PDA

View Full Version : Ah, well. Right, then.

Uno
06-05-2009, 06:48 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/06/04/real.life.superheroes/index.html

Terez
06-06-2009, 01:20 AM
That is awesome.

tworiverswoman
06-06-2009, 02:11 AM
Uhm. Well. Yeah. It's rather cool. It's also a little creepy. I like that they do good deeds. The costumes, though...

Some of them would be FANTASTIC at Halloween - but day to day, in the ordinary streets? They must have egos made out of cast-iron.

tworiverswoman
06-08-2009, 02:11 AM
I guess I'm just a born editor...

I clicked on the link and read the story and decided to look at ITS links and went to http://www.reallifesuperheroes.org/index.html and then started to laugh at the banner ad at the bottom of the page. There's a typo in it -- one that actually sorta works "as is"... in a way... kinda...

Oh, and the photo gallery on that link is ~spends several long moments looking for a word~ "strange." (I'll have to settle)

For those who don't feel like following links, the banner ad reads: "Need some super threads before you destory evil?" Sorry - it just hit my funny-bone...

hippie-joe
06-08-2009, 03:01 AM
wow...:confused:
isn't vigilantism illegal not to mention incredibly dangerous,

you got one nerdy comic book fan taking on 3muggers with a what? "stand down or i'll mase you!"

if i were dumb enough to go do that i hope i'd be smart enough to have at least a large can of bear mase, and one of those cool retractable wands that the military have, those things are solid and i can only imagine what they would do to a skull

uh, or i could be a super vilian. STONEY-JOE and his sidekick stoner boy, with the power to inebriate small children with a single bong hit. muahahahahahaha!!! so very diabolical

JSUCamel
06-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Vigilantism is illegal, yes, but they do have things such as citizens arrest, where a citizen can detain a criminal until authorities arrive.

Personally, I think these guys are idiots. Leave this stuff to the trained professionals.

Crispin's Crispian
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.reallifesuperheroes.org/images_heroes/kismet.jpg

Ready? OK!

S-U-P-E-R

H-E-R-O-E-S

Yay! Superheroes!!

I also like Captain Prospect, for some reason, and Direction Man gets right to the point.

Frenzy
06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
was there a Captain Obvious?

Uno
06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Once you get superheroes, you also get supervillains. Stands to reason. But since these superheroes are not, in fact, all that super, maybe one needn't lose any sleep over that.

Davian93
06-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Once you get superheroes, you also get supervillains. Stands to reason. But since these superheroes are not, in fact, all that super, maybe one needn't lose any sleep over that.

bound to happen eventually...but that's when we go with the Michael Caine approach of "burn the whole forest down" to take out the bad guy

Gilshalos Sedai
06-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Btw: Your title sounds terribly British, Uno. Almost to the point where I feel the need to quote Spike: "Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea."