PDA

View Full Version : Orgasms: a purely clinical discussion

Terez
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I was going to post this at Malazan, but then I remembered that 1) I got banned from there ostensibly for discussing cervical orgasms, and 2) there aren't a great number of women there anyway. Not that the conversation is necessarily limited to female orgasms, but that's my main questions are about.

So, I was researching the g-spot, because I know how it feels but don't know what it is exactly (I was figuring on nerve endings or something but apparently that's not it), and there is research as recent as 21st century saying that there is no proof of its existence. But here is an article about some relatively recent research on the subject:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/feb/21/medicalresearch.sciencenews

The elusive G spot really does exist, say researchers

Ian Sample (http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/iansample), science correspondent
The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian), Thursday 21 February 2008Doctors claim to have found the first compelling evidence that the G spot exists, but say not all women appear to have one.

Ultrasound scans revealed clear anatomical differences between women who said they experienced vaginal orgasms and a group of women who did not. The scans identified a region of thicker tissue where the G spot was rumoured to be lurking, which was not visible in the women who had never had a vaginal orgasm.

Doctors at the University of L'Aquila in Italy, where the study was conducted, say the findings make it possible for women to have a rapid test to confirm whether or not they have a G spot.

The location, and even existence, of the G spot has been hotly contested in medical circles. While doctors know that female sexual anatomy varies substantially, until now there has been no solid evidence to link those differences to a woman's sexual responses.

"For the first time, it is possible to determine by a simple, rapid and inexpensive method if a woman has a G spot or not," Dr Emmanuele Jannini told New Scientist magazine.
The G spot is only thought to affect a woman's ability to have vaginal orgasms, so if women do not have one "they can still have a normal orgasm through stimulation of the clitoris," Jannini said.

The team used ultrasound to scan nine women who had experienced vaginal orgasms and 11 women who said they had not. In the first group of women, the tissue between the vagina and the urethra was found to be substantially thicker than in the other women.

Jannini, whose study appears in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, said the scans suggested that "women without any visible evidence of a G spot cannot have a vaginal orgasm".

The research supports a previous study by the team which reported differences in the chemical make-up of the G spot tissues. Women who appear to have a G spot produced specific chemicals, including an enzyme that processes nitric oxide, the substance that triggers male erections.

Other researchers welcomed the findings, but said it was unclear whether the team had identified a distinct G spot structure or an internal part of the clitoris.

"This may be related to the presence of the controversial G spot," said Tim Spector, a consultant rheumatologist at St Thomas' hospital in London. "However, many other explanations are possible, such as the actual size of the clitoris, which although not measured in this study appears highly variable."

Elisabeth Lloyd, a professor at Indiana University and author of The Case of the Female Orgasm, said scans should now be conducted on a larger group. "There's been controversy over which parts of the female anatomy might be the G spot, and what the role of it might be," she said.

Lloyd said only 20% to 25% of women had vaginal orgasms during sex. "It has never been explained why that is the case; it's a mystery. This paper doesn't totally explain it, but it might do partially, and that could help us understand what those numbers are about." So, based on my own experiences and conversations with other women, this article raises some questions:

1) If there is a link between this thicker spot of tissue and vaginal orgasms, is it possible for the tissue to be developed? Because I didn't have vaginal orgasms for years, and only started having them relatively recently. If every one of the women who said they did not have vaginal orgasms did not have this thick tissue, it stands to reason that it could be developed, doesn't it? I found that most of my erogenous zones had to be developed over time.

2) Why is the g-spot considered to be the sole source of vaginal orgasm? Because the g-spot is a somewhat fickle thing for me...takes a lot of stimulation to even notice it really...but I'm pretty darn sure I have had orgasms that were triggered by cervical stimulation. I know that a lot of women experience pain when the cervix is stimulated, but I'm not one of them.

3) It seems weird to me that a clitoral orgasm would be considered the 'normal' orgasm, and that 75% of women don't have orgasms any other way. I know that it is the easiest orgasm, but it's also the most inconvenient erogenous zone when it comes to actual intercourse.

Anyway, if the ladies of the board aren't too shy, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Hopper
07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
*Takes a seat on the ESC couch and pulls out a Sam Adams.

Now here's a topic to which I can give my undivided attention.

Anaiya Sedai
07-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Well, I'm not shy, but I really don't know what to say.. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking that you might have a point about developing erogenous zones, but I have no idea how you would develop that particular one..

It seems weird to me, too, that a clitoral orgasm would be considered the norm. Unless I have an unusually large number of friends with G-Spots... Like you said, it seems like quite an inconvenient place for an erogenous zone during intercourse, and considering that most sexual positions don't really involve clitoral stimulation, you would have to wonder why they are still so popular. (eg doggy style)..

But then, what do I know?

Ishara
07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Hmmm. Especially since the G Spot itself is not exactly directly stimulated during vaginal sex anyways. It's NOT. And I would say that there is a distinct difference between a vagial orgasm and a G Spot orgasm. Distinct. Hmmm.

Terez
07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
So it's not just me huh? But really, I think my g-spot is stimulated during intercourse, depending on the position - it's just on the top wall, and a position that stimulates the top wall in particular is stimulating the g-spot. Why do you say it's not stimulated during intercourse?

And yeah, I agree that there's a distinct difference between a g-spot orgasm and a cervical orgasm. Is that what you're talking about? Because I don't know that I can say I have any other kind of vaginal orgasm.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Dunno 'bout you girls, but when I'm in the middle of one, or even after one, I'm not exactly questioning WHICH part of my anatomy it occured in. Nor do I care.

Terez
07-27-2009, 03:22 PM
haha, well...I have a tendency to notice where the good feelings are coming from, especially if they seem to be coming from one place in particular. I like to know my spots, so I know how to trigger the erogenous zone. Much preferable to wasting time on things that don't work.

But I imagine some women are hyper-sensitive and don't have to think about it too much. I'm not. I wouldn't say I'm under-sensitive, but there are clear lines between erogenous zones and not-so-erogenous zones.

Cary Sedai
07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I would have to say that I have had all three types of orgasms defined above. I definetly have a g-spot and depending on which position I'm in it is stimulated during vaginal intercourse.
Clitoral orgasms only when directly stimulated or during more specific motions in specific positions. (Ya'll figure it out. :p )
Cervical orgasms really depend on the time of month for me. Sometimes it does not feel good at all, and others its great. Position also applies.
As for g-spot orgasms, those were the last I developed. I think T may be onto something with that. Either its a developed erogenous zone, or it take a while to find it's precise spot.

There are other places I've received stimulation and had an orgasm. I've also been so excited with out any physical stimulation anywhere, other than good muscle control, and had orgasms.

I personally think a lot of it has to do with how much you are able to let yourself go and enjoy the moment w/out embaressment.

Terez
07-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Cervical orgasms really depend on the time of month for me. Sometimes it does not feel good at all, and others its great.
That's cool - I remember discussing that with you before, and I got the impression that cervical stimulation was always painful for you.

As for g-spot orgasms, those were the last I developed. I think T may be onto something with that. Either its a developed erogenous zone, or it take a while to find it's precise spot.
Yeah, and as for Anaiya's question as to how it is developed - with me I found that it was just something I had to be aware of. Once I was aware of the sensations that came from stimulating that area, I was able to concentrate on them and develop them.

So, are we all in agreement that cervical orgasms are just as legitimate as g-spot orgasms? I have to wonder how the doctors doing this research could be so misinformed. Is there anyone who has vaginal orgasms that doesn't think they have a g-spot?

Davian93
07-27-2009, 06:16 PM
*Takes a seat on the ESC couch and pulls out a Sam Adams.

Now here's a topic to which I can give my undivided attention.

Pass me a Sam Adams...

~sits down~

This should be fun.

Marie Curie 7
07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Just curious, Terez -- did you read a copy of the actual study or just the article you posted? I kinda wonder because they only did measurements on 20 women, so maybe the stats are a little questionable. And how much thicker is "substantially thicker"? :)

What about that other study mentioned that made some connection between the g-spot and production of certain "chemicals"? (I hate when articles use the generic term "chemical", like wtf is the NAME of the chemical already?) So is it just thicker tissue, or a different type of tissue, or what? (These are mostly just rhetorical questions, but maybe you've read some of the other studies...)

And yeah, I would say that the quotes in the article suggesting that the g-spot is the sole source of vaginal orgasm are misleading.

There are some suggestions that g-spot stimulation is linked to female ejaculation in some women...

Davian93
07-27-2009, 07:23 PM
I've noticed in my experience that soon to be Mrs Dav likes to have a dual stimulation of both and that is usually the funnest type of orgasm.

~blushes~

~sits back down~

Where's that Sam Adams?

Terez
07-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I've noticed in my experience that soon to be Mrs Dav likes to have a dual stimulation of both and that is usually the funnest type of orgasm. Both what? We're talking about three things here. :p

And no, Marie, I didn't read the actual research (I don't know how to go about finding it). And yeah, I noticed that their sample size was pretty small. I did, however, go so far as to ask an acquaintance on MSN if the Guardian was a respectable-ish rag, and he said it was-ish. More respectable than Fox, not as respectable as BBC. It's a gap, I know. :D

I seriously get the feeling that there is not a lot of research actually being done in this area (more important things, I suppose), and I can imagine that they have a hard time getting volunteers for some of the tests. Surveys aren't the best indicator usually.

Hopper
07-27-2009, 08:56 PM
and I can imagine that they have a hard time getting volunteers for some of the tests.

I'm sure that most of the guys here would be happy to volunteer.

Frenzy
07-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok, so Dav & Hopper have a Sam Adams in on hand.

Wonder what's in the other...

Terez
07-27-2009, 10:34 PM
A cucumber?

Frenzy
07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
www.instantrimshot.com

Mort
07-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Since I am supposed to study my own shit right now, I naturally felt compelled to flee that and search for this research paper instead. :D

I couldn't find the whole text, only the abstract. You have to pay for the whole text. I did find another article that went a little more indepth into the article showing numbers etc from NHS England (National health services?) You can find it here (http://www.nhs.uk/news/2007/January08/Pages/HuntfortheGspot.aspx):

As for the questions about the thickness:

All the women in the two groups were of a similar age (average 32–34 years). The nine women who reported an ability to achieve a vaginal orgasm had a urethrovaginal space that was on average 12.4mm thick. The 11 women without this ability had a thinner space, on average 10.4mm thick. The researchers found that this difference was statistically significant.

I think it's funny that I couldn't find even a single reference to what exactly NHS stands for. It seems like they have erradicated the whole meaning of NHS and just use it as a word like any other on the site. Kinda like KFC :P

GonzoTheGreat
07-28-2009, 04:18 AM
I think that NHS stands for National Health Service, and Wikipedia agrees with me. There's an NHS England, an NHS Scotland and an NHS Wales. Northern Ireland, of course, has such a service too, but calls it by a different name so as to piss off all the parties there equally.

Ishara
07-28-2009, 07:33 AM
There are some suggestions that g-spot stimulation is linked to female ejaculation in some women...
Um, yes. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that that may be one of the BIG ways with which one can distinguish between a vaginal (and I'm not saying strictly cervical T) orgasm and a G Spot orgasm. It's way more than they just feel different.

And Dav? TOTALLY.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Freud ussed to have a similar view of orgasms, calling a clitoral one "immature," and a cervical one, "mature."

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm with Gil lol.....I don't care the hows or whys of it just give it to me!

Davian93
07-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm with Gil lol.....I don't care the hows or whys of it just give it to me!

Giggity.

StrangePackage
07-28-2009, 09:53 AM
This is not news.

It's well settled and scientifically proven what causes female orgasms.

Me.

Ivhon
07-28-2009, 10:01 AM
/hijack

On those pay-for-research sites, do the actual authors get a residual? Or does all of the money go to the website?

/hijack off

There is a definite difference in the tissue. Easy to feel - thicker and rougher. Sort of like feeling the inside of your cheek and then your tongue...although not that rough.

StrangePackage
07-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Since Ivhon brought it up, I'll second that. I've got some experience in the tactile differences between a girl who is capable of having a g-spot orgasm and those who aren't, and you can definitely feel it. My first girlfriend was VERY orgasmic (and ejaculated) and she had a very discernable "pad" for lack of a better term.

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure about all this talk on Pads and such. I think I may be different from the norm because I can easily have clitoral orgasms during sex (mind you it does have to be the right position) but they are always better during sex so maybe its a combination I'm not sure. But that ones ALWAYS present... maybe that's why I like being on top all the time LOL.

Mort
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
God, isn't it great getting info on topics like these, yes?

Terez
07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure about all this talk on Pads and such. I think I may be different from the norm because I can easily have clitoral orgasms during sex (mind you it does have to be the right position) but they are always better during sex so maybe its a combination I'm not sure. But that ones ALWAYS present... maybe that's why I like being on top all the time LOL. Maybe you could use some developing. :D (haha, I'm sure SP will be along to talk about your pad in a bit, but...)

Seriously, cause that's how it was for me - I was older than you before I managed to start having true vaginal orgasms, so I'm thinking that tissue does develop over time, and maybe yours is developed enough that you can feel it, but not fully developed. Not that I expect you to answer, but have you ever tried stimulating just that spot? There were some doctors that think that the g-spot is somehow an internal extension of the clitoris, and that wouldn't surprise me, because they definitely feel connected to me.

Also, I have vaginal orgasms (seriously strong ones), but I don't ejaculate. And I'm not sure I want to - sex is messy enough as it is...does it actually make things feel better? Because I'm sure there's a website or two (thousand) teaching you how to do it if you don't already...

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Dont get me wrong T, there's a difference, my point was its is very easy to have both during sex without outside stimulation. Which doesn't seem to be the norm?

And so to answer your question no I have not in the fast few years, I leave that up to my other half. TBH I don't get much out of anything unless I'm making someone else happy at the same time... I take that back, the physical pleasure is there and almost as good, but the fulfillment is not there if I'm alone. Therefore its nowhere near as good.

Everything really depends on the guy and my last two experiences (Mr. Zae included) are worlds different than anything before that. I don't give a shit what anyone says, size matters and it changes everything. Granted the knowledge ha to be there as well, no use having a huge ass sledgehappmer if you don't know how to swing it.

Terez
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
haha, yeah I'll agree that size matters, somewhat. But honestly, some of the best sex I've ever had was with a really small guy. He knew how to make me feel it. :D

John Snow
07-28-2009, 01:09 PM
/hijack

On those pay-for-research sites, do the actual authors get a residual? Or does all of the money go to the website?

It's the bloody med journals who can't give up their ridiculous subscription rates. Most likely they're also charging the author a page charge to put the article in print.
*grumble, grumble*

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh not saying you can't have good sex with a smaller guy, but it changes how things work. I'm not a fan but then it hasn't been proven to me otherwise, and now never will lol

Ivhon
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
It's the bloody med journals who can't give up their ridiculous subscription rates. Most likely they're also charging the author a page charge to put the article in print.
*grumble, grumble*

Pisses me off. Even as a student I have to jump through hoops to avoid having to pay MORE money just to finish my papers.

Terez
07-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Pisses me off. Even as a student I have to jump through hoops to avoid having to pay MORE money just to finish my papers. Not only that - think about how FREAKING AWESOME it would be if there were real online databases for research, with links to articles, and you never had to worry about whether or not your school had access to the journal. Think about how much student (and professional) research would improve. Sometimes I think copyright law is one of the biggest things standing between us and the new era.

Oh not saying you can't have good sex with a smaller guy, but it changes how things work. I'm not a fan but then it hasn't been proven to me otherwise, and now never will lol Yeah, it definitely changes how things work...and I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a 'fan', but I'm definitely open-minded.

Marie Curie 7
07-28-2009, 02:25 PM
And no, Marie, I didn't read the actual research (I don't know how to go about finding it). And yeah, I noticed that their sample size was pretty small. I did, however, go so far as to ask an acquaintance on MSN if the Guardian was a respectable-ish rag, and he said it was-ish. More respectable than Fox, not as respectable as BBC. It's a gap, I know.

Eh, I wasn't really worried about the reliability of the source. It's just that those sorts of articles usually don't give many details about the studies themselves.

Um, yes. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that that may be one of the BIG ways with which one can distinguish between a vaginal (and I'm not saying strictly cervical T) orgasm and a G Spot orgasm. It's way more than they just feel different.

Well, it might be for some women but there's not much research on the mechanism of female ejaculation, either. In fact, that other study cited in the article that Terez posted says a little about it. Here's an article on that study (again, not the actual research itself because that's by subscription…I doubt my library subscribes to the journal because we don't have a med school, so I could get the articles but it would probably take a couple of days).

Bigger is better when it comes to the G spot (http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2495)

* 19:00 03 July 2002 by Nicola Jones

Drugs such as Viagra should work for some women - especially if they have a big G spot. This spot, famed for producing spectacular orgasms, turns out to be awash with the enzymes that these drugs act on.

The term G spot, coined by Ernest Gräfenberg in 1950, refers to an area a few centimetres up inside the vagina on the side closest to a woman's stomach (see diagram). Buried in the flesh here are the Skene's glands, the female equivalent of the prostate gland.

In men, the prostate produces the watery component of semen. In women, Skene's glands are also thought to produce a watery substance that may explain female "ejaculation". The tissue surrounding these glands, which includes the part of the clitoris that reaches up inside the vagina, swells with blood during sexual arousal. And there's some evidence that nerves in the area produce an orgasm different to one produced by clitoral stimulation.

Nevertheless, there is still debate about whether the G spot even exists. "Not everyone has accepted this yet," says Beverly Whipple, a neurophysiologist who co-wrote a book about the G spot in the 1980s. So Emmanuele Jannini of the University of Aquila, Italy, and his team decided to look for biochemical markers of sexual function in the area where the G spot is meant to be. They picked PDE5, an enzyme that chews up the nitric oxide that triggers erections. Viagra works by blocking PDE5.

Researchers had seen evidence of nitric oxide activity in the clitoris before, but no one had actually looked for PDE5 enzymes or knew exactly where they might be. "It's ridiculous but true that we've waited till now to really know the female anatomy," says Jannini.

He found PDE5 in the vagina of five volunteers, he will report in Adult Urology. Dissections of 14 cadavers revealed that the enzymes were mostly clustered in the G spot. But in two of the subjects with much lower concentrations of PDE5, he couldn't find any Skene's glands at all. "For such women, having a vaginal orgasm is anatomically impossible," he says.

Whipple and others suspect the glands may have been there but were too small to spot. Even so, the small size of the area should make a "G-spot orgasm" unlikely.

The findings suggest that Viagra and related drugs like tadalafil and vardenafil, set to hit the market in a few months, should have the greatest effect on women who have large Skene's glands and heaps of PDE5. Trials of Viagra in women have so far had mixed results. Some researchers speculate that this is because the women tested had too broad a range of sexual problems, from not reaching orgasm to not wanting sex at all. Jannini's work suggests that a woman's anatomy might also make a difference.

"Research in women using these drugs has been hampered by a lack of a framework demonstrating the biochemical processes governing the female sexual response," says Helen O'Connell of the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia, who showed in 1998 that the clitoris is far bigger than anyone thought. "That understanding of the clitoral and vaginal structure and function is developing is great for women."

So how do you tell if you've got a G spot? Sadly, because Skene's glands are so well hidden by the surrounding tissue, no visual examination can reveal if a women has them or not. Only personal experience can do the trick.

But even for those with a small G spot or none at all, Viagra-type drugs might still have some effect, as PDE5 is found in the clitoris too. And other drugs that stimulate arousal via the brain could soon become available. But Jannini and Whipple both agree that the female orgasm is so complex that drugs alone won't work for everyone.

So the thought is that female ejaculation occurs from the Skene's glands, which are located near the g-spot. Some studies try to equate the Skene's glands and the g-spot, but it sounds now more like they're just in the same region.

And yeah, the lack of research on female sexual function is annoying...

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
SO... hmmm are we talking the same spot that you can feel when arroused in general, not necessarily during any physical acts... that in my estimation would be up and towards the stomach as well and physical stimulation intensifies that?

Or as I like to put it the same as ~ OMG I have to pee so bad bladder orgasm~
I mean the area is like the same spot for all three...

Yes more research needed...

Ivhon
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
SO... hmmm are we talking the same spot that you can feel when arroused in general, not necessarily during any physical acts... that in my estimation would be up and towards the stomach as well and physical stimulation intensifies that?

That would be it.

Sinistrum
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM

I volunteer to assist in it.

Terez
07-28-2009, 03:26 PM

Or as I like to put it the same as ~ OMG I have to pee so bad bladder orgasm~
I mean the area is like the same spot for all three...

Yes more research needed... It doesn't seem so much like the same spot to me as all being connected. By nerves? I'm extremely ignorant anatomically, hence the research in the first place. But I think the 'spot', in general, is a rough patch of sensitive skin on the top wall of the vagina. That's where the stimulation occurs, but the sensation goes pretty deep (hence why it's a good spot). It's connected to the sensation caused by clitoral stimulation, but for me, it feels different when stimulated from the g-spot (seems to be more involved with other erogenous zones).

Anyway, usually when I'm not too particularly aroused, stimulation of the g-spot doesn't really do anything for me - just feels like any other part of the vagina being stimulated. But after a good warm-up, it starts to come alive.

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 06:46 PM
I really think its all around the same spot...it would be the "top" I think.... I'm not talkin bout the cervix...thats rough for me due to it being all friable (sp?) and such...good thing I'm always throughly enjoying myself or sex would really suck...but I'm gonna say I get more of a "oh holy sh**" feeling and is only good if i'm in the mood for some old fashion masochistic pleasures...

Is there any TMI on TL anymore? I guess the subject line is caution enough.... like the big effin red button

Verin Mathwin
07-28-2009, 07:22 PM
For some reason I still feel compelled to read this thread, and I have no idea why...

Mort
07-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Is there any TMI on TL anymore? I guess the subject line is caution enough.... like the big effin red button
TMI? No Officer, havn't seen it, yet.

I'm still waiting for someone to suggest an orgie at the next TL meet, and for someone else to seriously consider it :D
Now I havn't ever been to those meets, so those orgies might already be happening and I'm just about airing the biggest secret on TL atm :P

I have an idea... the new site will have a blog function. It seems we can't really get enough of the sex talk around here, so how about a sex blog? With weekly columns and everything :D That'll turn the heat up real quick.

For some reason I still feel compelled to read this thread, and I have no idea why...

It's biological, just roll with it.

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Now I havn't ever been to those meets, so those orgies might already be happening and I'm just about airing the biggest secret on TL atm

You don't know what you're missing ! mwhahahahaahaha

Terez
07-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I really think its all around the same spot...it would be the "top" I think.... I'm not talkin bout the cervix...thats rough for me due to it being all friable (sp?) and such...good thing I'm always throughly enjoying myself or sex would really suck...but I'm gonna say I get more of a "oh holy sh**" feeling and is only good if i'm in the mood for some old fashion masochistic pleasures...
For some reason it never hurts for me. It's kinda like the g-spot for me as far as being an erogenous zone, though - I have to be pretty warmed up for it to start triggering orgasmic feelings. But they are, like the g-spot sensations, much more involved than clitoral sensations, which are mostly concentrated in that one spot...and though the sensation does go deep, it's sort of an arrow-deep kind of thing, rather than the permeating sensation of vaginal orgasm.

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 08:35 PM
yep, know exactly what you mean....

yks 6nnetu hing
07-29-2009, 03:29 AM
1) for me, most of it is in the head. I can orgasm just reading... which is one reason I like romance novels :P Also, I get an incredible high out of the guy having a good time. Kind of an ego boost, which gets my brain all fired up which makes all the connections to the nerve endings in the cervix, g-spot and clitoris extra sensitive... and off I go. Usually about half a second after him.

2) any kind of multiple stimulation = good

3) size matters but skill/consideration/cnack/whatever you want to call it matters MUCH more (and if there's no skill then I prefer a smaller size, less pain - I'm not a masochist. But then this is speculation, I've never been with a "small" guy)

4) I don't always orgasm, but I always, and I repeat always, enjoy the whole thing. Hence another question for the ladies - do you, too? Or is an orgasm-less sex no sex at all?

GonzoTheGreat
07-29-2009, 04:27 AM
for me, most of it is in the head.That's the grilled cheese orgasm, isn't it?

yks 6nnetu hing
07-29-2009, 05:24 AM
That's the grilled cheese orgasm, isn't it? no, I think it's more of a cottage cheese orgasm ;) *imagines brain if it were a kind of cheese*

But there's no denying, grilling cheese is a turn-on for me even though *I* never get a full meal out of it.

StrangePackage
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
I would love to be more involved in this discussion, but I am already feeling awkward about talking about people I've been with in the past...

Ishara
07-29-2009, 08:23 AM
I'd copy your whole post yks, but EXACTLY. I totally, 100% agree.

For me, I have to know that he's enjoying himself or I can't get ramped up. I love knowing that I'm the cause for his pleasure I guess. It's totally psychological for me. Which is one of the reasons that I love making grilled cheese sandwiches. It's just gratifying.

As for the g-spot, that usually happens during marathon events, because yeah, it takes a significant amount of warming up, imo. But DUDE. Not neat is all I'm saying. Personally. And it's better accessed with very specific positions only. Specific and repetitive.

Typically, 9 times out of 10 it's a 1-2 punch, because there's dual action going on. But then, even if I don't (and sometimes I prefer not to...shrug), it's still amazing cause I know it's great for him too (once I got him over that whole inadequacy thing). It took a lot of convincing, but it's not a lie. You just don't ned to every time.

In fact, for me...I always - like always - go first. And then second or third before him. I'll sometimes get wrapped up into feeling selfish or just plain exhausted and all floaty and then I need the convincing. I'd like to think he's not lying! LOL. Such is life I suppose.

Oatman
07-29-2009, 08:38 AM
This almost feels like eavesdropping on a conversation I'm not supposed to hear.

Terez
07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I always enjoy sex whether or not I have an orgasm during. Well, almost always - I have been with some duds. I only have multiples by myself, though - it takes some serious expertise to trigger those for me, and I've never been with one guy long enough to teach him how. :)

Davian93
07-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I always enjoy sex whether or not I have an orgasm during. Well, almost always - I have been with some duds. I only have multiples by myself, though - it takes some serious expertise to trigger those for me, and I've never been with one guy long enough to teach him how. :)

She almost always has multiples when we do stuff...that's not normal?

Just kidding, we're just a good match for each other.

Ishara
07-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Okay Dav - seriously: selfish or okay? I need an objective male opinion.

Sinistrum
07-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I think its a-ok. Girls aren't the only ones who get off on getting the other person off. Its usually what I shoot for every time personally unless its a quicky.

Zanguini
07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Here ya go Sini

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/trek/jnai2.jpg

Davian93
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Okay Dav - seriously: selfish or okay? I need an objective male opinion.

In all seriousness: Trust me, its totally 100% Okay.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Perfect! Just need to photoshop his face over Rikers'. Hell, he's even got the same beard half the time!

Ishara
07-29-2009, 02:03 PM
In all seriousness: Trust me, its totally 100% Okay. Phew!

You know typically men get the bad wrap for passing out after orgasms? Well in our relationship, it's usually me that needs a good nap afterwards. I "blame" multiples, but seriously...enough. LOL. Your turn! Or I pass out. Gently. Told you: selfish (at least in my mind).

Terez
07-29-2009, 03:39 PM
I always want to pass out after orgasm, especially multiples (those are exhausting). Guys only get a bad rap for passing out because they have a bad habit of passing out before the girl has even had one orgasm.

Zaela Sedai
07-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Either all girls are the same, or all of us are the same lol. We need our egos stroked, makes us feel good...bottom line. I would really like to see some of the faces people are making while reading this...

"Girls aren't sposed to talk this way wtf!" ~reads more~

Lol, don't ever tell us we don't tell you what we want :p

And yes everyone should be allowed to pass out after good sex...and the preferably be woken up to have some more :D Unfortunately work gets in the way of this during the week... I'm all for poolin some money together, we all move to a self sufficient island community where the only rule is we can have sex or read whenever we want :D :D

Terez
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I just realized that I might have been implying that you can only have one orgasm trigger type at a time. It's not true - I find that all three spots get warmed up at different rates, but if all three of them are ready to go, they'll all go at once (if they are all being stimulated) when the orgasm comes. That's the best kind of orgasm to me. The clitoris is the only one of the three that's always sensitive for me, and takes the least time to warm up. Which can actually be somewhat convenient during intercourse if the guy has some stamina (or, in the interest of purely noble ideals of gay/lesbian inclusion, if the girl has a strap-on, or even better, ditch the strap because then the girl can handle the stimulation of all areas at once). Also, stimulation of the clitoris can contribute to warming everything else up properly, and definitely makes the process go quicker altogether.

This is all based on my own personal research, of which I have done quite a bit, but of course it's subject to the fact that all girls have physical differences to some degree (for instance, I have no experience with female ejaculation so I'm totally unqualified to comment on it).

And yeah, we are all the same to a degree (like Zae said), both psychologically and physically. But I'm trying to separate the physical from the psychological just a bit, in the interest of all women having better orgasms because we know our bodies better. :)

Sex is always the best when it's with someone you are attracted to, and it's even better when it's with someone you have feelings for. But these things are pretty irrelevant to the analysis of the actual workings of the body. In fact, you could say that our inability to separate those things has a lot to do with why there has been so little research done on the subject. But in turn, you could say that it's socialization that creates our mindset (I think it's a bit of both).

yks 6nnetu hing
07-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Either all girls are the same, or all of us are the same lol. We need our egos stroked, makes us feel good...bottom line. I would really like to see some of the faces people are making while reading this...

"Girls aren't sposed to talk this way wtf!" ~reads more~

Lol, don't ever tell us we don't tell you what we want :p

And yes everyone should be allowed to pass out after good sex...and the preferably be woken up to have some more :D Unfortunately work gets in the way of this during the week... I'm all for poolin some money together, we all move to a self sufficient island community where the only rule is we can have sex or read whenever we want :D :D

Hehe, now all the guys know what all the girls talk about when they go to the bathroom together. Although, for me, this is more of a sauna-talk with ice-cold beer :) mmmm....

I don't necessarily pass out, but I do have the best sleep after an orgasm. To be honest, sometimes I... ehm... strive for one at least partly because I know I can fall asleep later. Much better than sleeping pills ;)

I think I'm turning into an insomniac :( keep waking up way too early and not able to fall asleep again. Right now is manageable but if it gets any worse I think I might need to see a doctor...

Back on topic, from the physiological point of view I agree with T.

Oatman
07-30-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't necessarily pass out, but I do have the best sleep after an orgasm. To be honest, sometimes I... ehm... strive for one at least partly because I know I can fall asleep later. Much better than sleeping pills

I think I'm turning into an insomniac keep waking up way too early and not able to fall asleep again. Right now is manageable but if it gets any worse I think I might need to see a doctor...

Or a gigolo.
I'll return to quietly observing from the corner now.

yks 6nnetu hing
07-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Or a gigolo.
I'll return to quietly observing from the corner now.
voyeur, are you?

Terez
07-30-2009, 06:13 AM
I think most of the guys are being voyeuristic in this thread. It's kind of nice that way - if they get too involved then the discussion will eventually just turn into a flirting thread. :D

I had the first purely clitoral orgasm I've had in a while tonight (or this morning I guess, lol). I usually avoid them, holding out for the more involved orgasm instead, but this one was nice, and took less than a minute to achieve. :D

yks 6nnetu hing
07-30-2009, 06:42 AM
that was slightly TMI...

Terez
07-30-2009, 06:47 AM
haha, why? Because I mentioned that it was tonight, rather than talking about it in a past tense sort of way?

yks 6nnetu hing
07-30-2009, 06:56 AM
yes, pretty much.

big difference between generalizations and theoretical talk and actual factual datestamped info.

Terez
07-30-2009, 07:10 AM
I wonder why.

You'll have to excuse me - I'm missing quite a lot of the things that make for being socially well-adjusted, as I'm sure many here would testify. :)

Oatman
07-30-2009, 07:18 AM
voyeur, are you?

Only when I know I can't make a meaningful contribution.

Wait... dammit!

Ishara
07-30-2009, 07:40 AM
LOL - yeah T - it's the datestamped bit that seperates the general from the too specfic.

And I don't know that I agree about female orgasms not being linked to emotion. I've had sex with guys I didn't love, or even like much (towards the end of a really fucked up relationship) and I have to tell you it made a huge difference in the way that I felt and the way that I reacted - regardless of the effort put forth by the guy.

When it's someone you care deeply about and are deeply attrcated to - it's like they have to less work cause you're halfway there just by being with him - no?

GonzoTheGreat
07-30-2009, 08:08 AM
When it's someone you care deeply about and are deeply attrcated to - it's like they have to less work cause you're halfway there just by being with him - no?So if you get the chick to really, really like you, then you won't have to bother trying very hard. On the other hand, getting her to like you that much is very hard work, usually.
Decisions, decisions ...

Terez
07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
And I don't know that I agree about female orgasms not being linked to emotion. No one said they weren't linked - quite the opposite. ;)

And Gonzo, don't pretend that you're actually considering it. :(

Ishara
07-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh, okay then. I thought maybe I was misunderstanding. Good!

Terez
07-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, all I'm saying is that the emotion thing is a no-brainer. Of course sex is better when you're emotionally involved. But that has nothing to do with the actual functions of the female erogenous area, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. :D

Zaela Sedai
07-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Its so psychological its rediculous.... at least for me. I've only been with three people where I would classify it as "great" sex and it is definitely tied to emotions. For me its not really good unless I'm really emotionally attached. But it doesn't have to be love, though that's the best of course, and what I have now. But a "friend" can be just as connected as my past has proven to me.

Is this same for everyone else or is it just me...

Davian93
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Its so psychological its rediculous.... at least for me. I've only been with three people where I would classify it as "great" sex and it is definitely tied to emotions. For me its not really good unless I'm really emotionally attached. But it doesn't have to be love, though that's the best of course, and what I have now. But a "friend" can be just as connected as my past has proven to me.

Is this same for everyone else or is it just me...

FWIW, its the same with me. Even though, as a guy, obviously I go everytime I have sex, its far far better when its with someone you absolutely are head over heels in love with. I can honestly say that we both knew the other was the one after our first time doing it...well, actually it was the 2nd time but still in the same night to be technical. It was spectacular. We didn't leave the house for the first 6 months we dated and we still can't get enough of each other 5 years later...crazy, huh?

Zaela Sedai
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
you're very lucky ;)

Davian93
07-30-2009, 05:49 PM
you're very lucky ;)

Or a nympho...one of the two at least.;)

Terez
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Like I said, Zae, that is a no-brainer. Of course it's better when you're with someone you have feelings for. I think that's the fourth time I've said that now. No one is debating that point - it's just irrelevant to the discussion, partly because it's not really a variable.

Zaela Sedai
07-30-2009, 06:35 PM
I wasn't talking feelings really, not in a romantic way...I was ... bah nvm I'm confused

Dav, theres nothing wrong with Nymphomania...unless you're not getting laid that is

Frenzy
07-31-2009, 01:13 AM
Dav, theres nothing wrong with Nymphomania...unless you're not getting laid that is
HAH! :D

Have you read any of the studies/reports that intimate that female orgasms have a beneficial effect on certain types of migraines? Seems the rush of hormones combined with vasodilation (that's blood vessels dilating and constricting and such for us non-MD types) put the kybosh on migraines started by those two triggers.

i have to say it's my favorite form of headache relief.

yks 6nnetu hing
07-31-2009, 01:32 AM

Have you read any of the studies/reports that intimate that female orgasms have a beneficial effect on certain types of migraines? Seems the rush of hormones combined with vasodilation (that's blood vessels dilating and constricting and such for us non-MD types) put the kybosh on migraines started by those two triggers.

agree. Dai is my best medicine ever!

It's a little difficult to get all worked up through the pain but once you do, :D

back to topic at hand - clitoris: easiest to achieve an orgasm. G-spot: almost always needs help from the good old brain. cervix: never had a purely cervical orgasm, probably because my uterus is tilted forward which apparenlty isn't all that common.

GonzoTheGreat
07-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Yeah, all I'm saying is that the emotion thing is a no-brainer.Could explain why our species is so good at producing no-brainers ...

hippie-joe
07-31-2009, 10:35 PM
is there still room on that couch? oh never mind

~sits on the floor up against the wall~

Um... the development of most anything in the body stems from intake, eg. nutrients, vitamins minerals and such. i don't suppose that was a control in any experiment...

~pulls a bong out of back pack~ hehe

Ishara
08-01-2009, 12:00 AM
For me, I can't physically get worked up until my head's in the game T. I know what you're saying about it being possible, but I'm going to have an orgasm, I have to be feeling it in my head too. Of course, that may just be because I've never felt inclined to have an orgasm while having sex with someone I didn't care for. It sounds super corny, but I'm not wasting it on just anybody, you know?

And the G? For me, it has to come after at least one other orgasm, and it involves one very specific position and loads of time and precision. I can count on one hand how many of those I've had.

Clitoral and cervical? Pfft. Who counts? ;)

Zaela Sedai
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Speaking of Sirens....(just saw your sig Ish) we still need a third... and well if YKS is planning on sticking around.... What say yee?

