PDA

View Full Version : Save the World - One Chicken at a Time

JSUCamel
06-28-2009, 05:05 AM
http://www.alternet.org/story/134650

I'm not gonna quote the whole thing, but it's an article about the benefits of going vegetarian.

Here's my favorite quote:

If everyone went vegetarian just for one day, the U.S. would prevent:

● Greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 1.2 million tons of CO2, as much as produced by all of France;

● 3 million tons of soil erosion and $70 million in resulting economic damages;

● 4.5 million tons of animal excrement;

● Almost 7 tons of ammonia emissions, a major air pollutant.

If everyone went vegetarian just for one day, ALL ANIMALS WOULD HOLD IT IN!

Wow, that would be cool.

GonzoTheGreat
06-28-2009, 05:18 AM
What did you think was in those McNuggets, Camel?

Anaiya Sedai
06-28-2009, 06:42 AM
ewww.

StrangePackage
06-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Doesn't animal poop make veggies grow?

Vegetarians are dumb. I try to sponsor a vegetarian with every meal- I eat more than one kind of animal. Just to undo all the karma they're accruing.

Davian93
06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Doesn't animal poop make veggies grow?

Vegetarians are dumb. I try to sponsor a vegetarian with every meal- I eat more than one kind of animal. Just to undo all the karma they're accruing.

Meat is murder...tasty, tasty murder.

Dragon Thief
06-28-2009, 03:31 PM
The Most Holy Book of Maddox (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg

Sei'taer
06-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Did you know snow owl tastes like condor? Really tasty with lemon butter...

Sinistrum
06-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Yes, I'm sure the field animals we kill whenever we clear land for farm use appreciate the vegetarian and vegan point of view on saving the cute fluffy bunnies. Bloody retards.

Frenzy
06-28-2009, 09:17 PM
but we HAVE to save the cute fluffy bunnies! Think of the insulin & lucky rabbit's foot industries!

Dragon Thief
06-28-2009, 09:24 PM
but we HAVE to save the cute fluffy bunnies! Think of the insulin & lucky rabbit's foot industries!

But that is no ordinary rabbit! That is the most foul, cruel, and ill-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

That rabbit has got a vicious streak a mile wide!

He's got huge, sharp ... he can leap about .... look at the bones!

Zanguini
06-29-2009, 09:33 AM
ive never really understood the reasoning behind humanitarian vegitarianism. now i understand healthful vegitarianism, if you go all veggie because you think it is good for you. but because you think it is wrong to kill animals, especially the whole because its natural defense, it is unnatural not to eat meat... now there is the enviromental reason which makes even less since to me, just because you even if you got everyone thinking meat is murder... you still have all these chickens running around... and since its murder you cant kill them to get rid of them ... and you cant let them roam free because they are not engineered for it anymore so that would be murder by proxy... le sigh

*note: this isnt supposed to make cents either
*edit: for brita

Brita
06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
If you replaced "since" with "sense", your paragraph will begin to make a little more sense....;)

Crispin's Crispian
06-29-2009, 11:19 AM
ive never really understood the reasoning behind humanitarian vegitarianism. now i understand healthful vegitarianism, if you go all veggie because you think it is good for you. but because you think it is wrong to kill animals, especially the whole because its natural defense, it is unnatural not to eat meat... now there is the enviromental reason which makes even less since to me, just because you even if you got everyone thinking meat is murder... you still have all these chickens running around... and since its murder you cant kill them to get rid of them ... and you cant let them roam free because they are not engineered for it anymore so that would be murder by proxy... le sigh

Since when do chickens live forever?

Brita
06-29-2009, 11:28 AM

:D

Since you've given your two cents, I can't sense whether it makes sense or not...

Nazbaque
06-29-2009, 11:56 AM
The whole meat is murder business is just so... I don't think there is a word that would do it justice.

1) So it's wrong to kill the animals and eat them, but perfectly allright to cut plants into little pieces while they are actually still alive and then eat them is okay?

2) Are they aware what those cute and innocent annimals do to one another? Have they ever seen a fight between a cat and a dog?

3) Do they honestly think the animals mind what happens to them after they die?

4) Do they realize that in order to grow all that vegetarian option food we'd have to kill a whole lot of animals, because they graze on the land we need for our corn?

I just wish those people would think beyond "They're cute, lets save them", though then wouldn't get the immense satisfaction of group turning when I yell: "Look! Shiny!"

Sinistrum
06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Since when do chickens live forever?

What do think Highlander was based off of? Chickens running around with their heads cut of.

Crispin's Crispian
06-29-2009, 02:38 PM
What do think Highlander was based off of? Chickens running around with their heads cut of.

McLeod.
McNugget.

Coincidence? I think not.

StrangePackage
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1664vegan-carnivore-keep-being-awesome.jpg