PDA

View Full Version : Have you been good or rotten about spoilers?

NargsBrood
10-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Without giving away spoilers ;) how good has everyone been able to stay?

Trying to stay away from spoilers and in the oppion at the moment that reading spoilers is devilish,
I am sure there are a few that have done better than I and a million of you that have been little devils! :D

I know who 2 of the main characters the book will be about are...
I accidently saw 3 chapter numbers where supposedly big stuff happens because some idiots put them in thread titles on another site.
I've read/listened up to chapter 2.

Other than that... i know nothing more! :)

I dont know if I can make it until i have the book in hand! I am getting more and more painfully anxious to the point where i am wasting large amounts of time at work either scouring websites for non spoiler review info or calling bookstores asking if they have the book and what not. If I end up not being able to get the book before the 27th then I already know which bookstore opens earliest and my game plan for that day! I've even got the 27th and 28th off of work! :)

DeiwosTheSkyGod
10-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I would have had to block myself from Theoryland if I were going to avoid them altogether, and once I get a little taste of some (ie, the chapter titles), I just can't stop.

bowlwoman
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Since I started 2 of the big spoiler threads here on TL from material gleaned from other sites, I think it's safe to say that I've been a BIG devil. :D

When I read fiction, I'm one of those people that tends to miss things if I don't already know to look for them, so I like having the spoilers so I know roughly what's going on.

1Powerslave
10-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I've read one spoiler and I regret doing it. I will not read any more spoilers.

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-22-2009, 04:50 PM
1PS = exactly

I read three words about one spoiler and totally regretted it. Now I am avoiding them like the plauge. I like to be suprised!

WinespringBrother
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I've read the titles and pov count threads, so I have an idea of who is in this book, but I've avoided all the specific spoiler threads. As of this point I have no idea exactly what will happen after chapter 2 (though I can fairly surmise what WON'T happen) :cool:

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the book early, but I'm not going to any trouble to do that, except for googling if any local stores will have a midnight sale on 10/27. Otherwise, that will be a VERY long day at work. I took off the week that the book was originally coming out, and didn't feel like changing that when the release date was moved up.

1Powerslave
10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
1PS = exactly

I read three words about one spoiler and totally regretted it. Now I am avoiding them like the plauge. I like to be suprised!
For me it was also just the three first words. I stopped, but the damage was already done. Was probably the same spoiler. :)

I read the chapter titles, but I don't consider them spoilers.

I've bought the TOR versions of the books up to this point (except the Dragon Reborn, which wasn't available at my bookstore at the time), but I've decided to buy the UK version this time after my KoD breaking (and I mean really breaking it's in pieces) on the first read.

Belazamon
10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I've read the chapter titles, and the prologue and first chapter. That's it for me. In fact this will prob'ly be my last time on this board 'til I finish the book. ;)

The Black Wind
10-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I too was spoiled by those 3 words. :(

Since then I have avoided all spoiler threads. I used to feel the itch to know, but it has faded significantly since I read that. I feel like it will make the book less exciting if I know what's going to happen, even in a general sense. Hopefully I'll be able to stay away until the release. :rolleyes:

NargsBrood
10-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Do remember what that spoiler was because when i am finished with the book i will ask you guys which one it was :p cause i am very curious

1Powerslave
10-22-2009, 06:53 PM
I too was spoiled by those 3 words. :(

Since then I have avoided all spoiler threads. I used to feel the itch to know, but it has faded significantly since I read that. I feel like it will make the book less exciting if I know what's going to happen, even in a general sense. Hopefully I'll be able to stay away until the release. :rolleyes:
You'll manage to keep away from the spoilers. Just be strong and do something else. And remember the dissappointment of the first spoiler. I agree it really did make it easier to disregard all spoilers from now on. Btw. I read my first three words out of a creepyBob post, some DM summary, very long. I figured it would be much in the beginning but it was there it was.
I've avoided that thread since, it was very "spoiler happy", people were more than happy to spoil etc. But to be fair Terez, has declined to spoil unless strictly asked to by PM. That is, I think, nice of her.

I will remember the spoiler, NargsBrood, but will you remember to ask after the book is out? That is the question. Anyway, I think you will be disappointed. It is n't THAT major of a spoiler.
I guess I'm just writing so much about it because I was dissappointed about the actual content of the spoiler. It better be good when I read about it!
:)

NargsBrood
10-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I will remember the spoiler, NargsBrood, but will you remember to ask after the book is out? That is the question. Anyway, I think you will be disappointed. It is n't THAT major of a spoiler.
I guess I'm just writing so much about it because I was dissappointed about the actual content of the spoiler. It better be good when I read about it!
:)

but it looks like you gave enough info for me to be able to find it... i'll look for creepybob's post about the DM summary and look at the first sentence in there and that should be it :)

1Powerslave
10-22-2009, 07:06 PM
but it looks like you gave enough info for me to be able to find it... i'll look for creepybob's post about the DM summary and look at the first sentence in there and that should be it :)
True. Oh, just a reminder. DON*T read it until you read the book. ;)

Callandor
10-22-2009, 07:39 PM
All the material released early, I've read. Those I don't consider spoilers by any extent: I can get them by any means anyone else reading can.

