PDA

View Full Version : Soldier won't ship out, cuz Obama isn't the President.

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/776335.html?pageNum=3&commentSort=TimeStampAscending&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

And it's 1, 2, 3, what're we fighting for?

A certificate of live birth!

Next stop: Levinworth

Gilshalos Sedai
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
That's a new excuse.

irerancincpkc
07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Somebody is getting their fifteen minutes of fame...

Terez
07-16-2009, 11:47 AM
You lawyers can come up with some wacky shit sometimes.

tanaww
07-16-2009, 11:51 AM
He probably won't go to Leavenworth but a Bad Conduct or at the very least Other than Honorable discharge is likely. As a Major, he's invested some time in the service and his idiotic antics just cost him his retirement.

However, I am amused at the lengths some Reservists will go to in order to avoid their contractual obligations. 1SG has a sign above his coffee pot (he is an Active Guard Reservist meaning the Army Reserve is his full-time employer) that says "What the fuck am I doing here? I only joined for the college money!" That's how a lot of people see it until the mobilization orders show up.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 11:54 AM
He probably won't go to Leavenworth but a Bad Conduct or at the very least Other than Honorable discharge is likely. As a Major, he's invested some time in the service and his idiotic antics just cost him his retirement.

However, I am amused at the lengths some Reservists will go to in order to avoid their contractual obligations. 1SG has a sign above his coffee pot (he is an Active Guard Reservist meaning the Army Reserve is his full-time employer) that says "What the fuck am I doing here? I only joined for the college money!" That's how a lot of people see it until the mobilization orders show up.

What an ass. Kick him out with a Bad Conduct, take his retirement and gov't service time (so he's screwed if he ever tried to get a Fed job (though the BCD would prevent that thankfully). You are not allowed to have political opinions as a soldier, get over it and quit beyotching. Screw him and his whiny Reservist arse. I freaking hate whiny Reservists/Guardies...they never think they'll actually have to do the "duty" part of their enlistment...just milk Uncle Sam for free stuff and an excuse to go get drunk once a month with a bunch of buddies at "drill".

Clarification to Tana: I was specifically bashing the whiny reservists, not reservists in general. The same ones you were bashing.

tanaww
07-16-2009, 12:12 PM
What an ass. Kick him out with a Bad Conduct, take his retirement and gov't service time (so he's screwed if he ever tried to get a Fed job (though the BCD would prevent that thankfully). You are not allowed to have political opinions as a soldier, get over it and quit beyotching. Screw him and his whiny Reservist arse. I freaking hate whiny Reservists/Guardies...they never think they'll actually have to do the "duty" part of their enlistment...just milk Uncle Sam for free stuff and an excuse to go get drunk once a month with a bunch of buddies at "drill".

Clarification to Tana: I was specifically bashing the whiny reservists, not reservists in general. The same ones you were bashing.

Right. I agree with you. It's the whiny bitches that give the good reservists a bad name. It's a touchy subject though because we just came from a year at USASMA (aka Remedial Kindergarten) where you have the REAL ARMY and the Army Reserve. You know because 1SG doesn't deploy with them and work right along side the AC and they can't really tell the difference on the ground.

Another example is my nephew who just got out of the AC after serving four years with the 101st Airborne. He's out of the Army now "thank god" according to him and most of the rest of his family. He joined the Army Reserve. Apparently that's not the Army.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Right. I agree with you. It's the whiny bitches that give the good reservists a bad name. It's a touchy subject though because we just came from a year at USASMA (aka Remedial Kindergarten) where you have the REAL ARMY and the Army Reserve. You know because 1SG doesn't deploy with them and work right along side the AC and they can't really tell the difference on the ground.

Another example is my nephew who just got out of the AC after serving four years with the 101st Airborne. He's out of the Army now "thank god" according to him and most of the rest of his family. He joined the Army Reserve. Apparently that's not the Army.

