PDA

View Full Version : Check Out My New Shoes...

Davian93
07-21-2009, 09:35 PM
http://www.sportsrem.net/osc/catalog/images/kso_black.png

So I got them today and seriously, they're wicked comfy and feels like walking barefoot but without hurting. I ran around on sharp gravel and it was the weirdest sensation. Awesome grip. I cant wait to do some granite scrambles with them on while hiking.

Neilbert
07-21-2009, 09:45 PM
How's the airflow?

ShadowbaneX
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
How's the cashflow?

Davian93
07-21-2009, 09:53 PM
How's the airflow?

They breathe really well. Mostly mesh and they're super light.

Sei'taer
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Dude...seriously. I'm gonna have to add another paragraph to your sig.

Did they come with a furry suit and a gorilla mask?

Davian93
07-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Dude...seriously. I'm gonna have to add another paragraph to your sig.

Did they come with a furry suit and a gorilla mask?

They're really good for climbing, paddling, and other outdoor stuff I do. Check out the webpage:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Sei'taer
07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
They're really good for climbing, paddling, and other outdoor stuff I do. Check out the webpage:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Aw, I'm just givin you shit. It's what I do.

Can you wear pretty flip flops with 'em and paint the "toenail" part?

Neilbert
07-21-2009, 10:46 PM
There's a store where I live, I'm going to have to try some on soon. Have you biked with them?

Davian93
07-21-2009, 10:49 PM
There's a store where I live, I'm going to have to try some on soon. Have you biked with them?

I don't bike so I couldn't tell you. I assume they would probably work for it but I don't know.

Brita
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
They look so....odd. You'll have to let us know how they are after a good hike, and if you get blisters between each toe :eek:

Ivhon
07-21-2009, 11:39 PM
gimme....I dont even like the outdoors, but I gotta have me some.

Birgitte
07-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Those are officially the ugliest shoes on the planet.

Neilbert
07-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Really? Worse than Crocs?

How are they for swimming? Can you wear them in the water?

Davian93
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Really? Worse than Crocs?

How are they for swimming? Can you wear them in the water?

Part of the reason I got them is they are supposedly designed specifically in part for getting wet when hiking, paddling, etc so I think they'd be great in the water. The reviews I read seemed pretty good for that aspect. I do a lot of paddling so that was one of the reasons I got them.

JSUCamel
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I dig. I might have to get a pair.

Mort
07-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Not something I would want to be caught wearing while strolling around the city... :)

But hey, if it's good grip it's good grip.

Zanguini
07-22-2009, 09:41 AM
They would be great for my ninja infiltrations.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-22-2009, 09:42 AM
What about jogging? Though I think my toes would be too short to go in the toe holes.

AbbeyRoad
07-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I've seen a couple guys in my gym strutting around wearing those. I'm not sure if they would give enough bridge support to safely heavy squat and deadlift, and they certainly do look pretty hideous, but if they're comfortable, breathable, and provide good footing, then who cares if they look a little goofy.

Crispin's Crispian
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Not all shoes are good for everything. I'm not sure why they would be good for weightlifting or jogging, though I know some people like to jog barefoot.

I like them, actually, and don't find them any uglier than barefeet. Then again, I'm not opposed to Crocs, either. Sue me.

John Snow
07-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Lovely and gracious and athletic daughter bought her first pair more than a year ago, and uses them for running. Her routine is on alternate days, one or two laps around the Rose Bowl jogging path. Two laps is 10k. She runs that in around 38 minutes, has flat feet (actually Ehlers-Danlo syndrome, from my grandmother), and absolutely loves these. Has worn them in competitive runs and sees other people using them as well. And they hold up quite well, too. Maybe I'll get a pair, get out of my usual Earth Shoe sandals.....

tanaww
07-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Those are officially the ugliest shoes on the planet.

I agree. And, yes, worse than Crocs.

SauceyBlueConfetti
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
They would be great for my ninja infiltrations.

ROFLMAO!!!

:: wiping tears ::

aaah, too funny. I agree, ugliest shoes ever, but if the functionality is there, good for you. I assume webbed toed folks are discriminated against by the makers?

Verin Mathwin
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I want a pair... but they are ugly :(

pops taer
07-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Reports are that podiatrists are concerned for those that need the arch support. Other than that I didn't hear a negative word.

Zanguini
07-22-2009, 04:36 PM
you could get arch support inserts

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Genuine-Tabi-Ninja-Shoes_36053AD8.jpg

Ninja Shoes

Sei'taer
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM

Ninja Shoes

Those for Ninja, those not good for Ninja Warrior show...HII!

Ivhon
07-22-2009, 05:40 PM

Ninja Shoes

yeah. those are just great for all the BLUE ninjas. Sheesh. Get out of Mortal Kombat and back to real life.

Ninjas wear black.

Cary Sedai
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I have socks like that and they are comfy. I think I would like a pair of those better than water socks (which always give me blisters or slip off).

Crispin's Crispian
07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
yeah. those are just great for all the BLUE ninjas. Sheesh. Get out of Mortal Kombat and back to real life.

Ninjas wear black.
When they're underwater, black stands out. The best ninjas are prepared for any colored occasion.

Davian93
07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Reports are that podiatrists are concerned for those that need the arch support. Other than that I didn't hear a negative word.

