PDA

View Full Version : Guess I need to reintroduce too

lurk
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Light it has been ages since I have been here.
too much other stuff to do ahum (work, kid, WII)

well Lurky is back, I even found Zae's chat thanks to Tru (thanks dear) so y'all will be seeing / hearing more of me coming time.

Well what has changed for me lately :rolleyes:
I have a new working place, HOME, yes yes HOME. I work tue-thu from my own sweet little cubbyhole in the world, my attic. Boy does that save time woohoo. :D

I have been buying and reading a ridiculous amount of books, had to after seeing PD's stuffed shelves (is envy a sin in randland?:o ) Now I have started a reread and randomly started in POD;) , rest has been read a million times by now so I skipped those. halfway through WH by now and yup the pace is back to a crawl again :mad: .

ah you know what I will just let the Hijackers take over the thread now :)

Sarevok
07-24-2009, 02:27 AM
WEEEE, Welcome back, Lurk!! :D

GonzoTheGreat
07-24-2009, 04:30 AM
is envy a sin in randland?Yes, it is. It is the sin which caused Demandred's downfall, according to the BWB:
BWB, The Dark One and the Male Forsaken, Chapter 5

Demandred was another of the Forsaken who, like Sammael, turned against Lews Therin in the War of the Shadow for reasons of envy. He hated the dragon even more than Sammael did, though with much less direct cause.

Nazbaque
07-24-2009, 06:51 AM
You're using Demandred as proof when Be'lal's name actually means Envious?

tsk tsk

*Hands Lurk the Torch*

Welcome back!

GonzoTheGreat
07-24-2009, 07:35 AM
You're using Demandred as proof when Be'lal's name actually means Envious?Should I have left you no reason to carp at all?

Nazbaque
07-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Awwww you did that just for me?

GonzoTheGreat
07-24-2009, 09:02 AM
To be honest, I'd expected Terez to weigh in by now, but apparently she's asleep or something.

Terez
07-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Let's not forget Lanfear's envy of Ilyena.

GonzoTheGreat
07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
And there is Asmodean's envy of Britney Spears. True, she isn't mentioned by name, but which other artist could possibly eclipse him?

Terez
07-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Apparently, all the ones he killed.

lurk
07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
You're using Demandred as proof when Be'lal's name actually means Envious?

tsk tsk

*Hands Lurk the Torch*

Welcome back!

Oh yeah, just a second...
~rummages around~
yup there it is...GASOLINE

KAWOOOOOSH

burn Naz my boy BURN!

lurk
07-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes, it is. It is the sin which caused Demandred's downfall, according to the BWB:

okay envy causes downfall I get that

but is it a SIN?

downfall = punishment? therefore envy = sin?

Zaela Sedai
07-24-2009, 05:14 PM
you may want to re intro yourself....but i'm to lazy to regreet you...'

unless you consider this a greet :D

GonzoTheGreat
07-25-2009, 03:19 AM
okay envy causes downfall I get that

but is it a SIN?

downfall = punishment? therefore envy = sin?No, no, no. Downfall=sin, so "that which causes downfall"="one particular sin".

Isabel
07-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Welcome back Lurk:)

lurk
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
No, no, no. Downfall=sin, so "that which causes downfall"="one particular sin".

Okay Gonzo, you lost me, it may be my english, but downfall=sin? downfall is something that happens to you due to something or someone, sin is something you do yourself. Downfall is a result or a consequence, sin is a cause or action, so downfall cannot be a sin.

but the question more to the point is, does downfal be a punishment for committing a sin? In randland being the punishment for a sin coming from the wheel of time (or creator) Or a sin against the DO maybe...?

GonzoTheGreat
07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
No, the sin was falling down because of that envy, or perhaps just the being too envious. May not be the best english. However, "downfalling because of envy" doesn't seem any better.

In the same way, Lanfear's sin, which made her to turn to the Shadow, was jealousy. Mesaaana's sin was being a bad researcher.
Ishamael, obviously, was entirely without sin. He turned to the Shadow for purely philosophical reasons. And because he was barking mad, but that wasn't a hindrance either as philosopher or as Nae'blis.

Belazamon
07-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't really remember ya, but welcome back anyway. :D

Sarevok
07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Don't really remember ya, but welcome back anyway. :D
He was mostly around in the time you weren't. ;)

Terez
07-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Pretty sure Lurk joined before I did? Or maybe around the same time.

GonzoTheGreat
07-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I think that at least for a while, Lurk didn't join but instead lurked here. I seem to remember that someone else did that too ...

Terez
07-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Nah, Lurk=Fade for him, I think. Hence the avatar.

lurk
07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I am not sure when I joined, I joined TL almost a year before I figured out what a messageboard was :o . IIRC I joined the messageboards some half year before sare, maybe a little longer before that.

the LotB must surely know :D

funny thing is I am still a youngling on TL main board and an elder here ah who cares about titles. FUN is what I want :)

EDIT: I just checked, I joined in september 2004 according to the predictions I made then

Terez
07-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I joined tl.com in October 2004, and joined the message board in June 2005 (same as you, had no idea what a message board was, lol). So you were at tl.com slightly before me and at the mb slightly after me.