!
134. Do you play a musical instrument?
135. Do you use deodorant?
136. What deodorant you use?
137. Who’s the cutest girl around?
138. Who’s the cutest boy around?
139. Who’s the cutest, famous person?
140. Do you wear nail polish at the moment?
141. Color?
142. How many rings/ bracelets you wear?
143. What’s your favorite toothpaste?
144. Are you tired?
145. Do you have scars?
146. Did you ever cry because of a girl (if you’re male) or boy (if you’re female)?
147. Do you like lollipops?
148. What are you thinking about right now?
149. Don’t look!!! What kind of underwear you’re wearing at the moment?
150. Who makes you laugh?
152. Do you have a driver license?
153. How many pillows do you have on your bed?
154. What’s the weirdest/ worst nightmare you ever had?
155. Will you tell me any of your secrets?
156. What don’t you understand about the opposite gender?
157. What is your favorite clothing label?
158. What’s your favorite activity?
159. What’s your favorite game?
160. What are your favorite shoes?
161. What’s your favorite color?
162. Do I start to annoy you?
163. What’s your favorite newspaper?
164. What’s your favorite radio station?
165. What’s your favorite television program?
166. What’s your favorite website?
167. Who’s your favorite poet?
168. What’s your favorite song?
169. What’s your favorite country?
170. What’s your favorite travel destination?
171. What’s your favorite sports?
172. What’s your favorite sports channel?
173. What kind of car do you drive?
174. What’s the most romantic thing that has ever happend to you?
175. What’s the worst feeling?
176. What is your biggest wish?
177. What is your biggest failing?
179. What is the most important thing in your life?
180. What would be the worst in your life?
181. How far would you go to get what you want?
182. Do you hold your friends in high regards?
183. Why?
186. Do you believe you’ve found your true love?
187. How you recognize he/she is the one and only?
189. Where do you want to spend your honeymoon?
190. How many children would you like/are planning to have?
191. What would you call your baby daughter?
192. What would you call your baby son?

200. What is the sexiest thing about the opposite gender?
201. Would you like to be famous?
202. Who do you admire?
203. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would you like to meet?
204. What’s the weirdest/funniest name you have heard?
205. What do you think of....:

- Talkshows:
- Shopping:
- Friends:
- Chocolate:
- Winnie the Pooh:
- Night or day:

206. Decide.....:

- Truth or White lie?
- Summer or Winter?
- Honest or not?
- Friendship or Love?
- Day or Night?
- Saturday or Sunday?
- Chocolate- or Vanilla Ice-cream?
- Pepsi or Coca Cola?
- Ink or Pencil?
- Bacon or Croutons?
- Serious or Funny?
- Full cream milk or Long living?
- Simple or Difficult?
- Law or Anarchy?
- Flowers or Angel?
- Painting or Writing?
- Color photo or black/white?
- Sunrise or Sunset?
- Rap or Rock?
- 6 or 7?
- Get up late or wake up late?
- French or Latin?
- Leather- or knitted wallet?
- Apple or Orange?
- Emerald or Ruby?
- Left or Right?
- Leonardo di Caprio or Tom Cruise?
- Gold or Silver?
- Cat or Dog?
- Mustard or Ketchup?
- Newspaper or Magazine?
- Black or White?
- Good or Evil?
- Sandals or Sneakers?
- Embrace or Kiss?
- Happy or Unhappy?
- Chips or Popcorn?
- Life or Death?
- Soccer, Tennis or Handball?
- Parquet, Flagstones or Carpet?
- Greece or Italy?
- Banned or Damned?
- Man or Woman?
- Math or Physics?
- Sorcerer or Magician?
- Mountain or anything else?
- White whine or Red whine?
- Vodka or Tequila?
- Skatboard or Roller skates?
- Bed or Chair?
- Bicycle or Bus?
- Romantic?
- Flexible?
- Creative?
- Dreamy?
- Credulous?
- Canny?

270. Do you eat the stalks on the broccoli?
271. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
272. What kind of job do you have?
273. When your home phone rings, how long do you wait until you pick it up?
274. When you type, are your fingers in correct positioning?
275. What does your mousepad look like?
276. What was the last movie you seen?
277. How many CDs do you own?
278. What is your favorite CD?
279. What’s your last bought CD (-Rom)?
280. How was your weekend?
281. Who was the last person you talked to?
282. What’s the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen?
283. How are you feeling right now?
284. What are you thinking about right now?
285. Do you believe in miracles?
286. What’s the sense of life?
287. What happens after death?
288. What do you think you have learned from life so far?
289. Are you grumpy in the morning?
290. What is the amount of time you spend on an average phone call?
291. On average, how many phone calls do you get per day?
292. On average, how many cell phone calls do you make in a day?
294. At what age was your first time having sex?
295. Do you have a gramophone?
296. What’s your favorite record?
297. How many posters do you have in your room?
298. How many calendars do you currently have?
299. Do you save old calendars?
300. Do you like graffiti painting?
301. How do you define a perfect teacher?
302. How do you definde a perfect best friend?
303. What was your biggest fashion disaster?
304. What philosophy do you follow?
305. How often do you cry?
306. Why?
307. How often do you laugh?
308. Why?
309. What is the stupidest movie you have ever seen?
310. Are you superstitious?
311. What is the nicest thing anyone ever said to you?
312. What is the most insulting thing anyone ever said to you?
313. What would you do if you never had so much money, you wouldn't have to work for your WHOLE life?
314. Where is your most favorite place that you have already been?
315. Do you see yourself as a typical girl/boy?
316. Why or why not?
317. 7 questions left....do you feel fine?
318. Count the letters typed by yourself until last question!
319. Have you ever broken bones in your body?
320. How did it happen?
321. Have you ever had an operation?
322. Better an open enemy than a false friend?
323. Have you ever received a marriage proposal? What did you say?
324. Well done. Do you like me? ;)

Brita
03-06-2009, 10:26 PM
That.is.crazy.! That is a lot more than I answered :eek:

Anaiya Sedai
03-07-2009, 05:16 AM
:D :D :D

you can feel free to answer those yourself :p

..and I thought he likes long posts :rolleyes:

and here's page 3 of my noob thread, with the questions by T :D
http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/642/t/hi-errm-yeah-hi.html?page=3

Jokeslayer
03-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome to TL

Terez
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Anaiya, that looks suspiciously like a MySpace questionnaire.

Anaiya Sedai
03-08-2009, 06:20 AM
*chuckles* I didn't take it off myspace, I got it from one of the other forums I frequent and where I am a shameless spammer. that questionaire was made to annoy the mods during questiontime by a team of experienced spammers :D :D

Gilshalos Sedai
03-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I think we should use that as a rollcall. :evil:

Zaela Sedai
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
hahahahaha agreed

Anaiya Sedai
03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I was going to make a start on it, but I got bored half way through when my dad called... :rolleyes:

OutFoxed
03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, took some time to muster the wherewithal to answer all these at once:

And coming into a family with three kids ready-made, that's the opposite of lazy, that's crazy ! What is you favourite RPG? I am always looking for other Oblivion fans…’Tis folly to be sane in a world gone mad… and… I do D&D, but not past Advanced 2nd Ed. I hate the d20 v.3X+, it just isn’t the same game and should not be called D&D. Thanks for the potential invite, but I’ve tried the on-line type of stuff and it’s never worked for me. You do have me beat in Radio DJ tenure and number of kids (although I've probably got you beat in newborn diaper changes.) No doubt, since the youngest was about 19 mos. old when we met!! *thank the Lord, cause I don’t do diapers* There's a justice system there? I thought that whenever a crime was said to have occurred, they just threw some random people into jail and considered that sufficient deterrent.It’s been a while since they did that. Ever since they give capital punishment an express lane (thank you Ron White…) they’ve lightened up on the rest. Of course, Texans do still tend to ascribe to the “He needed killin’ “ as a positive murder defense…. 1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once. and all that stuff. Yeah, I read all that. I try very hard to be a “good boy” in that regard, though I will admit that occasionally someone inevitably finds a way to yank my chain in just the right way to get me to tee off, so please understand in advance that I’m no candidate for canonization. Tell us more about yourself.. (I have a handy questionaire somewhere, should you run out of things to talk aboutI almost shudder to speculate but… I try jut about anything once. And yes, I do try to keep track of how many of us there are on the board.Wow… that’s a lot of B.S. stacked pretty high. (Yes I can say that because though I’m originally from Calif. I was smart enough to escape the Granola Bar State (all fruits, nuts and flakes) for something more “manly”…lol…Ivhon and I might have to get together some day, as I’m also in Austin.

Now on to the Questionnaire of Doom.

Anaiya Sedai
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Tis folly to be sane in a world gone mad… and… I do D&D, but not past Advanced 2nd Ed. I hate the d20 v.3X+, it just isn’t the same game and should not be called D&D. Thanks for the potential invite, but I’ve tried the on-line type of stuff and it’s never worked for me.
Oblivion isn't online, it's just an awesome open-world RPG.

Now on to the Questionnaire of Doom.
LOL

OutFoxed
03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Good Christ, are you serious?

Well, ok; you asked for it.I cut out a few irrelevant ones.. there you go
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

