PDA

View Full Version : Megan Fox- cute but a little high maintenance, non?

Brita
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Megan Fox's tattoo ultimatum
'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' star Megan Fox insists prospective boyfriends have her face or name tattooed on their bodies.

Megan Fox makes her boyfriends get a tattoo of her face.

The 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' star loves body art, and insists prospective lovers have an inking before she will consider getting serious with them.

The 23-year-old said: "I have eight tattoos. All my boyfriends are required to have one and if they don't have one yet, I make them get a tattoo of my name or my face."

(Wow, talk about a diva! I wonder if she gets tattoos of all her boyfriends? Just wondering.)

Megan - who recently reunited with her on/off boyfriend Brian Austin Green - also revealed she doesn't "understand" 'Transformers', even though she has starred in both films.

She explained to TV programme 'The Early Show': "I usually don't watch things that I do because I'm very neurotic about it and I can't sit through it. But I had to watch this one because everyone was saying 'Megan, it's really good, you have to watch it.'

"It's massive. I don't know how people can see it on IMAX without having a brain aneurism or at least a migraine headache. I'm in the movie and I read the script and I still don't know what's happening so I think if you haven't read the script and you see it and you understand it you are a genius."

Don't you kind of have to know what is happening in the movie to actually act out your role? Or am I just incredibly out of touch with how acting works? Camel- any comments?

Gilshalos Sedai
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
No, you don't have to know.

And I doubt very seriously the tattoo thing is for real.

And my god, she's a ditz.

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah but most guys aren't interested in listening to her talk. :p

Gilshalos Sedai
07-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Well, I've lost any respect for Brian Austin Green T:SCC gave me if he actually DID get a tat of her face and puts up with her brainlessness.

GonzoTheGreat
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh my, I want to hear a debate between her and Britney Spears. A suitable topic might be "the existence of reality".
I'm not sure I could stand listening to more than a minute of it, though.

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Don't you kind of have to know what is happening in the movie to actually act out your role? Or am I just incredibly out of touch with how acting works? Camel- any comments?

To be perfectly honest, she was probably confused because she went in looking for something like, I don't know, a plot, or humor, or even believable action scenes... and it wasn't there.

Revenge of the Fallen does a massive disservice to Transformers. We've had a great run of comic-book movies; Batman reboot, Superman, even the Spiderman movies were palatable.

But this... this was heinous. In every way. Michael Bay is the worst director in history. You watch his movie, and you see that its like he asked 100 writers to write a script, and then took the most action-packed, nonsensical sequence out of each of them, threw them together, threw in some completely discordant moments of humor, and hoped everyone would be too distracted by the shinies to notice he basically squatted over a pile of Transformers comics and took a huge dump on them. And then put it in a brown paper bag, lit it on fire, and left it at the collective doorstep of his viewers.

I can't even get over how bad it was. Firstly, Megatron is a complete weakling. Secondly... wtf is up with this random "Prime" legend? Starscream was gay. As a UPenn student, let me tell you I was laughing OUT LOUD in the theater during the "college" scenes (it was filmed in a Penn dorm/Delta Upsilon frat house). And the roommate? The guy who had no clear role in the film except manic comic relief? He wasn't even remotely funny, and I spent the entire film waiting for him to do some big thing to justify his presence, and in the end... nothing. He's a whiney, priveleged kid who gets dragged across the film like a bucket of decaying animal carcasses, rotting and ruining everyone's good time with no real purpose, character, or anything.

I actually thought Megan Fox turned in by FAR the best performance. Shia LeBouf is who he is; a kid actor who should never have left the Disney Channel. I cut him some slack after Indiana Jones, because I figured that character was so poorly written that Sir Laurence Olivier couldn't have redeemed it. But he's Spike freakin Witwicky! He's the lead! And he butchered it... his role had no depth, no real emotion, except as... you guessed it! A whiner who has some strange aversion to saying "I love you" and wants to be a "normal kid."

And what was up with that? Not saying I love you? I mean, lets see... he faced death, torture, and extreme mutilation on at least 50 occasions throughout the film. And because of a bunch of defunct machines told him to say it (basically) he finally says it? I'm sorry, when Megatron was about to rip your skull open and take your brain out, that wasn't the proper time? Or how about after you watch FUCKING OPTIMUS PRIME DIE! Not feeling emotional enough then? Jesus Christ.

Speaking of which, I won't even get into the historical and geographic inaccuracies of walking from the Pyramids at Giza, in Egypt, to Petra in Jordan, in just a few hours. Yo, it took Moses about 40 fucking years to do that, Michael Bay. Thats right, Moses. And if you think you and your perverted star actor who likes to watch his parents get it on are about to one-up Moses in the "lets walk a long way" competition, you are SO wrong.

Plus, the US Navy had a rail gun capable of hurting the Decepticons all along? So they waited until the last freakin minute to shoot? And then Optimus Prime who comes back to life when some inorganic dust magically reconstitutes itself, and proceeds to defeat Megatron with a single shot, and the Fallen (what a gay name) with one shot too? This is like the ultimate badguy in the universe! Mr Bay, are you honestly telling me that the best villain you can come up with is a.) named "the Fallen" and b.) despite having the power to either manipulate magentic fields, or gravity, with his staff, can't stop Optimus Prime from destroying him and his superweapon with ONE shot?

Wow... gonna calm down now, but I don't think there was one SECOND of that film I enjoyed, except those with Megan Fox half-nudity. But, on the original topic, I'll repeat that she was by far the best actor in the movie.

Brita
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
ROTFLMAO!

Why do I have the feeling you had that pent up, just waiting for the moment to release it? That was so enjoyable to read :)

Well, that might explain her comments then. Instead of being a ditz, she may actually be quite clever. Saying the tatto thing because she is jibing the public for believeing any little thing, no matter how absurd. And not understanding Transformers because it actually was completely fragmented and non-sensical.

Hmmm...

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Well, that might explain her comments then. Instead of being a ditz, she may actually be quite clever. Saying the tatto thing because she is jibing the public for believeing any little thing, no matter how absurd. And not understanding Transformers because it actually was completely fragmented and non-sensical.

I won't speak to the tattoo comment except to say that if I was that unbelievably good looking I'd probably ask potential boyfriends to tattoo "Property of Megan Fox" on a very specific spot. And whats worse is she probably gets away with it, often.

And I consider myself at least literate, and I can't understand the Transformers movie, so I don't blame her one bit.

And that rant was like the tiniest portion of my hatred and disgust expressed. I could go on at length, not that little snippet. For example, the sheer effrontery of putting in a couple of jive-talking, illiterate robots who do no fighting, achieve nothing, and whose only contribution of note in the film is to say "I can't read, but we're super smart and know someone who can." Oh, and to be shameless product placement for GM, can't forget that. I mean, I've read movie critics who have legitimately said they've never seen nor expected to see such racist caricatures in mainstream media. I mean, when Bay was thinking about including those characters, how dare he say that kids will relate to a couple of obnoxious, stupid robots who talk the most mutilated, ghetto-ized version of English possible? I mean, in addition to insulting us with such a poor film, he has to come out and OPENLY SAY he thinks kids today are stupid illiterate fools?

Or how about the fact that a Decepticon, literally defined as vicious killer robots bent on Universal dominion, is defeated and captured by a skinny chick whose only redeeming character features are sitting halfway up her chest? And to be honest, they're perky, full, and gorgeous personality traits, but somehow I find it hard to believe having a bodacious set of knockers trumps advanced alien weaponry and the ability to transform into all sorts of sweet things.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I understood it. What there was of it. I went because a) Bryan loves The Transformers, b) I love HIM. I came out of there with the same opinion as I did of the last one. "Meh. It was giant robots beating up other giant robots, how complex should it really be?"

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I understood it. What there was of it. I went because a) Bryan loves The Transformers, b) I love HIM. I came out of there with the same opinion as I did of the last one. "Meh. It was giant robots beating up other giant robots, how complex should it really be?"

Transformers is an epic space opera of heroism, betrayal, and sacrifice. Its two groups of giant robots with conflicting visions of how to save a dying homeworld. Robots with feelings and emotions who traverse the galaxy in the hopes of rejuvenating the fortunes of their species, of bitter enmities entwined with connections and brotherhood so deep that despite millions of years of conflict, Optimus Prime and Megatron can come together to fight for the planet and people they care so deeply for.

