PDA

View Full Version : News of the Weird...

tanaww
07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I think they're really from Arkansas, West Virginia or Kentucky. (http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/A-Tale-of-Two-Kellys.html?yhp=1) I mean it's not even like it's a common name!

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Hildebrandt is a fairly normal Dutch name. Of course, Kelly didn't use to be a common first name here, but I'm sure that's been taken care of too by now.

tanaww
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh! They're DUTCH! That explains it all ;) No offense to the Dutch on TL, but the ones that ended up in the states - especially West Michigan - are a bit off.

Birgitte
07-20-2009, 04:06 PM
lol... Just a bit, huh?

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh! They're DUTCH! That explains it all ;) No offense to the Dutch on TL, but the ones that ended up in the states - especially West Michigan - are a bit off.Yeah, the ones that stayed here are good at exporting things. We've exported quite a lot of wackynesss to the New World, though we still have an ample supply left. Want some more?

Sarevok
07-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Hildebrandt is a fairly normal Dutch name.
But as a last name?

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Well, this one is just with 'd' instead of 'dt' (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Hildebrand), but you've probably heard of him. Or read some of his books, at least. I know I have.
There there's this one (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaas_Beets), though that was a pseudonym. Also just with a 'd', of course.

Hildebrandt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildebrandt) does seem more of a Peruvian name, now that I'm looking into it a bit more. But then, Peru or the Netherlands, what's the difference, really? They're both coastal countries, aren't they?

Cary Sedai
07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Wierd.

Mort
07-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Time for one of them to start using a middlename :) Must be getting a bit tiring when there's a phonecall and it's "Is Kelly there?" Which one? :D

"Do you, Kelly Hildebrandt, take Kelly Hildebrandt..." right there someone in the wedding audience must stand up and shout "This isn't right!" :D

hippie-joe
07-20-2009, 11:25 PM
it would be even better if their middle name matched up too.

i went to school with a hildebrand, she was a cunt, but she was hot

Ishara
07-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Dude, your language is spectacular in its offensiveness and vulgarity. Officially on my ignore list.

Davian93
07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Dude, your language is spectacular in its offensiveness and vulgarity. Officially on my ignore list.

Yup.

StrangePackage
07-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't see what's so strange about all this.

I scream my own name out during sex all the time.

hippie-joe
07-21-2009, 07:13 PM

opps my bad... it's funny though, i spent a little extra time thumbing through my vocabulary trying to find the cleanest word to discribe her too. that was what i came up with.

i suppose i could have said, "______ you fill in the blank" but i didn't think of that till just now.

but i guess none of this matters, ish has already put me on the ignore list, oh well...

win some, lose some

after thought, i wonder how many ppl are on that list?

Dragon Thief
07-21-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm offended. No way they''re from KY.

We couldn't spell Hillybrained as a name.

Ishara
07-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Le sigh. I hate that word.

My computer skillz did not successfully land you on the list - so I guess you're okay. For now. ;)

hippie-joe
07-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Le sigh. I hate that word.

My computer skillz did not successfully land you on the list - so I guess you're okay. For now. ;)

right on, either way. she was any nasty word you could say or think. and aside from my filty mouth and typing that is coming from a generally likable guy, or at least i think i am...

the ppl that like me tell me that anyways, lol. so that's saying a lot.

Frenzy
07-25-2009, 10:48 PM
out of curiosity, HJ, where are you from?

hippie-joe
07-25-2009, 11:05 PM
out of curiosity, HJ, where are you from?

i could give you several answers to that question but i think the one you are after would be arkansas. that's where i went to high school. i very much dislike this state, and perfer ohio.

why do you ask?

GonzoTheGreat
07-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Arkansas? You're Bill Clinton???

Can't remember having heard that anyone else ever came from Arkansas, so that's a reasonable assumption, it seems.

Orc
07-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Arkansas. The only state discovered by incorrect pirates.

Zaela Sedai
07-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Hippie Joe = Uncle Fisty..... or at least that's what I thought....

Matoyak
07-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Same. And wow, what a weird marriage that would be... :confused:

Jokeslayer
07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't see what's so strange about all this.

I scream my own name out during sex all the time.

The choices are usually a little more varied when you're not the only one there

Zaela Sedai
07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
lmao, thank you for saying what I was thinking

GonzoTheGreat
07-27-2009, 04:56 AM
The choices are usually a little more varied when you're not the only one thereNot when everyone is called Kelly, though.

Zanguini
07-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Arkansas. The only state discovered by incorrect pirates.

Hernando de Soto Like every other Spaniard entering Arkansas was looking for Gold, specifically El Dorado (which is in southern Arkansas by the way). The natives thought him a god and worshiped him until they found out he wasnt and then they tied rocks to him and dumped him into the Mississippi.

Orc
07-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Hernando de Soto Like every other Spaniard entering Arkansas was looking for Gold, specifically El Dorado (which is in southern Arkansas by the way). The natives thought him a god and worshiped him until they found out he wasnt and then they tied rocks to him and dumped him into the Mississippi.

That sounds far more plausible than what I was thinking. Some pirates walked up to it and said, "Arrrrr, Kansas.", but they were wrong.

Zanguini
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes it is illegal in this state to mispronounce it. Beatings were had by senators on the state legislature on how to correctly pronounce the name.

yks 6nnetu hing
07-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I work with a guy called Antonio and his partner's name is Antonio too... Not the same last name though, although they can, here.

similarily, one of the weirdest experiences was at my previous work where Jasmin (that was mentioned when I first started working there but was at the time on sick leave) turned out to be a guy. Apparently he has a sister called Jasmina.

hippie-joe
07-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Arkansas? You're Bill Clinton???

Can't remember having heard that anyone else ever came from Arkansas, so that's a reasonable assumption, it seems.

that new idol fellow came from somewhere in this state apparently... i don't watch that trash but that's what the news says

hippie-joe
07-30-2009, 08:51 PM

i think i missed something here...

Zaela Sedai
07-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Apparently a few of us are off base...?

stop making my head hurt

Uncle Fisty
07-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Hippie Joe = Uncle Fisty..... or at least that's what I thought....Um... what? What gave you that idea?

GonzoTheGreat
07-31-2009, 04:49 AM
Um... what? What gave you that idea?Perhaps someone had an urge to turn you into a frog, and then assumed someone else had already done that?

Uncle Fisty
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Ribbit.

:eek:
<_<

>_>

What?

hippie-joe
07-31-2009, 10:46 PM
i guess they think i'm you? yeah idk why.

i haven't been around here long enough i guess

and contrary to popular consensus... it's a turtle! tardy the turtle!

he's always late partly because he's slightly retarded... anyone remember the show, "greg the bunny?"