PDA

View Full Version : Question for any lawyers or law types.

Oatman
08-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Whats the time limit one has to work within to plead temporary insanity? I'm seriously thinking about killing someone and I want to know if I have an easy out.
I know its probably different country to country, but its bound to be similar.

GonzoTheGreat
08-17-2009, 09:02 AM
It has to last long enough to convince the court that it is relevant. That may not be a very useful time limit, but I think it's the most precise you're likely to get.

Of course, I'm not quite sure how many courts acknowledge premeditated temporal insanity, so posting the announcement here may have been mad, but that's just a sidetrack.

Oatman
08-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Posting it here only makes it pre-meditated insanity if you can prove that only the sane post here.

Zanguini
08-17-2009, 09:19 AM
pretending your insane for personal or political gain is a felony. A death which happens during the commision of a felony is 1st degree murder.

Thank you CSI

Oatman
08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Who said I'm pretending? I might actually qualify at the moment.

Ivhon
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
1. you will need multiple psychologists to diagnose your insanity.
2. You wont go to jail, but you will be institutionalized in the state psych ward until THEY are convinced that you are no longer insane
3. Its a last-ditch defense that almost never works.

Oatman
08-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Damn.

In that case, any advice on ways I can legally make someones life a living hell until the day they die?

Frenzy
08-17-2009, 09:53 AM
start small, so you'll enjoy it more. kinda like boiling a frog.

Start by filling out some of those cards for magazine subscriptions in their name, and checking the "bill me later" box. And by 'some' i mean hundreds. Focus on the oddball combos like Teen Beat, Soldier of Fortune, Sheep Daily, etc.

Terez
08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
There are various ways to do that.

Oatman
08-17-2009, 09:57 AM
If I knew where he lived I likely would have done something stupid by now. If I found out where he lived right now, I would still likely do something stupid.

That would be good for the everyday-asshole everyone has in there lives. I'm looking for something more instantly life destroying and less passive.

Oatman
08-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Just to explain my current insane rage, and why this asshole must suffer, he has stolen my Dads ashes from the crematorium. I know who did it, though I can't prove it.

I consider myself hard to anger. The desecration of my fathers grave goes well beyond what I can handle.

Zanguini
08-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I would have to know how he interacts with you daily, whether this is someone from work or you just meet in the neighborhood regularly

Ishara
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
What?! Why would someone DO that?!

Oatman
08-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Because he wants to hurt my family. He's being doing stuff for years. This is just beyond what I am willing to let slide.

Ivhon
08-17-2009, 11:23 AM
That absolutely sucks, man.

Have you thought about P.I.'s to find some evidence? I'm sure the cops aren't to interested in doing anything particularly investigative on this.

But that is really beyond the pale.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
THAT is insane. And "minor" crime or not, police will investigate. (At least they will here.)

Sinistrum
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I second the P.I. idea. In most jurisdictions I know of grave desecration is a crime. I know in Texas its a class a misdemeanor with up to a $4,000 fine and up to a year in jail. You can use the P.I. to obtain evidence sufficient to get the police involved and they can probably take it from there.

As for your initial question, the fact that you're asking it is evidence that you're not insane. Besides, a lot of jurisdictions don't recognize the defense of "temporary" insanity at all. The best you could probably do is extreme emotional disturbance, which would probably serve to mitigate any act you commit down to manslaughter. You'd still do time, just not as much as cap or second degree murder.

tanaww
08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Damn.

In that case, any advice on ways I can legally make someones life a living hell until the day they die?

Marry them or give birth to them.

tanaww
08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
But in all serious, Oatman, you need to involve the law. This guy is sick and you should have some legal recourse.

I am so sorry. The theft of your father's remains disgusts me.

Purple Dragon
08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Whats the time limit one has to work within to plead temporary insanity? I'm seriously thinking about killing someone and I want to know if I have an easy out.
I know its probably different country to country, but its bound to be similar.

well... see Oats... how's the homeless and crime situation in your area? or rather... in HIS area? here abouts you CAN find a type of, what should we call them... "desperate Enforcers"? peole that are desperate, living well over the edge, have served prison time and have nothing to lose...these people are usualy willing to perform, odd jobs of negotionably legality, for a minor fee. look into it and let me know;)