How dare you, Miss. How dare you.

EDIT: Just to point out... Michael Bay ruined that and turned it into a bunch of stupid metal things that spout meaningless cliched frivolities at each other and hack at each other with fists, swords, and occasionally guns.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
07-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Shia Whathisname's mom was really funny in that movie.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe I was too old, but I thought the concept was kinda lame even back then. I only knew about them because my sisters were fans.

How dare you, Miss. How dare you.

:P

Ishara
07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
This (below) is a rather common accounting of his personality. I feel sorry her personally.

Is this a man?

Debatable.
His name is Brian Austin Green. You know him better as David Silver. He spent most of the 90s making out with Tori Spelling…remember him?
Oh yeah…him.
Brian Austin Green is engaged to Megan Fox, a man in his 30s desperately hanging on to his young break out girl who is trying to cope with outgrowing him. So, like a whiny little bitch, Brian opted not to attend the Golden Globes the other night with his prize.
As she told the emaciated Giuliana Rancic on the red carpet that night:
"Brian doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to be my date. He's a man. He has an ego. I think he's probably working on music. I don't think he cares."
Oh honey…
Is that what he told you? Is that how he holds you? Is that how he controls you?
Through guilt?
Because you spent the entire time feeling it, didn’t you? Feeling badly that he didn’t come, feeling upset because he was upset, unable to enjoy your first Golden Globes.
It’s textbook manipulation.
And for a girl who claims to have such progressive views on female imagery in Hollywood, on women and sex, it’s also really pathetic. Because in explaining his absence by justifying his “manhood” she has actually upheld the most traditional, most man-centric perspectives: that a man is less of a man if he’s not the primary focus. That a man should always be #1. That a man should never accept NOT being #1.
Way to go Megan. How very enlightened of you.
Brian Austin Green attended the Fox TV Winter Party last night in LA. Megan was told to stay home and keep the bed warm.

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 01:27 PM
unable to enjoy your first Golden Globes.

I'm guessing he enjoys her Golden Globes every night. Maybe two or three times, some nights. I know I would

I don't blame him for needing a break once in a while.

Crispin's Crispian
07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm guessing he enjoys her Golden Globes every night. Maybe two or three times, some nights. I know I would

I don't blame him for needing a break once in a while.
So you're saying do support her efforts to change the oversexualized imagery of women in the entertainment industry?

;)

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey Ozy looky here.

http://thehotmag.com/images/articles/2008/megan-fox-fhm-hottest-woman_b.jpg

Hopefully this will distract him long enough to stop ranting. :p

Brita
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Is it the fact that her pale blue eyes make her look like a zyborg zombie in a hot body that makes all the guys drool?

Don't get me wrong, she is gorgeous, but the are hundreds of gorgeous women in Hollywood, why is she the one right now? I truly am curious.

Belazamon
07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I understood it. What there was of it.
Really? I might have to dig up my list of questions, then. ;)

I'm not as... vehement... about it as Ozy, but I definitely thought it was pretty bad. Not Ghosts of Mars bad, but pretty bad. And once you get out of the theater and actually think about what just happened, it really doesn't make a lick of sense.

I guess I just can't do "mindless."

Don't get me wrong, she is gorgeous, but the are hundreds of gorgeous women in Hollywood, why is she the one right now? I truly am curious.
Couldn't tell you. She's cute and all, but I dunno what all the fuss is about.

JSUCamel
07-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Agreed. She's hot, but I don't see what's so special. I feel the same way about Angelina Jolie. She's pretty, but I don't drool over her like everyone else. I just don't get it.

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 03:00 PM

She's gorgeous. She doesn't have to be the MOST gorgeous for me to drool over her

Brita
07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm always curious as to what makes one star rise above the rest in terms of such a subjective criteria as sex appeal. Farrah Fawcett did it in her day. Why did all the guys go gaga over her in particular?

I wonder the same thing about male stars. Is there a certain set of criteria that rockets their appeal above all others?

I'm starting to sound like Sheldon.

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I know for me, she tends to fall straight in line with the kind of girl I'm typically attracted too. Its the whole suicide girl/damsel in distress thing. Yes I know have a white knight complex, yes I know those phrases are just code words for crazy, and yes I know that relationships with those kind of girls never end well. Its something I've become increasingly aware of in my dating preferences and consequently now avoid. But it doesn't mean its still not sexy as all hell to me.

Davian93
07-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm always curious as to what makes one star rise above the rest in terms of such a subjective criteria as sex appeal. Farrah Fawcett did it in her day. Why did all the guys go gaga over her in particular?

I wonder the same thing about male stars. Is there a certain set of criteria that rockets their appeal above all others?

I'm starting to sound like Sheldon.

With Megan Fox, I just don't see it. The fact that she's a moron doesn't help...and all the tattoos and plastic surgery she's had don't either.

StrangePackage
07-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Where does she fall on the Vicky Mendoza line? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uaTY9BdhXF8/RyFVKI3QIcI/AAAAAAAAACc/7DiGYNdEgVs/s320/barney+crazy-hot.jpg

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Where does she fall on the Vicky Mendoza line? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uaTY9BdhXF8/RyFVKI3QIcI/AAAAAAAAACc/7DiGYNdEgVs/s320/barney+crazy-hot.jpg

Sometimes its just an air about them. Megan Fox has that stupid but pretentious air, coupled with her unbelievable hotness, that gets me riled up.

I know that makes no sense. But she walks and talks like she's the whole package, when she's really a pretty face, and somehow the misplaced arrogance and confidence is sexy. Not attractive or appealing... sexy.

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
She's the kind of girl you leave at this street corner after you're done with her.

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/banger.jpe

Terez
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Hence the tattoo requirement!

Seriously...she's dating Brian Austin Green? He was the only guy on 90210 that WASN'T hot!

Davian93
07-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Hence the tattoo requirement!

Seriously...she's dating Brian Austin Green? He was the only guy on 90210 that WASN'T hot!

But he was a rapper...a WHITE rapper...

http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/2008/06/brian-austin-green-90210-days.jpg

Terez
07-02-2009, 04:04 PM
That just makes him super-sad, because he became his 90210 character in real life.

Yellowbeard
07-02-2009, 04:07 PM
somebody mentioned they were surprised at the US Navy having a railgun...

i have a buddy that works at a navy weapons research lab. they do indeed have a working, experimental railgun. it's apparently louder than any kind of traditional propellant powered gun (cordite, gun powder, black powder, etc.).

sorry for the t/j.

megan fox = SUPER HOT!! however, it's also a shame. you can see "child sex abuse victim" practically tattoo'd on her forehead.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah... he had limited coolness as Derek Reese, then they shot him, because he found something better.

Too bad, I liked the character, just not the actor.

John Snow
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow! And I was kinda embarassed when my sister told me she's doing a movie with Wes Craven.....there's some dislike of Michael Bay, there, eh.

Yellowbeard
07-02-2009, 04:20 PM
expecting an oscar winning story line from the nitwit that brought us "pearl harbor" when he decides to make a movie about giant, alien robots fighting on earth is like expecting to be dry after jumping in a big pool of water.

haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to seeing it. loved the first one...mainly for the action scenes. doesn't have to make sense to be entertaining to us dudes!

irerancincpkc
07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Honestly, I'd get a tattoo of anything for her... :D

DahLliA
07-02-2009, 04:42 PM
okay. about Megan Fox: she's damn hot. and she hangs around with Optimus Prime. that's why she's so popular

about transformers 2: it's got transformers. it's got explosions. it's got megan fox. that's why it's made of win and awesome.

I don't care about plot and story in movies like that. that's why I have so much fun watching them I guess(even though I agree the room-mate guy should have been shot:p)

just for fun:

To be perfectly honest, she was probably confused because she went in looking for something like, I don't know, a plot, or humor, or even believable action scenes... and it wasn't there.

I disagree about the action scenes. and don't care about the rest(as per my comment above)

Revenge of the Fallen does a massive disservice to Transformers. We've had a great run of comic-book movies; Batman reboot, Superman, even the Spiderman movies were palatable.

tbh I like transformers better than superman

But this... this was heinous. In every way. Michael Bay is the worst director in history. You watch his movie, and you see that its like he asked 100 writers to write a script, and then took the most action-packed, nonsensical sequence out of each of them, threw them together, threw in some completely discordant moments of humor, and hoped everyone would be too distracted by the shinies to notice he basically squatted over a pile of Transformers comics and took a huge dump on them. And then put it in a brown paper bag, lit it on fire, and left it at the collective doorstep of his viewers.

in 80 issues of the original comics Optimus died 1000 times and Megatron 100. they always came back. the lines are most of the fun because they're so stupid. they constantly add transformers without explanation. now I love the comics. just pointing out they're not exactly literary masterpieces :p

can't even get over how bad it was. Firstly, Megatron is a complete weakling

in the comics I don't think he has one single plan that works out. and if it does a couple of humans and some random weak autobot fix it all in a matter of hours(I agree he should have been more bad-ass like in the first movie though)

Secondly... wtf is up with this random "Prime" legend?

it's in most of the comics. look at the matrix-quest(no, not the movies, but Transformers issue 62-66). the matrix says: we are primus, we are prima, we are prime nova, we are sentinel prime, we are optimus prime. plus the creation legend of the transformers(the 13 "first-born" of Cybertron(Primus)). so there are basis for the "prime" legend as you call it.

Starscream was gay.

he always were :p

As a UPenn student, let me tell you I was laughing OUT LOUD in the theater during the "college" scenes (it was filmed in a Penn dorm/Delta Upsilon frat house). And the roommate? The guy who had no clear role in the film except manic comic relief? He wasn't even remotely funny, and I spent the entire film waiting for him to do some big thing to justify his presence, and in the end... nothing. He's a whiney, priveleged kid who gets dragged across the film like a bucket of decaying animal carcasses, rotting and ruining everyone's good time with no real purpose, character, or anything.

agree there

I actually thought Megan Fox turned in by FAR the best performance. Shia LeBouf is who he is; a kid actor who should never have left the Disney Channel. I cut him some slack after Indiana Jones, because I figured that character was so poorly written that Sir Laurence Olivier couldn't have redeemed it. But he's Spike freakin Witwicky! He's the lead! And he butchered it... his role had no depth, no real emotion, except as... you guessed it! A whiner who has some strange aversion to saying "I love you" and wants to be a "normal kid."

again. why do we need so much depth in what is obviously 2.20 hours of "turn-off-your-brain-and-enjoy"-movie?

And what was up with that? Not saying I love you? I mean, lets see... he faced death, torture, and extreme mutilation on at least 50 occasions throughout the film. And because of a bunch of defunct machines told him to say it (basically) he finally says it? I'm sorry, when Megatron was about to rip your skull open and take your brain out, that wasn't the proper time? Or how about after you watch FUCKING OPTIMUS PRIME DIE! Not feeling emotional enough then? Jesus Christ.

real men hide their emotions :o

Speaking of which, I won't even get into the historical and geographic inaccuracies of walking from the Pyramids at Giza, in Egypt, to Petra in Jordan, in just a few hours. Yo, it took Moses about 40 fucking years to do that, Michael Bay. Thats right, Moses. And if you think you and your perverted star actor who likes to watch his parents get it on are about to one-up Moses in the "lets walk a long way" competition, you are SO wrong.

again. why care? it's just mindless fun.

Plus, the US Navy had a rail gun capable of hurting the Decepticons all along? So they waited until the last freakin minute to shoot?

it was classified. can't let the world know they got something like that :p

And then Optimus Prime who comes back to life when some inorganic dust magically reconstitutes itself, and proceeds to defeat Megatron with a single shot, and the Fallen (what a gay name) with one shot too?

it's Optimus Prime. with Jetfire's power core and whatever else Optimus stuck on his shoulders. Optimus Prime is the man. Optimus + Jetfire is a rival to Chuck Norris.

This is like the ultimate badguy in the universe! Mr Bay, are you honestly telling me that the best villain you can come up with is a.) named "the Fallen" and b.) despite having the power to either manipulate magentic fields, or gravity, with his staff, can't stop Optimus Prime from destroying him and his superweapon with ONE shot?

a) the fallen is taken directly from the transformer creation legend(can't remember what the proper name was). he is the 13th original transformer who turned to evil.

b) see my answer to the previous quote

Wow... gonna calm down now, but I don't think there was one SECOND of that film I enjoyed, except those with Megan Fox half-nudity. But, on the original topic, I'll repeat that she was by far the best actor in the movie.

I enjoyed all of it minus the stupid room-mate scenes.

now sorry for ripping your post apart like this. it wasn't to yank your chain or anything. but it is pretty much the perfect opposite to my opinion so I felt it was the best way I could get my thoughts out :)

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 04:49 PM
The movie needed a fight between the Dinobots and Devastator instead of the stupid Twins (aka the Jar Jar Binks of Transformers).

DahLliA
07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
The movie needed a fight between the Dinobots and Devastator instead of the stupid Twins (aka the Jar Jar Binks of Transformers).

they planned to add the dinobots. but couldn't find any reasonable explanation why they would be there at that time(now that's irony for you :p )

Terez
07-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Holy fuck Dahl I think that is the longest post I've ever seen you make. Have rep.

DahLliA
07-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Holy fuck Dahl I think that is the longest post I've ever seen you make. Have rep.

lol. thanks. I'm usually horrible at expressing my opinion so I tend to make it as short as possible. but thanks to ozy I managed to get some length to it :p

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I want Grimlock! :mad:

Terez
07-02-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm usually horrible at expressing my opinion
Most people suck at it in one way or another - you should do it anyway. :p People who lurk and read all the time but don't post much make me nervous. Reminds me of this one guy at the Malazan forums:

User name: something

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
lol. thanks. I'm usually horrible at expressing my opinion so I tend to make it as short as possible. but thanks to ozy I managed to get some length to it :p

Dahlia, I'm sorry, but your entire post just said, "we shouldn't expect anything better out of Michael Bay because all he does is make crappy movies where the only way to enjoy is to turn your brain off."

I don't subscribe to that. I think movies can be judged against some objective standard of excellence. The Dark Knight was action packed and was a GREAT movie.

This isn't a "lets turn our brains off and enjoy." It was a "we HAVE to turn our brains off to enjoy." And quite frankly, I don't think a movie that requires you to stop thinking about plot or a small shred of realism is worth watching. Good directors and good actors prove time and time again that action movies can be good. That they can have a plot that consists of more than the same characters reappearing in fight scenes until one dies and the other declares some sort of nebulous victory.

You shouldn't have to make yourself dumb and lower your expectations to like a movie. I'm an intelligent person who can follow a plot, and so are most people. Its downright insulting to the franchise and to the audience when you get a steaming pile of shit like this shoved in your face. Turning my brain off is not an explanation, its an excuse. You recognized going in the movie sucked. You compensated by completing removing any part of your mind that might begin to be analytical or critical. Thats the hallmark of a shitty movie, not a genre

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Gee thanks Dahlia, now I'm going to have to post another picture of Megan Fox to get him off track again.

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/photos/Megan-Fox-naked-GQ%201.jpg

Mort
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM

Several reasons:

1. She has reached critical mass hotness.
2. She is new to us (important!)
3. Nice camera angles having her sweating in small outfit.

1 and 2 are absolutley crucial for this hysteria. Number three takes it that extra mile you never thought possible and there are talks on a hotness conference about adding a number 4 to the list: "Starring in movie that lots of guys watch". That's for the wide spread.

Brita
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
LOL! Thanks Mort, very logical explanation :)

Sometimes its just an air about them. Megan Fox has that stupid but pretentious air, coupled with her unbelievable hotness, that gets me riled up.

I know that makes no sense. But she walks and talks like she's the whole package, when she's really a pretty face, and somehow the misplaced arrogance and confidence is sexy. Not attractive or appealing... sexy.

Ya, I can get that. I guess my well placed arrogance doesn't do it for you then.

DahLliA
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Ozy: guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then :p

I mean. I can enjoy great movies with good plots and brilliant actors. but I also enjoy movies where I can just laugh for a couple of hours. either because they're funny or because they're so bad they turn funny :p

basically movies are an escape from reality for me so I'd rather have them be as far from reality and not have to actually think too much for that 1,5 hours.

on the other hand I think many people get disappointed in movies because they have to high expectations. for example when I sat down to watch transformers I basically expected 3 things. big robots, explosions and a hot chick. if it would have had a great story and a waterproof plot I would have been pleasently surprised. but I still ended up liking it.

but yeah. this all comes down to personal preference.

