PDA

View Full Version : Shatner's interpretation of Palin's resignation speech

JSUCamel
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/28/william-shatner-makes-pal_n_246034.html

This is hysterical

Sinistrum
07-28-2009, 01:42 PM
He's a...rocket...man!

Ivhon
07-28-2009, 03:07 PM
That was hilarious. After watching that speech I believe I have observed the client long enough to state:

Axis 1: 295.10 Schizophrenia, disorganized type
Axis 2: 301.83 Borderline Personality Disorder
317 Mild Mental Retardation
Axis 3: No diagnosis
Axis 4: Rancid Moose meat, overexposure to wackjob Alaskan churches and politicians
Axis 5: GAF = 40

Zaela Sedai
07-28-2009, 06:55 PM
oh... wOw

Davian93
07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Literally ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

SHATNER FOR PRESIDENT!

ShadowbaneX
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Literally ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

SHATNER FOR PRESIDENT!
ugh, Dave? He's Canadian.

JSUCamel
07-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I think my favorite part of the whole was how he just walked on, didn't say anything, he just started straight into the "poem" and when it was over, he just smiled, waved and walked off.

And Conan says "He's just back there whenever we need him."

That whole sketch thing is up there with one of my top favorite Conan moments.

Frenzy
07-29-2009, 12:03 AM
that was awesome

Terez
07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
No one can tell the difference between Canadians and Americans except for Canadians. After we subsume you guys into the union, he'll be legit.

GonzoTheGreat
07-29-2009, 03:42 AM
ugh, Dave? He's Canadian.Yeah, so he can't see Russia from his backgarden, which means means he's instantly fit for the presidency. He won't have to spend any training time to get over frequent views of whatever it is that Putin is doing opposite Palin's porch.

tworiverswoman
07-29-2009, 03:43 AM
That was hilarious. After watching that speech I believe I have observed the client long enough to state:

Axis 1: 295.10 Schizophrenia, disorganized type
Axis 2: 301.83 Borderline Personality Disorder
317 Mild Mental Retardation
Axis 3: No diagnosis
Axis 4: Rancid Moose meat, overexposure to wackjob Alaskan churches and politicians
Axis 5: GAF = 40Uhm - is this for Palin or Shatner?

That was ... bizarre. It was bizarre from the get-go and turning it into a tone poem might have actually saved the damn thing.

What the ... uhhh ... she ... I ...

Davian...? Boy, you must feel vindicated...

Davian93
07-29-2009, 07:03 AM

Irrelevant once the Consolidation takes place. ;)

ShadowbaneX
07-29-2009, 07:40 AM
No one can tell the difference between Canadians and Americans except for Canadians. After we subsume you guys into the union, he'll be legit.
actually, at work we're getting trained on some software by some American and even he actually says that we're different.

GonzoTheGreat
07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
actually, at work we're getting trained on some software by some American and even he actually says that we're different.And you believed him?

Gilshalos Sedai
07-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Holy shite, he's right, it WAS a poem.

A bad one, but a poem.

Ishara
07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Did anyone see Colbert's tribute? Pulling random phrases out of the wooly hat?

The bf and I tried to watch it a couple of times (her actual speech) and it really...just didn't make any sense. I felt like the teleprompter was broken or something and she was just making a go of it anyways...

Davian93
07-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Did anyone see Colbert's tribute? Pulling random phrases out of the wooly hat?

The bf and I tried to watch it a couple of times (her actual speech) and it really...just didn't make any sense. I felt like the teleprompter was broken or something and she was just making a go of it anyways...

When I first watched the Conan thing, I thought "surely this must be manipulated...she can't possibly be this stupid and wacko". Then I realized that No, this is her. She's officially entered the Neverland phase of her political career.

When your entire career can be shattered by Tina Fey, something is wrong. We should have saw this coming.

Her whole speech was ridiculously pathetic...blaming "tiny Hollywood starlets" and telling people to stop attacking you because "soldiers are dying for freedom". I mean, where is she?

Shatner and Conan just destroyed her.

Edit: Jon Stewarts episode after her resignation speech was priceless.

Ivhon
07-29-2009, 08:47 AM
When I first watched the Conan thing, I thought "surely this must be manipulated...she can't possibly be this stupid and wacko". Then I realized that No, this is her. She's officially entered the Neverland phase of her political career.

When your entire career can be shattered by Tina Fey, something is wrong. We should have saw this coming.

Her whole speech was ridiculously pathetic...blaming "tiny Hollywood starlets" and telling people to stop attacking you because "soldiers are dying for freedom". I mean, where is she?

Shatner and Conan just destroyed her.

Edit: Jon Stewarts episode after her resignation speech was priceless.

Hence the diagnosis of disorganized schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder with mild retardation. That was for Palin, Tru :) Shatner's brilliant

tanaww
07-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Sarah Palin Will Be Missed (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/239933/july-27-2009/sarah-palin-will-be-missed)

Quitter (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-july-27-2009/quitter)

Quitter: Leave Sarah Palin Alone (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-july-27-2009/quitter---leave-sarah-palin-alone)

You people continue to frustrate me (Hello! LAZY!) by actually making me find my own clips. Enjoy this brilliance from America's Heroes: Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart.