PDA

View Full Version : Salidar Spy and BA Hunters

NargsBrood
10-18-2009, 10:53 PM
After the 2nd chapter audio it seems pretty obvious that Meidani will serve as a link between Eggy and the BA hunters.

Has there been any discussion/speculation about how the meeting between Meidani and Eggy will play out and the eventual meeting between Eggy and the BA hunters?

Didnt Meidani swear an oath of silence about the BA hunters? So she cannot tell Eggy right out that they are out there which makes me believe that after this meeting, Meidani will inform the BA hunters of Eggy contacting her and they'll seek Eggy out.

The BAH's usual course of action is to use the oath rod to make sure the AS are telling the truth. Would they even attempt this since Eggy has not sworn the 3 oaths yet? Since she isnt Aes Sedai yet? If they refuse to have her use the oath rod, what other method could they use for her to gain their trust?

Or will she insist at that moment that they let her swear the oaths to then be able to prove she is not BA with her reasoning being that she is already Amyrlin and that she only hadnt sworn the oaths because she didnt have access to an oath rod?

Anyone given this any thought? Any other ideas?

FelixPax
10-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Has there been any discussion/speculation about how the meeting between Meidani and Eggy will play out and the eventual meeting between Eggy and the BA hunters?

Egwene should have the upper hand with Meidani, as she sees Egwene as her Amyrlin Seat not Elaida now. I would think an order from an Amyrlin carries more weight than a Sitters order, to Meidani as well.

One of the major keys for Egwene to gaining the Black Ajah Hunters trust is to turn Saerin Asnobar to her side. Meidani knows from comments from Yukiri and Seaine Herimon, that Saerin Asnobar is in charge of the BA Hunters plans overall.

Saerin is also a bit unique in the sense like Egwene, Saerin was trained by outside channelers: Daughters of Silence. Likewise both Saerin and Egwene are Innkeepers daughters. I believe Saerin would support Egwene's future plans for the Kin, as the only follower of the Daughters of Silence to become an Aes Sedai years later. Additional Saerin is a native of Altara, where the Seanchan now hold control. Saerin should I think hold similar concerns as Egwene would about a Seanchan threat to the White Tower, more seriously than other sisters...because of Ajah spies in her native homeland.

Didnt Meidani swear an oath of silence about the BA hunters?

It was not an Oath of Silence, but an Oath to swear obedience -- assuming Meidani is under the very same 4th Oath as Zerah Dacan was given in the "Winter Heart book, Prologue" by Seaine Herimon and Pevara.

So she cannot tell Eggy right out that they are out there which makes me believe that after this meeting, Meidani will inform the BA hunters of Eggy contacting her and they'll seek Eggy out.

Egwene should be able to get to the bottom of things, between directly summoning Meidani to see her later and Beonin's connections to the 10 Salidar Aes Sedai moles.

The Black Ajah Hunters are exposed to leverage from Egwene, because of that 4th Oath of Obediance they all made the 10 Salidar moles sworn under distress. Egwene could expose the BA's Hunters to the six Ajah Heads in the White Tower as a possible indirect threat too, if necessary.

Egwene will not take an oath of obediance to the Black Ajah Hunter. The BA Hunters need Egwene to become Amyrlin Seat to give them political cover to smoke out the Black Ajah successfully and to end the Civil War peacefully. Without Egwene, the BA Hunters are sitting ducks for Alviarin to capture and kill them in secret, as even Yukiri suspects already in the KoD book.

No one I think can push Egwene around, even the BA Sitters or the Ajah Heads.

creepybob
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
After the 2nd chapter audio it seems pretty obvious that Meidani will serve as a link between Eggy and the BA hunters.

Didnt Meidani swear an oath of silence about the BA hunters? So she cannot tell Eggy right out that they are out there which makes me believe that after this meeting, Meidani will inform the BA hunters of Eggy contacting her and they'll seek Eggy out.

The BAH's usual course of action is to use the oath rod to make sure the AS are telling the truth. Would they even attempt this since Eggy has not sworn the 3 oaths yet? Since she isnt Aes Sedai yet? If they refuse to have her use the oath rod, what other method could they use for her to gain their trust?

Or will she insist at that moment that they let her swear the oaths to then be able to prove she is not BA with her reasoning being that she is already Amyrlin and that she only hadnt sworn the oaths because she didnt have access to an oath rod?

Anyone given this any thought? Any other ideas?

I think the oath was specific to the next woman on the list.

...lemme find it, here it is:

“You agree, Pevara?” she said when the list concluded. The stubborn woman gave her only a fierce nod for agreement. “Very well. Zerah, you will bring Bernaile to my rooms this afternoon.” There were two from each Ajah excepting the Blue and the Red, it seemed, but best to begin with the other White. “You will say only that I wish to speak to her on a private matter. You will give her no warning by word, deed, or omission. Then you will stand quietly and let Pevara and me do what is necessary. You are being recruited into a worthier cause than your misguided rebellion, Zerah.” Of course it was misguided. No matter how mad with power Elaida had become. “You are going to help us hunt down the Black Ajah.”

Zerah’s head jerked unwilling nods at each injunction, her face pained, but at mention of a hunt for the Black Ajah, she gasped. Light, her wits must have been totally unhinged by her experiences not to see that!

“And you will stop spreading these . . . stories,” Pevara put in sternly. “From this moment, you’ll not mention the Red Ajah and false Dragons together. Am I understood?”

This is the only order I remember to a ferret about not speaking of the hunt. And it was specifically directed toward Bernaile.

So it's possible that Meidani could speak to Egwene about it, though I rather think that Egwene would figure out what's going on regardless, and she's going to have kittens over it.

Davian93
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Egwene can be pretty annoyingly stupid at times, I think you give her too much credit.

creepybob
10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Egwene can be pretty annoyingly stupid at times, I think you give her too much credit.

lol...well she's generally portrayed as perceptive to me. Her personality gets annoying now since she's been on this power trip.

But I don't trust my own feelings on the matter because half the time I think she's doing great, and the other half I think she's a bitch.

No one I think can push Egwene around, even the BA Sitters or the Ajah Heads.

Holy Crap! I think I almost agree with Felix...the world must be ending :D

FelixPax
10-19-2009, 06:48 PM
This is the only order I remember to a ferret about not speaking of the hunt. And it was specifically directed toward Bernaile.

Thanks Bob, for enlightening me about the particulars. :)

So much for relying on the eWOT chapter summaries for accuracy in the future, without doubling checking the literal text before posting again. Sigh.

So it's possible that Meidani could speak to Egwene about it, though I rather think that Egwene would figure out what's going on regardless, and she's going to have kittens over it.

Egwene might learn whether or not Beonin Marinye, the former Gray Head of Salidar Aes Sedai, has been forced to give that same 4th Oath of Obediance as the ten Moles did?? As Egwene had been using Beonin to pass instructions, to the ten Moles.

Would the BA Hunters of questioned Beonin as well? (unsure)

Holy Crap! I think I almost agree with Felix...the world must be ending

Is it that surprising, bob? The topic of Egwene is probably the most clear cut topic going into the release of the tGS book.

"I see Darkfriends. All the time. They're everywhere." --Felix "the Tinfoil Helmet" Pax

Should I start a non-darkfriend list for your consumption, bob? ;)

Only Verin is evil incarnate, chuckles....