PDA

View Full Version : World Con : Canada 2009 and Australia 2010

Isabel
06-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey all,

For the Canadian fans I would suggest looking into World Con. It's being held in Montreal this year. For Ishara: Kay is also going to be there :P

This is the guest list for Montreal:

http://www.anticipationsf.ca/English/AlsoAttending

I am looking into world con in Australia 2010. I was planning to go to Australia in 2010, so i am checking now if it is actually possible for me :P
A few friends are probably going there as well.

Anyone else who might consider going?

Anyone who has experience with world Con?

Orc
06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I recognized about four of those names. And I have never read anything they wrote.

Gilshalos Sedai
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh, man! Esther Friesner and Nancy Kress alone are enough to make me want to go.

And any chance to suck up to the Haydens is fried gold. (Happy I used it in a sentence, SP?)

But I can't.

Isabel
06-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Hehe, I know, I wish i could go to Canada too.
I heard so many good stories about World Con :)

That's why i am looking into the possibility of Melbourne.
But perhaps 2011 will be the USA?

Ishara
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
So want to go, if only to meet GGK again. Actually the GGK website/ boards, BrightWeavings denizens are having a get together (an annual thing) in conjunction with the convention. They hang out with GGK, have dinner, he buys the drinks - and they are often treated to a brief reading or discussion of new material. (He NEVER does this. He doesn't tease, he doesn't blab, and he certainly doesn't blog. he's almost done a draft of his next book and won't even reveal what time period he's using. Guh.)

Have heard though, that prices for World Con are OBSCENE.

Isabel
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
The prices are very high:(. World Con is about 5 days and so you pay a lot. I heard something about 150 euros.
It's 240 CAD for the whole 5 days and 175 for weekend membership.

The GCK meet sounds amazing :) (for a fan)