PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and Thank You

Wunderwaffe
10-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I've wanted to be a part of this community ever since I discovered it years ago. However, I found that I only had the time to read some of the theories and topics of discussion on this website, as opposed to doing that and participating in it first-hand. I made it a habit to check for any new theories and check up on the latest discussion at least a couple times a week to stay updated.

I'll never forget hearing about the Wheel of Time. "This series is vastly superior to the Lord of the Rings, you have to check it out!" Being a LotR fanatic, I was obviously skeptical, and even resistant to the notion that some work of fantasy literature could be superior to the archetypes of Tolkien. Surely, the LotR was in a category all by itself. Other fantasy authors simply aspired (unsuccessfully) to match Tolkien's work.

My reality was shattered upon reading tEotW on a flight from New York to San Francisco. (and during the layaways) I flew through the book. It had a breathtaking urgency to it, and I couldn't put it down. Fortunately, I'm one of those blessed with the ability to read during virtually any circumstances; car rides, airplanes, etc. without getting sick. I know quite a few people who get dizzy if they focus on a book while their body is subjected to alternating velocities.

Obviously, I read the rest of the series. I was either a Sophomore or Junior in High School at the time, and I did most of my reading during Journalism and Yearbook classes. (both blow offs) Initially I read the paperbacks, but had to splurge and buy the entire series in hard and soft cover. Barnes and Noble gift cards for Christmas for the win! Since reading the series through, a few developments have occurred; in my own life, and the life of the series. Robert Jordan wrote and released New Spring. I liked it. He also wrote and released Knife of Dreams -- an excellent book.

I was saddened, like all of you, by the death of Mr. James Oliver Rigney Jr. What an absolutely remarkable man. He is one of those who comes around once a generation. I will always respect the courage as well as the resoluteness he displayed by continuing to write the series even while diagnosed and suffering from that rare blood disease. Like many, if not all of you, I was relieved to hear that the Story would go on. I'm confident that Brandon Sanderson is the man for the job. From everything I've read and witnessed, the man had a profound respect for RJ, along with the Wheel of Time series. I was very pleased with the quality of Chapter One, and Chapter Two (I haven't read the Prologue) and am eagerly anticipating the release of The Gathering Storm.

I have already taken time off work, so when the book is released I'll have some gourmet coffee beans ready, and my Superautomatica will be churning out espressos. I plan on reading the book from start to finish, breaking only for biological necessities exempting sleep. Sleep is for the weak.

I was a bit apprehensive upon hearing that A Memory of Light would be split into three separate installments. At the same time, I was relieved upon hearing this. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that this was a good idea because it would give the finale the opportunity to be fully fleshed-out, as opposed to being "rushed." I think we can all concede that we want the end to this series to be perfect and all indications point to this being the case.

I'm really excited about the riddle whose answer is "intuitively obvious even to the most casual of observers." I think we all have a surprise on the horizon concerning that little question. Time will tell. Once again, Thank You for this website, it has been a source of happiness for me for some time now. I can literally lose myself in all of the WoT content that this site contains.

Cheers,

Jon

Brita
10-02-2009, 01:36 PM
HI!!! (Just wanted to get that in first- now back to actually reading your introduction)

EDIT- on careful examination, I fully approve of your thoughtful, well written and WoT focused introduction. Welcome to TL Wunder!

Terez
10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Yay, an excited noob!

Welcome to Theoryland.

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Honestly, I don't respond to newbie posts. Yours though...:) WELL DONE!

Welcome.

Leanne
10-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I was saddened, like all of you, by the death of Mr. James Oliver Rigney Jr. What an absolutely remarkable man. He is one of those who comes around once a generation. I will always respect the courage as well as the resoluteness he displayed by continuing to write the series even while diagnosed and suffering from that rare blood disease.

Jon

So very true!

Again...welcome!

Zanguini
10-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Welcome and thanks for giving us this forum to scare you.
I would extend to you an invitation to not only watch the WoT discussion boards but the Non-WoT as well. That way we can poke fun of your opinions. For there are many opinions on the Non_WoT board as there are ways to make Camel and Sini angry. Also there are pictures of cute girls, assuming you like looking at cute girls, assuming your a guy, this assumption comes from the fact that you have chosen spike and not faye as your avatar.
Also you will have to pay homage to me The Crown Prince of the Younglings....

p.s watch out for the other Z's chains ..... they chaffe

Jokeslayer
10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Welcome to TL!

Anaiya Sedai
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Welcome to TL, WW.. (being german, I would feel kinda weird calling you wunder ;) )
Do take a seat, have some mead and enjoy the madness. You may want to invest in a fire extinguisher, and stay away from blackmarket fairy dust.
*waits impatiently to set Naz on fire*

btw, why's zan still a youngling? :confused:

Zanguini
10-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Its not black market if the fairy lives in my house.

And Zan is still a Youngling because Zan was gone for a year and a half.

Ivhon
10-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice post WW. Glad to have you on board.

Birgitte
10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Wilkommen, Wunder! (Yeah, Anaiya... Wunder makes me want to speak German, too... Which is always scary considering how awful my teacher was.)

Where in Michigan are you from, Jon, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in Grand Rapids and we have a couple people here from East Michigan.

Gilshalos Sedai
10-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Wonderful post! Welcome to the graduation from Lurking! So... uh... when were you in high school?

Sarevok
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Welcome to TL, Wunderwaffe!

My question: where did that nick come from? "miracle weapon"?

Sarevok
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I tried to edit this into my post, but the edit button isn't working. :(

I distinctly recall the prescence of Callandor and his wonderful ideas concerning the Lews Therin as a Construct theory.
WOW!! That's been a long period to lurk. That must have about 2 years?

Terez
10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Yay, another believer! lol...

1Powerslave
10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Welcome, Wunderwaffe! I hope your theories are as well versed as your introduction. Else, we'll let you know. :)

Your callsign reminds me about the term "Exotische Waffe". It's what me and my buddies used to exclaim when we for example picked up a Kalashnikov as counter terrorists or and AUG as terrorist in Counterstrike...

Honestly, I don't respond to newbie posts. Yours though...:) WELL DONE!

Welcome.
Saucey is so far removed from newbie posts that, appearantly, the Wheel has turned. :p

Matoyak
10-02-2009, 08:58 PM
First off: Welcome to the boards. Hope you stay.

Extra-super bonus points for the avatar. ;)

Been lurkin' since Cal came up with that LTT thing, eh?
Well, the straightjackets are in the corner. Do put one on, and join us, will ya? ;) I'll be back to bother you with personal questions :D

bowlwoman
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Welcome!

Marie Curie 7
10-02-2009, 11:49 PM
WOW!! That's been a long period to lurk. That must have about 2 years?

Actually, it's been more than three years. I joined Theoryland about three years ago, and Callandor's 'Lews Therin is a Construct' theory (http://theoryland.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/2310) was posted a few months before that.

Tamyrlin
10-03-2009, 12:28 AM
First RS graduates...and what, Marie has been here three years! Wtf is going on! Wait...my third (and final) child turns three in a few days...okay, this is all starting to make sense to me now.

Marie - that's awesome, three years, thanks for being a part of TL.

Note to Wunderwaffe - glad you are joining us in more than spirit. I anticipate a significant influx of old and new users over the next few months.

Wunderwaffe
10-03-2009, 01:08 AM
I was busy all day preparing for my epic Halloween Party, so I haven't been at my keyboard. Don't take my lack of immediate responses as a sign of inattentiveness or an uncaring attitude. I was out in my Dad's forest cutting down some dead trees, sweeping the trails, and digging a massive grill/fire pit. I had to tear down a few tree stands that poachers put up to snipe deer. Apparently the NO TRESSPASSING signs aren't enough of a deterrant for the poachers. So, I got a little inventive and errected some bizarre wooden figurines similar to those that appear in The Blair Witch Project. Hopefully, the next time the poachers enter the forest, these signs along with the disapearence of their tree stands will give them pause. Only time will tell.

@Zanguini:

Yes, I am a male lol. Although, I can totally see a woman having Spike as their avatar because he is just that cool.

@Birgitte

I am currently living in Bay City, MI. It is the Northeastern city in the triangle that represents the Tri-City Area. (Saginaw, Midland, Bay City) It's nice because I only need to drive around 2 miles to gain access to the Saginaw Bay, which is one of the premier Walleye and Perch fishing areas on the planet. Grand Rapids is a really beautiful city, and I like where it's going in comparison to say, Flint or Detroit.

@Gilshalos Sedai

I graduated from High School in 2004. So, basically, I started the series sometime in 2002. This means I am not a seasoned and grizzled veteran like the folks who picked up the series when tEotW was released. This doesn't necessarily mean that I'm a noob in regards to WoT lore, however. I must have read the series at least a dozen times through by now.

@Sarevok

My forum name is mostly inspired by the WunderWaffe DG-2. It is a fictional weapon in Call of Duty: World at War. Powered by element115, it is a bizarre-looking gun that fires a bolt of electricity that acts similar to the lightning that Lews Therin used to kill his family, and that Rand uses in the Stone of Tear to kill the Shadowspawn. Except, of course, on a much more minor scale. The WunderWaffe can only kill about 30-35 zombies at once. After playing the game for a while, I because inquisitive about the origins of the term. So, I did a little research on the web, and apparently the Third Reich were actually developing Wunderwaffen during WWII. They were totally ineffectual and didn't make any impact, but the United States and Soviet Union essentially stole some of the better ideas that were developed, and turned them into a few modern-day weapons.

Plus, I like the way it sounds when enunciated.

@Matoyak

I've actually been lurking longer than that. The only reason I mention Callandor and his LTT as a Construct theory is because it caused quite a stir, and provoked a lot of discussion. Thus, it provides a kind of reference point to indicate how long I have been Lurking in the Shadows. In reality, I first discovered Theoryland before the LTT as a Construct theory. What ever happened to Callandor btw? He seemed to fade somewhere along the line, but I can't exactly place where/when/how that came to be. /shrug

It'd be great if The Gathering Storm came out tommorow, errm today, I guess. Can't wait!

Oatman
10-03-2009, 03:41 AM
I plan on reading the book from start to finish, breaking only for biological necessities exempting sleep. Sleep is for the weak.

Now that's dedication. Here, you might find these (http://bambinodiapers.com/) of some use.

And Zan is still a Youngling because Zan was gone for a year and a half

And why does Zan refer to himself in the third person?

Oh, and hello.

GonzoTheGreat
10-03-2009, 04:15 AM
And why does Zan refer to himself in the third person?Maybe Zan sniffed too much fairy dust.

Terez
10-03-2009, 05:41 AM
What ever happened to Callandor btw? He seemed to fade somewhere along the line, but I can't exactly place where/when/how that came to be. /shrug
He didn't leave Theoryland with a big dramatic huff or anything, though he posted about it on his blog. I think it was becoming a bit too much of an obsession for him to properly deal with, especially with all the frustrations. He's still around, lurking...I have him on Facebook and chat with him sometimes. He made a post after the prologue came out.

DahLliA
10-03-2009, 07:01 AM
welcome to TL. do join us in the non-wot board too. that's where the fun, and the half-nekkid ladies, are;)

Zanguini
10-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Zan is referring to himself in the third person because in the newb thread Zan takes on his official persona as the Crown Prince of younglings. And it is much easier than to do it in the royal plural form... I suppose I could go and speak, Mimbrate... then all of you would be confused.

And as it is well known Gonz Zan is allergic to fairy dust. I have to get weekly injections from the clinic across the street just to be able to keep a fairy in the house.

Zaela Sedai
10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Wunder!!!! grrrrrrr hamsters ate my greet and since we changed appearences i cannot just copy/paste it! As I'm sure that you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and once in a while actually do get followed. Imagine that insane people following some sort of order.

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course we also have those others who are just a bit slow read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem" (yes there are a few). Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books which you CANNOT read too much are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.
4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is our Lordy don't call him that for a reason, this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind.

Addendum to 4) This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them, the policies of their leaders or politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here
Addendum 1 to the Addendum to 4) We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq.Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now though there have been some flare ups.be careful. We have had our own TLers serve over there are greatful for and/or respectful of it.
Addendum 2 to the Addendum to 4) Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. And come on...telling someone to shove it up their arse is sooooo cool http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. NoNOONE ever does this..looks at a certain Heros sig. /now begins to wonder where he's been

6) Most important: have fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are at least reasonably intelligent. Heck, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings. Hell, half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them My vote is for Frenzy, and myself of course, you know the Truth when you see it :lol . We'll assume some intelligence on your part you found us, didn't you? Until you can prove it or prove otherwiseand there are many who have and if you get hurt because of it, I will offer my one free Healingbut just that once

Welcome to our little rounded corner! Its a great time!

Enjoy!
Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter

PS Be gooddont make me take out my chains, I am the Lady of them for a reason :evil And I didn't become TL's first Siren for nothing :evil :evil

Zaela Sedai
10-03-2009, 12:16 PM
/sigh I'm pissed lol

Sarevok
10-03-2009, 12:30 PM
The blue is unreadable, Z.

Anaiya Sedai
10-03-2009, 06:05 PM
The blue is unreadable, Z.
it's readable on my screen, but together with the red makes some fairly painful reading.

~just realised she's been around for almost 3 years, too, now~:eek:

~wonders if she should ask certain questions that either lead to endless never-resolving arguments or nobody even cares about anymore~

~decides to leave it till tomorrow when she's sober~

Cary Sedai
10-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome to TL, WW (Officially and stuff) :D

~sprinkles WW with fairy dust~

This fairy dust is not the black market dust, I am the Fairy Zan referred to. Any fairy dust Zan tries to sell you IS most definitely black market because I do not ever leave it where he can get to it, and he knows it!

I'm glad you're here for the next 3 exiciting and hugely anticipated installations of WoT! I think you are correct about Brandon Sanderson, some of us were at JordanCon in April and I think it's safe to say we all came away impressed. I know I did, and I love all his stuff I've read so far. Along with the Prologue and chapter one.

~sprinkles Anaiya with fairy dust, and perches on her shoulder waiting for Naz~

yks 6nnetu hing
10-04-2009, 04:06 AM
Welcome!

woohoo, new Younglings, and we were afraid this place was getting top-heavy with Heroes :D

so... who's your fav character? what's your most crackpot theory? If you were a Randlander, where would you be from?

Wunderwaffe
10-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Welcome!

woohoo, new Younglings, and we were afraid this place was getting top-heavy with Heroes :D

so... who's your fav character? what's your most crackpot theory? If you were a Randlander, where would you be from?

My favorite character is Rand due to his complexity. Mat is a close second.

If I was a Randlander I'd probably be from somewhere up north where it's cold. Shienar, Arafel, Saldaea, Kandor. One of those countries. I like the cold. :D

My favorite crackpot theory is the one posted by Sporkster I believe, concerning Demandred's activites in LoC. The theory where he proposed that Demandred had been balefiring the Sharans to make the Pattern inherently more unstable.

Zaela Sedai
10-04-2009, 10:00 PM
yes well... when i get around to retyping the whole damn thing I'll let you know ;) Unless I have any volunteers?

Matoyak
10-04-2009, 10:26 PM
The following is a coloring suggestion for the greet, like Zae be askin for.

Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Wunder!!!! As I'm sure that you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and once in a while actually do get followed. Imagine that insane people following some sort of order.

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course we also have those others who are just a bit slow (Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem" (yes there are a few). Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely.)

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books which you CANNOT read too much are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. (Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.)

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. (Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.)

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is our Lordy (don't call him that) for a reason, this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. Addendum to 4) This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them, the policies of their leaders or politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here
Addendum 1 to the Addendum to 4) We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq.
Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though there have been some flare ups. Be careful. We have had our own TLers serve over there are grateful for and/or respectful of it.
Addendum 2 to the Addendum to 4) Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. Replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. And come on...telling someone to shove it up their arse is sooooo cool. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. NO ONE ever does this..looks at a certain Heros sig. (Now begins to wonder where he's been lately)

6) Most important: Have fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are at least reasonably intelligent. Heck, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings. Hell, half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them (My vote is for Frenzy, and myself of course, you know the Truth when you see it ) We'll assume some intelligence on your part you found us, didn't you? If you get hurt because of it, I will offer my one free Healing, but just that once.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! Its a great time!

Enjoy!
Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter

P.S. Be good dont make me take out my chains, I am the Lady of them for a reason :evil And I didn't become TL's first Siren for nothing :evil :evil

Couldn't put it in quotes, it highlights everything in white, ergo, the colors were untestable...A while back I submitted my suggestion for the new greeting in the T'A'R board in the thread set aside for it... Just an FYI. But there's a coloring suggestion. The preview highlights everything in white, so I am not sure if the colors work out quite right...

GonzoTheGreat
10-05-2009, 04:02 AM
In general Matoyak's color scheme seems fine, but I would use the second half (addendum series) instead of the first. The orange is just a bit clearer, and would therefore do do better as paragraph heading. The blue is a bit better for "yeah, but ..." style comments on this particular background.

Zae, by the time you have it really right, Tam will change the background again. So get working on this quickly; then we'll get another background soon.

Terez
10-05-2009, 09:33 AM
"no one" should be two words.

Brita
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Ooooh- Epic Hallowe'en Party- I like the sounds of that!

I heart hallowe'en.

Belazamon
10-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Howdy, WW! It's always nice to have another Michigander wandering around.

Matoyak
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Edited my post suggestion for colors and layout. I personally think that works even better than my suggestion in the other thread.

Purple Dragon
10-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Zan is referring to himself in the third person because in the newb thread Zan takes on his official persona as the Crown Prince of younglings. And it is much easier than to do it in the royal plural form... I suppose I could go and speak, Mimbrate... then all of you would be confused.

And as it is well known Gonz Zan is allergic to fairy dust. I have to get weekly injections from the clinic across the street just to be able to keep a fairy in the house.

mimbrate... hmm... i'd think it's more likely to be ingrate... tsk tsk Zan is just being silly, he's neither crown prince of anything OR allergic to fairies... which i think we have amble proof of... oooh yes, Sare... the WW CAN be in english too... Wonder Weapon;)

so... what else is there? anyone lurking here for years have NO need of me introducing myself. Shouldn't have to. oh well... guess i have to do SOMETHING ~puts out a jar of assorted cookies AND a small jar of fishies for Maya~

Anaiya Sedai
10-10-2009, 02:52 PM
fishyfishyfishyfishy :D

Do you still fancy a trade of books for fish? I've had my mum send me food parcels from Germany recently. :rolleyes:

Birgitte
10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Am I the only one who reads WW as Wonder Woman?

Matoyak
10-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Am I the only one who reads WW as Wonder Woman?No, you aren't alone... I do too...

Anaiya Sedai
10-13-2009, 03:30 AM
I read it as World Wonder, thanks to travian..