EDIT: just to save Sini the trouble

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/a_megan-fox11238345743.png

Crispin's Crispian
07-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I think I can see her ribs in that pic. That's a turnoff.

JSUCamel
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2nsmh09.gif

I win at life.

Sinistrum
07-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Giggity.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't swing that way, but if I did, I think I'd be all about her.

Brita
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't swing that way, but if I did, I think I'd be all about her.

Well there you have it. There is definitely a certain "je ne sais quoi" about Megan Fox.

Terez
07-02-2009, 10:53 PM
I have an also-not-swinging-that-way guyfriend on Facebook who says the same thing in his status messages on a fairly regular basis.

Actually, that's a lie - he's outright said he wants to eat her, which is going a bit further than Dewie went.

AbbeyRoad
07-02-2009, 11:03 PM
She was hotter in the first movie. But yeah, absolutely breathtaking. Something about her eyes especially, the startling blue eyes with really dark hair is a striking combination. Plus her face is absolutely gorgeous. Even if her body wasn't the greatest, she'd be a knockout.

As far as the movie is concerned, there is a difference between shutting off your brain and applying the rule of cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool), and completely insulting the viewer's intelligence. And this movie, with its gaping plot holes, crude and tasteless sex humor (which would only be funny to a 12-year old boy), unabashed and unnecessary criticisms of the Obama regime which seemed very out of place in sci-fi film, and especially the racist stereotypes (which, as an educated young black medical student, was beyond appalling, especially in such a large young audience like the Transformers series attracts) definitely crossed over the reasonable suspension of reality required to enjoy two-story tall robots fighting each other into an insult to the intelligence of the American populace. I could almost think the movie was a satire of the big-budget genre, that is if anyone other than Michael Bay had directed it.

Davian93
07-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Most of her face, hair, eyelashes, etc is bought and paid for so they did a decent job. I'm personally not a huge fan of plastic surgery, hair extensions (hers are dirty and nasty), fake lashes and a ton of makeup to cover up her acne (which is quite extensive if you ever see a non-touched up less makeup photo of her).

Belazamon
07-02-2009, 11:52 PM
in 80 issues of the original comics Optimus died 1000 times and Megatron 100.
In the original Marvel G1 series, Megatron was presumed dead twice, but returned both times - then was presumed to have died at the end. Prime really died twice and came back twice.

Then Generation 2 came out, and we found out that Megatron hadn't died after all. Prime died again at the end, but was "reborn" in the same issue. So, final count: Prime dead three times, Megs none. :D

in the comics I don't think he has one single plan that works out. and if it does a couple of humans and some random weak autobot fix it all in a matter of hours(I agree he should have been more bad-ass like in the first movie though)
Megatron's plans might not work out, but it's never due to a lack of badassery. And he is never, never someone else's bitch. Even when it's really stupid to fight back, he goes ahead and does it anyway.

a) the fallen is taken directly from the transformer creation legend(can't remember what the proper name was). he is the 13th original transformer who turned to evil.
To be fair, he's taken from a Transformer creation legend - namely, the Dreamwave universe. He's only six or seven years old.

Getting me started on Transformers is a slippery slope. ;)

Frenzy
07-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Michael Bay: who knew someone would come along and suck worse than Joel Schumacher. Maybe the two of them can collaborate on a Robotech movie and completely murder another childhood favorite of mine.

They could have Megan Fox play Minmae. She looks like an anime character anyway, what with her head being bigger than her ass.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
07-03-2009, 07:41 AM
unabashed and unnecessary criticisms of the Obama regime which seemed very out of place in sci-fi film, and especially the racist stereotypes

I don't remember any of this - when did this happen?

Brita
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Most of her face, hair, eyelashes, etc is bought and paid for so they did a decent job. I'm personally not a huge fan of plastic surgery, hair extensions (hers are dirty and nasty), fake lashes and a ton of makeup to cover up her acne (which is quite extensive if you ever see a non-touched up less makeup photo of her).

And there's the problem, right? These girls set such an unrealistic standard because they're fake and their photos are retouched to make them flawless.

BUT- the other day I passed a young med student on the stairwell. She was tall and slim, had jet black hair and striking baby-blue eyes. She was GORGEOUS! In real life! I couldn't stop staring, I'm sure she noticed, but she was stunning, it was hard not to. I don't swing that way, but if I did.... ;)

Ivhon
07-03-2009, 08:33 AM
And there's the problem, right? These girls set such an unrealistic standard because they're fake and their photos are retouched to make them flawless.

BUT- the other day I passed a young med student on the stairwell. She was tall and slim, had jet black hair and striking baby-blue eyes. She was GORGEOUS! In real life! I couldn't stop staring, I'm sure she noticed, but she was stunning, it was hard not to. I don't swing that way, but if I did.... ;)

I find cosmetic "work" on a woman to be an absolute turnoff (note difference between reconstructive and cosmetic [which is purely for vanity]) - which is one reason I dont go batty over Hollywood types. Not really even a fan of makeup, although I dont find it a turnoff unless over-used.

The best test of physical beauty for me is if a woman is beautiful in the morning before getting out of bed when the makeup is off and the hair is messed up.

Im lucky in that I start every day looking at a beautiful woman.

Mort
07-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Im lucky in that I start every day looking at a beautiful woman.

Link it/Picture it, or it didn't happen... ;)

Birgitte
07-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't remember any of this - when did this happen?

I remember noting it when it happened as a little odd, but I can't remember what it was exactly. There were a couple Obama digs when they were talking to or about that one government guy who was getting involved to in the Transformer program. And when they mentioned something about trying diplomacy with the Decepticons.

Sodas
07-03-2009, 06:12 PM
I just wanted to second the bad product placement in this movie. LG Lotus' that work in Europe? Hillarious!

I said it when the first movie came out and we had that long thread about who loved Optimus Prime ... but sorry, Transformers is lame.

And this Fox chick? Her eye's look fake. Putting those blue contacts in your eyes was very popular at my high school back in the day.

Davian93
07-03-2009, 06:38 PM
And this Fox chick? Her eye's look fake. Putting those blue contacts in your eyes was very popular at my high school back in the day.

Ironically, you are correct in that her eyes are fake from all accounts. But hey, she's a pretty drawing I suppose. Way too fake though.

DahLliA
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
and especially the racist stereotypes

I just gotta say: "wait? what?" to this. I didn't notice any racism in the movie?

In the original Marvel G1 series, Megatron was presumed dead twice, but returned both times - then was presumed to have died at the end. Prime really died twice and came back twice.

Then Generation 2 came out, and we found out that Megatron hadn't died after all. Prime died again at the end, but was "reborn" in the same issue. So, final count: Prime dead three times, Megs none. :D

yeahyeah. I was exaggerating(sp?) to make a point :p

Megatron's plans might not work out, but it's never due to a lack of badassery. And he is never, never someone else's bitch. Even when it's really stupid to fight back, he goes ahead and does it anyway.

that's a good point. he was unicron's bitch for a while though :p

To be fair, he's taken from a Transformer creation legend - namely, the Dreamwave universe. He's only six or seven years old.

my point was it wasn't something Bay pulled out of thin air

AbbeyRoad
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I just gotta say: "wait? what?" to this. I didn't notice any racism in the movie?

lol you didn't notice the ghetto 'from da hood' robots (one with a gold tooth) that were complete racial caricatures of two uneducated black guys? They spoke jive the whole movie and had lines like "we don't read good."

movieblog.ugo.com and theweek.com, along with countless other critics including Roger Ebert certainly noticed.

Mudflap and Skidz - the aforementioned “from da hood” Autobots with gold teeth, poor grammar, the inability to read (or speak with inside voices) and, final sigh, actual simian features. The voice work (by Spongebob Squarepants’ Tom Kenny) is more of the Howard Stern/Amos & Andy style as opposed to the Chris Rock “daaaaaamn!” variety.

"A pair of jive-talking 'bots" in the new sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen have critics up in arms, said AP writer Sandy Cohen in Yahoo! News. Twin robots named Skids and Mudflap, "disguised as compact Chevys, constantly brawl and bicker in rap-inspired street slang. They're forced to acknowledge that they can't read. One has a gold tooth." (watch the trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)

It's hard to view Mudflap and Skids as anything but racist, said Ty Burr in The Boston Globe. They are "shuck-and-jive Autobots who talk in ridiculous gangsta-speak." And they're also "Jar Jar Binks times two and the first known example of robot blackface," not to mention "insultingly unfunny comic relief."