My "brother-in-law" is a guardie. He is currently in Basic and he writes these whiny letters complaining about how tough the Drill Sergeants are and how they shouldn't be treated so harshly as they are mostly Reservists/Guard members in his Platoon. I mean, we're only National Guard, right?...not real army.

I simply laughed when my fiancee read me the letter. This kid is gonna be a combat medic at some point in the near future....~shudders~

tanaww
07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
My "brother-in-law" is a guardie. He is currently in Basic and he writes these whiny letters complaining about how tough the Drill Sergeants are and how they shouldn't be treated so harshly as they are mostly Reservists/Guard members in his Platoon. I mean, we're only National Guard, right?...not real army.

I simply laughed when my fiancee read me the letter. This kid is gonna be a combat medic at some point in the near future....~shudders~

Someone needs to do that kid a favor and explain to him how fast he'll get cross-leveled and deploy when he's done with AIT ;) Does he understand the alert status of his Guard Unit? He does understand that the ARMY part of ARMY National Guard means he's in the ARMY? National Guard is the worst of part-time IMO. Like Top says "It takes an act of Congress to get me to work." Guardsmen are also the Governor's bitch. Have fun with those sandbags.

That's almost as funny as when Squidward went Gavy after High School. He was going to be a corpsman and work in a hospital. He wasn't going to deploy. He ended up spending seven months in Haditha with the door-kickers (that's deployed with the Marines to you civilian types). He's been on some pleasure trips elsewhere also. Not to mention that he's attached to the USMC at Pendleton so he spends as much time in the field as at the TMC. He's over it now.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Someone needs to do that kid a favor and explain to him how fast he'll get cross-leveled and deploy when he's done with AIT ;) Does he understand the alert status of his Guard Unit? He does understand that the ARMY part of ARMY National Guard means he's in the ARMY? National Guard is the worst of part-time IMO. Like Top says "It takes an act of Congress to get me to work." Guardsmen are also the Governor's bitch. Have fun with those sandbags.

That's almost as funny as when Squidward went Gavy after High School. He was going to be a corpsman and work in a hospital. He wasn't going to deploy. He ended up spending seven months in Haditha with the door-kickers (that's deployed with the Marines to you civilian types). He's been on some pleasure trips elsewhere also. Not to mention that he's attached to the USMC at Pendleton so he spends as much time in the field as at the TMC. He's over it now.

His Guard Unit activates in Oct for Afghanistan and ships out in January (if not sooner). If he's not done with his AIT by then, he'll be a follow on deployment I believe. He'll figure it out rather quickly at that point.

tanaww
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
His Guard Unit activates in Oct for Afghanistan and ships out in January (if not sooner). If he's not done with his AIT by then, he'll be a follow on deployment I believe. He'll figure it out rather quickly at that point.

I would think so.

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I did a little more digging, and found out that this guy spoke to his 'lawyer' (I thought the California Bar was hard, but apparently dentists who get tired of med-mal suits can attend non-accredited law schools online in California and then sit for their bar) about a class action suit, thenn requested deployment, and when his orders came in, he had the dentist file suit.

She's apparently the Queen Bee of Birferstan.

Sei'taer
07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
This brings up a question. I don't want anyone to think I'm saying he's not a citizen...as much as I hate the guy, he's a citizen. Let's say they have this trial, pull BO's records and he's not. What does it say in the rulebook about handling this kind of situation? Do the bills he signed have to be passed all over again? Does it Biden move up? Just a curiosity kind of thing and I don't find anything online that addresses it.

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
You cant sue the government or a member of the government while in government employee. I dont even see how this can even go to court.

sei... I imagine there would be an impeachment and he would be forced out of office for lying on his application. Biden would then become President and it would be up to him if he nominated a vice president. Of course he could become president and then turn right around and nominate Obama as veep

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
This trial will never make it past the preliminary hearings- it'll be over so fast, if you blink, you'll miss it.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Uh.. if he's impeached for not being a born citizen, then Biden can't nominate him Veep.

