PDA

View Full Version : Palin To Step Down?!?

Davian93
07-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Somehow, I don't think she thought this one through all the way.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/03/palin/index.html

Palin stepping down this month

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Gov. Sarah Palin announced Friday that she will step down as Alaska's chief executive by the end of the month. She will not seek election to a second gubernatorial term in 2010.

"People who know me know that besides faith and family, nothing's more important to me than our beloved Alaska," Palin said at an announcement from her home in Wasilla. "Serving her people is the greatest honor I could imagine."

Palin, a Republican, was elected governor in 2006. She was tapped as Arizona Sen. John McCain's vice presidential running mate last year.

Palin said she was transferring authority to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who will be sworn in at the Governor's Picnic on July 26. VideoWatch Palin's announcement »

A Republican source close to her political team told CNN's John King that it was a "calculation" she made that "it was time to move on." The governor's "book deal and other issues" were "causing a lot of friction" in her home state, the source said, adding that he believes she is "mapping out a path to 2012."

Following Palin's announcement, the Democratic Nationanl Committee blasted what it called her "bizarre behavior."

"Either Sarah Palin is leaving the people of Alaska high and dry to pursue her long shot national political ambitions or she simply can't handle the job now that her popularity has dimmed and oil revenues are down," DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse said.

"Either way, her decision to abandon her post and the people of Alaska who elected her continues a pattern of bizarre behavior that more than anything else may explain the decision she made today."

As the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, Palin has been considered one of the front-runners for the GOP nomination in 2012. Her decision not to seek another term as governor is sure to stoke speculation that Palin is seriously eyeing a run for the White House.

In an interview last month with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Palin said she was unsure about her re-election bid because she needed to focus on her state and her family.

"So, no decision yet on either 2010 or let alone 2012?" Blitzer asked.

"No decision that I'd want to announce today," Palin responded.

Palin catapulted on the national stage last August when McCain, the Republican presidential nominee, chose her as his running mate.

Sinistrum
07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
http://instanttrap.com/trap.jpg

Mort
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I think Alaska and the whole US is thanking her right now. Not only is Alaska rid of an utter incompetent governor, but the american people will also have an easy time choosing who to NOT vote for in the presidential election 2012.

Terez
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I'd be really surprised if she got the nomination.

Sinistrum
07-03-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd be really surprised if she didn't. You think we could spring Sirhan Sirhan out of Corcoran in time for the 2012 election?

Davian93
07-03-2009, 07:37 PM
There almost HAS to be something else going on behind the scenes that will come out in the next couple days to weeks. There is no reason politically for her to resign right now as the election isn't for over 3 years and her term as Governor was over next year anyway.

I smell a wicked scandal or just plain stupidity...or, in her case, likely both.

This is a good day for Alaska...and the U.S. She'll be old news by the next election cycle. My bet is she ends up as a Foxnews commentator.

irerancincpkc
07-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I had just woke up, and when I saw Palin resigned, I thought I was sleeping...

Either she is planning something she thinks is smart, or she killed someone and we will find out about it soon. I think it's the first option...

But still... Yippee! :D

EDIT: An article on why she will run in 2012... (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31727978/ns/politics-more_politics/)

Davian93
07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
This could offer a clue as to part of the reasoning...

WASHINGTON (CNN) – A spokeswoman for Sarah Palin blamed the swarm of ethics complaints that have dogged the Alaska governor for Friday's surprise announcement that she would be leaving office by the end of the month.

When the former Republican vice presidential candidate returned to Alaska after the campaign and pressed her agenda, "she found…resistance, and she found as she looked up more and more that state time and resources were being just wasted with just frivolous ethics complaints coming in, and FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests and lawsuits — but to an extraordinary extent, and from literally those doing opposition research," spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton told CNN's Suzanne Malveaux on The Situation Room Friday. "And so she said really, is this good for Alaska? Is this what a governor is supposed to do, sit and watch money going down the drain?"

Palin's return to her home state has been a rocky one. Beyond a flood of ethics complaints — most of which have been dismissed — the governor was forced to backtrack on her decision to reject federal stimulus funds, her pick for attorney general was rejected by an increasingly hostile legislature, and her personal life has continued to grab headlines.

StrangePackage
07-03-2009, 10:10 PM
What kind of people announce their retirement the Friday before a major US holiday when the majority of the country is away from their normal sources of news?

People looking to minimize the blow of the news that's to come.