From some more sources:

This, in fact, is his justification for the racial-stereotype-bots. Great. In the bargain, he’s giving children black comic-relief robots that sound like Jimmy Walker on an off day and are portrayed as illiterate (“Uh, we don’t do much readin’”). The world was crying out for this, I’m sure.

... and a couple of robots with dialogue so stereotypically racist that I was shocked any actor of color willingly agreed to read them.

Terez
07-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Dahl probably didn't notice because he's Norwegian. All dumb Americans look the same to him.

Uno
07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Never seen this movie, but while racial stereotypes may, perhaps, appear in artworks without any malicious intent, when robots are racialized, I'm rather inclined to suspect some degree of mischief.

DahLliA
07-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Dahl probably didn't notice because he's Norwegian. All dumb Americans look the same to him.

yeah. that's probably it :p

never occured to me that they were aimed specifically at black people :p

Sodas
07-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Ironically, you are correct in that her eyes are fake from all accounts. But hey, she's a pretty drawing I suppose. Way too fake though.

Ironically, when talking about this at work today, one of my co-workers claims to be friends with her for the last 3 years.

Ivhon
07-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Ironically, when talking about this at work today, one of my co-workers claims to be friends with her for the last 3 years.

Pics of the tattoo or it never happened.

Brita
07-05-2009, 05:53 PM

LOL! Now any guy can just get a tattoo of Megan Fox's face, and then claim to have dated her.

Ozymandias
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Never seen this movie, but while racial stereotypes may, perhaps, appear in artworks without any malicious intent, when robots are racialized, I'm rather inclined to suspect some degree of mischief.

Michael Bay thought kids would relate to them. Which is another example of what a huge fucking douchebag he is. Not only is he such a scumbag that he's willing to employ racism in order to "connect" with kids, thus demonstrating the continuing principle that he thinks a movie is made by dumping lots of elements that are in good movies in one script, without any plot, depth, or overall cohesion, but he has the infernal charlantary to be WRONG. If he had come out and had at least funny racist characters, it might be a little different. But, as usuall, he managed the worst of both worlds in being racist and downright dull.

He thought kids, being dumb racists, would respond positively to dumb racist caricatures. Strike one is the assumption, on his part, that all American kids are both racist and stupid. The second mistake was that not only did he fail, but as usual he failed in the most spectacular and shocking obscene manner possible. ALl the random junk in his script blew up in his face. Which is an interesting macrocosm for his movies as a whole, in which little happens except random things blowing up, and a lack of depth, continuity, or focus so palpable it actual becomes a part of the story for the audience.

Three, he got caught.

Davian93
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Michael Bay thought kids would relate to them. Which is another example of what a huge fucking douchebag he is. Not only is he such a scumbag that he's willing to employ racism in order to "connect" with kids, thus demonstrating the continuing principle that he thinks a movie is made by dumping lots of elements that are in good movies in one script, without any plot, depth, or overall cohesion, but he has the infernal charlantary to be WRONG. If he had come out and had at least funny racist characters, it might be a little different. But, as usuall, he managed the worst of both worlds in being racist and downright dull.

He thought kids, being dumb racists, would respond positively to dumb racist caricatures. Strike one is the assumption, on his part, that all American kids are both racist and stupid. The second mistake was that not only did he fail, but as usual he failed in the most spectacular and shocking obscene manner possible. ALl the random junk in his script blew up in his face. Which is an interesting macrocosm for his movies as a whole, in which little happens except random things blowing up, and a lack of depth, continuity, or focus so palpable it actual becomes a part of the story for the audience.

Three, he got caught.

F#*#ing Honky.

Frenzy
07-06-2009, 01:26 AM
silly Michael Bay. don't you know you have to be as awesome as Mel Brooks or as rich & successful as George Lucas to get away with negative racial stereotypes?

two street-talking robots with gold in their grillz= fail

black man combing the desert with a pick yelling out "we ain't found shit!" = win

Sodas
07-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Lol.

This co-worker is a female. She says Mrs. Fox has had just 1 boyfriend. And supposedly those eyes are real.

Do I believe my co-worker? Yah, I guess. She'd get called out like crazy if it wasn't true.

Only bad news is that Mrs. Fox is from Texas. :D

Mort
07-06-2009, 03:37 AM
...Mrs. Fox...

When did she get married?

GonzoTheGreat
07-06-2009, 04:30 AM
When did she get married?She may be married to Britney. In that case, it is quite likely that neither remembers when it happened.

Terez
07-06-2009, 05:50 AM
She may be married to Britney.
Dream on, Gonzo...

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 08:05 AM
A couple years back, she did a guest role on Two and Half Men. Doubt she could afford extensive plastic surgery at that point in her career and she looked exactly the same.

Ivhon
07-06-2009, 08:33 AM
She may be married to Britney. In that case, it is quite likely that neither remembers when it happened.

Not in Texas...

Ishara
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Gil, she's had a TON of work done.

She's just sad and trashy.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 12:33 PM
When, though?

Sinistrum
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Ishy, link that isn't a trashy celeb gossip rag or it didn't happen. :p

Yellowbeard
07-06-2009, 01:16 PM
i don't megan fox has had any work done.

why do women always have to tear each other down? what is it about smokin' hot chicks that gets regular looking women so up in arms and ready to pull her hair out...simply because she looks like she does?

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 01:42 PM
YB, I hope you're not serious. The guys started tearing her down first.

Sinistrum
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Well that's cuz they were in a rush to score brownie points with their wives and the women around here. :p

JSUCamel
07-06-2009, 01:51 PM

I always knew your reading comprehension skills sucked. Re-read the thread. You're actually the first person to "tear her down" in the second post of the thread:

And my god, she's a ditz.

Followed by Ishara writing a long post describing how horrible she is for dating Brian Austin Green, which I won't quote, since it's rather long.

This post is, in turn, followed by Brita describing her as:

her pale blue eyes make her look like a zyborg zombie

And then finally, in post #23 of the thread, Davian becomes the first male (pansy) to "tear her down" when he says:

The fact that she's a moron doesn't help...and all the tattoos and plastic surgery she's had don't either.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Ah. I forgot. Sorry, I meant looks-wise.

Yellowbeard
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
i meant looks wise sherlock. take any gorgeous woman, put her in a room w/ other women (say a bar scene), and if she's noticeably more beautiful looks wise, the rest of the women around will be talking about her behind her back, and constantly shooting eye daggers at her when she's not looking at them.

I always knew your reading comprehension skills sucked.

Too bad there's not a good way to do a post in this particular sitch that translates to when someone is complaining at you for not listening or understanding something and you respond w/ "huh?"

This actually just furthers my point in a way. Only people w/ extremely poor self esteem that feel sorry for themselves in general are so ready and waiting to throw insults at others and try to tear them down at the first opportunity.

I don't need to ask why guys tear down beautiful women. I'm a guy, I already know that. What I don't get is why women do it...

Neilbert
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Ah. I forgot. Sorry, I meant looks-wise.

Step 1: Learn to read.
Step 2: Read Davian's post (I'm not going to say again), paying special attention to Brita's quote.

Ishara
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Um:

1. I didn't write that post. Pretty sure I made that clear, oh gurus of reading comprehension. Also, that post didn't tear her down - that post just outlined how shitty her self-esteem must be that she dates a guy like that, and was alos posted mostly in response to anyone who ever had any respect for that douche.

2. Ishy, link that isn't a trashy celeb gossip rag or it didn't happen Nobody else gives a shit about Megan Fox other than trashy celeb rags. Sorry! You expect what, CNN, to care about Megan Fox? Please.

Ivhon
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Um:

1. I didn't write that post. Pretty sure I made that clear, oh gurus of reading comprehension. Also, that post didn't tear her down - that post just outlined how shitty her self-esteem must be that she dates a guy like that, and was alos posted mostly in response to anyone who ever had any respect for that douche.

2. Nobody else gives a shit about Megan Fox other than trashy celeb rags. Sorry! You expect what, CNN, to care about Megan Fox? Please.

CNN is too busy canonizing Michael Jackson to pay attention to anybody else.

Neilbert
07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
1. I didn't write that post. Pretty sure I made that clear, oh gurus of reading comprehension.