Just saying.

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
hmmm your right... shrug

I know madylyn albright was held out of the succession because she was not born here but, she was still able to retain her office. But I think that is the highest office an un-natural born citizen can achieve in the united states.

Sinistrum
07-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Heh, that's almost as good as the soldiers who refused to ship out to Iraq because it was "an illegal war," whatever the hell that means. In both cases, the soldiers involved are fucking retarded.

Yellowbeard
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
There was actually a lawsuit challenging BO's citizenship before this. It was thrown out. BO originally wouldn't/couldn't produce his original Hawaii birth certificate at first when asked about it (did eventually). It lead to lots of speculation because of his foreign father, and how much travel his parents did, to the effect of suspicions that BO wasn't natural born.

Hawaii eventually opened up it's archives and produced the birth certificate. It apparently had some issues and some claimed it was fabricated. Upon further examination, most of the BC's from the hospital at the time of birth had the exact same issues.

I also saw a copy of a Hawaii newspaper printed around BO's birthday that had an annoucement to the effect "BO was born to (whatever his parent's names are, I forget) at such and such hospital on (whatever his birthday is, again I forget).

You can see a copy of the birth certificate here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html

This site also purports to show the referenced items above, both BC and newspaper announcement. If he'd been born in Kenya as is alleged, chances are the newspaper wouldn't have been running an announcement about it.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 03:16 PM
This site also purports to show the referenced items above, both BC and newspaper announcement. If he'd been born in Kenya as is alleged, chances are the newspaper wouldn't have been running an announcement about it.

except of course when you consider it is all a conspiracy

StrangePackage
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
except of course when you consider it is all a conspiracy

Where is outfoxed when we need him?

Crispin's Crispian
07-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Heh, that's almost as good as the soldiers who refused to ship out to Iraq because it was "an illegal war," whatever the hell that means. In both cases, the soldiers involved are fucking retarded.
Well, in that case, do you really want them fighting next to the soldiers who aren't retarded?

Davian93
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Well, in that case, do you really want them fighting next to the soldiers who aren't retarded?

They'll draw fire away from the non-morons. The world needs ditch diggers...

GonzoTheGreat
07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
This site also purports to show the referenced items above, both BC and newspaper announcement. If he'd been born in Kenya as is alleged, chances are the newspaper wouldn't have been running an announcement about it.Hah!
That newspaper was, even then, in cahoots with Osama Bin Laden. He was plotting to have the Soviets become friendly to the Afgan government, so that the CIA would start plotting against it, and finance a bunch of unorganised Muslim fundamentalists to fight against the Commies. OBL could then arrange those Muslims, thus show his usefulness and get a position as distributor of money, thus further increasing his standing. Meanwhile Obama (not Osama) started infiltrating the American establishment, preparing to make contact with local terrorists (the Weathermen).
Saddam (who had been carefully groomed for this since the newspaper announcement which started this off in the public eye) had become president of Iraq, and was now set up as fall guy for the next step in the plan. This involved having the USA give formal permission for the invasion of Quwait, and then pretending it had done no such thing. According to the original plan, Osama (not yet Obama) would have been the leader of the army which cast out the infidel. This army was supposed to be financed by the West, but it should have been a Muslim army. However, Bush senior (who is a secret Muslim too) betrayed the cause, and grabbed the glory for himself. He then botched it, and failed to remove Saddam.
The rest, as they say, is history.

Zanguini
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
1. I never told you i was a terrorist.
2. That doesnt explain the iranian election. Nor the MN one.
3. And there was nothing about Hillary in there

Sei'taer
07-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm trying to figure out how one fucks retarded. I mean, there's some kama sutra stuff that looks a little odd, but I wouldn't call it "fucking retarded." Maybe I should experiment more.

Maybe you were meaning like after someone "had their brains fucked out" which would surely leave one able to, from that point on, fuck retarded....