Supposedly if you build up your strength with them, they're great for your feet as they strengthen all those muscles you never otherwise use in bulky pinching shoes.

Personally, I think they feel great but I can tell its gonna take a bit to get used to them foot strength wise. They feel awesome though.

Belazamon
07-22-2009, 07:46 PM
When they're underwater, black stands out. The best ninjas are prepared for any colored occasion.That just reminded me of this (http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/004018.html). :D

GonzoTheGreat
07-23-2009, 04:54 AM
yeah. those are just great for all the BLUE ninjas.Do they have them in size 11?

StrangePackage
07-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Those may be the ugliest things I've ever seen.

GonzoTheGreat
07-23-2009, 09:34 AM
The blue ones or the ones in the OP?
Neither really makes it to the top of the "ugliest ever" board for me, but they're good contenders for this week's chart.

Ishara
07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Foot strength? Am confused!

They would be great for tide pool hunting!

Crispin's Crispian
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
That just reminded me of this (http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/004018.html). :D
See? I was right.

Crispin's Crispian
07-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Foot strength? Am confused!

You need to meet a ninja. Then you'll understand foot strength.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Or a ballerina. Which is far more likely.

Davian93
07-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Or a ballerina. Which is far more likely.

Perhaps a Ninja Ballerina...that would be even better.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-23-2009, 01:18 PM
You mean.... River Tam? (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003810/)

Neilbert
08-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Got mine, love them. They suck for running on concrete, but are great for everything else, and are good enough for cycling, just don't point your toes down too far...

Davian93
08-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Got mine, love them. They suck for running on concrete, but are great for everything else, and are good enough for cycling, just don't point your toes down too far...

My biggest issue was getting used to putting them on. It took a while for my feet to stretch out but now its like putting gloves on. I absolutely love them. They're great for hiking. Concrete is a little rough but for walking over thinks like granite, the grip is amazing and I can get up much steeper slopes than I could with my hiking boots.

hippie-joe
08-01-2009, 01:20 PM
My biggest issue was getting used to putting them on. It took a while for my feet to stretch out but now its like putting gloves on. I absolutely love them. They're great for hiking. Concrete is a little rough but for walking over thinks like granite, the grip is amazing and I can get up much steeper slopes than I could with my hiking boots.

i was gonna say, they look like they'd be excelent for bouldering, climbing and repelling. do you think they would be good for spelunking?

what is the inside like? is it like a water sock, or is it line with something soft. i mean the only socks that would work with them are those toe socks... while they are cute on girls, i would be wierded out if i saw a guy wearing them

Davian93
08-01-2009, 02:00 PM
i was gonna say, they look like they'd be excelent for bouldering, climbing and repelling. do you think they would be good for spelunking?

what is the inside like? is it like a water sock, or is it line with something soft. i mean the only socks that would work with them are those toe socks... while they are cute on girls, i would be wierded out if i saw a guy wearing them

I've never gone cave diving before so I couldn't say.

As for the feel, its like wearing good padded gloves but on your feet so its fairly soft but flexible.

hippie-joe
08-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I've never gone cave diving before so I couldn't say.

As for the feel, its like wearing good padded gloves but on your feet so its fairly soft but flexible.

yet breathable too... sounds like they would be good.

i bet you'll need odor eater pretty badly after a few hikes

Davian93
08-01-2009, 02:14 PM
yet breathable too... sounds like they would be good.

i bet you'll need odor eater pretty badly after a few hikes

Yeah, they breathe pretty well. However, they do get a bit damp after a couple hours of good hiking from sweat but its not brutal. They're machine washable so its not really an issue. And they dry pretty fast. I went through a stream in them and they were dry maybe 20 min afterward.

hippie-joe
08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
very nice, sounds like they would be excellent for cave diving.

it's a lot of fun, but dangerous, you deffinatly don't wanna go alone, and you kinda need someone who knows the cave system well. not to mention all the proper gear

Neilbert
08-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Concrete is a little rough but for walking over thinks like granite, the grip is amazing and I can get up much steeper slopes than I could with my hiking boots.

Oh walking on concrete isn't the most enjoyable part of these shoes, but it isn't bad, it's just when I tried to run on it the slap slap slap got painful fast.

But running on concrete is dumb anyways. That's what my bike is for.

Davian93
08-02-2009, 01:35 PM
So I just went slogging through a wetland/wildlife refuge with them for about 5 hours of fun (and it was raining pretty good for most of the time). They survived pretty well and it was far better than normal hiking shoes.

My feet feel pretty good too despite that being the furthest I've gone in them to this point (it was probably 7-8 miles but with lots of twists and turns, side tracks, etc.

Davian93
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Question for Neilbert (and anyone else that has these shoes):

Have you noticed some growing pains with your lower leg, ankle and foot muscles? I've noticed some serious cramping/soreness in those areas and a good amount of muscle growth in the 3 weeks I've had them now. Its not injury pain but "out of shape" pain so I'm not concerned and its interesting that I feel stronger on my feet now. I was curious if you've noticed it too...Its like I'm conditioning for the first time all over again.

Leanne
08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
My cousin has these shoes. They are the weirdest thing to see, but he loves them too. He goes running with them. He does a lot of rock climbing too, I would guess he wears them for that as well.