PDA

View Full Version : Abject nom-nomity

Ivhon
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Dinner for the evening:

chicken breasts baked under breadcrumbs, provolone, apples, on-yons and topped with a loverly sweet pecan sauze..

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I made strip steaks with corn on the cob and some garlic/butter potatoes.

And I opened a really good bottle of Riesling I bought a while back...very tasty. Why yes, I'm tipsy right now.

Brita
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Ooooh- delicious to both!

For my family: Dairy Queen Drive-Thru. Due to stupid work...

Davian93
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Ooooh- delicious to both!

For my family: Dairy Queen Drive-Thru. Due to stupid work...

Mmm...Dairy Queen.

Jalyn
07-15-2009, 08:22 PM
People! I'm trying to get by on the burger I had for lunch because I'm too lazy to cook. Don't make me hungry.

I do have a vodka limeaid though .

vandevere
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Both of those sound yummy!

Quit trying to make me hungry!

StrangePackage
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Three cheese ravioli in a pesto cream sauce with spinach and feta chicken sausage.

Sei'taer
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
chicken pesto alfredo with garlic knots and a lovely belgian red ale. I had a bowl full of dibs for dessert.

Edit: Just had to add in here, since I'm pretty tipsy, Chimay is the bestest beer I ever dranked.

Terez
07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I just made eggs, bacon, ham cooked in the bacon grease, tater tots, and biscuits. Yum.

StrangePackage
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Not enough pork in your dinner, Terez. You should have fried a pork chop wrapped in proscutto in the bacon/ham drippings.

Terez
07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Well, I was cooking for me and my mom and there were only 4 pieces of bacon, and since we've been living off grilled cheese sandwiches (the real kind!) for a couple of days now, I figured we needed some more meat, and all we had was ham - the thin-sliced deli kind that's not really appropriate for anything but sandwiches...unless you cook it in bacon grease. :D

Jalyn
07-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, I was cooking for me and my mom and there were only 4 pieces of bacon, and since we've been living off grilled cheese sandwiches (the real kind!) for a couple of days now, I figured we needed some more meat, and all we had was ham - the thin-sliced deli kind that's not really appropriate for anything but sandwiches...unless you cook it in bacon grease. :D

But. Why weren't the eggs and the tater tots cooked in the bacon grease? I don't understand.

Oh wait. There were only 4 pieces. So, you fried the eggs and tater tots in butter, right?

Terez
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
But. Why weren't the eggs and the tater tots cooked in the bacon grease? I don't understand.

Oh wait. There were only 4 pieces. So, you fried the eggs and tater tots in butter, right?
Tater tots in olive oil, eggs in butter. And the reason why is because some things would have gotten cold if I'd cooked everything in the bacon grease...

Davian93
07-16-2009, 06:31 AM
chicken pesto alfredo with garlic knots and a lovely belgian red ale. I had a bowl full of dibs for dessert.

Edit: Just had to add in here, since I'm pretty tipsy, Chimay is the bestest beer I ever dranked.

Chimay is pretty good...though it is an acquired taste. Were you drinking the Grand Reserve? or one of the ones that's only $10 a bottle instead? All 3 that I've had are pretty good.

Sei'taer
07-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Chimay is pretty good...though it is an acquired taste. Were you drinking the Grand Reserve? or one of the ones that's only $10 a bottle instead? All 3 that I've had are pretty good.

Grand reserve...I didn't know they made a $10 bottle.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Grand reserve...I didn't know they made a $10 bottle.

IIRC, they have the blue label one, the red label one, and the cream/white label one. I can't recall which is which but the Grand is the highest and the other two are slightly cheaper. I used to get it occasionally at the speciality distributer that was down the street from my old place. They had an awesome selection of foreign beers, craft brews and other micro brews there.

I'm still on a Stout kick right now so if I'm drinking beer its usually Murphy's Stout (my personal favorite)

Ishara
07-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Mmmm.

I had dinner with my parents yesterday (who just got back from Greece), so we had greek salad, grilled chicken, brown rice and green beans. Yummy.

I made myself an excellent greek salad for lunch today as well. No lettuce (obviously), light on the green peppers and heavy on the feta.

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Subway
Chipotle steak
chedder, chipotle, ranch, lettuce, pickles, salt, pepper

fairy had
philly steak
bananana peppers, oil, vinegar

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I love me some Subway.

Club with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, green peppers, salt and pepper, honey mustard, with American cheese.

Less than 8 grams of fat, and it doesn't taste like behind!

They have other good stuff, too. I guess, I just love sammiches.

mmmm, sammich.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
On account of the fact that I had to get a Rubella vaccination and it made me sick, we had Taco Hell for dinner. It'll be Spicy Turkey Chili for dinner tonight.

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Can anyone tell me why Taco Bell decided to take Spicey Chicken off the menu?

Spicey Chicken Burritos were the shiznit.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Uh, you're in the wrong state? They're here, dude.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Must be like the McRibb sandwich...that thing was great until they cancelled it...though apparently its still available almost anywhere in the Deep South/Texas. Unfair.

My most annoying moment was when I went through a BK drivethrough about a year back and ordered an Enormous breakfast sandwich only to be told "we don't carry that anymore". The Enormous and Meatnormous were both fantastic breakfast sandwiches and the only reason I ever went to BK. Now, if I want fastfood breakfast, I get a Mcdonalds Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel...a decent sandwich but one that is inferior to the greatness that was the Enormous.

Crispin's Crispian
07-16-2009, 10:37 AM
They took it off the menu here, too, dammit. That was one of my only reasons for going to Taco Hell. Though, I would never have thought of going to Taco Bell because I was sick. It's vice versa, I'd say.

We had Indian take out last night:

Chicken makhani (chicken cooked in a delicious butter-cream sauce)
Navaratan Koorma (something like nine different vegetables cooked in a yogurt sauce)
...plus pakoras and naan.

Great food, but you always feel a little sick and guilty afterwards.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Just couldn't muster the energy to cook, Crispy. I was running a fever. Still am, I think. And Bryan's not allowed to cook.

Terez
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Starting to get down to condiments in my fridge, but now I'm eating broccoli and cheese. That is, steam-in-the-bag broccoli, and I sliced up some monterey/colby to melt on it (along with butter, of course). Yum.

Crispin's Crispian
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Just couldn't muster the energy to cook, Crispy. I was running a fever. Still am, I think. And Bryan's not allowed to cook.
OK, in that case I'm with you 100%. Taco Bell is fast and tasty...and cheap too, which I always like. ;)

Gilshalos Sedai
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Exactly. Though we both tend to pay for it the next day.

Terez
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
If I go to taco bell, I get soft tacos supreme, or nachos bell grande, or a chicken quesadilla. It's not bad, really. Every now and then, though, I get nasty tomatoes or something. But it's fast, cheap food - those people don't make enough money for me to expect perfection.

Uncle Fisty
07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
So tonight is my night to cook. Peppered new york strip steak with steamed broccoli and twice baked potatoes. Drink of choice: Yellow Tail Shiraz. Dinner will be glorious!:D

tanaww
07-16-2009, 10:47 AM
One of the cool things about the PNW (besides the fact I live here ;) ) is super cheap seafood. We got half a dozen huge miyagi oysters and slapped them on the grill as an appetizer before indulging in some grilled burgers and fresh cucumbers.

Oysters with rooster sauce are awesome, may I say?

Tonight depends on what the produce delivery inspires me to do.

Terez
07-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Sounds good Fisty, but I don't understand why people like NY strip steaks. Ribeyes are so much better!

Oysters are nasty. Yeah, we got them here too. I don't care.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 10:48 AM
So tonight is my night to cook. Peppered new york strip steak with steamed broccoli and twice baked potatoes. Drink of choice: Yellow Tail Shiraz. Dinner will be glorious!:D

Copycat...I had almost the same meal last night.

On Taco Bell, I inevitably just order a bunch of soft-shell tacos when I go there (usually 6-7). Its cheap and tasty...and maybe $5-6...can't beat it.

Uncle Fisty
07-16-2009, 10:55 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/fistandantilus01/copycat.jpg
:p

tanaww
07-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds good Fisty, but I don't understand why people like NY strip steaks. Ribeyes are so much better!

Oysters are nasty. Yeah, we got them here too. I don't care.

I prefer ribeyes but we have been going more with strip steaks because they're leaner. And, T? Even the Great Khan eats oysters. Seriously.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I prefer ribeyes but we have been going more with strip steaks because they're leaner. And, T? Even the Great Khan eats oysters. Seriously.

I much prefer a good filet over either. I'd rather have a 6-8 oz filet over a 12-16 oz strip steak/ribeye.

Though the Strip steaks I cooked were pretty good 1"+ thick ones and were quite tender since I cooked them a hair under Medium...Mmmm.

John Snow
07-16-2009, 11:22 AM
One of the cool things about the PNW (besides the fact I live here ;) ) is super cheap seafood.

Two more things I remember fondly from my days there.....Ballard Docks, during salmon season, 5am on Thursdays - you could go down there & buy salmon from the guy or gal who caught it, right off the boat.

Second, one word - geoduck. Would you believe it makes great sashimi? But the usual methods work well too. Only problem, a counter full of geoduck is a sight from which you want to avert children's eyes. Or if you have large stores of patience, you could go to a good beach - Vashon Island used to be pretty good - and dig those suckers up. And dig. and dig.

Terez
07-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I much prefer a good filet over either.
Well duh. But strips and ribeyes generally cost about the same per oz. so it's a better comparison. You're getting into apples/oranges territory.

But I guess the 'leaner' bit is a reason. I try not to give a shit about such things.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Well duh. But strips and ribeyes generally cost about the same per oz. so it's a better comparison. You're getting into apples/oranges territory.

But I guess the 'leaner' bit is a reason. I try not to give a shit about such things.

Ahh, but if you're only getting a 6 oz filet instead of a 16 oz Strip/Ribeye, the cost equals out essentially.

Terez
07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Ahh, but if you're only getting a 6 oz filet instead of a 16 oz Strip/Ribeye, the cost equals out essentially.
That really depends on how hungry you are.

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Terez, once again, you can be, and are, wrong.

The New York Strip is the ultimate cut of beef. It's leaner than a ribeye, with less marbling, but still maintains a hearty, robust flavor.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
That really depends on how hungry you are.

I'd rather have a great tasting filet than a merely above-average tasting Strip. When I went to the store last night, they were out of filets so I sacrificed with good strip steaks...

Besides, you have sides with the meal anyway, and in my case usually a salad before the main course.

And good strip steak (wet aged) is fantastic...better than good ribeye IMHO.

Terez
07-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Terez, once again, you can be, and are, wrong.

The New York Strip is the ultimate cut of beef. It's leaner than a ribeye, with less marbling, but still maintains a hearty, robust flavor.
Meh, I don't like it. But then, I have a thing for fat. And bacon grease. I blame my parents.

Ishara
07-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Ugh. I saw geoduck for the first time on Iron Chef - yuck!

FYI, my salad was crunchy perfection.

Terez
07-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Salads are awesome too. But often not as healthy as they pretend to be.

Ishara
07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah, although people who can't determine that sugared nuts are not healthy even if they are on leafy goodness are dumber than dirt.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Salads are awesome too. But often not as healthy as they pretend to be.

I try to make somewhat healthy salads but I am under no misimpression that a salad is really a "healthy" snack.

My typical pre-dinner salad course will consist of

spinach or arugula (sometimes both)
alfalfa sprouts
cucumbers (sliced)
tomatoes (either cherry or one whole diced tomato)
sliced mushrooms
sharp cheddar (the bag kind you get at the grocery store)
parmesan cheese
hard-boiled eggs (if I have time/motivation to boil them)

I usually use either a Balsamic type dressing or sometimes one of those Oriental type specialty flavors...can't think of it as my brain is fried right now.

Terez
07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
uggggh, sugared nuts on salad? *barf*

I was thinking more bacon and ham and boiled egg and fatty salad dressings. Oh, and croutons.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
uggggh, sugared nuts on salad? *barf*

I was thinking more bacon and ham and boiled egg and fatty salad dressings. Oh, and croutons.

nuts on salad period is disgusting.

I do like cooked bacon on salads though.

A Cobb Salad is usually awesome.

Ishara
07-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Seriously? A spinach salad with pecans, strawberries and tangerine bits is so good!!!

Sei'taer
07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I like a strip, porterhouse, blade, and ribeye, in that order pretty much. I like a good filet now and then but I'll go for the others first normally. On special occasions I get prime rib, but I like my steaks rare and usually prime rib is hard to get rare and tender without most of it being fat...not that I don't like the fat (I eat it...my wife thinks I'm nasty) but I ordered meat and thats what I want the most.

I loved geoduck both times I ate it. Once it was grilled with an avacado sauce and once it was fried like calamari.

Birgitte
07-16-2009, 02:56 PM
At work, we have a Southern Fried Chicken Salad. It's romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, honey mustard, half a boiled egg and fried chicken on top. And people order it to be "healthy."

Davian93
07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
At work, we have a Southern Fried Chicken Salad. It's romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, honey mustard, half a boiled egg and fried chicken on top. And people order it to be "healthy."

In other news, people are stupid. ;)

Terez
07-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm eating a yummy not-healthy salad right now: romaine with chopped up ham, red onions, croutons, and caesar dressing, topped with Italian cheese blend. Yum.

the silent speaker
07-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I plan on rice inna bag with tuna that I mix in. Y'all with your froufrou cheffery just confuse me.

tanaww
07-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Tonight's menu at Chez Tana is the aforementioned New York Strip Steaks marinated and grilled to perfection alongside oysters on the half-shell (grilled) and accompanied by tossed salad thanks to my produce delivery service.

DahLliA
07-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I had something called "hakk", directly translated to "chop".

basically you boil ground meat and potatoes and throw an onion in there. then some salt and pepper and you're good(don't go overkill on the water though. it's supposed to be much drier than soup)

Sei'taer
07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
tonight was pan seared smoked pork chops marinated in a little dales sauce and other spices, boiled cabbage and blackeyed peas with buttered slices bread for soppin. Also have pepper sauce for the peas and cabbage...mmmmmm tasty.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I went super fancy...aka Subway.

12" Italian BMT...with a bag of salt and vinegar chips.

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM
A fried mozzarella caprese salad with beefsteak tomato, basil, and a honey balsamic reduction to start.

Followed by a 12 oz sirloin, Country fried with black pepper gravy, smoked cheddar scalloped potatoes, and fried okra.

It was even awesomer than it sounds.

Zaela Sedai
07-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I"m hungry now...I had 4 eggwhites and one yolk...with one piece of cheese on top.

I had the Taco Bell grilled chicken burrito for dinner yesterday....89 cents of pure bliss!

Terez
07-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Me and Marie are about to eat ribeyes, potato salad, and regular salad (iceberg with croutons, bacon pieces, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and cheese!). Yum.

Ishara
07-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Blech. Hate iceberg.

I had another amazing greek salad yesterday. Love feta. Oh, and cheap pizza and a chardonnay. LOL.

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 08:13 AM
We had Sonic...

Chicken club for me

popcorn chicken for her

we both had tots

Terez
07-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Blech. Hate iceberg.
I like it fine enough. I had romaine, but Marie doesn't like it. ;)

Now, time for the breakfast of champions...coffee!

Brita
07-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Mmmmmm- coffee......

Davian93
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
We had Sonic...

Chicken club for me

popcorn chicken for her

we both had tots

Sonic!?!

You bastard!

Wish I had a Sonic nearby.

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
I will reject your coffee and raise you a vienna creame pastry

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Sonic!?!

You bastard!

Wish I had a Sonic nearby.

There are 5 within 15 miles of my house ... the nearest is two blocks down two blocks over

Terez
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
I will reject your coffee and raise you a vienna creame pastry
Well, I decided to cook cream cheese cinnamon rolls also.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-17-2009, 08:53 AM
There's one right outside my subdivision. Of course, if they ever get our order right 100% of the time, it'll be one of the signs of the impending Armageddon, but hey, it's Sonic.

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah they got our order wrong... forgot the ranch sauce for the chicken

Brita
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah they got our order wrong... forgot the ranch sauce for the chicken

Zanguini, I just thought I would mention, in this apprpriate thread, that your name sounds like a type of pasta.

Mmmmm....Zanguini....

Crispin's Crispian
07-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Last night was probably one of the oddest meals I've had in a while. That's what happens when you have tons of leftovers that need to be eaten.

Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken pizza with red peppers
Buffalo chicken strips
Chicken and veggie pakoras
A mixture of chicken makhani and navratan koorma
fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and bananas

and a glass of cabernet.

It was like schizophrenic multi-cultural dim sum.

Ishara
07-17-2009, 10:25 AM
T, what are cream cheese cinnamon rolls? They sound freaking delicious!

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Mmmmm....Zanguini....
only fairy is allowed to say that ...
and the closest meaning to zanguini i can find is blood oath.

in reality it was a name given to me by a lush who was drunk and said i looked like a zanguini... when i asked him he said he didnt know what a zanguini looked like but i looked like one.... drunken logic... cure to all ails

Crispin's Crispian
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I assume cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. And yes...freaking delicious.

And I like how T says she just "cooked" them, like it was an afterthought. Maybe they were already baked? ;)

Brita
07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
I assume cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. And yes...freaking delicious.

And I like how T says she just "cooked" them, like it was an afterthought. Maybe they were already baked? ;)

Or maybe they were Pillsbury...

DeiwosTheSkyGod
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I could probably eat a tube of those Pillsbury ones in one sitting, no problem.

Brita
07-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I could probably eat a tube of those Pillsbury ones in one sitting, no problem.

I know right? Pillsbury anything for me: croissants, bisquits, cookies, cinnamon buns...

Mmmmm.....Pillsbury....

DeiwosTheSkyGod
07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Those biscuits that peel off... gawhd I love those. Pillsbury doesn't mess around.

Uncle Fisty
07-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Speaking of Pillsbury biscuits, I recommend everyone try this recipe (http://bluebonnetsandbrownies.com/index.php?/archives/8-Pluck-It-Cake.html). Abject nom-nomity indeed, it is delicious!

StrangePackage
07-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Those biscuits that peel off... gawhd I love those. Pillsbury doesn't mess around.

.... Isn't it enough you damnyankees won the Civil War, now you have to insult us Southrons by claiming to love some of the most gawdawful "biscuits" in creation? I mean, it's a semi-edible post-it pad, nothing more.

I mean, for feck sake, you don't even have biscuits in the breakfast options at McDonalds (not that those are great biscuits, but they put Pillsbury to shame). You don't know any better!

I'll share this with you, for your own sake, as well as mine-

Mary B's Fresh Bake Biscuits.

Davian93
07-18-2009, 10:46 AM
.... Isn't it enough you damnyankees won the Civil War, now you have to insult us Southrons by claiming to love some of the most gawdawful "biscuits" in creation? I mean, it's a semi-edible post-it pad, nothing more.

I mean, for feck sake, you don't even have biscuits in the breakfast options at McDonalds (not that those are great biscuits, but they put Pillsbury to shame). You don't know any better!

I'll share this with you, for your own sake, as well as mine-

Mary B's Fresh Bake Biscuits.

Best bisquits are at Popeyes...When I was at an overseas location the local PX shed had a Burgerking/Popeyes and they used the Popeyes bisquits for the breakfast sandwiches instead of the standard BK ones...spectacular bisquits. The key to bisquits is to never short on the butter and shortening and to have them fresh.

StrangePackage
07-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Popeye's ain't bad. Hardees are better. Bojangles are best.

But at least you're in the right area.

DSG is in another time zone.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-20-2009, 08:04 AM
The South will rise again, SP?

And, no. I couldn't resist.

StrangePackage
07-20-2009, 08:18 AM

And, no. I couldn't resist.

They keep treating our biscuits this way, and we may have no choice.

tanaww
07-20-2009, 08:22 AM
They keep treating our biscuits this way, and we may have no choice.

So what you're saying is that we are on the brink of a U.S. Civil War of Pastry? The South being led by Emeril Lagasse and Paula Deen and the North by Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence?

This could be AWESOME!

Davian93
07-20-2009, 08:25 AM
So what you're saying is that we are on the brink of a U.S. Civil War of Pastry? The South being led by Emeril Lagasse and Paula Deen and the North by Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence?

This could be AWESOME!

I smell a new episode of Throwdown!

tanaww
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
I smell a new episode of Throwdown!

At the very least, Bobby and Tyler accompanied by a bunch of blue-haired Northern ladies take on Emeril, Paula and their genteel Southern Belles in an epic battle in Kitchen Stadium!

Zanguini
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
didnt they do that already...?
wasnt it paula and mario against flay and matsumoto?

tanaww
07-20-2009, 08:46 AM
didnt they do that already...?
wasnt it paula and mario against flay and matsumoto?

I have not seen an Iron Chef Biscuit. I have seen a Paula v. Bobby episode and a Giada/Bobby vs. Mario and Rachael Ray episode.

Frankly I think the most intimidating chef there might be Matsaharu Morimoto but when I win the lottery, he'll be flown in to make sushi for the party ;)

Besides, we all know that the older women are the essential competitors in Battle: Biscuit because who makes better biscuits than your granny? (and most women I know that are closer to my age find them too much work. Apparently a pastry blender's a bit scary. As for me, I'm forbidden to use a rolling pin because it makes me cuss too much. Biscuits are normally okay, but when it comes to sugar cookies it gets colorful - and don't even get me started on lefse)

Davian93
07-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I've been to Morimoto's restaurant in Philly and his other one in N. Virginia. Awesome food at both.

Brita
07-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Well, I'm Canadian. We know our coffee and our beer...

Biscuits, probably not so much....

Gilshalos Sedai
07-20-2009, 09:18 AM
I make an awsome pizza dough. haven't tried biscuits, yet, though. Perhaps that will be my next aspiration.

tanaww
07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I make an awsome pizza dough. haven't tried biscuits, yet, though. Perhaps that will be my next aspiration.

Here's how you do it... First you open the can. Then you whack it on the counter...

Gilshalos Sedai
07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but that's just pillsbury crap. I'm talking genuine Southern biscuits.

Ivhon
07-20-2009, 11:03 AM
*mutters conspiratorily* Butter, Gil......butter.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
No shit, Sherlock.

Ivhon
07-20-2009, 11:07 AM
No shit, Sherlock.

IM JUST TRYING TO HELP!!!!

jeez

Ishara
07-20-2009, 11:12 AM
I still want a cream cheese cinnamon roll recipe!

Crispin's Crispian
07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, are we talking biscuits, or yeast rolls?

Crispin's Crispian
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I still want a cream cheese cinnamon roll recipe!
Here:

Make a normal cinnamon roll recipe, and once you get it in the oven...

Instead of a regular powdered sugar glaze, use cream cheese to make a frosting. I don't have the exact measurements at work, but it's pretty easy.

Dump two 8 oz cream cheese boxes (softened to room temperature) into your mixer and beat them on medium till they're creamy.

Mix in a teaspoon of vanilla.

Turn down the mixer, and add confectioner's sugar by the half cup until it reaches the desired consistency and sweetness.

Let the rolls sit for a few minutes out of the oven, then spread the frosting mix on while still warm.

FAQ, I'm getting hungry now.

Ishara
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Dude. Sounds delicious! Maybe I will use Pillsbury cinnamon rolls? ;)

tanaww
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
I honestly wonder if buttermilk isn't the key to great biscuits. I shall have to try.

Pillsbury, Ishara? Really? Did your local Timmy's close? Why bake them yourself (my thing with baking my own treats is that then there are more than one for me to eat. This is bad.)

Ishara
07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Ewww. No.

Tim Horton's is good for coffee and donuts. I do not go to Timmy's for my other bakery needs. In fact, I think I will make my own a la Pioneer Woman (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/). Nom.

tanaww
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
You are evil. Now I want to make those too. Bring me a pan full and a cup of Timmy's. In exchange I will give you two GGK books, a steak dinner and my undying gratitude.

~hugs~

Gilshalos Sedai
07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Holy crap. I'll bet the house smells wonderful after making those!

Crispin's Crispian
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Ohh...with the maple and the coffee. I'm sooo making that glaze next time.

Ishara
07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
You are evil. Now I want to make those too. Bring me a pan full and a cup of Timmy's. In exchange I will give you two GGK books, a steak dinner and my undying gratitude. Sounds like the best plan EVAR.

tanaww
07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Sounds like the best plan EVAR.
/agree. SeaTac is the airport :) Lemme know :)

Marie Curie 7
07-22-2009, 01:41 PM
I like it fine enough. I had romaine, but Marie doesn't like it. ;)

Well, I'll eat it if there's no other option...I just hate those big ribs in the romaine. :) Like, right now I'm having a roast beef sandwich with blue cheese spread on ciabatta (mmm), with tomatoes, red onions, and romaine. So I opened up the sandwich and broke the ribs off the romaine and put the leafy parts back on...

Anyway, we had some yummy crab dip in Charleston, too. Nom. :)