PDA

View Full Version : If I posted one of these every time I came back...

Jalyn
06-22-2009, 11:00 PM
you'd have a lot of threads separated by varying lengths of time. (You thought I was going to say something witty, didn't you?)

Anyway, Hi TL. I'll try to stick around on a semi-regular basis, I seem to remember that I really like a bunch of you. I will note that I've become a bit more... combative as the years (and politicians) have come and gone. (I'm not asking for slack, that was more of a warning.)

At some point, I'm going to have to venture out of Non-WOT and into the book forum aren't I? Or are we still arguing on whether Verin channeled in the stedding?

Sei'taer
06-22-2009, 11:02 PM
At some point, I'm going to have to venture out of Non-WOT and into the book forum aren't I? Or are we still arguing on whether Verin channeled in the stedding?

DING DING DING....Welcome back dearie. It's good to see old friends again. Can you give Cauthon a kick in the butt and maybe get him to come back for a visit now and then...Ivhon really misses him.

Jalyn
06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't know how to contact him. He's either changed his IM name or isn't using it.

I considered asking about him, actually, I saw you and Danger around, but I haven't noticed him or SDog.

Also, anyone that had joined one of my factions while I wasn't paying attention has now been approved.

Sei'taer
06-22-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't know how to contact him. He's either changed his IM name or isn't using it.

I considered asking about him, actually, I saw you and Danger around, but I haven't noticed him or SDog.

Also, anyone that had joined one of my factions while I wasn't paying attention has now been approved.

Crispins Crispian is SDog. I'll let him explain the name change. He's still...um...The Dawg though. I've tried to contact him through IM too, but zero success...much like I had with you and even Ivhon during his extended vacation.

Sei'taer
06-22-2009, 11:10 PM
PS...Don't call him Danger...he's old and more persnickety than danjrous

Jalyn
06-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Weird. I've added IMs but my yahoo one has never changed.

Jalyn
06-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Can I call him Jennivhon?

Terez
06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
The book forums are pretty combative, but we aren't arguing about that any more. We have an RJ quote saying she didn't, and that he would reveal something about souls in a later book so that it would all make sense, and we think that was the scene with Perrin where he went hunting for Faile in Tel'aran'rhiod (the second time), and Berelain found him in the snow, and one of the Aes Sedai said that it was if his soul had left his body, or something.

I suppose we could argue about that, since RJ quotes don't always necessarily end discussions, but we generally don't. And most people have given up on Taimandred, too.

Tru did start a faction recently insisting that Lanfear was the one to set the fly trap in The Great Hunt, even though an RJ quote says it was Fain.

Anyway, new (or returned) voices on General are usually a good thing.

Jalyn
06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Taimandred actually died? I have got to find the thread where the last hold out gave up. (Dang it, who was that?)

Terez
06-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I bet Gonzo could tell you (he seems to think that he single-handedly brought the theory down). He should be around in 12 hours or so.

Jalyn
06-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Tercel is who I was thinking of, I went to the old board and looked.

Terez
06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Ah yeah, TerceI sort of returned recently too.

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1860

Sarevok
06-23-2009, 03:03 AM
Welcome back, Jalyn!! :)

Sei'taer
06-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Can I call him Jennivhon?

That'd be awesome!

GonzoTheGreat
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Taimandred actually died? I have got to find the thread where the last hold out gave up. (Dang it, who was that?)Go to the Winter's Heart pages (http://theoryland.yuku.com/forums/22?page=10), and read the "TD - topic" threads I started to handle this issue. I started that series because I got so fed up with having two out of three threads either discussing that topic or getting sidetracked by it that I decided to look into it myself. It took a while, but eventually I actually managed to win. To be fair, when I started I hadn't really had a definite position on the matter apart from annoyance at all the pointless discussions on it.

So far, the "is LTT real or is he God*" question has not quite sparked this level of annoyance, but it has come close, on occasion.

I bet Gonzo could tell you (he seems to think that he single-handedly brought the theory down).Not single-handedly. It took both hands to pound the stake into this dead horse, and even then it took a while before people stopped beating it.

* God=a figment of the imagination thought to be real by the one imagining Him.

GonzoTheGreat
06-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Looking through the Taimandred threads again, I encountered my prediction for the ending of the series:
Tarmon Gaidon 1274 Loose Ends
Demandred was shocked. He would never have believed al'Thor had any chance of success with that insane gamble. He decided to change his name, and take up farming in what was formerly known as the Land of the Madman.
Most of the remaining renegade asha'man were rounded up and executed, but no one ever discovered what became of Taim. There were persistent rumors that he lived in Tar Valon itself, but despite regular sweeps by the increasingly annoyed Aes Sedai nothing substantial ever turned up.
The legal fight about possesion of Bela between Siuan Sanche, Egwene al'Vere and Bayle Domon was never settled. Even now, 500 years after the Great Battle, there are still lawyers paid from Domon's legacy arguing the case in three different courts.I (probably) got the name of the last book wrong. And I have no recollection of the basis of Domon's claim to Bela.
It should be clear that the Taimandred option is kept open, right past the end.

DahLliA
06-23-2009, 11:55 AM
welcome back :D

Matoyak
06-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Welcome back Jalyn. Don't get scared away too soon. :)

* God=a figment of the imagination thought to be real by the one imagining Him. Damn, dude, you really are a dick. Why do you feel the need to bash religious beliefs in every fucking thread you post in? Hell, I'd be annoyed even if I wasn't religious.

Jalyn
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome back Jalyn. Don't get scared away too soon. :)

Oh, nothing here can scare me.

Matoyak
06-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh, nothing here can scare me.
Oh? Then I shall have to search for something that can...what about the whole cookie monster now being the veggie monster thing? (well, to be fair, that's more annoyance than fear...)

Hmmm...I know. Go watch any movie with Queen Latifah in it.

Jalyn
06-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Oh? Then I shall have to search for something that can...what about the whole cookie monster now being the veggie monster thing? (well, to be fair, that's more annoyance than fear...)

Hmmm...I know. Go watch any movie with Queen Latifah in it.

I didn't say nothing could scare me, I said nothing here can scare me. Perhaps I should have gone with no one rather than nothing. Once you've been in the middle of a Sini/Gonzo argument (and probably disagreed with both at points) you're pretty much ok.

Sarevok
06-24-2009, 02:57 AM
*lights the torch*

*waits for Naz*

Purple Dragon
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
~steps in~

~gets a better hold of walking cane~

~straigthen purple leather coat~

~dons purple tinted shades~

~pulls brim of hat away from eyes~

here Mato and Sare... have a cookie!

now hush, and go play while the Dragon Speaks!

~looks around~

Did i hear a challenge? Gonzo going at it again? tsk tsk, will that boy never learn? or was it Jalyn that didn't think i could scare her?

either way. It's on now!

DahLliA
06-24-2009, 05:29 PM
woah. first cookie in ages :p

Sei'taer
06-24-2009, 10:37 PM
woah. first cookie in ages :p

~Knows Jalyn quite well. Sits back and watches in anticipation~

She's smelled Sini and been Belafired a time or two. She can take it.

Matoyak
06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
COOOKIE! ~nom nom nom~

Ehhhh...wait a minute..last one of these I had ended up being C4...

Sarevok
06-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Yeah, like Mato said, it might be dangerous...

PD, what kind of cookie is it?

GonzoTheGreat
06-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Eat And Find Out.

Sarevok
06-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Eat And Find Out.
Good point.

*munch*

Purple Dragon
06-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Good point.

*munch*

~snickers evely in the shadows as both the Lab Rat and the Dutchie is turned into... SWEDES!!!~

MWAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

Nazbaque
06-27-2009, 02:21 PM
an S-cookie? That's sick PD!

Welcome back, Jalyn!!

Those who know me call me Naz.

Those who don't also call me Naz.

Those who hate me call me a pain in the ass. But I deny all the rumors about Burning Hemorrhoids.

Now where is the Torch? Sare stolen it again?

Sarevok
06-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Now where is the Torch? Sare stolen it again?
Yes, I did. :)

*sets Naz on fire*

tworiverswoman
07-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Once you've been in the middle of a Sini/Gonzo argument (and probably disagreed with both at points) you're pretty much ok. What's scary is that they've been nearly cordial to each other lately. I keep looking over my shoulder for the Langoleers or something...

Welcome back, though I'm sorry to say I don't think I've met you... :p

Belazamon
07-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Howdy!

I came back, too.

Birgitte
07-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Heya Jalyn! I don't think I've really seen you since we had a discussion on the reasons Randlander chicks don't like to show their legs (I was in the "they don't shave and are embarrassed" camp). That was a long, long time ago in a chat far away, though. And I believe you were drunk at the time, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if you remembered.

Jalyn
07-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Belazamon! I'm happy now.

Er. Why Randlandian women don't show their legs... Good lord, did I talk about it at length?

Belazamon
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Belazamon! I'm happy now.
Now that's an unusual reaction.

Birgitte
07-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Er. Why Randlandian women don't show their legs... Good lord, did I talk about it at length?

hehehe...For about half an hour or so, IIRC. You did spend quite a while explaining how people were once turned on by ankles. Mostly I remember the conversation because Rhodric found the whole long insane chat experience funny enough to post on the Non-WoT.

Jalyn
07-04-2009, 12:57 AM
You did spend quite a while explaining how people were once turned on by ankles.

So, I miss jokes but keep a bit of logic while drunk, cool.

Ivhon
07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Hmm...don't venture around the newbie boards much anymores. It's just too painful...the memories, the memories.

Anyway...GET OUT OF MY HEAD...err...KILL THEM...errr...are you really there?

Im sure I said it elsewhere, but good to have you back!

P.S. Cookies are dangerous....but only Ivhon is danjrous!!!

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 01:01 PM
WB, Jalyn. It's possible Sinistrum's being civil to Gonzo because I've threatened him with no more cheesy poofs if he lets the Muppet get a rise out of him again. I don't have any pull over Gonzo at all.

Or perhaps they've both just gotten old.

GonzoTheGreat
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Of course, if the problem is gone with good behaviour from Sinistrum and no change at all from me, that's sort of suggestive, don't you think?

Now, it may also help that the current president is not as eager to see dead people* as his predecessor was.

* I first typed "Americans" there. Then I realised that I had no reason at all to accuse Bush of such discriminatory practices. The man has many faults, but that doesn't seem to be one of them.

tworiverswoman
07-10-2009, 07:09 PM
WB, Jalyn. It's possible Sinistrum's being civil to Gonzo because I've threatened him with no more cheesy poofs if he lets the Muppet get a rise out of him again. I don't have any pull over Gonzo at all.

Or perhaps they've both just gotten old.Rep

Purple Dragon
07-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Of course, if the problem is gone with good behaviour from Sinistrum and no change at all from me, that's sort of suggestive, don't you think?

Now, it may also help that the current president is not as eager to see dead people* as his predecessor was.

* I first typed "Americans" there. Then I realised that I had no reason at all to accuse Bush of such discriminatory practices. The man has many faults, but that doesn't seem to be one of them.

Unlike the DUTCH, that can't be bothered to even make a STAND on ANY subject...go stick a finger in a dyke... that's what you can do... you WILL act civil to Sini AND the rest of the Americans or there WILL be concequenzes... from ME if from no other

GonzoTheGreat
07-14-2009, 05:17 PM
You think to scare me into behaving?

That's funny. I repped you for it, and I haven't used rep all that often.

Purple Dragon
07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
You think to scare me into behaving?

That's funny. I repped you for it, and I haven't used rep all that often.

funny... i don't NEED Rep's... and you WILL behave, darlin' or things WILL happen... you have NO idea how far my reach is these days... i will take so very little BS from you, now that Sini is playing nice... so, behave... NO bashing the US... you can express your oppinions about INDIVIDUAL persons in a CIVIL manner or not at all... those are the terms.

creepybob
10-24-2009, 02:26 PM
...go stick a finger in a dyke...

I can't decide if that's the most brilliant, or most lame quip I've ever seen.

Matoyak
10-24-2009, 09:14 PM
I can't decide if that's the most brilliant, or most lame quip I've ever seen.Why did you do that? What was the point of bringing this thread back up from months ago to post something that pointless?

Jokeslayer
10-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Why did you do that? What was the point of bringing this thread back up from months ago to post something that pointless?

Yeah! How are we meant to know which are the active newbie threads if people bump inactive ones?

Terez
10-24-2009, 10:13 PM
haha, thanks for reviving it. I'd missed that. :D