PDA

View Full Version : Was BSG Finale the worst sci-fi finale ever?

JSUCamel
08-20-2009, 03:40 PM
This guy makes a strong case, and I'm inclined to agree.

http://ideas.4brad.com/battlestar/battlestars-daybreak-worst-ending-history-screen-science-fiction

Thoughts?

Gilshalos Sedai
08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Ditto. I wanted to cry it was so bad. I was very angry.

irerancincpkc
08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I've seen and talked to people that list it as the worst, and also some that list it as the best. I'm put it in the middle.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
It jumped the shark the minute Starbuck died.

Davian93
08-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Mmmm....Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha....

Frenzy
08-21-2009, 02:02 AM
hmm... BSG's ending is so painful cuz it's fresh. i vaguely remember Space: Above and Beyond's ending being really bad. and Babylon 5 had it's ending undercut by waffling network execs. And don't even get me started on Deadwood, but that's not Sci-Fi.

JSUCamel
08-21-2009, 02:13 AM
hmm... BSG's ending is so painful cuz it's fresh. i vaguely remember Space: Above and Beyond's ending being really bad. and Babylon 5 had it's ending undercut by waffling network execs. And don't even get me started on Deadwood, but that's not Sci-Fi.

Well, Deadwood wasn't actually finished. It's clear there was supposed to be at least one more season, but it got canceled for whatever reason.

BSG writers, etc, on the other hand, had known for quite awhile that season 4 would be the last. There's no excuse for the shitty ending. None at all.

yks 6nnetu hing
08-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Agree. after that - the first time she died, I mean - I kind of lost most of my interest in the whole series, and maybe that's why the (bad) endidng didn't bother me that much.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-21-2009, 08:34 AM
It was TOTALLY out of character for Starbuck to suicide. Completely. Her first response to any threat, real or imagined is FIGHT. And she just voluntarily rolls her viper into the equivalent of Jupiter's Eye. :rolleyes:

Belazamon
08-22-2009, 12:27 PM
i vaguely remember Space: Above and Beyond's ending being really bad.It was pretty bad, but in their defense, they were still hoping to pull out of a nosedive and get picked up for another season. Apparently the new president of FOX absolutely hated the creators, though, and firebombed it.