PDA

View Full Version : RIP Farrah Fawcett

JSUCamel
06-25-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/25/obit.fawcett/index.html

I don't know many guys older than I who didn't have a poster of Farrah on the walls. This is such a shame.

RIP.

Zaela Sedai
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
It really is very sad. RIP Farrah, fuck cancer :(

Edit... why did i think it was breast cancer....anal cancer? I never heard of that before...

Davian93
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
So much for her supposedly doing better.

Frenzy
06-26-2009, 03:27 AM
i thought it was called Colon Cancer. Dead is dead, i suppose.

RIP, Farrah.

(aside: Mr. Frenzy was pointing out the unfairness of his work colleagues not even blinking at Farrah's death, but calling friends & family and getting all bent out of shape at MJ's death. Saying that one allegedly touched children, and one made children touch themselves.

he's almost as crass as i am.)

Ishara
06-26-2009, 08:23 AM
It's certainly sad, but Farrah was before my time, so I don't have any memories associated with her, you know? Did she and Ryan O'Neill ever end up getting married before she passed?

JSUCamel
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
i thought it was called Colon Cancer. Dead is dead, i suppose.

Anal cancer affects the anus. It's distinctly different from colorectal cancer. Sounds painful, right?

It's certainly sad, but Farrah was before my time, so I don't have any memories associated with her, you know? Did she and Ryan O'Neill ever end up getting married before she passed?

No, they didn't.

Also, Farrah's illness was highly publicized and we've known about it for quite some time now. While tragic, her death wasn't entirely unexpected. Michael's death, however, took the world by surprise. He was gearing up for a tour in just a few weeks, and he was cleared by his physician the other day. It was just a total shocker.

Gilshalos Sedai
06-26-2009, 09:47 AM
I remember hating her when I was a kid. Mostly because for some insane reason, while she was truly famous, my name (Sarah) was often mistaken for hers. Heck, even when she wasn't famous it was. I have one of the most common first names for a girl on the planet and she doesn't and somehow people want me to be named for her. Wierd.

I met her once. A horse had thrown her and sprained her ankle badly and she was in the same physical therapy facility in which I was being treated. She didn't look a damned thing like her publicity photos.

All in all, however, from what I've heard that type of cancer is virulent and painful. I hope she's at peace.

Davian93
06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that Ryan O'Neill essentially got to live out his most famous movie role "Love Story" in real life?

Sad, but ironic?

Firseal
06-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Farrah's illness was highly publicized and we've known about it for quite some time now. While tragic, her death wasn't entirely unexpected. Michael's death, however, took the world by surprise. He was gearing up for a tour in just a few weeks, and he was cleared by his physician the other day. It was just a total shocker.

I hate to say it, but the Joker is right here. We knew that Farrah was on the plate, and we didn't know about Michael. We'd more or less accepted that the lady would be taking her bows. Everyone who cared enough to know about her knew Farrah wasn't long for things.

The thing about two tragedies is, if we see one coming the immediate reflex is to do preemptive coping. Not that celebrity deaths are necessarily true tragedies, but you know what I mean.