PDA

View Full Version : Raisings - Yes, that's right, Raisings.

Tamyrlin
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I appreciate your continued desire to be a part of this community of freaks. I'm a bit stressed and pulled in a variety of directions these days, but I'm around even if I'm lurking. If I missed you in this raisings, remind me, because I'm sure we missed someone. (And if this is the second time you have been raised to the same rank...email me - tamyrlin@theoryland.com).

Once again, congrats!

ELDER

Ethan al Thor
M2_K
Greatwolf
Cottillion
Anaiya
Yuri33
Cathar
Leanne
Irerancinckc
Brita
Caladanbrood
Myrelle Sedai

ANCIENT

DahLilA
Marie Curie
Kurtz
Matoyak
Nargsbrood
Oatman
Tworiverswoman
Pops
Purple Dragon
SoE
Uncle Fisty
Yaga Shura

HERO OF THE HORN

DeiwosTheSkyGod
Gonzo
Terez
Mort
YKS

Terez
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
lol...fucking finally! Good job, boss. ;)

tworiverswoman
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
YAY!!! Thanks, LotB!

Now I have some justification for the creaking in my bones...

(can't wait to see Brita's reply)

(ETA: no Sarevok?)
(ETA2: no Cary? Myrelle is here but not my Warder Sister?)

Hmmm!!!

Sarevok
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
*taps foot*

You forgot someone.... :mad: :mad:

I demand that you raise my Aes Sedai immediately!!

Edit: It appears she just made it in the last raising. I forgot. :(

Terez
07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Wasn't Cary already raised? :confused:

Oh, and all you new Elders...be sure to make your first rep for the boss. :p

Sarevok
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Wasn't Cary already raised? :confused:

*goes check*

Oh, right... so she is...

Terez
07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
lmao....I thought so. She barely made it in for the last one. :)

tworiverswoman
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost forgot to add - congrats, Terez - you really deserve your new title. :)

Gonzo, you finally made it over the edge... :p

To everyone else on all the lists - Congrats!

YAY, Asha'man! Your ancient dragon bones have finally been recognized!

Ivhon
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
GTFO!!

Congrats yall

Zanguini
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Cary is an Elder

Brita
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
(can't wait to see Brita's reply)

What?!? Not straight to Ancient?
Kidding! Just kidding! Thanks Tam- :D And I love how you just sprung it on us. Qu'elle surprise.

And congrats to those raised to Hero- that is supremely cool.

GonzoTheGreat
07-14-2009, 03:44 PM
What?!? Not straight to Ancient?That only happens in fairy tales.

tworiverswoman
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
That only happens in fairy tales.~points and laughs!~

Terez
07-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Congrats to you too sissy....and thanks for the nod. ;) Tam took so long getting around to it this time that I felt like a common law Hero already.

Nae'blis
07-14-2009, 06:43 PM
HA! You finally gave in to the relentless nagging of the Nae'blis (who spent hours checking everyone's credentials to get this list finalized), that's all you did.

Purple Dragon
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
~coughs~
~spits out dust~
~shakes debris off scales~
~shrinks to human size~
~gets up on 2 feet~
~dusts off~
~adjusts purple leather coat~
~gets a firm grip on cane~
~turns hatbrim~

SO... now... BOW BEFORE THE GLORY THAT IS: PURPLE DRAGON!!! Younglings... KNEEL or be KNEALT!!!!!!

tanaww
07-14-2009, 06:53 PM
~coughs~
~spits out dust~
~shakes debris off scales~
~shrinks to human size~
~gets up on 2 feet~
~dusts off~
~adjusts purple leather coat~
~gets a firm grip on cane~
~turns hatbrim~

SO... now... BOW BEFORE THE GLORY THAT IS: PURPLE DRAGON!!! Younglings... KNEEL or be KNEALT!!!!!!

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. And anyone foolish enough to bow to the Danish kid gets what they deserve.

Tamyrlin
07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
~ sends Nae'blis to the corner for a time out ~

Purple Dragon
07-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. And anyone foolish enough to bow to the Danish kid gets what they deserve.

so does indeed, anyone foolish enough NOT to bow before me...

ShadowbaneX
07-14-2009, 07:35 PM
That only happens in fairy tales.

guess I was in a fairy tale...

Congrats to everyone that was Raised!

Nae'blis
07-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Lazy and a glory hog, eh?

Zanguini
07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
i refuse to kneel before anyone wearing a purple leotard

Terez
07-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Even a fairy in a purple leotard?

Zanguini
07-14-2009, 10:59 PM
hmmm... how about any man wearing a purple leotard

Sodas
07-15-2009, 12:49 AM
I appreciate your continued desire to be a part of this community of freaks. I'm a bit stressed and pulled in a variety of directions these days, but I'm around even if I'm lurking. If I missed you in this raisings, remind me, because I'm sure we missed someone. (And if this is the second time you have been raised to the same rank...email me - tamyrlin@theoryland.com).

Once again, congrats!

ELDER

Ethan al Thor
M2_K
Greatwolf
Cottillion
Anaiya
Yuri33
Cathar
Leanne
Irerancinckc
Brita
Caladanbrood
Myrelle Sedai

ANCIENT

DahLilA
Marie Curie
Kurtz
Matoyak
Nargsbrood
Oatman
Tworiverswoman
Pops
Purple Dragon
SoE
Uncle Fisty
Yaga Shura

HERO OF THE HORN

DeiwosTheSkyGod
Gonzo
Terez
Mort
YKS

Congratz to those raised.

I of course don't particularly like someone mentioned, but maybe being reborn as a Hero of the Horn will waken them up enough to realize that they now represent the Chosen of Theoryland in every post.

Terez
07-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Ha, look who is talking - I know how to let stuff go. ;) I am grumpy and generally irritable, but I'm not into vendettas.

Terez
07-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Also...(look, I'm spamming), I have represented Theoryland in various aspects for a few years now, not because I was chosen for it by the boss man, but because I am a long-winded, pushy, opinionated, and obstinate HCFF, and Tam puts up with me, just like he puts up with pretty much everybody. I am not by any means the only person on this forum with such a personality, but I am the most recent one to have endured the fire and not run screaming. Theoryland is not for the weak.

I think I remember Tam saying something in chat once about Theoryland being a 'sink or swim' kind of place (as in, the members will always be the main factor in dictating the forum dynamic). We get into some lovely flamewars over some incredibly trivial details, but as long as no one hates anyone at the end of the day, we will be alright. Conflict is just how we roll.

That being said, I do prefer nice, calm, intelligent debates to emotional ones full of cheap shots. Except for Gonzo's cheap shots. He has the art rather near perfected, I think. He usually has a good argument, but he's quite talented at hiding that in the subtleties of a language that is not even his first. It's quite impressive.

greatwolf
07-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Ha, look who is talking - I know how to let stuff go. ;) I am grumpy and generally irritable, but I'm not into vendettas.

~goes into a fit of coughing~

Congrats, Terez.

And congrats to everyone being raised. Something of a shock though.

E: does it also affect the mainboard? It seems am still a little young there.

Ishara
07-15-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday! It's a party!!

Sincere congratulations to everyone Raised! Yay everyone!

(Yay YKS!) (Yay DSG!) (Yay T!) (Yay Anaiya!) (Yay Brita!)

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday! It's a party!!

Sincere congratulations to everyone Raised! Yay everyone!

(Yay YKS!) (Yay DSG!) (Yay T!) (Yay Anaiya!) (Yay Brita!)

Can't believe I missed this yesterday...Congrats to all that were raised!!!

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
I can't believe I missed this either! I think it's been what, two years for me?

Yippee! I feel older, and wiser... :D :D :D

Thanks Tam, and congrats all! :D

EDIT: That's why I didn't notice, it still says Youngling... :(

GonzoTheGreat
07-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I can't believe I missed this either! I think it's been what, two years for me?

Yippee! I feel older, and wiser... :D :D :D

EDIT: That's why I didn't notice, it still says Youngling... :(Perhaps the wrong Spammer was raised?

Warning to all: if some Elder tries to sell fake watches, don't send any money until after you've gotten the watch.

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Perhaps the wrong Spammer was raised?

You talking about Terez? :D

yks 6nnetu hing
07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks Tam :)

congrats everyone!

Leanne
07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks Tam! :D

Congrats to everyone!

WinespringBrother
07-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Congrats to all who were raised!

Tamyrlin
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Ire - it should now be changed.

Oatman
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Wow, Ancient. I don't even remember how long I've been here for. Thanks Tam.

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Ire - it should now be changed.
Thanks bunches. :D

Crispin's Crispian
07-15-2009, 12:17 PM
~goes into a fit of coughing~

Congrats, Terez.

And congrats to everyone being raised. Something of a shock though.

E: does it also affect the mainboard? It seems am still a little young there.
lol!

Congrats to everyone raised. To the new Heroes, welcome to the club. The secrets will come in time, don't worry.

Zanguini
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
aw man i dont want to wait until i am a hero to know who killed Asmodeen, and if Lenn really flew to the moon in the belly of an eagle or if the the whole thing was filmed on a sound stage in Tanchico. I am quite impatient with this cause if if becoming a hero takes as long as becoming an elder i wont be alive.

Terez
07-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Zan, I could have sworn you were an Elder already. Perhaps Tam missed you because you took off for such a long time, lol. But Tam promises to make raisings more frequent now. He's promised that before, but maybe he will actually do it this time. :)

Sodas
07-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Yes, look who is talking, Sodas. Someone who has posted here for over 10 years, who helped found Hero's of the Horn in Guild Wars (our theoryland extention), who has been to countless RJ book signings with other members (including paying for their tickets), who has writen unexplanably long winded posts at 3 in the morning, who has lived through ASSMO (and many other insane posters), and has been proven right on some pretty huge debates that we have had here (shadowspawn through gateways, Taim is a darkfriend, etc.).

I never claim to be perfect, but I do have some perspective.

When I was a youngling, I too had issues with making debates personal. Sometimes, even when I wasn't trying to be, people thought I was attacking them. Much of it was learning not only how to post on the internet so that people understood me better -- but of learning the different personalities on this board better so as not to push them the wrong way.

Learning to be patient in debates has come in time. In fact, I still could improve. The point is that I've changed. I'm a very different poster than I was 10 years ago. I graduated from college. I got a great paying job, a beautiful family, and an active lifestyle. I can't post like I used to, but I still love WoT more than any other series. If people hadn't given me a 2nd, 3rd or maybe even 4th chance back then, I probably wouldn't still be here.

That is why you too, Terez, deserve a second chance, so long as you continue to show a desire to respect other posters.

Maybe you will brush off my advice,
maybe you will listen,

Either way, welcome as a Hero of the Horn. The past is water under the bridge if you choose it to be.

Zanguini
07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh I dont mind that i was passed over. I was gone for over a year, and Ive only been back 4 months or so. I was just poking about unknowable secrets only told to heroes. At least no one will dispute my title of Crown Prince of Younglings.

Terez
07-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Sodas, I honestly don't give a shit if you give me a second chance or not. You're not my favorite poster, and I'm not alone in being frustrated at the way you post on General - almost no one can stand to argue with you because you have reading comprehension issues that lead to massive amounts of confusion and having to repeat ourselves unnecessarily because it seems you refuse to even try to comprehend our points.

But the post you made here on this thread was just childish. I have all the raisings threads bookmarked, and no one has ever made a post like that on a raising thread before. I was nominated over a year ago on the Hero/Ancient board, which you have access to, and if you had an objection you could have said something there.

I have gotten into much worse flamewars with other people at Theoryland than I have gotten into with you, and I get along somewhat with all of them when we don't happen to be fighting about something.

Either way, welcome as a Hero of the Horn. The past is water under the bridge if you choose it to be.
Thank you.

Zan, are you claiming to be the Eldest Youngling?

Any challengers to that claim? :)

Zanguini
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
first post to the main site jun 06
first post to the msg board oct or nov 06

Nae'blis
07-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok. The correct response to this thread is 1) "thank you Tamyrlin for raising me" or 2) "congratulations." It's not to point out how you hate some of the people who got raised. That's like sending a hate card for someone's birthday. It simply shows very poor taste.

Davian93
07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Ok. The correct response to this thread is 1) "thank you Tamyrlin for raising me" or 2) "congratulations." It's not to point out how you hate some of the people who got raised. That's like sending a hate card for someone's birthday. It simply shows very poor taste.

Do they actually make "Hate" cards? That would be awesome.

As one of the people that nominated Terez, she more than deserves it and any comments against it are ludicrous at best.

Congrats again to all that were raised.

