PDA

View Full Version : Town Hall Meetings

StrangePackage
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
What town is this? Marville!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVS4Zgjm8HE

Why do these town halls attract this element?

Kurtz
08-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Was he jewish or not???? Could have been made clearer.

Her crying mime at the end, hahahahaha

ShadowbaneX
08-19-2009, 08:26 PM
What town is this? Marville!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVS4Zgjm8HE

Why do these town halls attract this element?
Isn't there a concerted effort by the GoP to disrupt these Town Hall meetings? I think they're actually arranging to bus them around to all the various meetings to make it look like more people oppose the Health Care reform then there actually are.

And if he's from Israel chances are he's Jewish...and yeah, the crying is the icing on the cake of this performance.

StrangePackage
08-19-2009, 08:30 PM

I dunno, I thought her rebuttal to his scenario was about as thoughtful as any reason I've heard to oppose a public option.

Davian93
08-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Isn't there a concerted effort by the GoP to disrupt these Town Hall meetings? I think they're actually arranging to bus them around to all the various meetings to make it look like more people oppose the Health Care reform then there actually are.

Yes...its really quite pathetic. Obstructionism is killing our political process.

StrangePackage
08-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Yes...its really quite pathetic. Obstructionism is killing our political process.

If you're not part of the problem, then you can't prevent a solution, and thus prevent the bad people from taking credit for it.

It's much easier to do than actually propose anything of meaning.

Zanguini
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I wonder how one goes about getting a job as a professional political protester. And i wonder if there is some type of union that has codes. If they come complete with protest slogans or if those have to be provided by the employer.

Sei'taer
08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I wonder how one goes about getting a job as a professional political protester. And i wonder if there is some type of union that has codes. If they come complete with protest slogans or if those have to be provided by the employer.

Might talk to ACORN. they are really good at it. Or Code Pink...although you'd look silly in the pink uniform they wear.

Ivhon
08-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Might talk to ACORN. they are really good at it. Or Code Pink...although you'd look silly in the pink uniform they wear.

Or, in the interest of political fairness, you could talk to that conservative interest group that was busted for stealing letterhead from several seniors groups in the Mid-Atlantic and using it to send out lobbying propaganda. Corporate Identity theft.

Whole thing just disgusts me, now. I havent watched news in like 2 weeks and Im much happier for it.

GonzoTheGreat
08-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Whole thing just disgusts me, now. I havent watched news in like 2 weeks and Im much happier for it.And, I presume, you'll be happier still when the thugs really win and you never have (or are allowed) to think about politics ever again.

Davian93
08-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm starting to think that Obama is just gonna say screw it and slam through reform using just the Dems in Congress. He could do it and the GOP knows it. Screw working together.

StrangePackage
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm starting to think that Obama is just gonna say screw it and slam through reform using just the Dems in Congress. He could do it and the GOP knows it. Screw working together.

I only pray this is the case. Obama needs to grow a spine on this and say "Enough is enough, here's what I want to do." Elections have consequences, and one of the largest reasons I was voting for Obama was because of his position on a state alternative to private insurance (if there had been a viable candidate running on the idea of a transition to a single-payer system, I would have voted for them).

He gave them an opportunity for reasonable input, consulting, advice, and consent, and this town hall BS is what they decided to go with instead. They're more interested in a Waterloo than a workable health care system.

So fuck 'em. Ram it home and break it off in them. No country in the world that has a state-sponsored health program would ever give it up. Just getting the state option would be a huge first step into actually fixing the manifold problems with for-profit health care.

Sei'taer
08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Or, in the interest of political fairness, you could talk to that conservative interest group that was busted for stealing letterhead from several seniors groups in the Mid-Atlantic and using it to send out lobbying propaganda. Corporate Identity theft.

ELF, PETA, KKK (although I saw a report on the news their membership is down, so pay might not be so good), Black Panthers....o..OOOO Community Organizer!! Now that's a job that will get you places, Zan!

John Snow
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
If you're not part of the problem, then you can't prevent a solution, and thus prevent the bad people from taking credit for it.

all those negatives....my mind is already half fried learning Spanish, because it seems multiple negatives in one sentence are ok in that language. You're not a native Spanish speaker are you, SP?

Sei'taer
08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
all those negatives....my mind is already half fried learning Spanish, because it seems multiple negatives in one sentence are ok in that language. You're not a native Spanish speaker are you, SP?

It's worse than that...he's a lawyer....

StrangePackage
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Just a quick poll-

Who here wanted the Israeli dude to lay that *itch out?

JSUCamel
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Just a quick poll-

Who here wanted the Israeli dude to lay that *itch out?

I did. He should've smacked the shit out of her.

And you're probably gonna get your wish, with respect to the Dems pushing this through Congress. According to CNN and MSNBC, there have been some talks within the Democratic party to do just that, since it's clear the Republicans in general seem to be just not cooperating.

ShadowbaneX
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Just a quick poll-

Who here wanted the Israeli dude to lay that *itch out? Yes and no. Yes, the "*itch" certainly deserved it, but I'm impressed at the guy's restraint...and if he had laid her out, it would have been on the news everywhere as a weapon of the GoP...but she clearly deserved it.

I think the best thing would have been if someone else that had been watching had come along and dropped her.

Tamyrlin
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't believe going into more debt, in the midst of the worst economic downturn in our recent history, after slamming through ridiculous buy outs and trillions of dollars of "recovery" initiatives (between Bush and Obama), still paying for two wars, along with the extreme amount of unemployment benefits and extensions, would be financially prudent of us at this moment in time.

Obama should have waited, at the very least for a year or two into recovery, as the two wars wind down a bit more, while pushing through reforms that don't cost the government any money: Patient Bill of Rights, the ability to purchase insurance across state lines, etc.

Bush jumped the gun; he wasn't going to wait, no matter how many people yelled and screamed and obstructed his way towards his goals.

Davian93
08-20-2009, 11:03 AM
If not now, Tam, When?

When the economy is good, they say we don't need it because everyone can afford healthcare...when its bad, they say the gov't cant afford to pay for it.

Something needs to happen.

Tamyrlin
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Didn't we get into much of this trouble because "people" were given loans they couldn't afford? And then we packaged up that debt and sold it. "We the People" can't afford the loans that we are packaging up and selling to China...but we keep on doing it, and apparently, we keep on wanting to do it, no matter the potential cost to our economy and nation.

However, I was against buying up car companies and bailing out banks; rewarding bad behavior for the few is not the way to solve our problems.

What is California's credit rating? My point being - we are only considering the proposed reforms, because we can get a loan. Otherwise, this wouldn't even be a discussion, at least parts of the proposed reform.

Sinistrum
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
That's really pathetic. Kind of reminds me of this.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20395657/detail.html

Davian93
08-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Didn't we get into much of this trouble because "people" were given loans they couldn't afford? And then we packaged up that debt and sold it. "We the People" can't afford the loans that we are packaging up and selling to China...but we keep on doing it, and apparently, we keep on wanting to do it, no matter the potential cost to our economy and nation.

However, I was against buying up car companies and bailing out banks; rewarding bad behavior for the few is not the way to solve our problems.

What is California's credit rating? My point being - we are only considering the proposed reforms, because we can get a loan. Otherwise, this wouldn't even be a discussion, at least parts of the proposed reform.

Without reform, all it means is more and more people will continue to be thrown into bankruptcy due to medical debt...which in turn has a negative effect on the overall economy. There are cost-effective ways to fix our healthcare INSURANCE issues that don't destroy us a nation financially. All we're doing right now is lining the pockets of insurance companies.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah... that was one of the more crappy attempts to stage a town hall, Sini. The one in Austin was just as bad.

Sinistrum
08-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Well I was just posting that to point out that its not only the republicans that are putting plants in these things or causing disruption.

Zanguini
08-20-2009, 08:39 PM
ELF, PETA, KKK (although I saw a report on the news their membership is down, so pay might not be so good), Black Panthers....o..OOOO Community Organizer!! Now that's a job that will get you places, Zan!

Hehe after I graduate i will qualify to immediatly qualify to be a regional deputy director of fema.