Quote tags exist for a reason?

Also, that post didn't tear her down - that post just outlined how shitty her self-esteem must be that she dates a guy like that, and was alos posted mostly in response to anyone who ever had any respect for that douche.

Based on third hand information about their relationship. I'm not sure that's any better.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey, Neil, I was talking specifically to Camel. So yes, I was the first to tear down her intelligence, but I don't recall tearing down her looks.

Trashy she may be, I don't particularly know, but other than a little collagen for her lips (and when the hell will this particular fad go away, pretty please?) about which I'm not even certain, I can't tell from her earlier work if she had plastic surgery or not so I want to know what makes those who are 100% positive certain she's had extensive amounts.

Bad skin doesn't necessarily have to be her fault. Cameron Diaz's skin was awful for the longest time due to an allergy to sunscreen that's in practically all makeup nowadays (I feel her pain, I'm allergic to either the sulphur dioxide or the titanium dioxide in sunscreens).

Sinistrum
07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
CNN is too busy canonizing Michael Jackson to pay attention to anybody else.

First reaction to this: ROTFLMAO!

Second reaction to this: Zing!

Third reaction: rep

Neilbert
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey, Neil, I was talking specifically to Camel. So yes, I was the first to tear down her intelligence, but I don't recall tearing down her looks.

That's nice. The point was that women, at least in the context of this thread are much more aggressive when it came to tearing down both Ms Fox's looks and personality.

Hence Brita's post being pointed out. You personally may not have gone after her looks, but other women did.

Yellowbeard would like to know why.

E: Typo.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't know. Envy? I'm not in the habit of doing that myself, so I don't understand the motivation. I didn't even get it when I was surrounded by women 24/7. What I don't like are pretty girls pandering to the stupid is as stupid does stereotype. "I'm pretty! So therefore I have to stay brainless!"

I will criticize another's clothing choices (for various reasons, mostly because I feel poor choices are inflicted upon those of us who have to see it -- like a an otherwise pretty girl who wore a shear dress and made the misforunate mistake of wearing lace bra/underwear beneath. How do I know they were lace? You could see the outline quite clearly through the fabric of the dress of every little flower and it was really quite obvious), but I rarely find someone worth bitching about because of their face or physical beauty. Most of those women (at least the ones I know personally) literally work their asses off for that. Rarely are they born that way, nor have they had the wherewithal to buy it.

Terez
07-06-2009, 03:00 PM
We're making fun of you guys for being dumb enough to find women like her attractive, when you could have nice real women like us. ;)

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 03:01 PM
There's that, too. Rep!

Yellowbeard
07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
The point was that women, at least in the context of this thread are much more aggressive when it came to tearing down both Ms Fox's looks and personality

i just always look, especially at celebrities, that even when they are just in an interview, or some public event, that they are acting. afterall, they're actors! it's what they do. they have a public image to project. it's part of what keeps the roles coming in.

so given that none of us have actually met her or know her personally, how can anyone definitively make statements about their character/intelligence/whether their physical assets are real or bought/etc.?

and further, even if megan fox, or any other chick did get physically enhanced...why does that bother other women so much? even my girlfriend made some lewd comments about a chick at lunch the other day about some other chicks fake knockers, and it was just out of the blue. i don't get what the motivation for that sort of thing is. her fake knockers were hurting anyone...where's the problem?

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
You're right, they do act in interviews. Which makes my objection that much more valid, doesn't it?

What I don't like are pretty girls pandering to the stupid is as stupid does stereotype. "I'm pretty! So therefore I have to stay brainless!"

So therefore, if you're pretty, you can't be smart. So yes. If she's smart and pretty and acting that way, shame on her.

Ishara
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't recall saying it bugged me...it doesn't bug me at all. And if you want proof that's not a gossipy source, then I can't give that to you. The gossips are the only people who care about her enough to look into stuff like that. Whatever - sure she's doable, but I don't think she's more attractive then say....Emma Watson - who is beautiful AND smart.

Brita
07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Is it the fact that her pale blue eyes make her look like a zyborg zombie in a hot body that makes all the guys drool?

Oh c'mon! Look at that first picture and tell those eyes don't look freaky. And I love how Neil and Camel quoted the ONE BAD thing I said about her in this whole thread, in which I was trying to be witty due to the crazy colour her eyes were in the picture just before my post. And then went on to clarify that I think she is gorgeous, but that all Hollywood girls look gorgeous.

Please do not lump me in with insecure, catty girls you may know or have met due to one comment in a six page thread....which happened to just be a joke that didn't go over well.

I shouldn't get defensive, but I am so not like that. All the rest of my posts called her cute, gorgeous, possibly more clever than any realize, praised a beautiful girl I saw at work...I just don't like one sentence being taken out of context to label me in a way which I despise, i.e. the catty, jealous, insecure girl.

Uno
07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
What's with all the daft men v. women squabbling we've been having lately? For myself, I've never heard of this Fox woman, but if you ask me, all movie actors look vaguely the same. There's very little variety there.

Terez
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
six page thread....
40ppp ftw.

Brita
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
40ppp ftw.

Ya- I probably should change my settings.

Ozymandias
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
so given that none of us have actually met her or know her personally, how can anyone definitively make statements about their character/intelligence/whether their physical assets are real or bought/etc.?

Well, (a) a plastic chest is usually pretty easy to spot, and if its not, then no one cares because its tastefully done. (b) you can comment on someone's character or intelligence when they say things along the lines of "my boyfriends need my name tattoed on them somewhere."

On the flip side, I support your basic premise and think that the standards that men are held to in terms of choosing who they find desirable are much, much higher than those women are. Women are allowed to drool over eye candy in movies or sports without being criticized for being shallow (not once in my entire life have I heard a woman called out for this). Men can hardly look without being ripped a new one.

Intelligence matters less than beauty, because if your not attracted to the person, you'll never find out how intelligent she is. Or he, I suppose. Plus (and this is the one thing I thank Eddings for), we tend to find those who agree with us more intelligent... and if you have stupid, beautiful girl who agrees with you to make you happy, your kind of inclined to overlook her presence of lack of intelligence.

DahLliA
07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
What's with all the daft men v. women squabbling we've been having lately?

I'm wondering about that too. seems every other thread I click it's the warm-up to Gender Wars (http://www.mobygames.com/game/gender-wars)(great game btw :p)

Neilbert
07-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh c'mon! Look at that first picture and tell those eyes don't look freaky.

For the record I agree with you 100%, those contacts are creepy as hell. On anyone.

And I love how Neil and Camel quoted the ONE BAD thing I said about her in this whole thread, in which I was trying to be witty due to the crazy colour her eyes were in the picture just before my post.

The point --------> .

Your head -------> O

PS: I also got a little chuckle out of your zombie comment.

Brita
07-06-2009, 08:20 PM
PS: I also got a little chuckle out of your zombie comment.

Well good, 'cause that's what I was going for. Well, an all out ROFLMAO plus 10 rep points would have been OK too, but a chuckle will do (and it's a hell of a lot better than becoming the poster child for catty women everywhere.)

Davian93
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I stand by all my comments...I dont think she's anything special. I dont find idiots attractive...my loss I guess.

I just got back from Transformers 2 and my opinion has not improved...brutal actress.

Brita
07-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, as can be imagined, Michael Bay is not too impressed (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222561&cl=14346158&ch=222562) with her comments.

Davian93
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I was gonna rip the movie a bit but it was so bad I don't even care to waste my time.

Here's a great review of it though: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php

Brita
07-06-2009, 09:50 PM
OMG that was hilarious! I might see the movie, just so I can apply that review.

Why would a robot need to fart, pee, or vomit? And why would it need testicles?
Michael Bay does not understand what a robot is.

LOL!

AbbeyRoad
07-07-2009, 12:58 AM
silly Michael Bay. don't you know you have to be as awesome as Mel Brooks or as rich & successful as George Lucas to get away with negative racial stereotypes?

two street-talking robots with gold in their grillz= fail

black man combing the desert with a pick yelling out "we ain't found shit!" = win

^ What she said.

With the addition of a Mel Brooks quote:
"The sheriff is a N*GGER!"
"What? The sheriff is near?"