001. What’s your given name? Paul
002. Do you have a middle name? Sterling (as per Sterling silver -- Yes, I'm related.
003. What’s your last name? Felix -- German derivation.
004. Do you got a nickname? None that anyone else will tell me
005. Age? 51
006. Gender? Male
007. Date of birth? Aug 23, 1957
008. Zodiac sign? Leo/Virgo cusp
009. Where do you live? Austin, TX
010. Do you have a girlfriend/ boyfriend/husband/wife? Wife
011. What’s his/ her name? Jeanelle
012. Have you ever been in love? Tell the name. ibid
013. What’s your favorite color? Blue, no red, no ...ahhhhh!
014. Are you pierced? No way.
015. What’s your favorite song? Could never narrow it to just one, but I've been a closet Headbanger for decades. Ozzy Osbourne is THE MAN!
016. Do you have any tattoos or wanna get any? Not just no but hello no. I never could get my head wrapped around the concept of physically mutilating ones self and calling it 'adornment'. Sheesh!
017. If yes, what kind of and which bodypart(s)?
018. Where do you shop? Depends on what I'm shopping for
019. Your hair color? Brown (what's left of it)
020. Your eye color? Brown
021. Your body height? 6'2"
022. Have you ever tried any drugs? Grass, many a moon ago. Did nothing for me.
023. Do you smoke? Tobacco, pipe
024. Which label? Custom blend
025. What kind of music you like? Heavy Metal mostly, though I'll listen to just about anything that isn't Gospel, Jazz or Blues.
026. Who are your best friends (RL)? Wife, and a couple of people the wife and I occasionally hang with.
027. Who are your best friends (online)? Wife. Not many others.
028. What kind of Make-Up do you use? Absolutely none, I'm au natural all the way!
029. What kind of shampoo you use? Johnson's Baby, gentler on what hair I have left
030. How long is your hair? Half way between nape of the neck and mid-shoulder blade. With the baldness on top and big bushy grey beard that hangs to be bottom of my sternum, I really look like a biker misfit, someone who should be laying with ZZ-Top, or a really thin Santa Clause; you decide
031. Do you like shopping? No, I'm a get in, get it, and get out kinda guy.
032. Where do you go to for advice? Depends on the advice I need, usually someone who knows something about what I'm asking about.
033. What’s your pet? We have 2 dogs, small.
034. What are you doing for having some fun? RPG's, and other Misc. stuff like WoT Theories, and legal research.
035. How many phones you have at home? 4 not counting two cell phones.
036. How many televisions does your home have? 2
037. What’s your favourite food? Tex-Mex
038. Which celebrity do you look like? Mick Fleetwood, or Charlie Manson. I haven't gotten a definitive on that yet.
039. What’s your weekend like? Whatever my wife makes it like. Different from one to the next.
040. What’s your way to sleep? Unconsious. I don't get the gist. On my side?
041. Do you have stuffed animals? I don't, no.
042. Do you sleep in total darkness or with a little light? As dark and quite as possible.
043. What is your favorite TV show?CSI: Vegas
044. What kind of perfume do you wear? None
045. Do you have your own telephone? My $ paid for 'em, I own ever one of them.
046. What’s your number? (I'll pass on this one, thanks)
047. Did you ever do something stupid? Tell about! Daily, I am human after all.
048. What kind of clothes do you wear when you’re asleep? Whitey Tighties.
049. Label of your shoes? Cheap, off-brand tennies.
050. What is your favorite (soft) drink? Dr. Pepper
051. What kind of words do you use the most? The big, $10 per syllable kind.
052. What kind of personality are you? Cantankerous old pharte who thinks way too much of his own opinion. Kinda like WH.
053. What’s your favorite car? Depends on how much $ I have to spend.. you contributing?
054. Do you like my questions? A little weird so far, but I'm still answering...
055. What’s the ugliest person you know? That should read "Who's the ugliest..." (are you Canadian?). And I know several "ugly" people. As for "ugliest", once they go so far, there's no way to differentiate any more.
056. Are you famous? I wish...
057. What’s your most embarrassing experience? I was mollested when I was 8 years old. Answering all the doctor's intimate sexually realted questions at that age was probably the worst.
058. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? 1) Vast wealth, 2) Vast fame, 3) Vast wisdom to be able to handle both.
059. What's your bank account number? Nice try...
060. "There is no rule #..."?
061. Do you pray? Not formally
062. Is the glass half empty or half full? Either way, I only get half a drink.
063. Are you right or left handed? Right
064. Which word best describes your personality? Abrasive
065. Would you ever cheat on your partner? No
066. What’s the best name for a girl/boy? Anything they won't want to kill you for later in life.
067. Lucky number: 7, 11, 21
068. What would you change about yourself, if you could? WOuld have stayed in better physical health longer
069. Did you ever try to kill yourself? Once, long ago. Stupid kid with a skewed perspective.
070. What’s your favorite restaurant? Used to be Steak & Ale but I can't find one near me any more.
071. What do you hate the most? Stupidity.
072. What’s the most horrible name known to you?Myrtle
073. Do you have any brothers or sisters? One sister
074. How old are they? What’s their name? Older by 5 years, named Susan
075. Do they look nice? Depends on your preferences and perspective, doesn't it?
076. What do you first notice about a boy/girl? I'm deffinitely a breast and ass man.
077. Do you have any addictions? Tobacco
078. Do you like jewels? Some.
079. Who would you like to be? Me
080. Do boys or girls have it easier? Some have it easier than others in various ways. Depends on whether you're gonna let it cripple your perspectives on life.
081. How much taller or smaller would you like to be? Or are you happy to get high heels? I don't do heels. I don't need heels.
082. Do you like to dance? No
083. Do you like to party? Not really.
084. Do you like to play tricks on people? Always hated practical jokes. They're actually prettry mean.
085. If yes, tell about!
086. What was your favorite school subject? Theatre, yeah I'm a Thespian, or was... after that I dug Government and History.
087. Who’s the funniest person you know? Me, Unfortunately the others around me just can't keep up.
088. What time is it now? Howdy Doody time? 6:45 pm
089. "There is no rule #"
090. "There is no rule#"
091. What’s the name of the school you attended? Grade, Jr. High or High School? Or maybe Jr. College? How about military? Pick one, I'll answer.
095. Was it nice there? Only after I left.
096. Do you like video games? Some, most get boring fast.
097. What’s your favorite video game? Zuma
098. Do you get enough sleep? Never
099. Are you a day or night person? Day, deffinitely day.
100. Can you define love? No better than any other pseudo-philosopher in the past 6k years.
101. How often do you take a shower? Daily
102. Do you get along with your parents? Not in about 40 years.
103. Did you ever lie to your parents? Not since I stopped talking to them about 35 years ago.
104. Tell why! None o' your business.
105. Do you believe in destiny? No
106. What do you want to be? A pop-tart
107. Have you ever had a flight? Do you mean have I ever flown in a plane? Yes, several times, usually to Las Vegas and back.
108. How did it feel? Great going out, depressing coming home.
109. How many rooms do you have in your house/ apartment? 10 counting the laundry room and not counting the garage.
110. Do you like to flirt? No
111. Do you curse a lot? Like a drunken sailor
112. Have you ever thought you had to die? Had to? No.
113. Tell about!
114. Have you ever had (or thought you had) a paranormal experience? Once
115. The best feeling: A full stomach
116. What is your favorite flower? Leonides Rose
117. What does your room look like? Square with 4 walls and a cieling
118. Do you follow a religion? No
119. How would you describe yourself as a person? More disinterested in continuing this Q&A every minute.
120. Do you believe in reincarnation? No
121. Do you believe in black magic? No
122. Did you ever try it? No
123. Do you believe that there is one person made just for you? No
124. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes. I married her.
125. What color is your toothbrush? The handle or the bristles: Blue and white respectively.
126. How often do you brush your teeth?daily
127. Growing up, who was your favorite cartoon characters? Wylie Coyote
128. Do you have a job?Yes
129. What’s your favorite fruit? Cherry
130. What’s your favorite vegetable? Potato
131. What’s your favorite sweets? Chocolate
132. What was the best day of your life? If I'm still alive, today, if not, yesterday.
133. Tell why!
134. Do you play a musical instrument? I plunk a little guitar.
135. Do you use deodorant? NO
136. What deodorant you use?
137. Who’s the cutest girl around? My wife, of course.
138. Who’s the cutest boy around? I don't go there.
139. Who’s the cutest, famous person? I used to really have the hots for Stevie Nicks.
140. Do you wear nail polish at the moment? No
141. Color?
142. How many rings/ bracelets you wear? Just my wedding ring and my wristwatch
143. What’s your favorite toothpaste? Arm&Hammer
144. Are you tired? Always
145. Do you have scars? Enough
146. Did you ever cry because of a girl (if you’re male) or boy (if you’re female)? Not really.
147. Do you like lollipops? Occasionally.
148. What are you thinking about right now? Finishing this bloody long questinnaire
149. Don’t look!!! What kind of underwear you’re wearing at the moment? Hanes tagless briefs, the Michael Jordan kind.
150. Who makes you laugh? Anyone capable of telling a funny joke. Usually George Carlin, Christopher Titus or my wife.
151. "There is no rule#"
152. Do you have a driver license? Yeah, unfortunately
153. How many pillows do you have on your bed? 4, my wife uses 3
154. What’s the weirdest/ worst nightmare you ever had? Had a recurring nightmare as a kid of being attacked by wolfes in the the city.
155. Will you tell me any of your secrets? No, then they wouldn't be secrets.
156. What don’t you understand about the opposite gender? anything.
157. What is your favorite clothing label? Wal-Mart
158. What’s your favorite activity? Sleeping, eating, rinse and repeat
159. What’s your favorite game? Deends on the game. Leisure, D&D, Trivial Pursuit, Hearts. For something more serious, Blackjack.
160. What are your favorite shoes? Comfortable tennis shoes.
161. What’s your favorite color?Blue, didn't we do that one alreay?
162. Do I start to annoy you? Very much so
163. What’s your favorite newspaper? Don't do them
164. What’s your favorite radio station? Talk radio
165. What’s your favorite television program? Look above
166. What’s your favorite website? I guess I should say this one?
167. Who’s your favorite poet? Shakespeare
168. What’s your favorite song? Did that above, didn't we?
169. What’s your favorite country? USA, of course
170. What’s your favorite travel destination?Like I said, Las Vegas.
171. What’s your favorite sports? I don't do sports.
172. What’s your favorite sports channel? See above.
173. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Malibu
174. What’s the most romantic thing that has ever happend to you? see the "Love at first sight" question above.
175. What’s the worst feeling? Ignorance
176. What is your biggest wish? Survival
177. What is your biggest failing? Not enough education
178. "There is no rule#"
179. What is the most important thing in your life? Wife
180. What would be the worst in your life? Dying while running away.
181. How far would you go to get what you want? Depends, physical, emotional or spiritial?
182. Do you hold your friends in high regards? Mostly, though some of them can be jerks.
183. Why? I prize honesty and give it to them. In turn they give me the respect of returning the favor.
184. "There is no rule #"
185. "There is no rule#" Am I annoying you now?
186. Do you believe you’ve found your true love? I hope so. To think that I might blow 18+ years of marriage on a whim is kind of disturbing.
187. How you recognize he/she is the one and only? Didn't marry until I was 33. Still married after 18. I'd call that a clue.
188. "Thereis no rule#"
189. Where do you want to spend your honeymoon?Been there.
190. How many children would you like/are planning to have? I never wanted kids, but she already had three. It was a package deal... so I got 3. Good enough for me.
191. What would you call your baby daughter? She's 25 and her name is Jessica. If I called her anything childish...well she knows where I sleep.
192. What would you call your baby son? The oldest is Brian. He's 29, and the youngest is Steven, he's 21. Like their with their sister, any childish stuff and I'm in trouble.
"There is no rule #"
200. What is the sexiest thing about the opposite gender? ???, is there supposed to be just one thing???? I don't get it
201. Would you like to be famous? Certainly
202. Who do you admire? Many people for many reasons. They're usually the types to tell the truth ragardless of the consequences.
203. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would you like to meet? Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Leonardo DaVinci... those kinds of guys.
204. What’s the weirdest/funniest name you have heard? See "Myrtle" above
205. What do you think of....:

- Talkshows: Mostly crap.
- Shopping: Booooorrrriiinnnnnnggg!
- Friends: Good to have, most of the time.
- Chocolate: Can't get enough
- Winnie the Pooh: Kiddie crap. Never liked him.
- Night or day: ? Dark and light

206. Decide.....:

- Truth or White lie? Truth more often than not
- Summer or Winter? Summer, definitely
- Honest or not? Honest if at all possible
- Friendship or Love? Love
- Day or Night? Day
- Saturday or Sunday? Saturday
- Chocolate- or Vanilla Ice-cream? Chocolate
- Pepsi or Coca Cola? Dr. Pepper
- Ink or Pencil? Pencil
- Bacon or Croutons? Croutons
- Serious or Funny? Seriously funny
- Full cream milk or Long living? Full cream
- Simple or Difficult? Simiple
- Law or Anarchy? Law
- Flowers or Angel? Neither
- Painting or Writing? Writing
- Color photo or black/white? Color
- Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset
- Rap or Rock? Rock
- 6 or 7? 7
- Get up late or wake up late? Wake up late
- French or Latin? Latin
- Leather- or knitted wallet? Leather
- Apple or Orange? Apple
- Emerald or Ruby? Ruby
- Left or Right? Right
- Leonardo di Caprio or Tom Cruise? Kill them both.
- Gold or Silver? Silver
- Cat or Dog? Dog
- Mustard or Ketchup? Ketchup
- Newspaper or Magazine? A good book
- Black or White? White
- Good or Evil? Good
- Sandals or Sneakers? Sneakers
- Embrace or Kiss? Kiss
- Happy or Unhappy? Happy
- Chips or Popcorn? Chips
- Life or Death? Life
- Soccer, Tennis or Handball? I said I don't do sports.
- Parquet, Flagstones or Carpet? Carpet
- Greece or Italy? Italy
- Banned or Damned? Banned
- Man or Woman? ??? I'm a guy, just like I said, I swear
- Math or Physics? Physica
- Sorcerer or Magician? Magician
- Mountain or anything else? Anything else
- White whine or Red whine? Nice try. I don't whine.
- Vodka or Tequila? Tequila
- Skatboard or Roller skates? Ref. sports
- Bed or Chair? Bed
- Bicycle or Bus? Bicycle
- Romantic? Stealth romantic, only my wife knows for sure.
- Flexible? Used to be. I've stiffened up over the years
- Creative? In some way, pretty flacid in others
- Dreamy? No usually
- Credulous? If you don't trust me, why shoudl I trust you?
- Canny? Like a Fox. I haven't beat two court lawyers by being lucky.

269. "There is no rule #"
270. Do you eat the stalks on the broccoli? Sure.
271. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue, don't you get it?
272. What kind of job do you have? Clerical
273. When your home phone rings, how long do you wait until you pick it up? By the 3rd ring if possible. That sound annoys the hell out of me and the faster it stops the happier I am.
274. When you type, are your fingers in correct positioning? Always. You don't get to 90 wpm like I do by getting sloppy.
275. What does your mousepad look like? I don't use one
276. What was the last movie you seen? Now your syntax sounds Southern...We watched Elvis' Blue Hawaii on TV last night. Believe me, it wasn't my idea.
277. How many CDs do you own? Haven't counted, But I would guess at about 150
278. What is your favorite CD? Black Sabbath: Paranoid
279. What’s your last bought CD (-Rom)? Don't remember, it's been too long.
280. How was your weekend? Busy
281. Who was the last person you talked to? My wife
282. What’s the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen? My wife
283. How are you feeling right now? Kinda bored, really
284. What are you thinking about right now? Finishing this damned survey
285. Do you believe in miracles? No
286. What’s the sense of life? You tell me and we'll both know.
287. What happens after death? ibid
288. What do you think you have learned from life so far? Patience
289. Are you grumpy in the morning? Every morning
290. What is the amount of time you spend on an average phone call? About 6 seconds. I hate phones.
291. On average, how many phone calls do you get per day? 5
292. On average, how many cell phone calls do you make in a day? Absolutely none if I can help it.
293. "There is no rule #"
294. At what age was your first time having sex?18
295. Do you have a gramophone? If you mean a turntable on my stereo, yeah. If you're looking for the classic "His master's voice" sorta thing, no.
296. What’s your favorite record? See Sabbath, above.
297. How many posters do you have in your room? Zero, I use reall art.
298. How many calendars do you currently have? one
299. Do you save old calendars? No
300. Do you like graffiti painting? No
301. How do you define a perfect teacher? Someone who can get and keep my interest.
302. How do you definde a perfect best friend? ibid
303. What was your biggest fashion disaster? Life
304. What philosophy do you follow? Payback is a bitch.
305. How often do you cry? Not in about 35 years
306. Why?
307. How often do you laugh? As often as possible
308. Why? Ever read Reader's Digest?
309. What is the stupidest movie you have ever seen? Attack of the Killer Tomatos
310. Are you superstitious? No
311. What is the nicest thing anyone ever said to you? Thank you.
312. What is the most insulting thing anyone ever said to you? Being falsely accused of something, and they knew it.
313. What would you do if you never had so much money, you wouldn't have to work for your WHOLE life?Never? Wow I guess I would have to work some more... Now if you meant "ever" I'd travel and see some really neat places that have always held my interest and generally enjoy life like anyone else would want to... my way
314. Where is your most favorite place that you have already been?Las Vegas
315. Do you see yourself as a typical girl/boy? No
316. Why or why not? Too smart
317. 7 questions left....do you feel fine? So far
318. Count the letters typed by yourself until last question! No
319. Have you ever broken bones in your body? Not that I know of
320. How did it happen?
321. Have you ever had an operation? 4
322. Better an open enemy than a false friend? Damn straight
323. Have you ever received a marriage proposal? What did you say? No, I did the proposing
324. Well done. Do you like me? ;)Don't push it

Terez
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
010. Do you have a girlfriend/ boyfriend/husband/wife? Wife
011. What’s his/ her name? Jeanelle
012. Have you ever been in love? Tell the name. ibid
Geek points!

015. What’s your favorite song? Could never narrow it to just one, but I've been a closet Headbanger for decades. Ozzy Osbourne is THE MAN!
I was in the cafeteria earlier and they were playing classic rock (*shudders to think that the following is now considered classic rock*), and they were playing Sweet Child o' Mine when I walked in, and they followed up with some Zeppelin and then some Ozzy. I knew the Zeppelin song but not the words or the title. I'd never heard the Ozzy one before, but it was obviously Ozzy, recognizable not only by the voice but just by the music, and I thought to myself that I've never really liked Ozzy music. Black Sabbath was somewhat better music, but most of Ozzy's solo music bores the crap out of me. Zeppelin and GnR put out some really good music, though. IMNSHO.

025. What kind of music you like? Heavy Metal mostly, though I'll listen to just about anything that isn't Gospel, Jazz or Blues.
Not all that fond of Gospel or Blues, but I dig Jazz a lot.

031. Do you like shopping? No, I'm a get in, get it, and get out kinda guy.
Me too.

050. What is your favorite (soft) drink? Dr. Pepper
Tastes like rotten fruit.

086. What was your favorite school subject? Theatre, yeah I'm a Thespian
We have at least a couple of those here (Camel and Ivhon).

GonzoTheGreat
03-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Me too.You're a guy? :eek:

Oh well, I guess we live and learn*.

* The other way around would probably more sensible, but this might just be more evidence for my Intoxicated Design theory.

Gilshalos Sedai
03-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Wow… that’s a lot of B.S. stacked pretty high. (Yes I can say that because though I’m originally from Calif. I was smart enough to escape the Granola Bar State (all fruits, nuts and flakes) for something more “manly”…lol…Ivhon and I might have to get together some day, as I’m also in Austin.

Uh... what part is BS?

Anaiya Sedai
03-10-2009, 07:50 AM
wow you actually answered the whole thing..
I did say beforehand that it wasn't just put together by myself, so that would explain some of the repeat questions, bad syntax (not all europeans I know speak perfect english), and other oddities. and the gaps were where I deleted some of the questions that were either repeated or plain stupid. I just couldn't get myself to re-number them again.

Terez
03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
You're a guy? :eek:
Only on Mondays.

OutFoxed
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Uh... what part is BS?All that Texas Bovine Scatology. One of the first lessons I learned when moving to Texas was, "Never try to bullshit a bullshitter." And since all Texans are bullshitters... So with all those BSers all in one area (here), that's a lot of BS in one place!

OutFoxed
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
wow you actually answered the whole thing.. Yeah, I'm kind of hard headed that way.
I did say beforehand that it wasn't just put together by myself, so that would explain some of the repeat questions, bad syntax (not all europeans I know speak perfect english), and other oddities. and the gaps were where I deleted some of the questions that were either repeated or plain stupid. I just couldn't get myself to re-number them again.But... it also provided opportunity to insert some light entertainment (I do so hope someone recognized the Python references?)

