PDA

View Full Version : I should have proposed like this

Hopper
07-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Disney Proposal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hi5rmpAM8E)

Birgitte
07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Awwww.... That's so cute!

What if she said no?

irerancincpkc
07-20-2009, 05:11 PM
What if she said no?
That's why my future proposal will be a private thing; I'd be afraid doing it very publically like that would force her to say yes, a lot of pressure in a situation like that...

Crispin's Crispian
07-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Ideally you would know whether she's expecting you to propose, and what her answer will be.

The best proposals (not that I've done it this way at all) seem to be the ones where she's expecting it, but thinks he's either procrastinating, or nervous, etc. Then he surprises her with something awesome.

But in any case, if you have doubts about whether she'll say yes, I'd consider delaying the proposal in the first place.

Ivhon
07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
That was well done and he sings well.

I don't like the public proposal thing, personally, though.

I proposed 60 ft underwater at Cozumel on my wife's last PADI open-water certification dive. Had the divemaster take a shot of it

irerancincpkc
07-20-2009, 05:36 PM
But in any case, if you have doubts about whether she'll say yes, I'd consider delaying the proposal in the first place.
I'm such a nervous/worried type of guy that if she told me over and over she would say yes I would still be deathly nervous/anxious about what she would say... silly, I know... :D

Ishara
07-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Dude, you never get to complain about women saying one thing and meaning another again! :p

Crispy, I agree and disagree (surprise!). There's a fine line there, and you have to try and walk it gracefully if you're on the other end of that "procrastination." Otherwise you look/ feel like an ass on both ends.

Davian93
07-21-2009, 07:48 AM
super public proposals are really mean...unless you KNOW that she really wants something like that. Also, proposals in front of one or the others entire family (seen that before) are also ridiculous pressure situations...especially if done on say, Christmas morning.

I was warned, unnecessarily of course, against the latter as she would kill me if I did something like that.

Brita
07-21-2009, 08:15 AM
My proposal was public, and I loved it! But that's just me...attention craver that I am.

So it really just depends on knowing your partner and what they would like.

Zaela Sedai
07-21-2009, 08:30 AM
yeah, I wouldn't have minded public like you know on the screen at fenway, but Jay can't handle public. But I got mine at in the hot tub at the front of our cruise ship late at night... There were prolly cameras on us and such but ah well.

~reads sentence again~ ah screw it i'm not rewriting it LOL

Davian93
07-21-2009, 08:34 AM
My proposal was public, and I loved it! But that's just me...attention craver that I am.

So it really just depends on knowing your partner and what they would like.

That's what I mean...I've seen the "in front of a bunch of people" with a girl that was not into it and it was awkward to say the least...quite awkward.

Ishara
07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
So...I want to hear proposal stories!!

A friend of ours just proposed to his girlfriend this past weekend. He put the ring in the envelope with their new house keys on the day they got the house/ moved in. All their friends and family were there to "help them move". It was awesome!

Davian93
07-21-2009, 01:23 PM

A friend of ours just proposed to his girlfriend this past weekend. He put the ring in the envelope with their new house keys on the day they got the house/ moved in. All their friends and family were there to "help them move". It was awesome!

Nice! +1 for style points.

Crispin's Crispian
07-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Crispy, I agree and disagree (surprise!). There's a fine line there, and you have to try and walk it gracefully if you're on the other end of that "procrastination." Otherwise you look/ feel like an ass on both ends.
Well sure, you have to balance it. I guess rather than the procrastination angle, the "honestly too busy to plan it" is a good one, too.

Regardless, there has to be a level of certainty that it's the right thing to do (that she'll agree).

Brita
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM

Woohoo! I was just waiting for that opening :D

My husband and I were in a Bowling League on a 4 person team with our friends. We did not take this seriously, and for our bowling "uniforms" we all went to the Salvation Army, bought the ugliest clothes we could find (lime green polyester for example) and put our names on the back, all official-like.

Anyway, one night, all decked out in our '70's polyester best, the sound of bowling balls rolling down the lanes stopped inexplicably. Then, over the PA system, everyone was asked to turn their attention to lane 15. A spotlight shone onto the gleaming hardwood, and there my husband was waiting, orange pants and all. Well, I was kind of cluing in at this point. He proposed to me in front of the Wednesday Night bowling freaks. His best friend and mine were on our team and captured it on video, and it was great to have them involved. Ah, good memories.

Ivhon
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
What? Mine doesnt count, somehow?

Brita
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Yours was awesome Ivhon! She meant more proposal stories. Right Ishara?

Ivhon
07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Yours was awesome Ivhon! She meant more proposal stories. Right Ishara?

Yes. Well. *ahem* Much better. *preens*

StrangePackage
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
That was well done and he sings well.

I don't like the public proposal thing, personally, though.

I proposed 60 ft underwater at Cozumel on my wife's last PADI open-water certification dive. Had the divemaster take a shot of it

That's brilliant.

If she turns you down, oops, a scubadiving accident, and you're single again. Chicks dig a broken heart;)

Davian93
07-21-2009, 03:18 PM
That's brilliant.

If she turns you down, oops, a scubadiving accident, and you're single again. Chicks dig a broken heart;)

ROFL...thats so wrong!

Zanguini
07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
ROFL...thats so wrong!

but efficient.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Leave it to SP.

Ivhon
07-21-2009, 04:46 PM
nice one, SP

Zaela Sedai
07-21-2009, 06:08 PM
That also happened recently on a honeymoon

irerancincpkc
07-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Dude, you never get to complain about women saying one thing and meaning another again! :p

:D

StrangePackage
07-21-2009, 07:54 PM
nice one, SP

Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.

Seriously, though, that's pretty brilliant. And very unique. I'm sure it's a special moment she'll never forget.

Crispin's Crispian
07-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Seriously, though, that's pretty brilliant. And very unique. I'm sure it's a special moment she'll never forget.
As long as he put the ring in an oyster shell for her to open. That would have been icing.

Ishara
07-23-2009, 10:55 AM
LOL. Brita, you freak!

cottillion
07-24-2009, 06:47 AM
My brother played hangman spelling out marry me?, she came so close to hanging herself which might sort of ruined the moment.

Birgitte
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
My brother played hangman spelling out marry me?, she came so close to hanging herself which might sort of ruined the moment.

~giggles~

Yeah, I imagine that'd have been a little awkward.

Zanguini
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh I would marry you but it looks like your dead. Seeya

lurk
07-24-2009, 05:00 PM
So...I want to hear proposal stories!!!

well I sprung my proposal in a christmas poem, gift was a ring.

I kinda knew she would not hesitate to say yes, but damn my back was wet all of a sudden when she opened the gift :rolleyes:

Ivhon
07-24-2009, 05:11 PM
As long as he put the ring in an oyster shell for her to open. That would have been icing.

Not wanting to risk dropping/having the ring slide off in 80 feet of coral reef, I left the actual engagement ring (which was my mother's) at the hotel. However, just by chance, I randomly found the bezel from someone's dive watch lying on the bottom and made use of that short-term.

Zaela Sedai
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
that was prolly the smart thing to do lol

hippie-joe
07-25-2009, 10:01 PM
That also happened recently on a honeymoon

what? a diving accident?

i wonder how long they practiced that routine. that was just a tad over the top

Zaela Sedai
07-26-2009, 09:19 AM
what? a diving accident?

Yeah man set it up and killed his wife blaming it on an "accident" I do not think he physically did anything to her though...was a couple years ago... Matt Lauer covered it ;) :p

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20283674,00.html