PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 Million Dollar Man

Sodas
08-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Wanted to see what you'll think about Michael Vick, who was convicted of torturing and murdering dogs, getting paid to play football this year for 1.6 million, straight out of jail!

Do you think that is right at all?

The only football I think this guy should be allowed to play should look something like this

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2640/michaelvickfantasyfootb.jpg

What do you think?

Jokeslayer
08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I think we already have a thread about this (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2099)

Kurtz
08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I think he's a massive gurning twat.

I presume the crowds at games he give him a serious amount of stick and fully deserved.

Sodas
08-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I just question the Eagles franchise for putting money down on this guy. I mean, I could honestly could careless if he ultimately plays football or not, but to be getting paid money that your average guy only wishes for is wrong. He should donate his bloody salary to charity for abused dogs.

Ozymandias
08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Are you kidding?! Its the best idea EVER! It'll piss McNabb off, because lets be honest, Vick can't play any other position and if there is a more sensitive, thin-skinned QB than McNabb in football you'll have to point him out to me.

It'll be all the media cares about, so that'll be a distraction. The fans will go nuts whenever he makes a mistake, or whenever McNabb does (now they have a somehwat acceptable replacement) and that just adds pressure!

<-------- Giants fan

Zanguini
08-15-2009, 09:16 AM
But I dont understand why they would bring in another qb... They do have AJ feely.... And he is a good backup qb... I wouldnt trust him with my franchise but as a backup who can do mop up duty or spot start because the starter is down, with that roll he is about as much as you can ask for. I realize he is injured but vick cant play untill october anyhow in which time feely will be back to full health.

reguardless im not drafting him on my fantasy team... Im not drafting feely either... or for that matter McNabb

Sodas
08-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, I'm a Giants fan too, and I have no love for the Eagles, but I'm trying to be neutral as possible.

See, the problem is exactly as you guys are describing it. Why bring him in, for 1.6 mil, and an option for an extention worth 6 million I believe it was mentioned, when this guy may never play a down this year.

Seems to me that the Eagles are using him solely as trade-bait. And that makes it even worse ihmo. ><

irerancincpkc
08-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Vick would be pretty good in a Wildcat formation type thing... the Eagles, and Andy Reid, wouldn't have signed him if they didn't think they could utilize him...

StrangePackage
08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
So let me get this right-

This gentleman is worthy of several threads discussing his failings as a human being, but Donte Stallworth, who spent less time in jail and is only going to be one season removed from the NFL, doesn't even merit a mention?

Priorities, folks, priorities. There are way worse people out there than Michael Vick, no matter how odious you may find dog fighting to be. I am not trying to defend or condone in any way what he did, but I am wondering why someone who killed PEOPLE is not subject to nearly as much derision and scorn.

irerancincpkc
08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
So let me get this right-

This gentleman is worthy of several threads discussing his failings as a human being, but Donte Stallworth, who spent less time in jail and is only going to be one season removed from the NFL, doesn't even merit a mention?

Priorities, folks, priorities. There are way worse people out there than Michael Vick, no matter how odious you may find dog fighting to be. I am not trying to defend or condone in any way what he did, but I am wondering why someone who killed PEOPLE is not subject to nearly as much derision and scorn.
Exactly. And i don't think this one can be blamed on the media; people have the freedom to chose what to talk about...

Gilshalos Sedai
08-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Well, for one... I've never heard of Stallworth. There wasn't a media circus around him, apparently.

StrangePackage
08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, for one... I've never heard of Stallworth. There wasn't a media circus around him, apparently.

Long story short, he was driving his 2005 Bentley drunk when he struck and killed a 60 year old pedestrian.

He has already plead guilty and served 24 days in jail.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Uh, holy shit! What team does he play for? And why such a short sentence????

Sinistrum
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Here's the thing about Stallworth. First off, he wasn't as good or high profile a player as Vick, so yes Spammer, the media does have a lot to do with the coverage and the awareness. Casual fans like Gilly don't know who Stallworth is.

Secondly, there is the element of scienter to consider here. Vick did what he did as a conscious act of cruelty. Stallworth did what he did as a negligent act of stupidity. As I'm sure you're well aware of SP, intent is a huge part of how we classify and judge potentially criminal acts. On the pure scale of intent, Vick is a far far worse person than Stallworth is.

And FYI Gilly, Stallworth plays for the Browns but has been suspended for the entire season by the NFL league office.

Kurtz
08-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Holy Shit, a 2005 Bentley! :eek:

Davian93
08-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Didn't Stallworth also stop and try to render aid? I mean, you can't really compare the two.