I think that it's either a serious health problem or a serious scandal. Whatever is going to happen, it's going to be HUGE. Palin didn't balk at minor ethics scandals or looking like a drooling mongoloid on national TV. She did not step down from the governorship when she gave birth to her special needs kid, or when she was asked to be McCain's running-mate, nor did she decline McCain's offer because of the potential embarrassment, either to her or her family, of her daughter being unmarried and pregnant. She rolls with the punches pretty well.

There is another shoe to drop here. What it is, we shall have to RAFO.

Belazamon
07-04-2009, 02:10 AM
From another story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090704/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_resigning):
She said she had decided against running for re-election as Alaska's governor, and believed it was best to leave office even though she had well over a year left to her term.

"Many just accept that lame duck status, and they hit that road. They draw a paycheck. They kind of milk it. And I'm not going to put Alaskans through that," she said.
Now I have no illusions that this is the real reason she's resigning. But really? "I don't wanna be powerless for a year - I quit!" Does she have any idea of how politics works?

Davian93
07-04-2009, 06:14 AM
From another story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090704/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_resigning):

Now I have no illusions that this is the real reason she's resigning. But really? "I don't wanna be powerless for a year - I quit!" Does she have any idea of how politics works?

Total BS answer there...considering that most pundits are saying she destroyed any chance she had at a future career with this move. I refuse to believe anyone could be this stupid. Its got to be something bad that we'll find out about shortly. The timing is too odd. No major news this weekend and no Meet The Press due to Wimbledon...too perfect for her to avoid any real questions.

Davian93
07-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Analysis from a very good political blogger:

www.electoral-vote.com

"At the very least, this step is seriously unorthodox and will freak out a lot of people. Assuming she wants to be President, the safer approach would have been to remain silent about running for re-election, just saying she had not made up her mind yet about her future. The filing deadline for governor is close to a year from now. As long as no one knew if she was running for governor again, she would not have been a lame duck and the state legislature would have had to treat her with respect. Saying she did not want to be a lame duck is ingenuous since she is the one causing the orthopedic problem in the duck by making this announcement.

Of course, she may well still be thinking of running for President in 2012, but she already had a reputation as a lightweight and this move doesn't give her additional gravitas. Her not wanting to be governor in 2011 while starting a presidential run makes perfect sense. Alaska is just too far from Iowa and Alaska and if she spent too much time away from home, people would accuse her of neglecting her gubernatorial duties. But if she is resigning for the purpose of gearing up for 2012 already, she will take a lot of heat for it, starting with questions like:
- If governing Alaska was too tough for you, how will you run the whole country?
- If you are elected President, how do we know you won't quit when you learn where the buck stops?
- Why do you think 2 1/2 years as governor of an empty state qualifies you to be President?

Certainly no one will be asking other Republican candidates anything like this."

If Palin vanishes from the public eye until after the 2010 elections, it will be hard to make a comeback and be taken seriously. Comebacks happen--witness Richard Nixon--but Nixon had been a congressman, senator, vice president, and finally presidential candidate who came within a whisker of winning in 1960, before returning to private life. His fame wasn't based on a single 3-month campaign. Palin doesn't have anything like that background. Of course, she might try to land a TV show on Fox or some other job that keeps her in public for the next two years.

So where does this leave the Republicans in 2012? Palin has probably mortally wounded herself with independents and Democrats, as they are going to regard her as flakey. But to be elected President, you first have to get the nomination, and this step probably won't hurt her with the Republican base. But her primary opponents are not going to be bashful about raising the above questions in public. At the moment, her opponents appear to be former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (and possibly soon-to-be-former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty). In 2011, Mark Sanford is more likely to be living in Argentina with his soul mate than running for President.

Gingrich would love to be President but he combines the age of John McCain with the marital history of Rudy Giuliani. McCain treated his first wife very poorly but the media left him alone on this because he never claimed to be the "family values" candidate. Gingrich won't be treated with kid gloves. His having an affair with a staffer while violently attacking Bill Clinton for having an affair with a staffer will become campaign fodder. His waiting until his first wife (his high school math teacher) was in the hospital for cancer surgery to tell her he wanted a divorce will surely charm women voters.

So who's left? Huckabee may inherit the evangelical vote since he is an ordained Baptist minister. But he ran last time and had trouble breaking out of this narrow demographic. Still, his folksy ways and guitar playing may convince some people that he is just an "ordinary guy." Mitt Romney will probably have Wall St. on his side again and he could dump another $40 million of his own money into the campaign without having to eat dog food. But Romney doesn't excite people the way Obama and Palin do. Still, if the economy is still in the toilet in 2012, he could run as the "grown up" and maybe even get the nomination almost by default.