At least when Mel did it, he poked fun at the concept of racial stereotypes (with an intelligent black sheriff who was harassed by unintelligent white rednecks) rather than Michael Bay promoting them with illiterate, unintelligable, unnecessary, and *unfunny* black gangsta robots.

Racism only works when it's, you know, funny. But Michael Bay = fail.

GonzoTheGreat
07-07-2009, 04:41 AM
I always knew your reading comprehension skills sucked. Re-read the thread. You're actually the first person to "tear her down" in the second post of the thread:
This post is, in turn, followed by Brita describing her as:

her pale blue eyes make her look like a zyborg zombieHow is that tearing her down?
I don't think that a pretty female zyborg zombie is a turn off, and I suspect that quite a few other males would agree with me on that.

Frankly, I would rather look at a zyborg zombie such as the one under discussion here than at a right wing wight such as Ann Coulter. Zyborg zombies are cute.

Davian93
07-07-2009, 09:07 AM
What's a zyborg?

Brita
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Ummm....a cross between a Cyborg and a Zombie? But then I guess that makes the zombie part superfluous...

Davian93
07-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Ummm....a cross between a Cyborg and a Zombie? But then I guess that makes the zombie part superfluous...

Oh, that actually works then...Zyborg it is.:)

Neilbert
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
With the addition of a Mel Brooks quote:
"The sheriff is a N*GGER!"
"What? The sheriff is near?"

"Where all the white women at?" Is quite possibly my favorite line in that movie. The line itself isn't that great, but the delivery is perfect.

GonzoTheGreat
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Ummm....a cross between a Cyborg and a Zombie? But then I guess that makes the zombie part superfluous...Oh, I don't think her zombie parts are superfluous.

Crispin's Crispian
07-07-2009, 10:09 AM
... rather than Michael Bay promoting them with illiterate, unintelligable, unnecessary, and *unfunny* black gangsta robots.

Racism only works when it's, you know, funny. But Michael Bay = fail.
Clearly Michael Bay was launching a subtle critique of the mass media as it exploits African-American sub-cultural stereotypes in order to sell products that white Americans should find "hip". It's ingenious if you think about it, because he's incorporating that very stereotype into his huge media production, but turning it on its head using robots instead of awkward white teenagers. There are probably dozens of other social critiques hidden amongst the explosions, you just have to search a little deeper.

:p

Ishara
07-07-2009, 10:19 AM
The zyborg thing is pretty apt actually. Fox's next movie is called Jennifer's Body, wherein she plays a hot teenage cheerleader turned hot teenage zombie.

Davian93
07-07-2009, 10:25 AM
The zyborg thing is pretty apt actually. Fox's next movie is called Jennifer's Body, wherein she plays a hot teenage cheerleader turned hot teenage zombie.

I smell an Oscar...

Gilshalos Sedai
07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
As long as she NEVER EVER plays Wonder Woman.

RogueSavior
07-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Having watched the movie from behind a row of African-American, white, and asian children squealing with laughter (I think it was a daycare trip?)after Mudflap and Skids' various exploits, I have to disagree that the characters didn't 'connect' with children like Bay intended.

And as for the disbelievable final fight - not only does Optimus Prime have Jetfire's parts, he's also freshly off resurrection from the second-most powerful Transformer Artifact in the Universe, whereas Megatron was resurrected by a sliver from the Allspark and the Fallen was apparently the Transformer equivalent of Bedridden/Palpatine which is traditionally weak to asskicking by roided up and angry heroes.

The roommates' purpose was to reaquaint Sam with the former Sector 7 lackey, whose purpose was to help Sam and Mikaela get past the government snafus they eventually found themselves in.

I also like that Bumblebee's badassery was allowed to be more evident - when he ripped the spine out of Ravage while also beating the hell out of Rampage springs immediately to mind.

And Jetfire was hilarious, I don't care what you say.

Belazamon
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
The roommates' purpose was to reaquaint Sam with the former Sector 7 lackey, whose purpose was to help Sam and Mikaela get past the government snafus they eventually found themselves in.
Ahhh, yes. Going to find "random dude who runs a website where I think I saw some of those symbols that one time," who happens to be John Turturro, who happens to have managed to keep absolutely friggin' everything from Sector Seven despite a) it being shut down, and b) him being fired.

Instead of finding another Autobot who can read. You know, since there's five or six more presumably-not-illiterate Autobots who have been hanging around on Earth. Oh, wait! They all vanished for no particular reason. Oops!

;)

DahLliA
07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
what RS said

finally someone who understands (Y)

RogueSavior
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM
More like - they only had one Allspark sliver left - they could only reanimate one full-size Transformer, presumably, since the Decepticons could only reanimate Megatron, these slivers only had enough juice for one big go of it. As you can see, they guessed correctly on Jetfire. Reading isn't necessarily a necessity in a race which you are born into a centuries (millennia?) long war. You might have other priorities - like learning how to smash other robots into teensy weensy little bits.

AbbeyRoad
07-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Having watched the movie from behind a row of African-American, white, and asian children squealing with laughter (I think it was a daycare trip?)after Mudflap and Skids' various exploits, I have to disagree that the characters didn't 'connect' with children like Bay intended.

Haha wow, is that a joke? Would "connecting" with German children include jokes about Jews being burned in an oven? The question wasn't whether immature preschoolers found it funny... the portrayal of 'black gangsta robots' promotes racial stereotyping. Portraying black robots as obscenely illiterate and unintelligable is promoting a stereotype among children that they take in. In fact, it's even worse that young children "connected" with it and found it funny. Children are very susceptible to the world that is presented to them, especially in the mainstream media. This kind of "entertainment" leaves a subtle but profound impression on young children that is the catalyst for racial stereotypes.

Belazamon
07-10-2009, 12:05 AM
More like - they only had one Allspark sliver left - they could only reanimate one full-size Transformer
Like, I dunno, Optimus Prime? :D

Reading isn't necessarily a necessity in a race which you are born into a centuries (millennia?) long war. You might have other priorities - like learning how to smash other robots into teensy weensy little bits.
True fact. However, which is easier?

a) Asking someone you just met to take you cross-country to hopefully find some random human website maintainer who may or may not have seen these symbols before, when everybody on the planet is likely looking for you already?

b) Or asking the friendly robots with whom you're already on speaking terms?

Terez
07-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Haha wow, is that a joke? Would "connecting" with German children include jokes about Jews being burned in an oven? The question wasn't whether immature preschoolers found it funny... the portrayal of 'black gangsta robots' promotes racial stereotyping. Portraying black robots as obscenely illiterate and unintelligable is promoting a stereotype among children that they take in. In fact, it's even worse that young children "connected" with it and found it funny. Children are very susceptible to the world that is presented to them, especially in the mainstream media. This kind of "entertainment" leaves a subtle but profound impression on young children that is the catalyst for racial stereotypes. You spelled 'unintelligible' wrong. :p

Oh, and have rep for beating me to my post...

RogueSavior
07-10-2009, 01:14 AM
And Special Notice for the Realization of Godwin's Law in a TRANSFORMERS Thread goes to...

Unseals the Envelope

Opens the Envelope

:eek:

AbbeyRoad! Everyone, a round of applause!

Not only was the Abbster's invocation of the Holocaust preposterous, but also wildly premature. Unfortunately, AbbeyRoad hasn't prepared a speech at this time, and so instead I'll go straight to awarding her the prize. Just what she really wanted - an argument (Though, in holding with the spirit of Godwin's Law I've already won said argument, before it actually began. Go Home Team!)

Oh, if I could only recant the times I plotted on connecting with the youth of Germany by making jokes about burning jews, or goose stepping, or about how living with my parents is totally like living in a Nazi Death camp. I'm certain this will win me their hearts and minds, right Abbster?

Let's instead examine the role of the contested Autobots, known as the Twins, or individually, as Mudflap and Skids.

First, we need to examine the nature of the modern American youth culture, dominated for the past decade, probably more, by hip-hop, a race-neutral cultural movement of the late twentieth century on the planet Earth. Hip-hop permeates all ethnicities in American society, in particular, as blacks, whites, latinos, hispanics, asians, indians, native americans, pacific islanders, martians, eastern europeans, western europeans, northern europeans, even australians have a sizeable portion of their population who are part of the hip-hop culture, which is often termed as 'gangsta.'

Second, we need to examine which race, if any, is being presumed in Mudflap and Skids. Let's see, one is bright red. The other is Lime green. Neither is black. Now - who's seeing illiterate alien robots who speak in hip-hop slang, who happen to be red and bright green as black?

