PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

bowlwoman
08-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here on TL, but I've been a lurker on various WoT boards, newsgroups, blogs, etc for about 10 years now. I keep seeing postings and theories from TL show up, so I decided to finally bite the bullet and join you all over here.

I started reading WoT 10 years ago, right after PoD came out in paperback. I currently have WH, CoT, and KoD in hardback and the rest in paperback, so that more than anything should tell you how long I've been in the fandom. I just finished my first reread (yes, I know), and I'm just biding my time until the end of October (my oldest daughter turns 3 on 10/26)... j/k, but I hope I can carve out a few days between her birthday and our annual Halloween party to do justice to the new tome.

Nice to meet you all, and I hope to come up with a few theories on my own, since most of my thoughts have already been well hashed and rehashed by this time.

Ciao.

Davian93
08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Welcome to TL!!!

I hope you stick around as its quite a nice board to discuss WoT on among other things.

So, can you explain the bowls? :D

Brita
08-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Welcome!!!!!

Birgitte
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Welcome to Theoryland! Please ignore the current snarkiness over on the Non-WoT. And come join us in the lovely chat! :)

Davian93
08-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Welcome to Theoryland! Please ignore the current snarkiness over on the Non-WoT. And come join us in the lovely chat! :)

Yeah, we play nice with new members...don't worry about any of that affecting you as a Youngling. Its an old disagreement.

bowlwoman
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Welcome to TL!!!

I hope you stick around as its quite a nice board to discuss WoT on among other things.

So, can you explain the bowls? :D
It's a holdover from my IRC nick in college. My friend was feeling asexual, said she felt like a bowl, so all of us sitting in the computer lab next to each other (but only talking via IRC like the proper geeks that we were) promptly changed our nicks to something bowlish in order to properly mock her. Mine stuck. :)

Belazamon
08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
My friend was feeling asexual, said she felt like a bowlWell, I gotta say, you guys must not have the good bowls.

Hi! Welcome to Theoryland. :)

Matoyak
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Welcome to TL. Have fun, post often. Ignore the current...fire...going on between some of the members. It'll pass in time.

So tell us about yourself. Favorite book? Favorite character? Favorite moment of the book? Favorite Ajah? Favorite real-life band/musical genre? If ya wanna add anything else in, feel free. If you wanna add more personal stuff, like your name, etc, feel free as well.

Don't be scared by the eventual hi-jacking of this thread. Just post and try to jump in on the fun, nobody really knows what they're talking about in the newbie boards anyways, so don't fear feeling out of place, or on the outside of the in-jokes. :D

Also, I suggest that you suggest a shorter nick...otherwise I'm sure someone else will. Not that your name is too long, we just like nicknames here. I will answer to either Mato or Matoyak. (Pronunciation is "Muh-toe-yak") (the Muh is silent 'h', so it sounds like mu from the word mud.)
The short version Mato is pronounced M-a-toe (the 'a' pronounced like apple)

tworiverswoman
08-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Yes, Mato - but how the heck would you shorten "Bowlwoman?" "Bowls?" "Owl?" Hmmm - I rather like "Owl."

I dub thee "Owl" -- until someone overrides me, anyway. :)

Welcome to our happy madhouse, Owl. If you spend any time looking through our existing threads, you'll find we are a very mixed bunch - with LOTS of padded (but still sharp) corners and the occasional snark lurking in the deep end. But, for the most part, we get along pretty well and enjoy arguing with each other.

I look forward to the answers to Mato's questions, and can't wait to see some new threads from a fresh angle.

Matoyak
08-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Yes, Mato - but how the heck would you shorten "Bowlwoman?" "Bowls?" "Owl?" Hmmm - I rather like "Owl."

I dub thee "Owl" -- until someone overrides me, anyway.
I was thinking "Bwoman" almost like Bowman. But Owl works for me. How about we see if she likes it before we hoist it on 'er, eh? :)

Terez
08-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Hi, welcome to TL. Yes we have some wacky theories that none of the other sites really talk about much but we talk about until we are sick of them.

I'm not sick of Lews Therin, but everyone else is I think.

yks 6nnetu hing
08-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Welcome Bowlwoman :)

shush everyone, don't scare her away, it's been so long since we last had a real newbie who stuck around...

*doesn't move*

GonzoTheGreat
08-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Nice to meet you all, and I hope to come up with a few theories on my own, since most of my thoughts have already been well hashed and rehashed by this time.Don't worry about that. If you mention them to us, then I'm sure we can unhash them in short order. We have quite effective unhashing algorithms here.

Terez
08-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Hmm, your theories might not be so hashed as you think. I've noticed that there is little enough traffic between the major WoT forums that each site has a few ideas that the other sites don't talk about much.

Zanguini
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
*borrows shocks accent*
*peers through the plastic plant*
*whispers*
Oi, here we have the theorylander in her natural habitat, notice faint odors of smugness and beer.
When they get all riled up you can see their feathers getting all ruffled. Lets see if i can get them all mad.

*shouts*
Oi. LTT is neither a construct or a real voice, its plant by the creator! Goodkind is the best author ever! the iraq war was both good and nessesary! Healthcare is only for the elite and most wealthy! Dav is cool! The Dutch are evil! Greandal killed Rahvin! Olver is Gaidal cain!

*ignores everyone else and goes back to whispering*
Notice how they immediately try to counter with logic, if i were to counter this arguement with stubborness watch them attack my education, and then my dedication. oh this is facinating.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome, Owl! I kinda like that nick, Tru.

Don't let the current in-fighting on the Non-WoT scare you off, please. Like a group of close-knit siblings, we squabble. (Or perhaps like a group of carrion crows over a carcass, I'm not sure.)

I'm Gilshalos. I'm called "Gil" for short. (Pronounced "Jill.")

Zaela Sedai
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Let me officially welcome you to TL with out the Official Greet Bowl.... It is not coorperating at the moment :( But WELCOME :D

Zanguini
08-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Let me officially welcome you to TL with out the Official Greet Bowl.... It is not coorperating at the moment :( But WELCOME :D

I warn you i am not a good bowler.

Ivhon
08-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I rolled 220 one time....

Welcome B-owl-woman. Glad you are here. Agree with me on all my fabulous points and you will do fine.

Jokeslayer
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I was thinking "Bwoman"

I keep thinking that says BO Woman, which probably isn't the best nickname ever.

Welcome to Theoryland, bowlwoman

Oatman
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
*borrows shocks accent*
*peers through the plastic plant*
*whispers*
Oi, here we have the theorylander in her natural habitat, notice faint odors of smugness and beer.
When they get all riled up you can see their feathers getting all ruffled. Lets see if i can get them all mad.

I think I'm almost insulted by that.

Bowlwoman almost sounds like a Seanchan job descriptor, like cup-bearer. Ice cream on demand or some such.

Anyhoo, welcome. And wheres that ice cream?

Sarevok
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
WOW!!!

Someone new on the forums! Welcome! :D

*sets Naz on fire*
Anyone seen him around, lately?

Terez
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Look, I think we already scared her away.

Brita
08-28-2009, 03:14 PM
**sigh**

I couldn't stop reading my own newbie thread- it was so much fun. Come back bowlwoman- come back!!! It's oodles of fun here- I promise!

Jokeslayer
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Look, I think we already scared her away.

Seems a little premature to me. Unless you know something (relevant) that I don't

Matoyak
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Seems a little premature to me. Unless you know something (relevant) that I don't
They normally would have posted by now if they were going to stick around. Note that that says normally.

GonzoTheGreat
08-29-2009, 03:03 AM
According to rumor (I'm not sure how accurate it is) some people have a life.

Jokeslayer
08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
They normally would have posted by now if they were going to stick around. Note that that says normally.

It's been about a day. Less when I wrote that last post. "Fail to post for 24 hours and you're dead to us" seems almost as unwelcoming as PD's purple text.

GonzoTheGreat
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
It's been about a day. Less when I wrote that last post. "Fail to post for 24 hours and you're dead to us" seems almost as unwelcoming as PD's purple text.Good point. Perhaps we should all start using purple in this Forum.

Terez
08-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey, stop putting words in my mouth!

Jokeslayer
08-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey, stop putting words in my mouth!

Well if you put your own words there we wouldn't have to (actually, I can't work out who you're talking to. I had a number of alternative responses that only make sense depending on that)

Nazbaque
08-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh come on, you people! Al'cair Dal = the Golden bowl. Din is brother in various names so presumably dar would be sister. So Daldar would be bowlsister which is close enough or DD for short.

Welcome DD! you may call me Naz!

Matoyak
08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
~waits for the obligatory "DD" jokes~

Kurtz
08-31-2009, 07:40 AM
You drove her away, you animals!

Brita
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
LOL! It is poignant that we continue to keep this thread alive, in the faint hope that she will return. It is sad, really.

DahLliA
08-31-2009, 08:16 AM

what did I miss?

oh and welcome :D

bowlwoman
09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh, you didn't scare me off. I have a 2 year-old and a 1 year-old, so my online time is limited to naptime and 2 AM. :)

Owl is an interesting diminutive, one that I honestly never thought of. I usually use "bowl", but I'll accept pretty much anything except "bowelwoman" (the result of an unfortunate typo). :D

DD? You guys already sneaking into my underwear drawer????

Oatman: I normally think more cereal, but ice cream is a close second. In fact, I used to have a random signature that talked about a bowl being a dish you eat liquidy things out of, like soup or cereal or ice cream. So, we're already on the same page here.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. :)

Matoyak
09-03-2009, 01:51 AM
tsk tsk, you never answered the questions, owl. ~taps foot~

Hopper
09-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh, you didn't scare me off. I have a 2 year-old and a 1 year-old, so my online time is limited to naptime and 2 AM. :)

Sleep deprivation will put you into a perfect state of mind to deal with us here. Welcome.

DD? You guys already sneaking into my underwear drawer????

We weren't sneaking . . . . . ummmmmmmm . . . . . Naz lost a contact . . . . . . yeah, that's it, a contact. We were just helping him look for it.

Nazbaque
09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
contact? but I don't OW! ... oh ... yeah ... right ... we were looking for my contact

whispers to Hopper: "Honestly you didn't have to step on my foot that hard"

Oatman
09-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Oatman: I normally think more cereal, but ice cream is a close second. In fact, I used to have a random signature that talked about a bowl being a dish you eat liquidy things out of, like soup or cereal or ice cream. So, we're already on the same page here.

I avoid cereals. Chances of unintentional cannibalism are too high.
I could make some innuendo type jokes with the second part of that paragraph, but I think I'll take the high road and just ask for a high five for ice cream. Whoo!

*raises hand*

Don't leave me hangin.

Zanguini
09-03-2009, 08:16 AM
hands over some buttermilk ice creame.

bowlwoman
09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Ok, Ok...I'll answer the questions. Geesh. :)

Favorite book?
LoC.

Favorite character?
Hmmm...it's a toss up between Nyn and Mat. They're both snarky, which I love me some good snark. I guess Nyn my favorite female and Mat my favorite male?

Favorite moment of the book?
Nyn FINALLY getting her block off. In more ways than one. ;)

Favorite Ajah?
I'd have to go with Brown for this one. I got my Masters in History, complete with thesis researched by digging around 500 year-old parchment rolls in the UK National Archives, so yeah, Brown.

Favorite real-life band/musical genre?
Eh? You mean something that doesn't involve toddler songs or Sesame Street? I came of age in the mid 90s, so anything "alternative" or "grungy" from that era makes me happy.

If ya wanna add anything else in, feel free. If you wanna add more personal stuff, like your name, etc, feel free as well.
I currently live in Austin, and I have 2 girls. Right now I'm a stay at home mom, just trying to figure out how to stay sane. :) I like long candlelit baths, walks in the moonlight, the beach at dawn...oh wait, wrong site!

bowlwoman
09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I avoid cereals. Chances of unintentional cannibalism are too high.
I could make some innuendo type jokes with the second part of that paragraph, but I think I'll take the high road and just ask for a high five for ice cream. Whoo!

*raises hand*

Don't leave me hangin.

*smacks palms*

Brita
09-03-2009, 09:47 AM
They're both snarky, which I love me some good snark.

OMG Owl- you are going to fit in here so nicely.

Nyn FINALLY getting her block off. In more ways than one.

Snark-lover and innuendo- oh yes, quite well indeed.

Bowelwoman- hahahahahahahaha! Heh...~~chuckle~~....that's funny :)

Davian93
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Hmmm...it's a toss up between Nyn and Mat. They're both snarky, which I love me some good snark. I guess Nyn my favorite female and Mat my favorite male?

I like her already. Toss in the history degree and I'm impressed. What's your favorite field of history?

Brita
09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
I like her already. Toss in the history degree and I'm impressed. What's your favorite field of history?

Yes, which deg....hey wait wait a minute! Tread lightly warder, I do not like to be eclipsed in any way ;)

Davian93
09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, which deg....hey wait wait a minute! Tread lightly warder, I do not like to be eclipsed in any way ;)

~scurries behind ESC Couch.~

Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am.

bowlwoman
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
For my degree, my focus was on Tudor England. My thesis is entitled Justices of the Peace in Mid-Tudor Devon Circa 1538-1570. I even made a 20 page Excel chart in my appendix. :D

Now, I originally wanted to do research during the Medieval era, but I don't know Latin so that was out. This was my second choice, and while I would have preferred a thesis dealing with more social issues like witchcraft (although that's more Stuart era), women or the lower class, this was OK too.

I also really enjoyed my American labor history class, focusing on the late 19th and early 20th centuries. That class had a lot of interesting information, especially given my background as a Midwest farmer's daughter.

Ivhon
09-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Ok, Ok...I'll answer the questions. Geesh. :)

LoC.

Nyn FINALLY getting her block off. In more ways than one. ;)

I'd have to go with Brown for this one. I got my Masters in History, complete with thesis researched by digging around 500 year-old parchment rolls in the UK National Archives, so yeah, Brown.

Eh? You mean something that doesn't involve toddler songs or Sesame Street? I came of age in the mid 90s, so anything "alternative" or "grungy" from that era makes me happy.

I currently live in Austin, and I have 2 girls. Right now I'm a stay at home mom, just trying to figure out how to stay sane. :) I like long candlelit baths, walks in the moonlight, the beach at dawn...oh wait, wrong site!

Ahh...another Austinite to replace the one who moved away.

This is beginning to be one of those "There are always two" things....

Anaiya Sedai
09-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Welcome! I have no idea whether I have welcomed you before or not, but it's not very likely.

Don't eat anything PD offers you, unless it's fish.. :rolleyes:

Kurtz
09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I like Bowlwoman

Matoyak
09-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I like Bowlwoman
Seems like everyone does. :)

GonzoTheGreat
09-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Seems like everyone does. :)Suspicious, that.

Terez
09-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Almost as suspicious as your blinding reputation, which might lead some innocent noobs to believe that everyone likes you, too. :)

Purple Dragon
09-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Welcome! I have no idea whether I have welcomed you before or not, but it's not very likely.

Don't eat anything PD offers you, unless it's fish.. :rolleyes:

~offers Anayia a nice fishie:)~

~offers Bowls a nice Cookie:)~

~Leaves "T" Cookie out for Tru and "interesting new flavor" Cookie for Mato~

Jokeslayer
09-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Almost as suspicious as your blinding reputation, which might lead some innocent noobs to believe that everyone likes you, too. :)

Without the ability to disapprove of posts, high rep is a natural consequence of high post count.

Terez
09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Perhaps. A lot of my reps were given for the same post, though, and I imagine it's the same for a lot of people. That's not a general rule, but there has been at least one post that got me rep from four different people. And I think that the vast majority of Gonzo's rep came from me...

Jokeslayer
09-07-2009, 09:00 AM
You may be right. I just decided that complaining about rep was easier than, say, improving the quality of my posts.

GonzoTheGreat
09-07-2009, 10:04 AM
You may be right. I just decided that complaining about rep was easier than, say, improving the quality of my posts.I've repped you for that.

Jokeslayer
09-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I hadn't considered I might be able to do both at once (although that isn't exactly what you said)

Terez
09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I've repped you for that.
So did I.

*goes to throw self in front of speeding vehicle*

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2009, 04:37 AM
~offers Anayia a nice fishie:)~

~offers Bowls a nice Cookie:)~

~Leaves "T" Cookie out for Tru and "interesting new flavor" Cookie for Mato~

petey, none of that is remotely legible without highlighting it all..

*looks around cautiously and sneaks towards the fish*

*picks up the fishie and sniffs it*

*looks around and sneaks out with the fishie*

yks 6nnetu hing
09-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Now, I originally wanted to do research during the Medieval era, but I don't know Latin so that was out. This was my second choice, and while I would have preferred a thesis dealing with more social issues like witchcraft (although that's more Stuart era), women or the lower class, this was OK too.
omg, you're too good to be true!

I solved the no-Latin with doing a historiographical study on the Annales school up to 1985 - most of them concentrated on the Middle Ages and Early Modern ages. and I did read most of it in French... but now my poor French is limping... haven't used it much plus learning a whole new language has pushed it right off to the background :)

also, what Anaiya said, PD!

Matoyak
09-08-2009, 09:10 AM
COOOKIE! ~dives on top of cookie, bits and pieces go everywhere~

Ahem. Yes...about that... Uhhhh... LOOK! ~points at something offscreen~ ~scurries away~

bowlwoman
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
omg, you're too good to be true!

I solved the no-Latin with doing a historiographical study on the Annales school up to 1985 - most of them concentrated on the Middle Ages and Early Modern ages. and I did read most of it in French... but now my poor French is limping... haven't used it much plus learning a whole new language has pushed it right off to the background :)

also, what Anaiya said, PD!

Thank you! :) *buffs fingernails on shirt*

I had to do a paper on the Annales school for my general historiography class, and let me say that I doff my hat to you. I can't imagine doing a whole thesis on that subject. My 3 page paper was bad enough.

My French speaking ability was very peripheral in my history classes, but I also did a cognate in English and it REALLY helped in my Chaucer class. At that university, the English grad department is super cliquish, so when I took that class I was the only non-English major in the course. Since I was a crossover from the History department, I was suspect. The 2nd week of class, we were assigned a section of text and had to read it in Middle English. We got a cheat sheet for the pronunciations, and I realized ALL the vowels were pronounced the way they are in modern French. So, all I had to do was pronounce all the consonants as they are in modern English, do the vowels as if I were speaking modern French, and I pronounced it PERFECTLY. No one else in the class could, and when the professor remarked about it, I told them about my French degree and the vowel pronunciation. I was then accepted as part of the group. Heh.

An aside: my favorite word to pronounce in Middle English is knight. Since you pronounce every letter, it winds up being "kuh-nig-heh-tuh" (just say it really fast).

Nazbaque
09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
What? no "H" Cookie for me? Not even a "C4" Cookie? This is the thanks I get for not burning your bakery?

*Grumble*
*Mumble*

MILLENNIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!!

An aside: my favorite word to pronounce in Middle English is knight. Since you pronounce every letter, it winds up being "kuh-nig-heh-tuh" (just say it really fast).

Ooooh a Monty Python moment.

Belazamon
09-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Incidentally, happy birthday. :)

bowlwoman
09-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks, Bela. :D It was a very nice, low-key, rainy Sunday birthday spent with the hubby and the girlies. Those are the best birthdays.

Matoyak
09-14-2009, 03:06 AM
I already wished ya one, but happy birthday!

Incidentally, I've been wanting to play tennis for this entire past week or so, and something has stopped it every time. Mostly rain. Eugh!
(Sorry, had ta let that out...)

greatwolf
09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
A long overdue welcome. Hi.

Did you say you have theories that need rehashing?

E : yippie! My 500th post and it wasn't a totally useless post.

Welcome again bowl.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Oooh! Middle English! I <3 me some Chaucer. Twisted old bastard, wasn't he?

And yes, that is how you pronounce Middle English. ;) I kept trying to explain it in my Chaucer class but it didn't work. Not enough French speakers in Houston. Parle tu Francais?

Also, welcome to the Brown Ajah. As the Head of the Ajah (meaning until you came along, the only one), I am happy to accept you into our scholarly ranks.

bowlwoman
09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Oui, je parle un peu français. Un, deux, trois, quatre... :D Maintenant, j'apprends la langue français à ma jeune fille, qui a presque trois ans. Elle ADORE chanter les chansons enfantines françaises, come la chanson de l'alphabet français, Alouette, Champs-Elysées, et Frère Jacques.

bowlwoman
09-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh, and thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to know I'm now the #2 Brown Ajah member on the board. Brown represent!

Gilshalos Sedai
09-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Well, you're far more fluent than I am! LOL I could read what you wrote, but I can't reply back in the same language. Alouette was one of the songs that convinced me to study French when I was 3. I took it for 12 years, 12 years ago (minored in it in college).

OK, now I feel old.

Hey, we Browns rock. We know EVERYTHING.

bowlwoman
09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
LOL. Well, I majored in it in college, graduating 11 years ago. I'm right there with you. :)

Gilshalos Sedai
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, then I started learning Russian which REALLY made it leak out my ears faster.

yks 6nnetu hing
09-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, then I started learning Russian which REALLY made it leak out my ears faster.
Russian is a horrible horrible language to learn. I was forced to learn it for 9 years and there's nothing that's stuck. nothing.

hmm... does it count that if my online-persona was a channeler then I would probably also be a Brown? Otherwise, I'll just be Min, I suppose:rolleyes:

Gilshalos Sedai
09-15-2009, 09:19 AM
If you were a channeler, you'd be a Brown, yes. But you're not. ;) Min's a good second, after all, she did all that extra-curricular reading for Rand.

I had hopes of actually doing something with the languages I'd learned. But in order to do that, I'd have to study abroad and I had no prospects for that.

I remember very little Russian, just the basics.

Birgitte
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Oui, je parle un peu français. Un, deux, trois, quatre... :D Maintenant, j'apprends la langue français à ma jeune fille, qui a presque trois ans. Elle ADORE chanter les chansons enfantines françaises, come la chanson de l'alphabet français, Alouette, Champs-Elysées, et Frère Jacques.

Bless you! Tissue? ~offers a kleenex box~:cool: :D

Matoyak
09-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Spanish is a horrible horrible language to learn. I was forced to learn it for 5 years and there's nothing that's stuck. nothing.
Fix'd.

Well, not NOTHING, per say. I know just slightly more than the average. But that's from living in Texas, not from attempting to learn it. ;)

Wunderwaffe
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Hello, Theoryland. Few if any of you know who I am, but I certainly know all of you. I have been perusing these forums for some time now. I distinctly recall the prescence of Callandor and his wonderful ideas concerning the Lews Therin as a Construct theory.

I have been Lurking around these forums for a long time, and I look forward to finally participating in these great forums.

Leanne
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Well, what took you so long to join? Anyway, welcome! You should start your very own introduction topic so you can be properly welcomed and everyone will have a new thread to play around in. :D

GonzoTheGreat
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
You do fit right in. Your very first post is already a hijacking of another thread.

Gilshalos Sedai
10-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes, please start your own. If you've been lurking all that time, you know that's how it's done. :)

Cary Sedai
10-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Holy Crow! I can't believe I didn't notice that Bowl had a newbie thread! Please forgive me for being so late!

~sprinkles Bowl with fairy dust~

Sometimes I forget to look over here cause we haven't had a lot of newbies, and tonight is the first time Zan told me that there was a newbie, course he meant WW. But I see that you posted a newbie thread and now I feel like a heel.

Welcome, late as it is... ~grins sheepishly~

bowlwoman
10-03-2009, 10:54 PM
It's all good. Better late than never.

Thanks for the welcome!