And, of course, someone not on the radar at all now may turn up in 2011. In fact, Palin's strange move may encourage other candidates who figured they couldn't match her popularity to come out of the woodwork. All in all, our best guess as to the effect of the resignation is that it may increase Palin's chances of getting the nomination (assuming she wants it) but decrease her chances in the general election as independents and Democrats are likely to see her as a quitter and opportunistic. If she really is disgusted with politics and doesn not plan to run, then Romney is the likely beneficiary of her move.

There are at least two other conceivable explanations to Palin's bizarre move. First, there may be some big scandal about her about to break and by resigning, the impact will be lessened. Second, she has been the subject of 15 ethics probes in Alaska and hiring lawyers has been expensive. Neither she nor her husband is wealthy and they have five children. By resigning, she is now perfectly free to travel around the country giving well-paid speeches just to earn a lot of money.

Uno
07-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Shouldn't think the GOP would risk giving Palin a shot at the presidency under any circumstances. Presumably, you'd want your candidate to have a realistic chance of winning. What I'm a bit concerned about is what Davian's going to rant about if Palin leaves politics.

Davian93
07-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Shouldn't think the GOP would risk giving Palin a shot at the presidency under any circumstances. Presumably, you'd want your candidate to have a realistic chance of winning. What I'm a bit concerned about is what Davian's going to rant about if Palin leaves politics.

We all know she won't leave us peacefully. This soap opera is only beginning. We've got years of entertainment left from her now.

And I was quite reserved when posting this here...no comments about her pathetic personal life, massive scandals, ethics issues, hypocrisy, moronic statements,etc. ;)

Uno
07-04-2009, 02:24 PM
And I was quite reserved when posting this here...no comments about her pathetic personal life, massive scandals, ethics issues, hypocrisy, moronic statements,etc. ;)

I imagine that took a great deal of effort, so well done. Happily, the political classes can probably supply a never-ending stream of dullards to get on your nerves, so I'm not really that concerned.

JSUCamel
07-04-2009, 02:32 PM
What's really sad is the level of support Palin does have from the far-right. It's kind of sad. My stepfather and my brother love her to death and would vote for her in a heartbeat. My best friend (and current roommate) is a die-hard Republican, and he'll defend her to the death (although I don't think she's his #1 choice for candidacy).

Thing is, I don't have a problem with the Republican Party. Well, recently I have, but as far as their overall platform goes, I happen to agree with a lot of it. All they really need to do is find someone in the party that provides a better option than Palin.

She's just not a good idea for the GOP at all. And I wonder what's gonna happen if/when she ever realizes that she's the GOP's version of "there's no such thing as bad PR". They don't rein her in, because it galvanizes her base and ignites controversy with the rest of us. As long as we're actively thinking about politics and keeping the GOP in mind, then it's basically free advertising for them.

And then all they have to do is say "You thought you liked Sarah Palin, but wait until you meet ___________" and then they introduce the country to their top choice, who would (ideally) be a more stable, intelligent individual who embodies the spirit of the GOP. Someone like, say, Mitt Romney.

Davian93
07-04-2009, 02:45 PM
The Republicans lost me when they abandoned the moderate Northeast and embraced the Southern Evangelicals.

Davian93
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Here's an interesting rumor as to why:

Possible Federal Indictment for Embezzling Pending? (http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7280)

Now that would be too funny if true.

Uno
07-04-2009, 03:00 PM
The Republicans lost me when they abandoned the moderate Northeast and embraced the Southern Evangelicals.

But you could make a good argument that that's something that took place when Goldwater secured the GOP nomination in 1964. The power within the party shifted from the moderate Northeastern establishment--the "country club conservatives"--to the "cowboy conservatives" in the South and Southwest. Nixon certainly embodied the Southern shift rather well.

Ozymandias
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
There almost HAS to be something else going on behind the scenes that will come out in the next couple days to weeks. There is no reason politically for her to resign right now as the election isn't for over 3 years and her term as Governor was over next year anyway.

I smell a wicked scandal or just plain stupidity...or, in her case, likely both.

This is a good day for Alaska...and the U.S. She'll be old news by the next election cycle. My bet is she ends up as a Foxnews commentator.

I disagree. I think that your ascribing too much political savvy to that freakin cretan.

I think she's seeing her approval ratings plummet. She's realized her quest for national media attention has killed her base at home. She's lazy, stupid, and a poor politician, and doesn't want to deal with the hardship of actual having to conduct politics, instead of handing out checks and riding that popular support for whatever.

I mean, in the end, Sarah Palin is three things. Stupid, greedy, and essentially a bully. She's realizing that now that she's not the all-popular governor, some of the strongarm tactics she used are going to cause her political hell and she wants out. This way, she can claim some shim-sham flimsy excuse for leaving (doesn't want to drain taxpayer money? What a joke!), and still consider herself an astute politician. It also spares her having to deal with stimulus issues. She can legitimately claim she resigned instead of accepting big gov't.

Davian93
07-05-2009, 11:31 PM
But you could make a good argument that that's something that took place when Goldwater secured the GOP nomination in 1964. The power within the party shifted from the moderate Northeastern establishment--the "country club conservatives"--to the "cowboy conservatives" in the South and Southwest. Nixon certainly embodied the Southern shift rather well.

I agree that the shift started there but Nixon was a moderate and Reagan kept with some moderate ideals despite his extreme social conservatism. Bush Sr was more of a NE Republican despite his Texas residency. Bush Sr was a man I could identify with...ashame his son was such a POS. Bush Jr destroyed what was left of that wing of the party but maybe guys like Romney (he's a snake unfortunately) can bring them back and abandon their rightward expansion. Obama should have no issues in 2012 though assuming he's an even halfway competent Pres for the next 3 years.

GonzoTheGreat
07-06-2009, 05:10 AM
And assuming the US voters are rational.
Me, I would be loath to make such an assumption; I do not think the American voters are that much more sensible than the ones in the rest of the world.
The reason that democracy is the best system around is not because of the high quality of the voters.

Terez
07-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Bush Sr was a man I could identify with...
This is the guy that says he doesn't consider atheists to be citizens!

GonzoTheGreat
07-06-2009, 08:17 AM
This is the guy that says he doesn't consider atheists to be citizens!Please refer to the first line of my previous post for an explanation.

Ozymandias
07-06-2009, 08:47 AM

That was like 35 years ago...

How old are you, that you were of significant age in 1975 to have had a history of voting right and then swung left?

Not that I think thats particularly old... but I didn't get the impression you were in your mid 50's

Zanguini
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Carter was an evangelical christian he was a dem

Ivhon
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Carter was an evangelical christian he was a dem

Baptist Church changed a lot during and immediately after his Presidency. He wrote a book about it.

Neilbert
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
The more I learn about Lincoln the more I think that there never was a "good" republican party, and the more I learn about Teddy Rosevelt the more I am convinced that the Republican party did everything it could to keep it that way.

(Goldwater and Bush 1 v Regan are good examples of the Republican party willfully choosing evil.)

Davian93
07-06-2009, 10:40 AM
This is the guy that says he doesn't consider atheists to be citizens!

He also refused to heavily court the Evangelical vote or make it a huge issue during his time in office. He felt religion and politics were two separate issues...unlike his son.

Neilbert
07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Since someone mentioned Nixon... If you haven't read/heard this you should.

From a May 13, 1971, conversation among President Richard Nixon, John D. Ehrlichman, and H. R. Haldeman. On October 5, 1999, the National Archives made available to the public 445 hours of previously unreleased Oval Office tapes. The following dialogue was transcribed by Chicago Tribune reporter James Warren.

RICHARD NIXON: We're going to [put] more of these little Negro bastards on the welfare rolls at $2,400 a family--let people like Pat Moynihan and [special consultant] Leonard Garment and others believe in all that crap. But I don't believe in it. Work, work--throw 'em off the rolls. That's the key.

JOHN D. EHRLICHMAN: The key is Reagan's neutrality. If Reagan blasts this thing and says it's not strong enough on the work-requirement end, that will be very bad.

NIXON: I have the greatest affection for them [blacks], but I know they're not going to make it for 500 years. They aren't. You know it, too. The Mexicans are a different cup of tea. They have a heritage. At the present time they steal, they're dishonest, but they do have some concept of family life. They don't live like a bunch of dogs, which the Negroes do live like.

EHRLICHMAN: The Mexican American is not as good as the Mexican. You go down to Mexico--they're clean, they're honest, they're moral.

NIXON: Mexico is a much more moral country.

EHRLICHMAN: Monterrey, Cuernavaca. Go into slum areas, and by God they come out with clean shirts on a Sunday morning.

