PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers - TGS PoV count

bowlwoman
10-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Found this over at Wotmania 2.0:

Here are the PoVs, but not matched (still, enter at own risk)

i feel like, with this book more than any other, matching up character povs to their chapters could be ginormous spoilers, so i'm not going to do that.

but here's a list and the # of chapters their PoVs are in. keep in mind they might have only a 3 paragraph PoV or it might take up the entire chapter. and i'm not counting the prologue.

Aviendha 4
Gawyn 5
Rand 11
Romanda 1
Cadsuane 5
Ituralde 2
Leane 1
Nynaeve 4
Egwene 11
Siuan 4
Saerin 1
Perrin 3
Tuon 3
Mat 4
Faile 1
Semirhage 1
Jesse 1
Min 2
Elaida 1
Adelorna 1
Sheriam 1

Neilbert
10-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Buried under a house all over again. Well not quite, but still. Mat should be > Egwene. Always.

bowlwoman
10-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Buried under a house all over again. Well not quite, but still. Mat should be > Egwene. Always.

QFT. But, there's always ToM, right?

bowlwoman
10-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I wonder if one of these PoV's confirms a theory I've liked for a while:

Leane 1

Is she the surprise DF? I personally think she was turned by a BA circle of 13 during the coup, before she was stilled and became a spy for them in Salidar. Right after she started exhibiting all sorts of new behaviors she excused by her stilling and needing to make a new life for herself.

Terez
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
It's Sheriam, not Leane.

But no Thom POV. Lame! However, I predicted we'd deal with Jesse Bilal (Brown Ajah Head), and if my prediction is correct, it will be Saerin approaching her about the Black Ajah! But it might be Verin?

bowlwoman
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe it's both...dun dun dun!

Yeah, I didn't read the fine print on the DM spoiler thread and I missed that one the first time around.

WinespringBrother
10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Light! It is tough staying away from these spoiler threads (except the title and pov ones, that is). Enough spoilage here though, notably the POV's/settings that are absent.

Terez
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Also, I would love to see them matched up with chapters, if you're willing to make another post for that.

bowlwoman
10-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Also, I would love to see them matched up with chapters, if you're willing to make another post for that.

I'm at the mercy of the other boards, and no one's posted it yet. If and when I see it, I'll put it on straight away.

Terez
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Sweet, thanks!

For now, here's what I have to say about the ones we know (spoilerish, but not beyond the chapter titles and extremely vague references to other small spoilers):

Aviendha 4 I like this. And, matching it up with a spoiler from another thread, it should be interesting!

Gawyn 5 Too many! Well, it might be alright if BS managed to make Gawyn tolerable. Not that he's really been bad before except in bits with Rand. And now that I know he's got so much, I'm wondering if Rand will visit the White Tower in this book. I wasn't expecting him to - that's for sure. But there's a chapter called 'In the White Tower' that gives the impression of the fact that being in the Tower is a big deal to whoever's chapter it is. It's a few chapters before the one with Verin in the title, so it may or may not be linked to that. But Gawyn's big deal is Rand. His deal with Egwene - the viewings - is obviously tied up with his attitude toward Rand, which is essentially his only fault (which is what makes him annoying - even Galad, with seemingly no real faults, is less annoying because that hatred of Rand is soooo annoying). Or perhaps it will be Morgase. Perrin does have Travelers, so it could be Gawyn won't confront Rand at all.

Rand 11 Yay! BS seems to have just a little bit of trouble making Rand recognizable, but it's not in a way that seems to affect the plot much, so I'm interested to see what we learn.

Romanda 1 This should be good. I hope chapter 4 is in her pov (if that was 'Nightfall').

Cadsuane 5 I like this. Cadsuane annoys a lot of people, but her points of view seem to always be revealing, and I don't expect these to be any less revealing.

Iuralde 2 This is slightly less than what I expected from him, but not much.

Leane 1 This should be good. We've never had a point of view from her before.

Nynaeve 4 This is more than I expected, especially considering how many Rand and Cadsuane have together. That's 20 points of view between the three of them, and they've essentially been together all the time since Winter's Heart.

Egwene 11 This is a lot, but about what I expected, and if you add it up with other people in the Tower and among the rebels, that's 22 points of view altogether, not counting Gawyn's 5, since I can't assume he will be involved with the Aes Sedai much.

Siuan 4 Yay! Maybe they'll be whole chapters, but likely to be just the one whole chapter (Clean Shirts) and a few bit points of view scattered through other chapters. 'Nightfall' would also be cool from her point of view, or 'News in Tel'aran'rhiod'.

