PDA

View Full Version : Ok, can y'all do me a favor?

Sei'taer
08-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Report me and lets see what happens. I'm curious. I'd like your help if I could get it. I'm sure there are enough quotes on TL to implicate me in some way. I'll let you know how it goes.

TUESDAY, AUGUST 4TH, 2009 AT 6:55 AM
Facts Are Stubborn Things
Posted by Macon Phillips
Opponents of health insurance reform may find the truth a little inconvenient, but as our second president famously said, "facts are stubborn things."

Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to "uncover" the truth about the Presidentís health insurance reform positions.

In this video, Linda Douglass, the communications director for the White Houseís Health Reform Office, addresses one example that makes it look like the President intends to "eliminate" private coverage, when the reality couldnít be further from the truth.

For the record, the President has consistently said that if you like your insurance plan, your doctor, or both, you will be able to keep them. He has even proposed eight consumer protections relating specifically to the health insurance industry.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we canít keep track of all of them here at the White House, weíre asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

Here's the link so you can see the vids if you're curious (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/)

Jalyn
08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Report me and lets see what happens. I'm curious. I'd like your help if I could get it. I'm sure there are enough quotes on TL to implicate me in some way. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was thinking about sending in links to every one of Obama's speeches on health care.

irerancincpkc
08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I was thinking about sending in links to every one of Obama's speeches on health care.
Hmm, maybe you misread the bolded section, which read 'disinformation.' Or at least, I'll just pretend you misread it... :D

Jalyn
08-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Hmm, maybe you misread the bolded section, which read 'disinformation.' Or at least, I'll just pretend you misread it... :D

Don't.

Sei'taer
08-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm guessing they will come here and post some stuff. Maybe it'd give us a chance to ask questions...although I doubt they would make the effort to come back after making a single Spam type post.

JSUCamel
08-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Don't.

Why not?

Sinistrum
08-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Hmm, maybe you misread the bolded section, which read 'disinformation.' Or at least, I'll just pretend you misread it...

And disinformation is whatever they say it is, right? I see the Ministry of Truth is in full effect. Report your neighbors to preserve the integrity of our glorious Republic!

Jalyn
08-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Why not?

Because it would be a mistake to do so. The post said exactly what I meant it to say.

JSUCamel
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Because it would be a mistake to do so. The post said exactly what I meant it to say.

I see. In that case, I'll refrain from posting snarky comments about your position on the matter.

Jalyn
08-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I see. In that case, I'll refrain from posting snarky comments about your position on the matter.

Well, all you've got from this thread is that I think that Obama, like all politicians, lies.

I think that you might be able to infer that I have a really serious problem with a government website asking people to send them information on people that disagree with their policies. (Note: You'd be right.)

I don't know that my stance on the health care bill is particularly pertinent to this thread (though I've posted it on this site before, if, for some reason, you're interested) - my problem is entirely with a blog on the white house website asking for links from websites with "disinformation" on a bill that has people particularly angry. At the very least, this seems specifically calculated to try and stop debate and dissent.

ETA: I hope that helped with the snark. I like snark.

irerancincpkc
08-05-2009, 02:14 AM
What I don't have a problem with is a President and a party who actually tries to fix things.

What I do have a problem with is a party who is whoring themselves out to insurance companies, and representing them, not their constutents. (sp)

Sinistrum
08-05-2009, 02:26 AM
What I don't have a problem with is a President and a party who actually tries to fix things.

What I do have a problem with is a party who is whoring themselves out to insurance companies, and representing them, not their constutents. (sp)

So which is which and who exactly is supporting them in this thread? Or are you having another case of "If you attack Obama you must be an evil Republican" syndrome again?

irerancincpkc
08-05-2009, 02:33 AM
So which is which and who exactly is supporting them in this thread? Or are you having another case of "If you attack Obama you must be an evil Republican" syndrome again?
Well, it's a thread about healthcare in which the President was being attacked about disinformation, which I'm sure there is plenty of no matter which side of the issue you fall on. And I did manage to get carried away, or maybe off topic is a better phrase. Sorry. :o

Jalyn
08-05-2009, 02:56 AM

Trying to fix things and doing the absolutely wrong thing* is perfectly fine.

Oh, I definitely prefer the politicians that whore themselves out to trial lawyers and unions.

*Unless, of course, the problem is that they don't have enough power over my life, then they are doing just the right things.

Sei'taer
08-05-2009, 07:44 AM
are any of you going to send a friggin email? I thought I could depend on you.....

Davian93
08-05-2009, 07:49 AM
are any of you going to send a friggin email? I thought I could depend on you.....

I think you're seriously underestimating the overall laziness of TL'ers.

irerancincpkc
08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Just to prove nothing will happen...

Sei'taer
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Just to prove nothing will happen...

Woohoo...way to go big brother Ire! You are the man, falling in line as the patsy! Remember, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
And you'll have him to blame.

Sei'taer
08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Naw...I'm one of those rare individuals that actually accepts responsibility if I screw up. If this was to go bad (which it won't, I just happen to want to know what they will do with this information) then I accept the fact that I asked for it. Not a biggie.

I hate stuff like this so I want to see what happens. Then I can go ahead and be what I am naturally...an incredible asshole. Is Obama a real Chicago politican like all the blogs say, or is he a pussy? I'm going with pussy on this one.

(Ire, you can send that too, if you want)

Davian93
08-05-2009, 12:36 PM
We've always been at war with Eastasia...