NIXON: The church. You find a helluva lot less marijuana use in Mexico than the United States.

EHRLICHMAN: The unions are actually a stronger force down there than the church.

NIXON: For what?

EHRLICHMAN: For conduct and social policy.

NIXON: ... CBS ... glorifying homosexuality.

EHRLICHMAN: A panel show?

H. R. HALDEMAN: No, it's a regular show. It's on every week. It's usually just done in the guy's home. It's usually just that guy, who's a hard hat.

NIXON: That's right; he's a hard hat.

EHRLICHMAN: He always looks like a slob.

NIXON: Looks like Jackie Gleason.

HALDEMAN: He has this hippie son-in-law, and usually the general trend is to downgrade him and upgrade the son-in-law--make the square hard hat out to be bad. But a few weeks ago, they had one in which the guy, the son-in-law, wrote a letter to you, President Nixon, to raise hell about something. And the guy said, "You will not write that letter from my home!" Then said, "I'm going to write President Nixon," took off all those sloppy clothes, shaved, and went to his desk and got ready to write his letter to President Nixon. And apparently it was a good episode.

EHRLICHMAN: What's it called?

NIXON: "Archie's Guys." Archie is sitting here with his hippie son-in-law, married to the screwball daughter. The son-in-law apparently goes both ways. This guy. He's obviously queer--wears an ascot--but not offensively so. Very clever. Uses nice language. Shows pictures of his parents. And so Arch goes down to the bar. Sees his best friend, who used to play professional football. Virile, strong, this and that. Then the fairy comes into the bar.

I don't mind the homosexuality. I understand it. Nevertheless, goddamn, I don't think you glorify it on public television, homosexuality, even more than you glorify whores. We all know we have weaknesses. But, goddammit, what do you think that does to kids? You know what happened to the Greeks! Homosexuality destroyed them. Sure, Aristotle was a homo. We all know that. So was Socrates.

EHRLICHMAN: But he never had the influence television had.

NIXON: You know what happened to the Romans? The last six Roman emperors were fags. Neither in a public way. You know what happened to the popes? They were layin' the nuns; that's been goin' on for years, centuries. But the Catholic Church went to hell three or four centuries ago. It was homosexual, and it had to be cleaned out. That's what's happened to Britain. It happened earlier to France.

Let's look at the strong societies. The Russians. Goddamn, they root 'em out. They don't let 'em around at all. I don't know what they do with them. Look at this country. You think the Russians allow dope? Homosexuality, dope, immorality, are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and left-wingers are clinging to one another. They're trying to destroy us. I know Moynihan will disagree with this, [Attorney General John] Mitchell will, and Garment will. But, goddamn, we have to stand up to this.

EHRLICHMAN: It's fatal liberality.

NIXON: Huh?

EHRLICHMAN: It's fatal liberality. And with its use on television, it has such leverage.

NIXON: You know what's happened [in northern California]?

EHRLICHMAN: San Francisco has just gone clear over.

NIXON: But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time--it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco.

Decorators. They got to do something. But we don't have to glorify it. You know one of the reasons fashions have made women look so terrible is because the goddamned designers hate women. Designers taking it out on the women. Now they're trying to get some more sexy things coming on again.

EHRLICHMAN: Hot pants.

NIXON: Jesus Christ.

Davian93
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
What a great American...

Gilshalos Sedai
07-06-2009, 11:34 AM
And is anyone REALLY suprised by this?

Davian93
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
And is anyone REALLY suprised by this?

I already knew it so no...not surprised.

StrangePackage
07-22-2009, 09:31 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_ethics_complaint

Is this said shoe?

Davian93
07-22-2009, 09:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_ethics_complaint

Is this said shoe?

No, not at all. I'm sure this had NOTHING to do with her stepping down.

StrangePackage
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
See, I don't think it is... she has had LOTS of these ethical questions in the past. This one seems no different.

I still think there's something in the wings.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-22-2009, 09:45 AM
An even bigger monster in the closet?

tworiverswoman
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Maybe I'm too naive, but I actually READ that article and wonder if you others bothered, or just snapped up the headline.

For the record, I'm NOT a Palin fan - not even remotely. But I've been looking up some stuff. Did you know that 19 ethics complaints have been filed against her, but most of them (12, I think) have been dismissed? SIX of them were filed by the same person. Three of them were dismissed and two are on-going, the sixth was just filed last week.

