PDA

View Full Version : Around the world in 2 minutes

Oatman
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Around the world in 2 minutes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRJpUoBaIlI)

GonzoTheGreat
08-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Crete isn't a country, it is part of Greece.

Terez
08-05-2009, 03:27 AM
You do understand the difficulty of making that song work, don't you? It was quite clever...and I'm sure Crete was just a bit of spackle to make it work...

Davian93
08-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Crete isn't a country, it is part of Greece.

For now...give it time.

yks 6nnetu hing
08-05-2009, 06:06 AM
yeah... after all, Greenland is as of yesterday (I think) an independent country

Davian93
08-05-2009, 06:45 AM
yeah... after all, Greenland is as of yesterday (I think) an independent country

Completely independent?!? Wow, how the heck will they sustain themselves. Its not as if there's all that much there to begin with...even with the fishing rights and potential mineral/oil wealth.

This self determination/break every nation into its original tribes movement has really gone way too far since the end of WWI when it really got started. Some nations should learn from the U.S. example that it is our diversity that makes us such a strong nation.

yks 6nnetu hing
08-05-2009, 06:56 AM
http://www.economist.com/world/international/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14031276

so basically it'll be Denmark's version of Canada.

and apparently it happened half a month ago already... and took until now to seep into the news.

Davian93
08-05-2009, 07:16 AM
http://www.economist.com/world/international/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14031276

so basically it'll be Denmark's version of Canada.

and apparently it happened half a month ago already... and took until now to seep into the news.

As soon as they get full independence, the U.S. should secretly arrange for a Communist/Terrorist coup and then move in with a liberation force to keep the Hemisphere safe...and if we see any oil laying around, we should probably confiscate it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Purple Dragon
08-05-2009, 07:40 AM
As soon as they get full independence, the U.S. should secretly arrange for a Communist/Terrorist coup and then move in with a liberation force to keep the Hemisphere safe...and if we see any oil laying around, we should probably confiscate it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Please be so kind as to STFU...

The US already DID that... US Air bases etc... so... can it unless you DO plan to make the US sound as if they consequently try to take over the world one country at the time. have you any IDEA about how long Greenland have been trying to become independant? how many concerns there've been? how many problems there's still going to be from it? well... go look it up study, LEARN... i do NOT think this is a good topic to be wisecracking about.

Davian93
08-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Please be so kind as to STFU...

The US already DID that... US Air bases etc... so... can it unless you DO plan to make the US sound as if they consequently try to take over the world one country at the time. have you any IDEA about how long Greenland have been trying to become independant? how many concerns there've been? how many problems there's still going to be from it? well... go look it up study, LEARN... i do NOT think this is a good topic to be wisecracking about.

So, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Yeah, Greenland has been trying for a long time and it is essentially a welfare state that survives off Denmark's generosity with massively high rates of suicide and alcoholism.

What's the big deal with cracking a joke? Gonzo rips the US 50 times a day around here...didn't realize Greenland was the 3rd rail of Theoryland.

GonzoTheGreat
08-05-2009, 08:06 AM
What's the big deal with cracking a joke?Some people are good at that.

Ivhon
08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
So, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Yeah, Greenland has been trying for a long time and it is essentially a welfare state that survives off Denmark's generosity with massively high rates of suicide and alcoholism.

What's the big deal with cracking a joke? Gonzo rips the US 50 times a day around here...didn't realize Greenland was the 3rd rail of Theoryland.

How many 3rd rails do we have now?

Hmm...lessee...the sexual heat from all those gay marriages is certainly contributing to the global warming that will ultimately result in Greenland being an independent archipelago that will have to raise taxes to support itself. Alcoholics, of course, are much more likely to torture folks like islamic fascists while at the same time driving up the costs of health care.

Personally, I blame Dick Cheney, George Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin and Barak Obama.

But then, you can also blame Christianity, because there is no God.

Think that covers it...

Oh yeah... Fain will be the D.O.'s representative at the last battle. Long live Taimandred! You? NO!!

GonzoTheGreat
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I think you left out the cucumber.

Ivhon
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM

That's not a third rail...except to maybe one person.

Hmm...cucumber=long and slender. Rail=long and slender... Maybe I should retract that.

Davian93
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM

I thought Frenzy did that...

Ivhon
08-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I thought Frenzy did that...

Pretty sure that "leaving it out" is not what she did.....

yks 6nnetu hing
08-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Maybe I should retract that.
hehehehe

retractable cucumbers

Zanguini
08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Hmm there is only one air force base in Greenland and it is at Thule(thats toolie) which is so inhospitable they have snow shelters ever 100 yards in case of random blizzard attacks you will have somewhere to hide.

GonzoTheGreat
08-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Hmm there is only one air force base in Greenland and it is at Thule(thats toolie) which is so inhospitable they have snow shelters ever 100 yards in case of random blizzard attacks you will have somewhere to hide.Would be a nice change for those guys who now complain about being stuck in Iraq, wouldn't it?

Davian93
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Hmm there is only one air force base in Greenland and it is at Thule(thats toolie) which is so inhospitable they have snow shelters ever 100 yards in case of random blizzard attacks you will have somewhere to hide.

Thule is basically a big runway and a huge field of golfballs (radar sites).

JSUCamel
08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
hehehehe

retractable cucumbers

This is why I love you, yks. I had the exact same thought running through my head.

Crispin's Crispian
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Pretty sure that "leaving it out" is not what she did.....
Out of the fridge for a few minutes to warm up.

tanaww
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
IIRC, Richie Cunningham was assigned to Greenland when he went in the Army on Happy Days.

/random tangent

PD, I could use a Tuborg ;)