PDA

View Full Version : Mark Forum Read

Ishara
08-10-2009, 11:21 AM
It's not working for me! I can't click on "Forum Tools" in the forum header anymore. At home, it opens up down and to the right, so I have to manipulate the scroll bar a bit to find it. Inefficient sure, but works fine. But at work (where I am now) it won't even click. I've tried everything and it's not working! Furthermore, I know this is an easy fix, but I can;t get the forum to fit into my screen. It's too small and I have to scroll halfway down the page to even get to the top of the page. Is that why?

Honestly, if I can't track the forums using the "marked" feature I'm not sure what I'll do...:(

Weird Harold
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
It's not working for me! I can't click on "Forum Tools" in the forum header anymore. At home, it opens up down and to the right, so I have to manipulate the scroll bar a bit to find it. Inefficient sure, but works fine. But at work (where I am now) it won't even click. I've tried everything and it's not working! Furthermore, I know this is an easy fix, but I can;t get the forum to fit into my screen. It's too small and I have to scroll halfway down the page to even get to the top of the page. Is that why?

Honestly, if I can't track the forums using the "marked" feature I'm not sure what I'll do...:(
I don't know about the Forum Tools drop down, but the screen problem is your screen resolution at work. What you describe is what I see at 800x600 resolution.

The forum tools problem migh be a browser setting problem if your browser at work has javascript disabled.

Terez
08-10-2009, 07:17 PM
You should still be able to mark them read from the 'forums home' page, beneath all of the forums. It only works for all of them at once, but seeing as how you only really follow Non, that shouldn't be a problem. I always use that one, and I just go to the short work forums first so that I don't have to worry about people posting on Non while I'm checking out the other forums.

Ishara
08-11-2009, 08:08 AM
I follow the other ones too! :p I am just currently refusing to respond to idiocy. Still read them though. That's helpful though. Good idea. I'll try it today.

Ishara
08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Okay, I know I seem to be the only person with this piddly problem but I'm DYING. It works here at home, but not at work. What do I do?! I checked Java, and the work pc has always had it enabled, so nothing new vis a vis settings....

I love you forever if you help....!

Weird Harold
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Okay, I know I seem to be the only person with this piddly problem but I'm DYING. It works here at home, but not at work. What do I do?! I checked Java, and the work pc has always had it enabled, so nothing new vis a vis settings....

I love you forever if you help....!

Java and javascript are not the same thing and it is the scripting that isn't working for you.

Do you visit any other vBulletin systems? Does the same function work there but no here?

Ishara
08-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Java and javascript are not the same thing and it is the scripting that isn't working for you. Huh. I didn't know that! Unfortunately, I don't visit any other forums, let alone any other vb ones. Hmm...

ETA:

Blessed angels sing!!! I tried out of habit just now and it worked. Yay!!!