PDA

View Full Version : Out of Office

Crispin's Crispian
07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your posts. I am currently out of the office, and will return next weekend. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you then. If this is an emergency, please post in ALL CAPS.

Actually, I'm not leaving till tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have much time to post after this. We scheduled this months ago, and wouldn't you know that we're heading into the longest heat wave Oregon has had in 40 years. And guess what we're doing for vacation. That's right--camping in the desert.

If I make it back, I predict I will be very small. And red.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-24-2009, 02:57 PM
HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS. BY FLUIDS, I MEAN BEER.

What???? It was an urgent message!

Davian93
07-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Remember to shake out your boots before putting them on...animals love to hide in them.

~speaking from experience~

Terez
07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
They don't have internet in the desert?

*crosses desert off vacation list*

Zanguini
07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Why would you camp in the desert when you have a nice old growth forest nearby?

Davian93
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
They don't have internet in the desert?

*crosses desert off vacation list*

LOL.

cottillion
07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
It always saddens me to no end when people talk of the vicious heat waves they've had this summer. Here in western New York we have had one of the coldest summers I've ever seen. Its already almost August and I don't think we've had a day over 85. :(

Back on topic, I would love a desert vacation. Have fun, drink a lot and don't die. As long as you do those three things it'll always be a good vacation.

Davian93
07-24-2009, 03:27 PM
It always saddens me to no end when people talk of the vicious heat waves they've had this summer. Here in western New York we have had one of the coldest summers I've ever seen. Its already almost August and I don't think we've had a day over 85. :(

Back on topic, I would love a desert vacation. Have fun, drink a lot and don't die. As long as you do those three things it'll always be a good vacation.

We've been lucky to break mid 70s all summer now. I think our hottest day was in May (when it somehow hit 91) and we haven't been above 83ish since then. At night (which is nice actually to sleep with the windows all open, its been in the mid 50s usually....though it did get down into the 40s around 4 July.

Ivhon
07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Im not gonna bitch about TX heat and dry yet again.

However...we too are going on vacation camping in the desert.

In August.

In New Mexico.

Somehow, I dont think we thought this through completely...

Sei'taer
07-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Im not gonna bitch about TX heat and dry yet again.

However...we too are going on vacation camping in the desert.

In August.

In New Mexico.

Somehow, I dont think we thought this through completely...

We're going camping next week, in Branson MO, in a nice hotel, with air conditioning, 10 minutes from Silver Dollar City, an hour from Bass Pro's main headquarter store...did I mention the hotel has its own waterpark free to guests?

What?

Zanguini
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
We're going camping next week, in Branson MO, in a nice hotel, with air conditioning, 10 minutes from Silver Dollar City, an hour from Bass Pro's main headquarter store...did I mention the hotel has its own waterpark free to guests?

What?

And most importantly 3 hours away from me. I really dislike Branson though.

Its Vegas without gambling, rated PG-13.

Zaela Sedai
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I really do like not swealtering at night and the fact that i haven't had to get the big ass air conditioner down from the attic....or pay the electric bill...

Give me upper 70's all summer. I'll get my heat on vaca in the carribean in August :)

The 40s a couple weeks ago was a bit much though...specially while sleeping with a blanket stealer.

Sodas
07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
And here we thought you "checked out" back in 2004. Maybe it was just mental? /shrug

Have fun on your trip anyhow ;p

Cary Sedai
07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I want to live somewhere the summer isn't warmer than mid-eighteis.

~smiles at Zan~

John Snow
07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
We've been lucky to break mid 70s all summer now. I think our hottest day was in May (when it somehow hit 91) and we haven't been above 83ish since then. At night (which is nice actually to sleep with the windows all open, its been in the mid 50s usually....though it did get down into the 40s around 4 July.

Ok, east coast people - guess what's heading your way (bu-bum - bu bum...) We just finished a dandy heat wave here, that hung around for longer than your average LA heat wave.....but it's started moving again.....eastward.

John Snow
07-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I want to live somewhere the summer isn't warmer than mid-eighteis.

~smiles at Zan~

might be somewhere the temps hit 100 but with 6% humidity....

which is what Altadena, place of my abode, has been doing the past two or three weeks.

Crispin's Crispian
08-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok, east coast people - guess what's heading your way (bu-bum - bu bum...) We just finished a dandy heat wave here, that hung around for longer than your average LA heat wave.....but it's started moving again.....eastward.
Back.

If things go as predicted, today Portland will tie it's all-time record for consecutive 90+ days. I think it's actually hotter here than it was on the other side of the mountains, but then again we had a shady campsite. And a river nearby.

hippie-joe
08-01-2009, 01:44 PM

What?

silver dollar city is over rated, i perfer kings island in cincinnati. i hear cedar point is even better though i've never been