PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of this discussion, so lets end it

Isabel
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Shall we formulate a couple of questions to Brandon, Maria, Alan and Harriet about this issue? Than we finally get an answer. Or perhaps not,but at least we asked them.

For the real position: (be free to add more questions)
1. Was the voice of LTT that Rand heard authentic in the way that it would have responded the same as LTT would have?

2. How come Rand felt more integrated in TAR?

3. How was it possible in the FOH, that Rand would have become LTT if he would have gone with Lanfear?

4. Did Rand have control over the voice?

I will have to think about more questions.

Belazamon
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Were there not enough threads for this already?

I would love to discuss some other stuff, honestly.

AbbeyRoad
10-28-2009, 01:45 AM
All of those points, every single one, have been argued against by at least one person in multiple threads. And you haven't responded to any of those responses. Instead, you continually assert that LTT is "authentic" when the word authentic actually means "of unquestionable origin", of which LTT is certainly not.

I don't get it. Do you want to debate, or just shout at everyone that "LTT is authentic! I just know it!"?

Isabel
10-28-2009, 01:47 AM
This thread is not a discussion thread. It's meant for questions we can ask to proof, disproof these theories.

AbbeyRoad
10-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Is the "LT" in Rand's head a construct resulting from the stress of coping with receiving memories from a previous life, or is it a sentient, independent consciousness that was transferred to Rand from the from his previous incarnation of the Age of Legends?*

* obviously RJ/BS did not intend on directly answering this question, but rather leaving it to the reader to use evidence from the book to make up his/her own damn mind. You can try BS, but don't be surprised if the answer is R-RAFO (re-read and find out).

Neilbert
10-28-2009, 02:44 AM
I agree.

Isabel
10-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I would suggest asking the following question:

Is the "LT" in Rand's head a construct resulting from the stress of coping with receiving memories from a previous life?

The other question is interpretation of the real theory that is incorect.

Think of questions like: Did LTT voice objections Rand couldn't voice himself, or stuff like that.

Try to ask questions about your own faction, not about others.

Sarevok
10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Instead, you continually assert that LTT is "authentic" when the word authentic actually means "of unquestionable origin", of which LTT is certainly not.
You've said that before. However, authentic means:
Adjective
authentic

1 Of the same origin as claimed; genuine.
The experts confirmed it was an authentic signature.
2 Conforming to reality and therefore worthy of trust, reliance, or belief.
The report was completely authentic.
3 (obsolete) Having authority.

Synonyms
(of the claimed origin): genuine, real; bonafide, bona fide; unfaked
(conforming to fact): reliable, trustworthy, credible, unfaked
Antonyms
(not of the claimed origin): phony, fake; ingenuine

Terez
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I would suggest asking the following question:

Is the "LT" in Rand's head a construct resulting from the stress of coping with receiving memories from a previous life?
I would suggest saying 'the voice of Lews Therin' to make sure it's clear. But it's not only the stress of coping with the memories, but also Rand's reluctance to accept the responsibility for the Kinslaying, and the Breaking (another thing we have harped on).