Ivhon
07-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out how one fucks retarded. I mean, there's some kama sutra stuff that looks a little odd, but I wouldn't call it "fucking retarded." Maybe I should experiment more.

Maybe you were meaning like after someone "had their brains fucked out" which would surely leave one able to, from that point on, fuck retarded....

Good start might be...umm...not knowing where to aim.

*hides*

Uno
07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out how one fucks retarded.

Neurasthenia.

tanaww
07-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Or perhaps the 'r' needs to be capitalized because Retarded is a proper noun as in a nickname. That'd be another way. So for example, when Madonna was banging A-rod she could say "I am fucking Retarded" and it would make sense.

Sei'taer
07-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Good start might be...umm...not knowing where to aim.

*hides*

Oh Sure! Here I am trying to nave a serious conversation and you throw that in. Where's your brain?

I mean the one in your head....

In the head on your shoulders....

uh...have you been fucking retarded?

Ivhon
07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh Sure! Here I am trying to nave a serious conversation and you throw that in. Where's your brain?

I mean the one in your head....

In the head on your shoulders....

uh...have you been fucking retarded?

*sniffs* no

Terez
07-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Where is outfoxed when we need him?
He's lurking - he posted on General a week or two ago.

Crispin's Crispian
07-16-2009, 06:48 PM
The simpler answer is that "retarded" just means slow. So, "fucking retarded" would be slow copulation. I guess technically it's slow because of some external force, like exercise bands or partial paralysis.

But I like Tana's explanation better.

Uno
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm telling you, it's Neurasthenia. A widely diagnosed nerve condition in the late 19th and early 20th century believed (among other things) to be caused by too frequent masturbation and/or sex. The idea was that frequent emissions might sap the strength of the male brain.

Davian93
07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
You should never go full retard...

Ishara
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
You should never go full retard... ROFLMAO

Rep!

ETA: Dammit I have to "spread it around" before I can rep you again. Can't say I didn't try!

Ivhon
07-17-2009, 09:17 AM
ROFLMAO

Rep!

ETA: Dammit I have to "spread it around" before I can rep you again. Can't say I didn't try!

gotcha covered

Ishara
07-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks! ;)

John Snow
07-17-2009, 12:15 PM
what would have been the reaction if George Romney, who had a pretty good run at it back in the day, had been elected president?

on edit: Ok, the general principle is a little odd, but what I was getting at was the business with Obama. What would the people beating up Obama have said to George Romney getting elected?

on edit 2: and for that matter, given that Romney was a serious candidate, why then the assumption that Schwarzenegger can't make the run? (not that I'm endorsing that for anything other than comedy value, mind you).

GonzoTheGreat
07-17-2009, 12:43 PM
This whole birth certificate, US born thing is very strange....From what I've read about it, it was stuck into the Constitution in order to prevent the British coming back. The idea was that there still was quite a lot of support for the king, and if he managed to get himself elected president, then that might very well be the end of the USA. So they cooked up a formulation that would seem reasonable, so that they couldn't be accused of playing dirty, while at the same time it totally excluded all then living members of the British royal family.

I'm not sure that "natural born" has ever been defined formally, though. Can any of the lawyers here tell us how this is defined?

While you're at it, what is the legal definition of "is"? I've heard that that one may be an issue now and then too.

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Which all means that the first president was.... Martin Van Buren

GonzoTheGreat
07-17-2009, 12:48 PM
No, they had the sense to get themselves into it too, with the "or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution" phrase they added to it.

Of course, one can wonder whether anyone could be counted a citizen before that Constitution was adopted, but I'm sure such questions won't keep you out of Afganistan, so there's not much point to asking.

Zanguini
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Of course, one can wonder whether anyone could be counted a citizen before that Constitution was adopted, but I'm sure such questions won't keep you out of Afganistan, so there's not much point to asking.

Been there done that got a t-shirt