PDA

View Full Version : Second Skin - Documentary on MMORPG's

Mort
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Seen this documentary on MMORPGs (http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/second_skin/), it's pretty good, and it's only online until thursday (for some reason). All the good and the bad about playing.

Check it out.

DahLliA
08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
not much I didn't know. but think they did a good job showing both the good and bad sides of online gaming

StrangePackage
08-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I never cared for MMORPGs. I tried. I just couldn't bring myself to care enough to get good at them.

Regarding the film- Moms should be forbidden from doing anything. By Moms, I mean women who have children and who refuse to have an existence outside of those children. That woman who goes on and on blaming games for her son's suicide overlooks the fact that some people are just depressed and seek outlets for validation. The game didn't kill her son- her son killed herself and it's no one's fault. She wants desperately for someone to blame because she feels like her son's suicide robbed her of her own purpose in life- and so after he's gone, she goes on making a huge deal in the fight to stop what she feels robbed her of her purpose.

It's sad and she needs as much help, if not more, than the people she supposes to help.

/rant.