Brita
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the potential invite, but I’ve tried the on-line type of stuff and it’s never worked for me.

Like Anaiya said, it's not online but an XBox 360 game. The online games didn't really work for me either. I'm too busy (aka unreliable).

030. How long is your hair? Half way between nape of the neck and mid-shoulder blade. With the baldness on top and big bushy grey beard that hangs to be bottom of my sternum, I really look like a biker misfit, someone who should be laying with ZZ-Top, or a really thin Santa Clause; you decide

Haha- I'll go with ZZ-Top. But if you threw a grey robe on you could be Gandolf! :D

Gilshalos Sedai
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
All that Texas Bovine Scatology. One of the first lessons I learned when moving to Texas was, "Never try to bullshit a bullshitter." And since all Texans are bullshitters... So with all those BSers all in one area (here), that's a lot of BS in one place!

I just find it funny that other than the Californians, there are a LOT of people from Texas on this board. I think there's an equal number of Californians, but I could be wrong.

OutFoxed
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I just find it funny that other than the Californians, there are a LOT of people from Texas on this board. I think there's an equal number of Californians, but I could be wrong.Personally I don't find it at all out of order to find lots of people from dense population areas here. Calif and Tex comprise a signifcant % of the US population, so they have a high % of readers, etc. on down the line to "a lot" of people here.

The difference I've seen, over the years, is that Texan's aren't as gelded as badly as Californians generally are. I spent the first 19 years of my life there (turned 19 in basic training) plus 4 years with the military, so 23 years in Calif. The rest of it has been here so that's 29 in Tex. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. LOL

Nazbaque
03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
What is you favourite RPG? I am always looking for other Oblivion fans...
Weeee someone else plays it! On the whole I like Morrowind better as it has about five times the number of quests and more than one way to get through the factions. But the better graphics always pull me back to Oblivion. Also I've figured a way to make A LOT of money very fast in Morrowind so you can just buy your character to level 70 after which you can just about fight a whole nest of vampires blindfolded and both arms tied behind your back.

Now what am I forgetting?

oh yes!

Welcome OF!!

You may call me Naz!

The marshmellows start roasting as soon as someone sets me on fire.

Brita
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Weeee someone else plays it! On the whole I like Morrowind better as it has about five times the number of quests and more than one way to get through the factions. But the better graphics always pull me back to Oblivion. Also I've figured a way to make A LOT of money very fast in Morrowind so you can just buy your character to level 70 after which you can just about fight a whole nest of vampires blindfolded and both arms tied behind your back.

I seem to remember from my newbie thread that you were a fan, and we were going to talk offline about it- but never did.

I liked Morrowind for the vastness as well, but the lack of "travel" makes the game a little frusterating. I remember having to fly everywhere with my "Pants of Levitation" :D

I finished Oblivion with my Wood Elf who specialized in stealth, archery and light armour. She mastered the Mages Guild and the Thieves Guild.

Now I am playing the game with a High Elf who uses mainly Conjuration, Destruction and Hand-to-Hand. I like it because I travel with like 40 lbs of gear, never need to repair an item, and never need to recharge weapons. It is fun! I am trying to bring myself to join the Dark Brotherhood, but my scruples are making it hard for me :)

So what is this money making strategy in Morrowind? I assume it doesn't work in Oblivion.

Anaiya Sedai
03-11-2009, 11:41 AM
*sets naz on fire*

*roasts marshmallows and tesco's own vegetable fingers* (don't ask :rolleyes: )

I got carried away a bit with oblivion and the whole open world thing.. I got the shivering isles expansion as well, and I just walked around for about 150 hours, punching stuff, closing oblivion gates that weren't part of the story and somehow never really managed to finish the story :(

Brita
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
haha! I know what you mean anaiya- the best part is you could just walk around and do whatver you want- be a total slacker if you wanted and yet still have fun. I love that about the game.

I am very close to finishing Shivering Isles with my first character, but it is too linear and it is boring me. Do task A to get to task B which will bring you to task C- blah blah blah.

So I'm waffling around in the main world again with my new girl. Fun fun!

Now- for some newbie thread fun:

~~blows on Naz to stoke the flames~~

There you go darling ;)

Nazbaque
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
The Morrowind money scheme is a bit of a build up.

1. There is a Scamp called "Creeper" in Caldera. His base money is 5000 and he always gives the exact value of merchandise. Also he keeps everything you sell him.

2. You need things to sell back and forth such as skooma, dwemer stuff, orcish armor etc. so you can trade big money items for them and then sell those items in chunks worth 5000 or so. One of the best places to get this type of stuff is that plantation north of Vivec. The place is loaded with skooma and there is quite a bit of money about too. Creeper's house also has a few pieces of orcish armor, but I'd recomend using that for fighting anyone who gets in the way until you have enough money to visit the Glass armor seller at Ghost gate.

3. To speed things up use the mark spell at creeper's, feather potions to build up loot and the recall spell to get you back to creeper fast.

Feather potions are also good in Oblivion, but the four at a time limit does just that: limits.

Brita
03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Interesting- I never found Creeper- that would definitely have been a goldmine!

OutFoxed
03-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Now for something completely different:

I've had an idea and know neither how to approach it, nor where to post the idea... so I'll gonna do it here and hope I don't step on toes by doing it wrong.

The other theory site I came from, the one closing soon, has some very good theory ideas they've posted, some of which are so good they'e been used as references for other ideas. When that site closes, most of those will probably disppear into the vaporware lost-and-found, and to me that would be a shame:eek: . Is there some way some of those things can get transfered over here, say into an archive or database of some sort, so they can be preserved?:confused: Many of them could make strong research contributions and such.

Even if there might be copyright issues to resolve, with the site closing down getting a reprint permission shouldn't be that hard.

Ideas?

Gilshalos Sedai
03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
You'd have to discuss this with Tamyrlin. PM him with the link and maybe he and the other site's owners can work something out.

Terez
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Are you talking about Wotmania? Because we can't just steal their stuff. I've talked to a couple of the admins from over there, and they've got some plans to transfer a lot of stuff to Dragonmount (ugh), and they've also got some plans to open a blog where a lot of the FAQ stuff will be hosted. I'm just not sure on the exact details. We've let them know that we'd be happy to host stuff here, but I doubt they'll take us up on that.

OutFoxed
03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Are you talking about Wotmania? We've let them know that we'd be happy to host stuff here, but I doubt they'll take us up on that.Yeah, those are the guys. It's unfortunate they'll allow archiving here. I would think it intelligent to allow the info to go to multiple sources, but hey, there's no accounting for either taste or brains, eh?

I guess I'll just have to go grab it all myself.

Ozymandias
03-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Now I am playing the game with a High Elf who uses mainly Conjuration, Destruction and Hand-to-Hand. I like it because I travel with like 40 lbs of gear, never need to repair an item, and never need to recharge weapons. It is fun! I am trying to bring myself to join the Dark Brotherhood, but my scruples are making it hard for me :)

Brita, you convinced me to go pick it up, and damn, do I love you for the suggestion. My only regret is that I don't have a summer of nothing to do to beat the damn thing in every possible variation. Its taking every ounce of willpower I have not to play all day and all night. I'm some sort of wizardly/sorcerous High Elf too...

EDIT: And of course I totally forgot to welcome OutFoxed! So, welcome! Though I disagree with your choice of gambling (more of a craps man, myself), I think I'll get over it.

Speaking of blackjack, good story for the board. I was playing blackjack with Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias at 330am the other day in a casino in the Caribbean. How freaking cool is that? Lost a ton of money because I was too busy staring (I actually hit on 21... thats when I called it a night), but still... worth it.

Brita
03-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Ozy- I am very tempted to take your words out of context for my sig:

Damn, do I love you- Ozy :p

It is addicting- and so many differrent ways to play. My hubby is always an axe wielding brute of some sort- so our games are different in strategy, guild membership and general feel. I makes it very fun to watch each other, even on the same task. With my first character, I'd sneak in with my wood elf and kill the suckers before they even see me with my glass bow and dwarven arrows. My husband just goes in madly swinging his 50 lb axe :) Man, now I just want to get home an play......

OutFoxed
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Though I disagree with your choice of gambling (more of a craps man, myself), I think I'll get over it.We each have our poison. I know craps well enough to know that I don't want to know any more, if you know what I mean.

Years ago, when I decided I actually wanted to be an intelligent, informed gambler, I thought the problem through like this:

Most of gamling involves making a bet, then something happens, and whether you win or lose depends on what happened (roll of the dice, spin of a wheel, the drop of a ball, etc.). Except for whether or not to play, the player has no control over the game. There are really only two games (and their variants) where skill and decision making on the part of the player can have a significant impact on the outcome: Poker and Blackjack.

Frankly, I'm not very good at poker, so I chose BJ as my game. I studied the math, I learned about the laws of chance, the law of large numbers, ad nauseum. I learned the MIT Blackjack Team (see the movie 21?) "Basic Strategy", and finally learned how to count cards (no it isn't illegal, and yes I can count an 8-deck shoe without any trouble). I'm a small-time player, $5 a hand or less if at all possible (I play for fun, not profit). I can make about $100 an hour if I'm on my game.

If you like craps, more power to you, but it's not my thing; I can't get into it the way I did with BJ.

Ozymandias
03-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Frankly, I'm not very good at poker, so I chose BJ as my game. I studied the math, I learned about the laws of chance, the law of large numbers, ad nauseum. I learned the MIT Blackjack Team (see the movie 21?) "Basic Strategy", and finally learned how to count cards (no it isn't illegal, and yes I can count an 8-deck shoe without any trouble). I'm a small-time player, $5 a hand or less if at all possible (I play for fun, not profit). I can make about $100 an hour if I'm on my game.

If you like craps, more power to you, but it's not my thing; I can't get into it the way I did with BJ.

Firstly, if you haven't learned already... with the bunch of dissolute, gutter-minded people we have on this board, sentences like that first one are gonna get you in trouble ;).

Secondly, I don't gamble to win money. I go in with X$, assume its all lost the second I cash in for chips, and just enjoy the game from then on. I like craps because its very social. If you can actually make money consistently at blackjack, absolutely go for it.

Brita
03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm a poker girl myself- and am generally good at it for about an hour. Then my attention wanes, I get bored and I start playing every hand just to stay interested- it goes downhill from there.

If I cash out after an hour I am almost always ahead.

Plus, the old boys often don't take me seriously, and that certainly helps the odds :D

Speaking of blackjack, good story for the board. I was playing blackjack with Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias at 330am the other day in a casino in the Caribbean. How freaking cool is that? Lost a ton of money because I was too busy staring (I actually hit on 21... thats when I called it a night), but still... worth it.

That is cool. The thing I like about blackjack is the comraderie- everyone is trying to beat the dealer, and so there is general good feeling all around. Poker, not so much.

Sarafelle
03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Sorry that I have not made it to this board sooner. Welcome to Theoryland OutFoxed!!! Eat, Drink, Post Often and Enjoy!!!

Ishara
03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Sara, please, for the love of all that's holy, tell me your avatar is ironic.

Cary Sedai
03-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome to Theoryland, Foxy! :D

~sprinkles Foxy with fairy dust~
~roasts marshmellows & shares with everyone~
~sprinkles extra special fairy dust on Ana & bump~

Glad you found us, Foxy! And sorry I'm late! I've been a bit of a slacker, or actually I haven't. You see, before I moved I could be online all day while at work and I spent loads more time here and chatting with all my wonderful friends. Now I have a job where I can't be online at all... It's been horrible, but I'm still looking for another job. So I can slack again!

Anyhow, I see that you posted on non-wot, which brought me to your newb thread, in which you said you wouldn't be on non-wot... LOL... we have already sucked you in! And I noticed no one gave you a straight Jacket, yet!

~stuffs Foxy into a straight jacket~

There you go, now all the boards will be safe! :D

Cary Sedai recently fled our state for the backwoods of Arkansas.

