PDA

View Full Version : They're going to take over the world I tell you.

Hopper
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
It's only a matter of time (or thumbs)

cats (http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2009/08/cat-experiments.html)

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Birgitte's cat has thumbs. She has yet to convince my cat, Strider, of her superiority, however.

I'm waiting for one of them to throw the other over the bannister.

Zanguini
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Our cats have already taken over.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Our chief cat still defers to our chief dog, though she's getting up there in years and doesn't care about rank so much anymore. Soon, he'll be the chief animal, period.

Birgitte
08-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Buffy with her thumbs laughs at Strider's supposed chief-ness. Then smacks him across the face for looking at her funny.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
And he smacks her back. It's like WWIII in our house in the morning.

Dragon Thief
08-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I only have the one cat who clocks in at around 15 pounds. He claims all the chairs in the house. While we sit on them, he uses his gravitational pull upon your legs to cramp them and make you get up. And when you get up, he promptly jumps into your chair and stretches out.

Couch, PC chair, kitchen chair, comfy chair, on the floor, it makes no difference.- if you're sitting, you're in his spot. He called 'dibs'.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Strider's like that, too. 'Cept he's only 12 pounds. His especial place is our computer chair. I can't tell you how annoying it is to be working or concentrating on a game and feel this cold little paw pad tap you on the elbow. Sometimes, the claws are even out.

Cary Sedai
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, our cats have taken over.

Ivhon
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
One of mine just figured out how to turn out the lights this morning. Same one that figured out the freezer door.

I'm scared.

Sei'taer
08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
I hate cats.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/seitaer9/freecat.jpg

Dragon Thief
08-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Strider's like that, too. 'Cept he's only 12 pounds. His especial place is our computer chair. I can't tell you how annoying it is to be working or concentrating on a game and feel this cold little paw pad tap you on the elbow. Sometimes, the claws are even out.

Dez is long enough that, if I'm sitting in a chair, he can stretch up and place his paws at the top of my shoulder easily, and if he stretches he can reach almost to my ear. I'm 5'9", and most of my height is in my torso, to help put t hat into perspective. His former owners had his front feet declawed though, so i don't have to worry about that part.

GonzoTheGreat
08-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Same one that figured out the freezer door.What method does that one use?
We*'ve had a cat that would sit in front of the freezer, meow, my sister (who was four or something like that at the time) would open the door, the cat would throw an egg out of the door, my sister would close the door, the cat would eat the broken egg and my sister would wander away again to go about her own business.
This rather puzzled my mother, since all her kids honestly said that they didn't break the eggs, until she saw the entire procedure happen. Only then did she know what questions to ask. And what orders to give, such as "don't let the cat tell you to open the freezer door".

* Well, my parents. I was still very yound then. Not old enough to be operating freezer doors.

Ivhon
08-29-2009, 07:55 AM
What method does that one use?
We*'ve had a cat that would sit in front of the freezer, meow, my sister (who was four or something like that at the time) would open the door, the cat would throw an egg out of the door, my sister would close the door, the cat would eat the broken egg and my sister would wander away again to go about her own business.
This rather puzzled my mother, since all her kids honestly said that they didn't break the eggs, until she saw the entire procedure happen. Only then did she know what questions to ask. And what orders to give, such as "don't let the cat tell you to open the freezer door".

* Well, my parents. I was still very yound then. Not old enough to be operating freezer doors.

When me and Ms Ivhon were dating (this one is her cat, mine are evil in different ways), he would jump up on the counter in her apartment, open the door himself - he's a strong beastie - grab some meat and proceed to drag it all over the apartment.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Giving new meaning to "Lookit what the cat dragged in?"

I'm glad none of them have figured out how to open the fridge. It does, however, have a toddler lock.