Seems a good thread to bring it up in LOL

yks 6nnetu hing
08-03-2009, 04:04 AM
I can be a siren :) although I thought there wasn't a set number to those. Homer says 2 but later authors quibble between 2 and 5. There were 3 fates and 9 muses and 5000 Oceanides one of which was the one I was named after and had 500 daughters the Nereides, one of which was the mother of Archilles. I am Brad Pitt's grandmother!

where was I?

oh, yes, the sirens, yes, I would love to distract sailors and entice them to their doom with my song. I can't really sing but who cares, right?

Edit: I think there were also three Furies (but we already have thos epositions filled ;) )

Gilshalos Sedai
08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey, uh, Zae.... that ain't up to you, dear. ;) But yes, I was planning on nominating at least two more Sirens and starting on the Bane Sidhe.

Zaela Sedai
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey, uh, Zae.... that ain't up to you, dear. ;) But yes, I was planning on nominating at least two more Sirens and starting on the Bane Sidhe.

I know, hence why I was bringing it up! Just my thought and nomination :p

Ishara
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Oooh! I love yks! I want her to be my sister-Siren. xo

yks 6nnetu hing
08-05-2009, 02:13 AM
aww :) I love you too Ish! And Zae too :)

*waits for Dav to say "giggity"*

GonzoTheGreat
08-05-2009, 03:04 AM
aww :) I love you too Ish! And Zae too :)Pics or it didn't happen.

Davian93
08-05-2009, 05:19 AM
aww :) I love you too Ish! And Zae too :)

*waits for Dav to say "giggity"*

I'm not sure I'm allowed to do that now that I'm bonded to Brita...

yks 6nnetu hing
08-05-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm not sure I'm allowed to do that now that I'm bonded to Brita...
That depends on whether she's a Communist or Democratic kind of Aes Sedai. In communism if it's not specifically said that it's allowed then it's forbidden. In Democracy if it's not specifically said it's forbidden then it's allowed ;)

Ivhon
08-05-2009, 06:35 AM

Makes it a bit more difficult to use the "I can't tonight, I have a headache" excuse though...

Terez
08-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Obviously that research was done by chauvinist pigs.

Davian93
08-05-2009, 06:43 AM
That depends on whether she's a Communist or Democratic kind of Aes Sedai. In communism if it's not specifically said that it's allowed then it's forbidden. In Democracy if it's not specifically said it's forbidden then it's allowed ;)

I love it when threads cross over like that.

Zaela Sedai
08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Alright, I think Ish needs a new Avatar, YKS's screams come and get me, mine shows me deciding what to do to you next... pull one out girl ;)

yks 6nnetu hing
08-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
how didn't I see this before?

does it count that there's pics of me and Isa, of Isa and Zae and of Isa and Ish? It's like Isa is the missing link, the mysterious...

ooh I know! "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

Only, you know, not evil;)

GonzoTheGreat
08-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Only, you know, not evil;)Do I know that? :eek:

yks 6nnetu hing
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Do I know that? :eek:
of course you do. Isa's one of the most adorable people I've ever met.

and... um... they're not THAT kind of pictures...

GonzoTheGreat
08-07-2009, 04:19 AM
of course you do. Isa's one of the most adorable people I've ever met.Not really evidence of not being evil, is it?
At most evidence that she's good at it. And I don't think I would want to accuse her of being bad at being bad.
and... um... they're not THAT kind of pictures...Then what good are they anyway?

Zaela Sedai
08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow, Isa gets around! ;)

Lol I think she's too cute NOT to be evil...

Davian93
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow, Isa gets around! ;)

Giggity.

Ishara
08-10-2009, 10:53 AM
ROFL. Pull one out for me! I'm up for ideas. I just love my baby star.

Kurtz
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Female Orgasm??? :confused:

Zaela Sedai
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
lol WHAT?

Brita
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
lol WHAT?

LOL! as in, he's never heard of one...

I don't think he read the whole thread, just added his smart ass comment at the end ;)

Davian93
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
LOL! as in, he's never heard of one...

Must not be doing something right then...

Zaela Sedai
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Must not be doing something right then...

that was my first thought

Davian93
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
that was my first thought

Poor guy.

Zaela Sedai
08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Poor guy.

that was my second thought

Brita
08-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Part of me wants to jump to the defense of my warder, but he really walked straight into this one...

Sorry Kurtzy, you're on your own with this one. :D

Kurtz
08-14-2009, 02:25 PM
I regret nothing

Jokeslayer
08-14-2009, 03:32 PM
As far as I can see, you aren't the one with anything to regret. (Though I'm assuming it's the female part confusing you. I may be wrong)

GonzoTheGreat
08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I regret nothingWrong language (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88).

GonzoTheGreat
08-17-2009, 06:56 AM
This weekend, there was a page on female orgasms in the science supplement of my newspaper. Because it was part of the series in the Darwin Year, it was not limited to human females only. First, they started out by describing some of the signs that for example female monkeys had orgasms. A lot of research had been done on this. Then they mentioned that upon further evaluation, most of those signs hadn't shown what they thought they showed, so that the research was basically useless.
So nowadays, there are researchers who are busy applying vibrators on female monkeys, while those monkeys get a brainscan at the same time. Wonder how that'll go down at parties, when those scientists tell what they do for a living.
This has improved the detection techniques for female orgasms in other animals, and the conclusion of field studies is that most of those other (female) animals only orgasm in encounters with other females, not during heterosexual encounters.

The article concluded with the statement that while we are not the only species with female orgasms, we are probably the only one with fake female orgasms.