I did not flee! I am in the backwoods of Arkansas, though... :p However, that's just for the next year or so, until Zan is done with school. Then we could end up in New England, Washington DC, Florida or maybe even Oregon, where I will insist we live in a larger city than one of 5,000 people! I miss living in Austin. Not some of the people, but a big city that doesn't feel like a big city is awesome! I don't even have a Target close by! Plenty of Wal-mart's though... :(

Sara, please, for the love of all that's holy, tell me your avatar is ironic.

I haven't seen the movie, I'm sure I will sometime. And I wasn't even going to read the books, but my bf got me the first one for Christmas and I put it off as long as possible.... but I read it anyhow. Then I read the rest of them, I finished it all in 5 days. I must say it's one of the most interesting love stories I've ever read. The vampire and shape-shifter stuff was pretty interesting, but in a rather incidental way to the love story. I cried at least twice. I normally hate love stories. No idea what came over me, but I loved it. I accept that some won't, and that some won't even try it because of the teenage girls going nuts over it, but ~shrug~ I loved it. I'm not sure that the Edward in the movie is going to beautiful enough, though...

Sarafelle
03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I wish I could tell you that Ishara but the oaths that I took do not permit me to lie. I have read the entire series twice, both times in less than a week and fell in love with the series.

No irony here....

And Cary, Edward is SO worth seeing in the movie.... ;)

Ishara
03-23-2009, 12:13 PM
~face palm~

You guys! LOL. Whatever, it was hours of entertainment, no argument there.

If you're into RPats, then you sould check out Laineygossip.com. She lives in Vancouver (where're they're filming New Moon), and although she can't handle the series (read her book review, funnier than hell), she does faithfully post lost of pics of the whole cast daily for her Twihards. :p

irerancincpkc
04-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I am always looking for other Oblivion fans...
Raises hand and stands up as far as the desk will allow. :D

Brita
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Oooh- so we have:

Me
Naz
Anaiya
Spammer
Ozy is hooked now (probably why he's MIA :p)

What kind of character do you play Spammer?

And Anaiya too- I don't think I asked you.

irerancincpkc
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
In Morrowind and Oblivion I have been a Redguard. If you cut me open right now, I would bleed Redguard blood... :D

Brita
04-03-2009, 06:56 PM
heheh

Morrowind and Oblivion I was a Wood Elf archer. But right now I am a High Elf mage. I just completed the game with her, so I might do a third- perhaps a Red Guard- I want to be a warrior this time.

irerancincpkc
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I went through Morrowind once as a Nord, and I'm going through Oblivion again with an Orc... but the Redguard is where my heart truly lies. I'll go on Morrowind just to pick mushrooms and such, as I believe I have beaten everything. I assume you've done the expansion packs for both?

Belazamon
04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
The other theory site I came from, the one closing soon, has some very good theory ideas they've posted, some of which are so good they'e been used as references for other ideas. When that site closes, most of those will probably disppear into the vaporware lost-and-found, and to me that would be a shame.

Hey, Fox, welcome to Theoryland. If you ever venture over to OF at wotmania, you might know me better as Craig. :D Don't worry too much about the Theory Post, I can promise you some folks are working very hard to make sure none of it disappears. ;)

Anyway, these guys are pretty alright.

Brita
04-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I went through Morrowind once as a Nord, and I'm going through Oblivion again with an Orc... but the Redguard is where my heart truly lies. I'll go on Morrowind just to pick mushrooms and such, as I believe I have beaten everything. I assume you've done the expansion packs for both?

yep- done and conquered. I can't wait for the next game, but there isn't even a rumour yet of the next Elder Scrolls release :(

Right now I am decorating my house in Skingrad....and performing random assassinations as requested by the Night Mother of course.

Sarevok
04-04-2009, 03:56 AM
I have Morrowind, but somehow I never figured it out... like with the mushrooms and stuff. There's no way to find out what it does for you... :(

Nazbaque
04-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Raising your alchemy skill reveals what the ingredients are good for. You can buy training from Ajira in Balmora Mage's Guild or just collect salt rise, marshmarrow, cork bulp and (can't remember the plants name but lots of it grows in the north eastern parts of the island) mixing any two of these together makes good restore health potions and it is fairly easy to get large ammounts of all four.

Ozymandias
04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Raising your alchemy skill reveals what the ingredients are good for. You can buy training from Ajira in Balmora Mage's Guild or just collect salt rise, marshmarrow, cork bulp and (can't remember the plants name but lots of it grows in the north eastern parts of the island) mixing any two of these together makes good restore health potions and it is fairly easy to get large ammounts of all four.

I have to give up Oblivion for a few weeks, as its almost exams/heavy-drinking-springtime time.

However, my only complaint with the game is its ridiculous ease. I am a level 6 blade mage who can easily kill the entire Imperial city without breaking a sweat. Hardly seems fair. If every NPC in the game came running at me, I'm about 45% certain I could kill them all without dying.

That said, I understand its a plot-oriented game meant to further the story, and make you solve little riddles and do things like sneaking around in order to finish it optimally.

I really, really, REALLY liked the whodunit quest for the Dark Brotherhood storyline. Not to ruin it for anyone, but when you say to the woman "I'm an assassin here to kill you all," and she laughs... well, I almost pissed myself.

But there has to be SOMETHING wrong with a level 3 character becoming the Listener of the Black Hand, right?

Nazbaque
04-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Have you checked your difficulty setting. It might be set so that you do six times normal level damage. I tried the hardest setting once and a bleedin scamp kicked my butt. granted I didn't have any potions and very poor equipment but still.

Ozymandias
04-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Have you checked your difficulty setting. It might be set so that you do six times normal level damage. I tried the hardest setting once and a bleedin scamp kicked my butt. granted I didn't have any potions and very poor equipment but still.

I thought there might have been a difficulty setting, but I've been too lazy to look for it. There was no other explanation for the ridiculous ease of the game.

Its gotten to the point where it almost wasn't fun, because it was just "run into cave, grab item, fast travel, find something else to do"

I'm actually running out of quests to do because I finish them so fast, and certain ones have level requirements.

But this sounds like an adequate solution