After some point, when does this stop being legitimate and become harassment? Palin has accrued $500,000 in legal fees, and this article is actually ABOUT her attempt to raise money to help pay those fees. The investigator who ruled against her in this case is actually on her side believe it or not. She wouldn't have been able to raise the money if she weren't already a public figure, but Alaska is actually semi-unique in not having anything in place to protect a sitting politician from being ruined (financially) by "scattergun" lawsuits.

So... I'm not EVER going to vote for Sarah Palin. But I don't think she deserves the crap she's getting. Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's an arsonist.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I agree with you to some extent, Tru, but somehow she feels even slimier than HRC and her husband put together. I just don't like how she presents herself or her family, and I don't like her politics at all. Arson it may be, but no "rising star" of any party resigns due to "lame-duck-ness".

Ivhon
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
My suspicion is that the arsonist was on his way to start some fires and was surprised to find the forest burning already. Sure, he may have stuck around and frolicked in the flames for a while, but that puppy was burning way before he got there.

Davian93
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I agree with you to some extent, Tru, but somehow she feels even slimier than HRC and her husband put together. I just don't like how she presents herself or her family, and I don't like her politics at all. Arson it may be, but no "rising star" of any party resigns due to "lame-duck-ness".

Hilldog is Ivory soap compared to Palin.

tworiverswoman
07-22-2009, 06:50 PM
There's a large number of things about her that make her really easy to dislike. But frankly, I've yet to find ANY career politician that I haven't disliked, if not despised.

But I get exasperated with people who don't bother to get the facts before they jump to conclusions. This applies to me, sometimes, as well, I have to admit. But some things are just so damn easy to look up...

It's like that post when Bush was Prez - about him calling the Constitution of the U.S. "a God-damn piece of paper." Everyone was going off the deep end about it and then when I did some looking into it I found that every SINGLE LINK on the internet, and there were HUNDREDS, quoted the same source document -- which meant the whole country was basing their ire on one man's totally unsupported word. It just irritates me.

ETA: Davian, bite your tongue -- Hillary Clinton is ... WAY beyond "disgusting."

irerancincpkc
07-22-2009, 06:50 PM
An even bigger monster in the closet?
I'm starting to think there will be no 'huge' scandel, and that she only stepped down cause she thinks it is best for her presidential run in 2012... :confused:

Davian93
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm starting to think there will be no 'huge' scandel, and that she only stepped down cause she thinks it is best for her presidential run in 2012... :confused:

She probably realized that its harder to be involved in political scandals if she's no longer in office. And there's also the fact that she's a fucking moron.

Davian93
08-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Sarah & Todd Palin to Divorce. (http://alaskareport.com/news39/x71283_divorce_palins.htm)

I'm guessing this is the real reason she resigned.

Even scarier, she's moving to Montana? That's way too close...something must be done to stop her.

AlaskaReport has learned this morning that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage have confirmed the news.
Palin's divorce

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other at last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho.

Todd Palin told Fox News last week that he was heading back to his job in the oil fields of Alaska, yet Sarah recently signed a book deal reportedly worth $11 million.

Editor's note: AlaskaReport was the first website to report that Sarah Palin was running for governor of Alaska and the first website to report that Sarah was picked as John McCain's VP candidate.

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin says politicians need to have thick skin "Just as I've got" Which of course is hilarious since she quit as Alaska's governor complaining about her hurt feelings from Alaska's bloggers reporting on her numerous ethics violations.

irerancincpkc
08-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Montana is way too close... :eek:

Terez
08-01-2009, 08:10 PM
She's looking less and less shiny as a representative for 'conservative values'.

Jonai
08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Seeing how the Palin's are close family friends, I'm gonna see if I can talk her into moving to Vermont. Just for you brother Dav. ;)

Terez
08-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Seeing how the Palin's are close family friends
The Palin's what? Oh, what I meant was, did you have to choose between Sarah and Todd? Everyone wants to know!

GonzoTheGreat
08-02-2009, 05:17 AM
She's looking less and less shiny as a representative for 'conservative values'.On the other hand, she's a shining example of the conservative "do as I say, not as I do" morals.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, what happened to staying together for the kids?

GonzoTheGreat
08-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh, those kids are probably old enough by now to handle this rationally.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
The newborn, too? You know, the one she used repeatedly to prove her qualifications for cannonization?

Ivhon
08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
The whole report comes from a couple of bloggers in Alaska. No other confirmations and a lot of denials.

Ill hold off on buying into this one until there is more fact and less opinion.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, but we can still make jokes.