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 07:44 PM
As one of the people that nominated Terez, she more than deserves it and any comments against it are ludicrous at best.

Yeppers. :D

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeppers. :D

Did I just agree with myself?

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Did I just agree with myself?
No, I agreed with myself...

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
No, I agreed with myself...

Are you real? Am I?

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Are you real? Am I?
I'm a real'er, not a construct'er, so we both exist, now where, that's the question...

Terez
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Do they actually make "Hate" cards? That would be awesome.
Yup. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hate+cards) ;)

Thanks you, Dav/Spammer, for acknowledging my awesomemess!

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks you, Dav/Spammer, for acknowledging my awesomemess!
Now don't let it go to your head... wouldn't want you to become arrogant all of a sudden... :D

Terez
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
I know, right? Imagine what I would be like if I wasn't so humble and super-sweet!

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I know, right? Imagine what I would be like if I wasn't so humble and super-sweet!

Shudder at the thought...

Sodas
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I never said Terez shouldn't be raised, nor have I ever argued against it for a very good reason. She damn well should be raised a Hero. My opinion of her behavior, or the content of her posts, has no bearing on that at all. She has been with us long enough, is deeply part of who we are, has posted enuff hcff stuff, and taken her share of bullshite.

Terez
07-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I never said Terez shouldn't be raised, nor have I ever argued against it for a very good reason. She damn well should be raised a Hero. My opinion of her behavior, or the content of her posts, has no bearing on that at all. She has been with us long enough, is deeply part of who we are, has posted enuff hcff stuff, and taken her share of bullshite.
Then one has to wonder why you felt the need to post what you did in the raisings thread. But...

*shrug*

irerancincpkc
07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
The moral center of this board... we couldn't bare to lose that... please, fight it!

Nae'blis
07-15-2009, 08:42 PM
If I have to close a thread about raisings because people indulge in personal quarrels and attacks, I'm going to assign the unique ranks of "oaf" and "simpleton" to the parties involved. Be warned.

Also accidentally edited (and then deleted) Davian's post. Sorry about that.

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
If I have to close a thread about raisings because people indulge in personal quarrels and attacks, I'm going to assign the unique ranks of "oaf" and "simpleton" to the parties involved. Be warned.

Also accidentally edited (and then deleted) Davian's post. Sorry about that.

No problems...

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I think i might be tempted to edit dav's posts on a semiregular basis ... but i wouldnt tell him about it

Isabel
07-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Sodas, I honestly don't give a shit if you give me a second chance or not. You're not my favorite poster, and I'm not alone in being frustrated at the way you post on General - almost no one can stand to argue with you because you have reading comprehension issues that lead to massive amounts of confusion and having to repeat ourselves unnecessarily because it seems you refuse to even try to comprehend our points.

LOL, and you are saying that? While most people are frustrated about the way you post on General, and almost no one can stand to aruge with you?

greatwolf
07-16-2009, 05:40 AM

:D

Nazbaque
07-16-2009, 06:34 AM
No Ancient status for me, huh? Hmmm, should probably spend more time with the theories.

Sarevok
07-16-2009, 06:45 AM
No Ancient status for me, huh? Hmmm, should probably spend more time with the theories.
Same here I guess :(

GonzoTheGreat
07-16-2009, 06:52 AM
[ Insert appropriately condensending remark here. ]

I couldn't think of one, this time, so I'll just leave it up to you. By now, you should be able to come up with your own. If you can't, then you obviously don't deserve to be Ancients, yet.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
I think i might be tempted to edit dav's posts on a semiregular basis ... but i wouldnt tell him about it

Ouch.

Uncle Fisty
07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow, I totally missed this thread. Grats to everyone!

Terez
07-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow, I totally missed this thread.
Well, that's not surprising, seeing as how it was only posted a couple of days ago, and you're never here!

Ishara
07-16-2009, 01:11 PM
~face palm~

She means: 'thank you'.

LOL.

Terez
07-16-2009, 01:14 PM
That was my way of telling him I miss him. ;)

Ozymandias
07-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Its tough without the main page.

I guess Hero will have to wait until someone likes me enough to nominate me :(

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I will nominate you for free chicken

Tamyrlin
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
But this shit just cracks me up...hardcore my friends, hardcore...lmfao...

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
hey im still mad at you for winning that poker tourney... like you need another leather bound signed copy of the wheel of time

DahLliA
07-16-2009, 08:14 PM
woah. didn't even notice until nae'blis sent me a message O_o

feel so old now :p

grats to me and everyone else though :D

Ozymandias
07-17-2009, 12:02 AM
But this shit just cracks me up...hardcore my friends, hardcore...lmfao...

the one in charge is always amused by the antics of those beneath him scrabbling for power and respect.

now how bout that main page...

GonzoTheGreat
07-17-2009, 05:08 AM
the one in charge is always amused by the antics of those beneath him scrabbling for power and respect.

now how bout that main page...Careful, Ozymandias, or you'll find yourself come back to life in a female body. Ones in charge sometimes make up their own fun too, as you should know from the books.

Ozymandias
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Careful, Ozymandias, or you'll find yourself come back to life in a female body. Ones in charge sometimes make up their own fun too, as you should know from the books.

I've always been curious what its like to be a woman. But hey, if I do, I'll have better job protection, and in this economy, that counts for something!

Ishara
07-17-2009, 08:51 AM
How do you figure? Besides you'd lose any job super fast what with you feeling up your own self all the time! :p

Davian93
07-17-2009, 09:43 AM
How do you figure? Besides you'd lose any job super fast what with you feeling up your own self all the time! :p

Something you want to tell us Ishara?

Terez
07-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Jeez, no. We don't feel ourselves up. Well, I do, but I'm weird.

Oatman
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
I think that was more of a prediction of what a guy would do if he suddenly found himself in a female body rather than a commentary on what long time women do. All things considered, that's a damned good prediction. Is there a faction I can sign up to?

GonzoTheGreat
07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Now, if Tam does stuff Ozy into a female body, would that be a Raising or a Lowering? If the former, then it'll be a long time before it happens, I expect. However, if it is the latter then, based on the available statistics (none at all, as far as I remember), it could happen very soon indeed.

Oatman
07-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Now, if Tam does stuff Ozy into a female body, would that be a Raising or a Lowering?

Quite obviously that would be a lowering.
Now if you will excuse me, I have to run away and hide.

GonzoTheGreat
07-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Now if you will excuse me, I have to run away and hide.I understand. Been there myself, but never long, possibly for the same reason that you suddenly remembered.

Ishara
07-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I think that was more of a prediction of what a guy would do if he suddenly found himself in a female body rather than a commentary on what long time women do. All things considered, that's a damned good prediction. Is You got it...and keep running! :p

Anaiya Sedai
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
:eek: my laptop dies on me for a day and I come back to being raised :eek:
Congrats to everyone :D

*wonders if it'll take another 3 years before she gets raised again*

Crispin's Crispian
07-17-2009, 12:27 PM
*wonders if it'll take another 3 years before she gets raised again*

Maybe when the last book...er...volume comes out, everyone will be raised to Hero. It'll be just like the rapture or something.

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
"... And there will be a blast of trumpets from the Terez. And the theories will boil and predictions will give up their dead. And a New Theoryland will lower from the heavens. And Nae'blis, who sits at the right hand of the Tam, will read from the big white book of bad art. And those who have chosen the correct faction will be raised to live in the New Theoryland forever. And the Tam will select one elder to rule over the chosen Younglings who will dwell in the Non-wot board forever never to raise to the level of the New Theoryland."

-Book of Taer Chapter 14: verses 7-9

Crispin's Crispian
07-17-2009, 04:41 PM
"... And there will be a blast of trumpets from the Terez. And the theories will boil and predictions will give up their dead. And a New Theoryland will lower from the heavens. And Nae'blis, who sits at the right hand of the Tam, will read from the big white book of bad art. And those who have chosen the correct faction will be raised to live in the New Theoryland forever. And the Tam will select one elder to rule over the chosen Younglings who will dwell in the Non-wot board forever never to raise to the level of the New Theoryland."

-Book of Taer Chapter 14: verses 7-9
Holy shit that's brilliant.

Instead of the faithful church being taken up to heaven, it's the people who were right about LTT and Asmo and TAR.

Salvation through affirmation.

Belazamon
07-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Congratulations, you nerds!

I'm starting to feel like we need a level above Hero, now. ;)

GonzoTheGreat
07-18-2009, 04:13 AM
I agree, but Tam disabled the Lurker possibility.

Oatman
07-18-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm starting to feel like we need a level above Hero, now

Superhero?

Oh shit, I just remembered I'm supposed to be hiding.

Purple Dragon
07-18-2009, 09:08 AM
well done Tam, well done... i'm almost tempted to ask for a demotion, just to be a Youngling again... things was so much easier back then---

oh well... guess you can never go back!

Congrats to almost all who got raised... (i know that at least ONE account is no longer active;))

and now... something completely different...:

i'm being owed some... uhm... Pie crusts i think is the word? very well... crusts they are... i ca have my pick of they are to be for DINNER or Desserts or mixed... but i want recipies first:) so... any nice suggestions? must NOT contain FISH(shellfish or otherwise) OR onions.... so... give them up?

Belazamon
07-18-2009, 01:07 PM
i'm almost tempted to ask for a demotion, just to be a Youngling again... things was so much easier back then---Trust me, once you hit Hero, things couldn't get any easier. ;)

cathar
07-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I thought you actually had to post to get raised? I guess not, Yay I've been raised!

Sarevok
07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I thought you actually had to post to get raised? I guess not, Yay I've been raised!
I believe they're not that strict for elders. Also, you have posted some in the past.

irerancincpkc
07-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Yea, I think you posted a considerable amount on the other board, so when you add your two totals...

Zaela Sedai
07-19-2009, 10:00 PM
How the hell did i miss this?

GRATS EVERYONE :) :) :)

Matoyak
07-20-2009, 03:18 AM
How the hell did i miss this?

GRATS EVERYONE :) :) :)
I guess the same way I did?

Yay! (Huh,...on the messageboards I'm an Ancient, but in the top right/main page I'm still an Elder...)

Terez
07-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Tam is generally slow about updating titles on the main page.

Ozymandias
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Tam is generally slow about updating titles on the main page.

Given that its used once an Age, its not a huge deal. Doesn't matter if the title no one sees is ever updated

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I guess the same way I did?

Yay! (Huh,...on the messageboards I'm an Ancient, but in the top right/main page I'm still an Elder...)I just noticed that I'm a Youngling, so you're not as schizophrenic as I am.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Zan, are you claiming to be the Eldest Youngling?

I believe Bryan held that post most recently. Tam was going to start giving out custom titles, but I think only Frenzy got one.

Congrats to all who were raised. New Heros, someone will be contacting you shortly about where to send your dues. Paypal is accepted. My paypal especially....

Sarevok
07-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Tam was going to start giving out custom titles, but I think only Frenzy got one.
Well, I know Spidy has one, and I'm sure there are more, though I can't remember them right now. :(

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
According to some rumors, there's a Mistress of Novices somewhere.

Zanguini
07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Hmmm I wonder what sort of homage i should require of younger younglings.

Marie Curie 7
07-22-2009, 01:57 AM
I never had a chance before to say thanks, so....

Thanks, Tam!

Mort
07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
If I hadn't read this thread right now I wouldn't have even noticed I got raised :)

Congratz everyone and thanks Tam!

Sarevok
07-22-2009, 06:16 AM
If I hadn't read this thread right now I wouldn't have even noticed I got raised :)

Congratz everyone and thanks Tam!
You've become a HERO and didn't notice?? :confused:

Congrats, anway. :)

Mort
07-22-2009, 06:28 AM
You've become a HERO and didn't notice?? :confused:

Congrats, anway. :)

The important thing is that the Hero knows he's a hero, not that everyone else knows ;)

Thanks

GonzoTheGreat
07-22-2009, 06:35 AM
You've become a HERO and didn't notice?? :confused:Quite reasonable, actually. Neither Mat nor Perrin seem to know whether they're Heroes or not.

Terez
07-22-2009, 09:11 AM
The important thing is that the Hero knows he's a hero, not that everyone else knows ;)
Yeah, I imagine you felt just as much like a common law Hero as I did. :D

Mort
07-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I imagine you felt just as much like a common law Hero as I did. :D

Oh, there's nothing common about me. ;)

Terez
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
pssh....in case you didn't know, 'common law marriage' refers to a couple who is legally married by virtue of having cohabitated for a certain amount of time (generally 10 years). Though most states don't have it any more...

Mort
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
pssh....in case you didn't know, 'common law marriage' refers to a couple who is legally married by virtue of having cohabitated for a certain amount of time (generally 10 years). Though most states don't have it any more...

I did not know that term. Another thing to file away in my head.

Did they take it away because most relationships where a couple lived together only lasted nine years ? :D

GonzoTheGreat
07-22-2009, 12:12 PM
It's probably because the Defense Of Marriage Act does not defend this type of marriage.

Jokeslayer
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh, there's nothing common about me. ;)

I suspect there isn't much legal about Terez either, so it all balances out

Terez
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I am perfectly legal, thankyouverymuch. Well, except for the occasional herb smokage...

Zanguini
07-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I am perfectly legal, thankyouverymuch. Well, except for the occasional herb smokage...

Well... that would make you not perfectly legal.

All in all I agree with Jokeslayer

Davian93
07-22-2009, 07:41 PM

Just move to Cali since it will be legal there soon enough. ANd once they legalized it, other states will follow. VT came damn close to decriminalizing it this year but the vote went against it 45-55 or something like that. Still, its a good sign of things to come. The huge key is getting the Fed Gov't to take it off the Drug Schedule because until that happens, the State's legalization doesn't mean much as Fed Law supercedes State Laws.

Zaela Sedai
07-25-2009, 04:19 PM
According to some rumors, there's a Mistress of Novices somewhere.

Yeah... one who seems to miss a ton of shite lately LMAO

hippie-joe
07-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Just move to Cali since it will be legal there soon enough. ANd once they legalized it, other states will follow. VT came damn close to decriminalizing it this year but the vote went against it 45-55 or something like that. Still, its a good sign of things to come. The huge key is getting the Fed Gov't to take it off the Drug Schedule because until that happens, the State's legalization doesn't mean much as Fed Law supercedes State Laws.

actually obama made a public statement saying that the fed gov wont interfere with state legislature on that matter. so if the state says it's ok then dea will stay away. now that really only matters for as long as he is in office so no telling what'll happen after the next election or 2. he did how ever at the same time give more authority to the irs, so if you're makin lots of money as a dealer, better find a good excuse for your extra bread.

Kurtz
08-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Much obliged Tamyrlin

*doffs cap*

Terez
08-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Thar he be!

Yer Aes Sedai done gone and got her another Warder, you been gone so long...

Kurtz
08-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Thar he be!

Yer Aes Sedai done gone and got her another Warder, you been gone so long...

I only ever wanted her to be happy

Terez
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
You're such a schmuck.

Kurtz
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
You're such a schmuck.

Kick a man when he's down Terez.

For shame.

Zaela Sedai
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
she is a Green i hope?

GonzoTheGreat
08-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Kick a man when he's down Terez.By far the best time to do it.

For shame.Terez? Shame?
Interesting combination, I have to say.

1Powerslave
09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Raisins? I love raisins! Eat them every day for my breakfast cereals. People say I pronounce them wrong though.

Yuri33
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
It's been a while since I been by TL, but with the new book out, I figured it would be a good time to check in. Imagine my surprise to learn I had been raised. Congrats to everyone who raised as well, and thanks to Tam for remembering me!

Terez
10-28-2009, 09:27 PM
WB Yuri! We were arguing heatedly about something when you left but I can't remember what it was for some reason.

BTW, we have another med student here now (Abbey Road).

Yuri33
10-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I think it was something about barrier degradation or something having to do with Cads, but I don't remember it being "heated" :)

Heh, I'm no med student any more...

Sarevok
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I think it was something about barrier degradation or something having to do with Cads, but I don't remember it being "heated" :)

Heh, I'm no med student any more...
Congrats doctor(?)

Zanguini
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
hmmm I dont know if I consider Interns Doctors... probably not... Residents are just barely doctors.

then again i really dont consider a doctor a doctor untill they have paid off their student loans or spent more time being a doctor than they have going to school to be a doctor.

Yuri33
10-30-2009, 12:38 AM
then again i really dont consider a doctor a doctor untill they have paid off their student loans or spent more time being a doctor than they have going to school to be a doctor.

Well, by your first criteria, I'm a doctor, as I have no loans to pay off. But by your second criteria, I have a looooong way to go.

Doctor^2 Yuri33