As for actual spoilers, I've read just the chapter titles and the POV counts. I was actually regretting just the POV counts, but those really don't tell me terribly much. I do like knowing for sure the big areas of the book, but they were able to be worked out very easily anyway.

As for this massive three word spoiler everyone is talking about: no, and I'm damn adament about not looking at it now, since EVERYONE seems to regret it. I had my spoiler regrets with the last book, and don't want to repeat things this time.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

Brita
10-22-2009, 08:01 PM
I've been a very good girl. Only the released prologue, chapter one and two (which I don't consider spoilers, but sneak peeks). I glanced at the Chapter titles but didn't spend too much time reading and deciphering them and didn't read past page 1 of the ensuing conversation.

I don't even have an itch. It is so close now that I look forward to every delicious, unspoiled, virgin moment. (as opposed to bowlwoman's whoring :p)

Muirenn
10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm one of the two mods for DM's spoiler board. I know all. :P

WinespringBrother
10-22-2009, 09:34 PM
For anyone that was at JordanCon, or heard Brandon describe the story arcs, the POV count isn't that much of a spoiler anymore since he pretty much implied that some characters would get a lot of stage time and some would get very little.

creepybob
10-22-2009, 10:02 PM
devil

bowlwoman
10-22-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't even have an itch. It is so close now that I look forward to every delicious, unspoiled, virgin moment. (as opposed to bowlwoman's whoring :p)

For every virgin, there has to be a whore. That's the balance of the universe. :D

I think I'm done. Getting that last spoiler put me off of them for now.

Wunderwaffe
10-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I read the Chapter Titles, and I regret doing so. Been reading Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child novels -- waiting for the release. Trying to stay strong and avoid the spoilers. Thankfully, my will is quite strong. :cool:

1Powerslave
10-23-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't even have an itch. It is so close now that I look forward to every delicious, unspoiled, virgin moment. (as opposed to bowlwoman's whoring )
For every virgin, there has to be a whore. That's the balance of the universe. :D
LOL. You gals should start writing poetry together. :)

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not going to any trouble to do that, except for googling if any local stores will have a midnight sale on 10/27..

I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!! EXCELLENT IDEA !!!!!!

Brita
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM

LOL! I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Have you been a spoiler virgin or whore?"

Anaiya Sedai
10-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I've read the prologue and chapter 1 and listened to chapter 2.
I've read the chapter titles, and accidentally stumbled across that one spoiler that I think everyone is talking about, then stopped reading immediately.
I AM getting tempted, but I don't want to spoil myself. I'm way too excited about all those nice "virgin moments".

bowlwoman
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM

There once was a girl on Theoryland
Who didn't know anything about Rand
She was a spoiler virgin
Even though the site was burgeoning
Brita took an unyielding stand.

Bowlwoman loved WoT there's no doubt,
But she couldn't stand to read and find out.
She was a spoiler whore
But she found out more
Than she wanted to know all about.

1Powerslave
10-23-2009, 02:38 PM
She was a spoiler virgin

She was a spoiler whore
But she found out more
Than she wanted to know all about.Hahahah. Bravo! :D

Brita
10-23-2009, 03:41 PM
She was a spoiler virgin

She was a spoiler whore
But she found out more
Than she wanted to know all about.

Repped!

But he said together, so here's my addition

Together their ardour remains,
Neither time nor new pen cools the flame.
WoT fans they will be
By grim sin or purity
They are threads, the cloth is the same.

AbbeyRoad
10-23-2009, 04:01 PM
The prologue and first 2 chapters are obviously not spoilers. You're not reading someone talk about the book material, you're getting the actual manuscript.

I read (and listened to) all of the released material, the chapter titles, and POV counts. On the whole, it didn't really give away anything I didn't already have a good idea about regarding the book.

I've been reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol until the book comes out to try to keep my mind off of WoT and give my self something to do so as not to be tempted by spoilers. I'm about halfway through, and it's pretty good, so I've been distracted enough to not go trolling around the internet for book details.

bowlwoman
10-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Repped!

But he said together, so here's my addition

Together their ardour remains,
Neither time nor new pen cools the flame.
WoT fans they will be
By grim sin or purity
They are threads, the cloth is the same.

I would rep you if I could, but alas, I'm just a lowly Youngling. I'll give you kudos, though. *KUDOS*

Your poem is much more literary than my pedestrian attempt. This is why I studied history and not literature. :)

Wunderwaffe
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Rereading Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Pendergast novels. Oh, and I'm a spoiler virgin.