Saerin 1 Like I said, I have predicted that she will be the one to connects the Ajah Heads conspiracy with the Hunters conspiracy, through Jesse Bilal (whose point of view we also have). She loves puzzles, and the puzzle was set at the exact instant that her character, and her love of puzzles, were introduced - they caught Talene, and Talene was obsessed with the Ajah Heads conspiracy. From that, it can be determined that none of the conspiring Ajah Heads are Black. Even better would be if the other Blacks also were ordered to investigate it, but it's possible that Alviarin might have given this directive only to Sitters, who have the best chance of finding something out.

Perrin 3 There is only one other point of view from his party, and none from Galad, though there is that remote possibility that he will tie in with Gawyn.

Tuon 3 I expect the coronation to be in her point of view, and also probably 'A Tale of Blood' (I think that's what it was).

Mat 4 This is about what I expected for him, and it will be 4 full chapters, I think. No one else connected to him, unless he ties in with Perrin. Some people think that this wouldn't be enough for Ghenjei, that it would only be enough to set it up, and though I can definitely see it only being set up, I can also see it being fully resolved in only four chapters, and that's counting 1-2 chapters earlier in the book maybe to split from the rest of the party. The ter'angreal doorway experiences were only one chapter each, and still pretty good stuff.

Faile 1 Yay.

Semirhage 1 hmm...

Jesse 1 I already went into this with Saerin. I really doubt that her point of view won't be connected to that. It could possibly be a meeting of some sort with Egwene (a lesson maybe...Egwene's already had three with Ajah Heads, but not Jesse), but if that's the case, I still expect her to be in Saerin's point of view.

Min 2 Yay.

Elaida 1 Questions of Control? Sealed to the Flame? (We've had a chapter named that before, btw, and it was when Elaida gave the original orders to Seaine.) We will see.

Adelorna 1 I expect this to also be tied in with the Ajah Heads conspiracy, possibly all the Aes Sedai in both conspiracies (there are ten of them, 7 of which are Sitters and not counting Talene, who would make 11 and 8, but she's in hiding, and also not counting the too-young Sitters who seem to follow their Ajah Heads, of which there are three), since the initial contact will be through Saerin and Jesse. But yay for two Ajah Head points of view! We haven't had any so far!

Sheriam Also taking into consideration a spoiler from another thread.......yay!

bowlwoman
10-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Aviendha 4
I like this. And, matching it up with a spoiler from another thread, it should be interesting!

I hope this means we get to see some of our other favorite Wise Ones along for the ride. I miss Amys and Bair.

I think someone on DM posted that she'll go to Ruidean, or at least it was quasi-confirmed speculation. If so, will she be the first person to go through the glass columns ter'angreal since Rand spilled the beans to the Aiel at large? If so, will the vision in the columns be different, or will the Wise Ones come up with a new test for their apprentices?

Zaela Sedai
10-21-2009, 06:49 PM
i hope it Sheriam in her viewpoint....

Terez
10-21-2009, 08:08 PM
That's what it is Zae. This is points of view, not story lines.

Terez
10-22-2009, 01:42 AM
The points of view matched up through chapter 23 are listed here (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60946&postcount=30). Those are the only ones I know so far.

jana
10-22-2009, 03:40 AM
Here are the rest, PoVs connected with chapters:

A New Commitment: Gawyn
In Darkness: Sheriam, Egwene
A Crack in the Stone: Aviendha, Romanda
The Tipsy Gelding: Mat
Night in Hinderstap: Mat
Into Bandar Eban: Rand
Old Advice: Gawyn
A Promise to Lews Therin: Cadsuane, Rand
Rivers of Shadow: Nynaeve
A Conversation with the Dragon: Nynaeve
Legends: Mat
A Halo of Blackness: Rand, Tuon
The Death of Tuon: Mat, Tuon
A Force of Light: Min
News in Tel'aran'rhiod: Egwene
A Visit from Verin Sedai: Egwene
The Tower Shakes: Siuan, Egwene, Adelorna
A Fount of Power: Gawyn, Egwene, Gareth, Saerin, Elaida
Before the Stone of Tear: Rand
Sealed to the Flame: Egwene, Jesse, Siuan
Scents Unknown: Nynaeve
The Tower Stands: Egwene
To Be Forged Again: Egwene
The One He Lost: Rand
Reading the Commentary: Min
Just Another Man: Rand
Veins of Gold: Rand
Bathed in Light: Egwene

Terez
10-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Thanks jana!

Terez
10-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Also, some speculation no spoilers beyond the chapter title and pov person:

Interesting, that the Conversation is not in Rand's point of view. But it makes sense, I think...

greatwolf
10-22-2009, 06:50 AM
uh oh [spoiler] No moiraine pov? bwah... [spoiler/]

Terez
10-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Yeah, this book is

not looking good for Ghenjei.

:(