PDA

View Full Version : New Design questions

SauceyBlueConfetti
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I have a question...I was hoping to find the answere in the resdesign thread but I didn't see antying about this.

When I am in the Hybrid viewing mode, the thread list extends past my viewing area. I have my resolution set at 1080x1024, but I am not sure if this is an issue or I AM DOING something wrong (which I assume is the case).

If I click on the display button, etc, they show up on the page extension and I have to scroll sideways to find them.

Any suggestions? I will be the first to admit I am not techie oriented, but this stuff has been bugging me and I am figuring out things by playing...which isn't conducive to newbies viewing TL in my opinion.

Mort
08-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Sure you aren't using 1280x1024? If you actually are using 1080x1024, which I'm not even sure is possible as a setting, your width isn't in the right format, it isn't in the normal 4:3 or 16:9, which the site most likely is made to support. So you are running a lesser width than usually so that's why you have to go sideways.

Although I'm almost more inclined to think think you just misspelled 1280 for 1080 though and the problem is based on something else. :)

Weird Harold
08-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I have a question...I was hoping to find the answere in the resdesign thread but I didn't see antying about this.

When I am in the Hybrid viewing mode, the thread list extends past my viewing area. I have my resolution set at 1080x1024, but I am not sure if this is an issue or I AM DOING something wrong (which I assume is the case).

If I click on the display button, etc, they show up on the page extension and I have to scroll sideways to find them.

Any suggestions? I will be the first to admit I am not techie oriented, but this stuff has been bugging me and I am figuring out things by playing...which isn't conducive to newbies viewing TL in my opinion.
Sounds like a browser problem if it is doing that on all threads with enough tree width to bring up the scrollbar on the Hybrid display box.

If it is only doing it on one or two threads, it's probably something in the thread itself that stretches the forum width so the scroll-box extends off-screen.

I just checked and the hybrid mode works like it is supposed to for me at 1280x1024 with a scroll-box for the tree when it gets wider than the thread.

SauceyBlueConfetti
08-12-2009, 04:14 PM
1280x1024

I noticed it on the "I'm back" thread in Non. Others appear fine.

Weird Harold
08-12-2009, 05:52 PM
1280x1024

I noticed it on the "I'm back" thread in Non. Others appear fine.
I checked that thread just now, and the tree box works exactly like it is suppose to for me -- at both 800x600 and 1280x1024 using Firefox 2.

tworiverswoman
08-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Here's another question for you -- is there something wrong with the size control feature for fonts?

this is size 2 (default

this is size 3

this is size 4

this is size 5

this is size 6

this is size 7

When I'm CREATING the post the sizes look just fine -- but they all POST at the same size.

Weird Harold
08-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Here's another question for you -- is there something wrong with the size control feature for fonts?

this is size 2 (default

this is size 3

this is size 4

this is size 5

this is size 6

this is size 7

When I'm CREATING the post the sizes look just fine -- but they all POST at the same size.

Yep, that's a known bug, Tamhasn't figured out what he did to disable Font and Size tags.