PDA

View Full Version : Me, a Youngling? I don't think so...

Sukoto
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey all,

Been a while since I visited here. So long, in fact, that my message board login was no longer valid. I had to sign up again. I notice that I am a 'Youngling' again. Any chance I could get bumped back up to 'Elder' where I was before?

Edit: BTW, my lifetime membership to theoryland.com with accompanying login was still valid, so I'm assuming there were more big changes to message boards over the past year or so? I was still regular when we first switched to Yuku...

Davian93
07-01-2009, 06:44 PM
~pulls out branch~

QUIET YOU FILTHY YOUNGLING!!!

~starts whipping Sukoto for such impertinence~

Seriously though, I would send Tam an email if I were you...or a PM.

Oh, and welcome back :)

Sukoto
07-01-2009, 06:52 PM
"PM" to me means "Project Manager." I could send Tam a Project Manager, but he'd be like "WTF? Who are you?" Not to mention the travel would be expensive.

So, what does "PM" mean on Theoryland nowadays?

Davian93
07-01-2009, 06:56 PM
"PM" to me means "Project Manager." I could send Tam a Project Manager, but he'd be like "WTF? Who are you?" Not to mention the travel would be expensive.

So, what does "PM" mean on Theoryland nowadays?

Private Message...via the Quick Links pulldown menu...are you in the Defense Industry? As PM always meant Project/Program Manager to me too.

Sukoto
07-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Private Message...via the Quick Links pulldown menu...are you in the Defense Industry? As PM always meant Project/Program Manager to me too.
I'm in the Localization Industry. We do work for the Defense Industry from time to time, however. There are Project Managers everywhere, it seems.

Terez
07-01-2009, 07:45 PM
There is a list of people in Tam's pocket who need title changes, same as you (including Neilbert who is an Ancient but has been labeled as a Youngling for months now). Be patient. ;)

So, how has married life been treating you?

Davian93
07-01-2009, 07:47 PM
There is a list of people in Tam's pocket who need title changes, same as you (including Neilbert who is an Ancient but has been labeled as a Youngling for months now). Be patient. ;)

Raisings? What are those?

Terez
07-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Raisings? What are those?
I didn't say anything about raisings - there are a list of people who have the wrong titles. But yeah, raisings too...

Sukoto
07-01-2009, 08:45 PM

Married life is great. We have a little boy. He's almost a year old now.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/81/l_647b4538b3bf4f58ad0f39cb5e2c9b5c.jpg

I think he was only about 4 months in this pic, though.

Davian93
07-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I didn't say anything about raisings - there are a list of people who have the wrong titles. But yeah, raisings too...

Yeah, I know...just tossing it out there is all. They are long long overdue at this point. Hell, we could logically be skipping some people over Elder altogether with how long they've been Younglings.

Brita
07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I know...just tossing it out there is all. They are long long overdue at this point. Hell, we could logically be skipping some people over Elder altogether with how long they've been Younglings.

~~perks up~~

Hmmm, what was that I just heard?

Terez
07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Married life is great. We have a little boy. He's almost a year old now.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/81/l_647b4538b3bf4f58ad0f39cb5e2c9b5c.jpg

I think he was only about 4 months in this pic, though.

I know he probably keeps you busy. :D Hopefully you can find some time for us when the new book comes out though...

Zanguini
07-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Ive been a younglin since oh bout aught six, though i was gone for a year

Firseal
07-02-2009, 01:05 AM
If it makes any of you feel better, I've been lurking for years and I am still a Hero.

Why, yes, now that you ask I am a blighter.

Seriously, from the snippets I know, Tam's got a lot on his plate. We get things done when he's not being chased by the gremlins of responsibility, work ethos, drama, miscalculation, and Camel. Not that Camel is a gremlin, he just sees them at it and it looks like such fun he has to get out the claws and join in.

Actually, that does look like fun. If you'll excuse me, I will just put on these claws and, ah, well, you'll never have proof of anything else so let's just say 'lurk'.

Bwahaha!

DahLliA
07-02-2009, 04:47 PM
welcome back. raisings will probably be somewhere in 2020 :p

GonzoTheGreat
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
The Wheel of Time turns, and Raisings come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Raising that gave it birth comes again.

Brita
07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Ah, I remember with fondness my naivety when I foolishly believed I would be raised to elder at the stroke of 6 months.

~~chuckles ruefully~~

And I remember the sad, but tender jests that were sent my way, gently breaking the truth to me- that raisings were but a wisp of a hope, a dangling carrot, an almost forgotten page of history.

What a bitter day. I anguished over the unwelcome news, weeping gently over the lost promise until I reached deep within. Now, almost 2 years later, I have found peace with my humble status. I am not my status. I am more that my title. I am a beloved member of a cherished community- for which no trinket of title or raising can enhance or diminish.

I am Brita.

Davian93
07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I got raised around 7 months IIRC.

Brita
07-02-2009, 06:46 PM

Shut up.

Davian93
07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Shut up.

Yes ma'am.

Terez
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I had been at theoryland.com for a year when I got raised to Elder, but I'd only been on ezboard 4 months I think. Maybe 5. Got raised to Ancient in the next raising, and I think that was 3 years ago? I have bookmarks but I'm lazy.

Nae'blis
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Tamyrlin wants to do the raising himself, so you can complain directly to him. Incorrect titles are another thing, but if you change your name, as some of you keep doing, it's basically your own fault. We can't keep track of everyone. However, if your title is simply wrong (which is not the same issue as the raising being late) Nae'blis can correct that easily enough.

Davian93
07-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Tamyrlin wants to do the raising himself, so you can complain directly to him. Incorrect titles are another thing, but if you change your name, as some of you keep doing, it's basically your own fault. We can't keep track of everyone. However, if your title is simply wrong (which is not the same issue as the raising being late) Nae'blis can correct that easily enough.

We're just kidding around mainly, Oh Great Nae'blis!

Nae'blis
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
We're just kidding around mainly, Oh Great Nae'blis!

That's fine, but if people tell us, we can still correct their titles. It's easy enough to do. Send us a PM.

Sarevok
07-03-2009, 02:25 AM
Hmm, there was a raising when I was here for about a month. iirc PD and Naz (and a bunch of others) were raised to Elders. I had to wait about a year to become elder. I think that's 3 years ago now... WOW.. I've been here that long? Can't be... *goes check yuku*
It appears I joined in 2006, so I guess I was raised to Elder 2 years ago.
I actually remember Tam remarking at me in chat:
"Wow, you could be an ancient or even a hero by the time the next book comes out!"

Anaiya Sedai
07-03-2009, 04:04 AM
at christmas I would have been here for 3 years.. :eek:

and I remember the raising when you got raised, sare.. and I was told I'd be in with the next lot. which, somehow, never happened.......... :rolleyes:

GonzoTheGreat
07-03-2009, 04:16 AM
I've been here almost* ten years now, and I have been raised once.

* With a hiatus as a result of some disagreements where other people were wrong but I decided not to press the issue in the interests of the board as a whole.

Terez
07-03-2009, 04:38 AM
That argument sounds familiar...

GonzoTheGreat
07-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Some people may have heard the story before. Perhaps some even remember it. :p

Neilbert
07-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Tamyrlin wants to do the raising himself, so you can complain directly to him.

I'll get around to it... someday.

E: Or terez will do it for me?

Ozymandias
07-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Ah, I remember with fondness my naivety when I foolishly believed I would be raised to elder at the stroke of 6 months.

~~chuckles ruefully~~

And I remember the sad, but tender jests that were sent my way, gently breaking the truth to me- that raisings were but a wisp of a hope, a dangling carrot, an almost forgotten page of history.

What a bitter day. I anguished over the unwelcome news, weeping gently over the lost promise until I reached deep within. Now, almost 2 years later, I have found peace with my humble status. I am not my status. I am more that my title. I am a beloved member of a cherished community- for which no trinket of title or raising can enhance or diminish.

I am Brita.

Took me a couple years too, Brits. Strikingly, going from Elder to Ancient happened right quick, but the first one is tough.

Brita
07-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Took me a couple years too, Brits. Strikingly, going from Elder to Ancient happened right quick, but the first one is tough.

Is that a mis-type, or did you just give me an affectionate nickname?

Davian93
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Is that a mis-type, or did you just give me an affectionate nickname?

Hmm...'Brits"...it does kinda work as a nickname, doesn't it?

From now on Brita shall be known affectionately as "Brits".

Pronounced "Breets" like Beets, Keats, Tweets, or Sweets...

JSUCamel
07-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Hmm...'Brits"...it does kinda work as a nickname, doesn't it?

From now on Brita shall be known affectionately as "Brits".

Pronounced "Breets" like Beets, Keats, Tweets, or Sweets...

Not "Brits" like tits and bits?

DeiwosTheSkyGod
07-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Nope, definitely "Breets," like "teats."

Birgitte
07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Not "Brits" like tits and bits?

~giggles~

Shouldn't we leave it up to her how she wants it pronounced?

tworiverswoman
07-05-2009, 12:17 AM
~giggles~

Shouldn't we leave it up to her how she wants it pronounced?But you know some "geet" will mis-pronounce it just to be contrary...

Raisings... My god, it's been a long time.

We need a chat room again, too -- so Firseal can return to his regularly unscheduled drive-by DOOMings. He tried to do one in Skype the other day, but it was just pitiful...

DahLliA
07-05-2009, 09:15 AM
yeah. wtb a chatroom back. now that I got 2 screens I might actually do more than say "hi" and then forget about it :p

Sodas
07-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Seek not to be raised.

Rather, be worthy of being raised.

And Firseal, I thought you were a conservative! By nature you should oppose any change to the status quo. You should be estatic your status stayed the same!

GonzoTheGreat
07-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Seek for the Raising that was broken;
In Imladris it dwells;
There shall councils be taken;
Stronger than Hamster-spells.
There shall be shown a token
That doom is near at hand,
For Chat's Bane shall waken,
And the Youngling forth shall stand.

Sarevok
07-06-2009, 06:26 AM
For Chat's Bane shall waken,
Bane will come to chat? We'll need a chat first... :(

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Uh... Firseal was the leader of the Youngling Army.

Zanguini
07-06-2009, 08:32 AM
But you know some "geet" will mis-pronounce it just to be contrary...

Raisings... My god, it's been a long time.

We need a chat room again, too -- so Firseal can return to his regularly unscheduled drive-by DOOMings. He tried to do one in Skype the other day, but it was just pitiful...

I mis... pronounce, spell, read, punctuate, and hear things just to be contrary.

I generally fell underappreciated for my efforts, he should at least raise me seeings how i allowed him to win that poker tourney at jordancon

Brita
07-06-2009, 05:25 PM
~giggles~

Shouldn't we leave it up to her how she wants it pronounced?

There is no right answer here, is there? I am painted into a corner. I guess to maintain consistency it will be Breets, like teats..... Sigh.