Sarevok
10-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Am I the only one who reads WW as Wonder Woman?
I keep reading WW as World War...

yks 6nnetu hing
10-23-2009, 04:41 AM
I keep reading WW and thinking that there's one missing...

tworiverswoman
10-25-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow. We haven't had a real newbie in so long (one who posted here, anyway) that I just ignored the new post signs. Yikes.

I know I'm 3 weeks late but welcome to TL and I hope you've enjoyed your time here so far. Especially now, so close to the release of TGS, with spoilers leaking here and there among the impatient... (I'm looking at YOU, T...)

For a newbie greeting, yours is remarkably peaceful -- Naz never showed up to start the fires, and only half the usual silliness got underway.

(grabs a cookie and hides it)

:D

Wunderwaffe
10-25-2009, 12:46 PM
You are too kind. Delighted to make your acquaintance. I've been avoiding the spoilers with the utmost delicacy, with the obvious exception of the Chapter Titles. Even though I partially regret reading said titles, I should be fine.

Matoyak
10-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Now now Tru... testing cookies is ~my~ domain... you know that... >_>

As far as spoilers go, I've been avoiding Gen and tGS...and now I'm told due to Isa and/or Terez I should avoid non as well? Shit y'all people gotta grow up...

Meh, ah well. Maybe it's about time for another hiatus. At least until mid-november, maybe...

Jokeslayer
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Now now Tru... testing cookies is ~my~ domain... you know that... >_>

As far as spoilers go, I've been avoiding Gen and tGS...and now I'm told due to Isa and/or Terez I should avoid non as well? Shit y'all people gotta grow up...

Meh, ah well. Maybe it's about time for another hiatus. At least until mid-november, maybe...

There was one thread on non that T has since deleted. It's safe to go back in the water. The shallow end, at least.

Zanguini
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
There was one thread on non that T has since deleted. It's safe to go back in the water. The shallow end, at least.

there there be monsters

I asked in a thread if anyone objected to me being the crown prince of younglings as i am the eldest and the one with the most rep if you had any objections you should have made them then so they could have been properly ignored. And i am allergic to fairy dust not fairys.

yks 6nnetu hing
10-27-2009, 05:23 AM
I asked in a thread if anyone objected to me being the crown prince of younglings as i am the eldest and the one with the most rep if you had any objections you should have made them then so they could have been properly ignored. And i am allergic to fairy dust not fairys.
if wishes were wings, pigs would fly. In fact, I don't object at all to you being the Corwn Prince of the Flying Pigs ;)

How about Fairies? are you allergic to those? Or Faeries? How about Pixies?

Zanguini
10-27-2009, 08:25 AM
if wishes were wings, pigs would fly. In fact, I don't object at all to you being the Corwn Prince of the Flying Pigs ;)

Pigs can fly how else do you explain the swine flu

GonzoTheGreat
10-27-2009, 08:31 AM
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen pig?

yks 6nnetu hing
10-27-2009, 08:37 AM
I think that depends on the amount of gunpowder in the cannon.

Wunderwaffe
10-31-2009, 03:44 AM
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen pig?

African or European pig?

GonzoTheGreat
10-31-2009, 04:35 AM
African or European pig?Ehr, I don't know. Aaaarghh ...

Firseal
11-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Well, let's see. Wunderwaffe is well spoken. Intelligent. Has read LotR, as well as a variety of other series (including, you know, WoT, which helps around here), and can actually type on them in a thoughtful manner. His signature quote is from Jurassic Park, and his avatar of choice is Spike Speigel.

Yeah. I say this one's a keeper. Welcome aboard, Wunderwaffe.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-03-2009, 08:57 AM
African or European pig?

yep, I agree, this one is a keeper.

Nazbaque
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow I turn my back for a couple of months and a whole lot happens.

Welcome double-W!!

You may call me Naz!!

And now Flaiming Haran is about as impatient as she has ever been so I must and be set on fire.