PDA

View Full Version : To my dear message board friends...

Tamyrlin
05-28-2008, 12:25 PM
You have arrived!

One goal I had in bringing the boards to Theoryland, was my sincere hope that those of you that were spending all of your time on the boards, would put some time in Theoryland.com. There are hundreds of predictions and theories to be rated, factions to be joined or created, and theories to be submitted. I have to go through 36 theories in queue and your replies to theories would be greatly appreciated. So - well, while you are here, lend some of your life to our home, if you wouldn't mind.

- Your truly fanatic, benevolent, lazy leader
Tamyrlin

Terez
05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
If you post new theories, I will be there. :) I'm not Callandor though, so I need help. *hint hint* :D

irerancincpkc
05-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't think very many new ones have been posted since I joined, but I look forward to it! :D :D :D

Rune420
05-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Ahhh, Theoryland.com...the other white meat.

I should probably start discussing the theories on the actual theory response page. I don't think I have even made a theory reply in over a year, let alone my own theory.

But I always do read the new theories and most of the replies.

Terez
05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
We'll see how many of those 36 actually get posted. It's likely to be a lot of "Olver=Gaidal Cain" theories and such. :)

Davian93
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Wait a minute...Olver ISN'T Gaidal Cain...

Terez
05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Well...we know that, but most noobs think it's a great theory. :p

Davian93
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
At least we finally cleared up the "Rand has two Souls" and "Taimandred" theories... I don't think anyone still posts that type of trash anymore.

Terez
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Tam doesn't post it. Doesn't mean he doesn't get a lot of it. :D

caladanbrood
05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
One of these days I'm going to try an "Alan the Unknown Farrier killed Asmodean" theory, and it'll blow you away :p

Terez
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Let me guess...he fed the body to the forge?

Ozymandias
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll have you know, terez, that I clogged up his inbox with tons of excellent and amazing and thought-provoking theories... sadly, I think they were all rejected.

The main board died out a while back. When Callandor left, I feel. Thats sad. I liked it better than the message board.

NO OFFENSE MESSAGE BOARD PEOPLE. I LOVE YOU TOO

Ozymandias
05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
oh... and how do I get my message board account to reflect my main board raising status? More a question for Tam, I suppose.

Marie Curie 7
05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
The main board died out a while back. When Callandor left, I feel. Thats sad. I liked it better than the message board.

~shrug~ I'd say it has less to do with Callandor leaving and much more to do with the fact that no new theories have been posted in more than a year... there's not much to comment on that hasn't already been beaten to death.

Ozymandias
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
No, I blame it all on Callandor. I don't think I agreed with him even once... on anything.

Though that was probably because he reflexively disagreed with anything everyone said.

Is he ever coming back? He left during my hiatus... what happened?

Terez
05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Ozy's at least half right, Marie...Tam has always been lazy about posting theories. Callie replied to all the replies to old theories, and in general kept everyone riled up. Especially Ozy. :D You and I don't have the patience for that crap (though I think you have more patience for it than I do).

irerancincpkc
05-29-2008, 05:25 PM
It would be neat to have that part of the board pick up again; I've gone back and read almost all of the theories/replies and it would be nice! :D

Tamyrlin
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
There are 36 theories there waiting for my review, however, that typically only turns into four or five theories. Unfortunately, most people don't put in the time necessary for me to want to post their theories. Sometimes, I go grab a few quotes for them, if the idea is good enough.

Ozymandias
05-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Well I've had some new ideas knocking around in my head for a while now, so I'll get you some material, Tam ;).

I love the boards... but I love the main site more. I'm not quite a quotemaster, nor do I have Callandor's flair for clever putdowns, so I'm not quite as good at keeping discussions going... but I'll be on a lot... I have tons of free time this summer. My internship is a joke.

Out of curiosity... Tam, do you have a theory waiting from me about shah'rah? We hadn't had a theory on that in an Age...

Tamyrlin
06-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Wow...it only took like eight months. Geesh...