On a slight retraction, I apparently need to reiterate what I meant by 'young children,' because apparently daycares in St. Louis take groups of preschoolers to PG-13 movies. These kids were probably all older than 9, the oldest maybe 14. Young, but appropriately aged to be taken to a PG-13 movie as a group. Even in Wisconsin, the Boys and Girls Club (who this group must have been from - no other daycare would have a group of so many older kids) doesn't start making us violent until we at least have some muscle to back up our punches with. Maybe it's different in Missouri - you might start the violence in preschool. That's your deal.

And the impressionability of children... Ahh...

only my years of watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then Power Rangers, then Jean Claude Van Damme movies, then the Matrix, cartoons with giant robots from space, and finally a vast plethora of Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Jet Li movies hadn't turned me into a walking death machine, perhaps I'd weigh in.

[ear phone]Oh... what's that? I'm not a walking death machine? Ok then... [/ear phone]

Ahh... if only all the Eddy Murphy, Chris Rock, Wayans Brothers, Denzel Washington, or Samuel L. Jackson movies hadn't convinced me that all black guys were either streetwise, fast-talking criminals or hard-ass badasses intent on cleaning up the street or bumbling fuckups who eventually save the day, bringing a riot of laughs along the way... then perhaps I could contribute

[ear phone again]Ah. You mean I don't think that? Fucking nuts - what about all of the childhood impressionability I had? [/ear phone]

That children are impressionable, long run, by the media is bullshit. As actual social creatures, humans, even children, are far more impacted by their peers, parents, and (p)neighborhoods than by what they see on the boob tube. When you were a kid, did you base your actions on what Foghorn Leghorn said, or on what the other kids in your class laughed at or thought was cool? Sure, sometimes they coincided, but what mattered was what the other kids thought, or if it made your parents proud. Ultimately, these factors made you who you are - not what you were allowed to watch on television or the cds you were allowed to purchase. Or what made you laugh when you were 10. The person I became, you became, hell, everyone became began forming in High School, when parental direction and real world experiences finally began colliding.

However, I have heard that the mainstream media has an impression on children. I heard it from the mainstream media, I hear it all the time. Heaven forbid a media conglomerate inflate its own importance and help to sell fifteen variations of Dora the Explorer by speaking to nervous parents and pretentious societal censors of the dangers of non-Dora the Explorer programming - and oh by the way did we tell you about how impressionable your children are, and the importance of this show in their learning development. Kids aren't the gullible ones, Abbster. And Terez.

In conclusion, it is indeniable that you see 'black gangster robots' because you want to see 'black gangster robots.' You see two goofy-looking illiterate robots conversing entirely in slang as 'black.' The attitude necessary to make that leap is obviously racist, and it makes up the core of any uproar over the Twins.

RogueSavior
07-10-2009, 01:14 AM
On to actual transformers talk -

Bela, the crux of my rebuttal is this. Optimus Prime is dead, and the government has him and the rest of the Autobots. The same government which is willing to turn you over to the Decepticons, leading to your certain death and dismemberment. On the other hand, your 'the truth is out there' transformers obsessed roommate knows that his rival has the same symbols you just carved into the ground hidden in his database, and also where to find said rival. It's safe to assume said rival is unlikely to be a member of the government (not known for running 'The truth is out there' sites) and apparently knows enough to know the symbols are linked to the transforming robots somehow. Don't you try the one less likely to get your arms ripped off first? That introducing a character solely for that reason is preposterous isn't in question. After all, Sam apparently has kept in touch with Major Josh Duhamel - why couldn't he have Sector 7 guy's number, too, and create more room for giant robot deathmatches?

Also - if Bumblebee can't read, who's to say Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcee, Jolt, or Sidewinder can read?

Also, the idea to revive Optimus only comes after they meet Jetfire and learn about the Matrix of Leadership, if you recall. Completely slipped their panicked 18 year old brains.

Belazamon
07-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Bela, the crux of my rebuttal is this. Optimus Prime is dead, and the government has him and the rest of the Autobots... After all, Sam apparently has kept in touch with Major Josh DuhamelYou do realize, of course, that this very neatly hamstrings your entire argument. ;)

Also - if Bumblebee can't read, who's to say Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcee, Jolt, or Sidewinder can read?Well, I'd be pretty surprised if the doctor was illiterate, frankly. But saying "well, the idiots can't read, why would we assume that the non-idiots can read" - I'm not quite sure that's a compelling argument...

Also, the idea to revive Optimus only comes after they meet Jetfire and learn about the Matrix of Leadership, if you recall. Completely slipped their panicked 18 year old brains.Hm. So a fragment of the Allspark was stolen, and then Megatron magically shows up from the dead to try and pull Sam's brain out. Are you arguing that Sam shouldn't have been able to put two and two together? Because, you know, they were sitting on their thumbs doing nothing for a goodly amount of time before they decided to hare off on a cross-country find-the-website-maintainer hunt. :D

RogueSavior
07-10-2009, 01:38 AM
To be fair, Sam was supposed to get a B minus in High School history - he's clearly not teh Brilliance. And Bumblebee isn't an idiot, he's just had his voicebox damaged. Also, the decepticon chihahua says that only the very old can read.

And calling the Major up and waltzing into his base are vastly different categories of interaction. On his phone, presumably it's just him. On his base there's a whole lot of soldiers whose loyalty is probably to the US Government over the Major.

It's not a great plot, and the roommate isn't necessary beyond that all college kids end up with roommates, but it isn't a vastly flawed plot. And the only one who goes across the country is Mikaela pre-Sector 7 guy and post college-delivery.

GonzoTheGreat
07-10-2009, 04:19 AM
And Special Notice for the Realization of Godwin's Law in a TRANSFORMERS Thread goes to...I thought this was a Megan Fox thread. She's not a Transformer, is she?

Belazamon
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
It kind of hurts me that I'm putting this much thought into this movie. :(

To be fair, Sam was supposed to get a B minus in High School history - he's clearly not teh Brilliance.Okay, I got pretty good grades in school so I would've been a little sad by a B minus. But that's really not a terrible grade at all. And he ain't at a little community college, so one would presume he did at least pretty well in school. But regardless, we're not really talking about intelligence, we're talking about common friggin' sense.

And Bumblebee isn't an idiot, he's just had his voicebox damaged.Yeaaaaah, about that. Didn't they fix it at the end of the first movie? At least a little? But anyway I never said Bumblebee was an idiot. I was referring to the Twins.

Also, the decepticon chihahua says that only the very old can read.I... don't think that's exactly what he said. But I'm not sure I can make myself watch it again to check. :rolleyes:

And calling the Major up and waltzing into his base are vastly different categories of interaction. On his phone, presumably it's just him. On his base there's a whole lot of soldiers whose loyalty is probably to the US Government over the Major.Which is why the entire battalion up and went to Egypt on his say-so, despite the orders of the Presidential Liaison or whatever... :D

It's not a great plot, and the roommate isn't necessary beyond that all college kids end up with roommates, but it isn't a vastly flawed plot.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...! ~wheeeeeze~

;)

Gilshalos Sedai
07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh, Good Lord. A Battle of the Geeks over Teh Meaning in Transformers.

Sinistrum
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Yanno I saw an advertisement on Syfy (yanno the new version of Scifi channel with syphalis) for a concert for Little Wayne. The way he and his fellow acts were behaving in the commercial, which was pretty much just clips from music videos with an announcer's voice over, reminded me a great deal of the Twins.

The point I'm making here is that I think people on both sides are shooting too broadly here. They weren't designed to emulate and make fun of african americans, more than they were designed to emulate and make fun of the hip hop subculture. And IMHO, that is something that needs to be made fun of it because most of it conforms to the stereotypes the Twins were portraying. The only way I think they could be construed as "racist" is if you're of the opinion that all black people listen to hip hop. That, in of itself, smacks of racism.

All that said, they were still annoying as ***** essentially the Transformers equivalent of Jar Jar Binks, and I'm mad that they put them in the movie instead of Grimlock and the rest of the Dinobots.

Belazamon
07-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh, Good Lord. A Battle of the Geeks over Teh Meaning in Transformers.
Hey, it could be worse. I could RIP OFF HIS FACE.

Anyway my argument is that there was no meaning in TF2. ;)