PDA

View Full Version : Black Ajah (spoilers)

bowlwoman
10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
So, we have about 1/4 - 1/3 of Verin's list executed as of the end of TGS (with a good 20 or so escaping the rebel camp), and at least 60 escaped from the WT. While we assume most of the escapees will wind up at the BT or some other emergency meeting place, do we think the executed ones are good and gone? What if the DO decides to recycle their souls to bring them back to fight in TG?

With so many BA being executed at once, you'd think the DO would sit up and take notice that all these souls are filtering through his pipeline. I assume he wouldn't have bodies prepared right away for the incoming BA souls, but once he realized what was going on he might have started getting bodies ready. The DO will need plenty of DF female channelers at the Last Battle, so why give up on a good supply if you can salvage some?

Thoughts? I'm just wondering if we'll see a return of Sheriam at some point. Has she fulfilled all of Min's prophecies?

Jokeslayer
10-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I think RJ once said that the main reason the DO recycles the Forsaken is that they're extremely difficult to replace in the Third Age (to the point of impossibility) due to their AoL knowledge. Is he going to bother with channelers who are mostly easily replaceable? I think not.

creepybob
10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
So, we have about 1/4 - 1/3 of Verin's list executed as of the end of TGS (with a good 20 or so escaping the rebel camp), and at least 60 escaped from the WT. While we assume most of the escapees will wind up at the BT or some other emergency meeting place, do we think the executed ones are good and gone? What if the DO decides to recycle their souls to bring them back to fight in TG?

With so many BA being executed at once, you'd think the DO would sit up and take notice that all these souls are filtering through his pipeline. I assume he wouldn't have bodies prepared right away for the incoming BA souls, but once he realized what was going on he might have started getting bodies ready. The DO will need plenty of DF female channelers at the Last Battle, so why give up on a good supply if you can salvage some?

Thoughts? I'm just wondering if we'll see a return of Sheriam at some point. Has she fulfilled all of Min's prophecies?

We haven't heard if he can transmigrate a normal DF, it should be possible, I dunno.

I'm happy to see Sheriam dead, I hope she stays that way.

Mort
10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Not sure how easy it is for the DO to find fitting bodies, probably not for 50 BA. I think they're gone most of them.

I was kinda astounded that there were so many BA. Almost 200 BA out of what... 800-1000 AS? Certainly there can't be that many non-channeler DFs, that would be fucked up for real.

Davian93
10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't there need to be a special link for Transmigration to occur, not just being a Darkfriend. Isn't that part of what separates the average Black Ajah channeler with a Forsaken?

Ieyasu
10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't there need to be a special link for Transmigration to occur, not just being a Darkfriend. Isn't that part of what separates the average Black Ajah channeler with a Forsaken?

He is called Lord of the Grave for a reason.

I believe that link is what allows them access to the true power, as well as domination over intelligent shadow spawn.

I am not certain that that bond needs to be in place for transmigration, but i dont think it is likely in any event. Not only does the Dark One have to be able to grab the souls, but he also needs to have readily available, suitable bodies to transmigrate them into... I dont think we have to worry about the executed black sisters returning, as I dont believe he has a stockpile of suitable bodies to stuff them into.

Davian93
10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
He is called Lord of the Grave for a reason.

I believe that link is what allows them access to the true power, as well as domination over intelligent shadow spawn.

I am not certain that that bond needs to be in place for transmigration, but i dont think it is likely in any event. Not only does the Dark One have to be able to grab the souls, but he also needs to have readily available, suitable bodies to transmigrate them into... I dont think we have to worry about the executed black sisters returning, as I dont believe he has a stockpile of suitable bodies to stuff them into.

Unless, of course, that's what Demandred's been up to.

Ieyasu
10-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Unless, of course, that's what Demandred's been up to.

I highly doubt demandred has been rounding up suitable bodies for the purpose of transmitigating 3rd age channeler souls should they die.

Davian93
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I highly doubt demandred has been rounding up suitable bodies for the purpose of transmitigating 3rd age channeler souls should they die.

Neither do I, I'm just dying to know what the hell he's been doing since the prologue of LoC.

Zaela Sedai
10-29-2009, 07:37 PM
would have like to seen more of the execution

Ivhon
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Forgive my WoT ignorance, but did we rule out Weiramon=Demandred?

Just that Weiramon has been with Darlin rasing armies in Tear. And thats the only news we get of Demandred is that armies are built and ready to strike.

Ieyasu
10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Forgive my WoT ignorance, but did we rule out Weiramon=Demandred?

Just that Weiramon has been with Darlin rasing armies in Tear. And thats the only news we get of Demandred is that armies are built and ready to strike.

I believe that was ruled out when RJ said in an interview that we have never seen Demandred's persona on screen.

Check Terez's little interview link to be sure.

Davian93
10-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I believe that was ruled out when RJ said in an interview that we have never seen Demandred's persona on screen.

Check Terez's little interview link to be sure.

That is correct.

Ieyasu
10-29-2009, 08:22 PM
That is correct.

I don't recall which book this is accurate up to however, but I am reasonably sure it was well after Weiramon's appearance.

So its only good up to a certain point.

on a side note, I found it funny that LTT actually likes Weiramon.

Davian93
10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't recall which book this is accurate up to however, but I am reasonably sure it was well after Weiramon's appearance.

So its only good up to a certain point.

on a side note, I found it funny that LTT actually likes Weiramon.

Its accurate well past Weiramon's appearance. Weiramon might be a darkfriend but he's not Demandred. Neither is Darlin for that matter.

Ieyasu
10-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Its accurate well past Weiramon's appearance. Weiramon might be a darkfriend but he's not Demandred. Neither is Darlin for that matter.

Yes, I was certain it was well past his appearance, I just cant recall exactly how accurate it is good for.

I am pretty certain, as well, that Weiramon is a darkfriend, which is why i particularly find it humorous that LTT likes him and wants more like him.

FelixPax
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM

Weiramon attended the Bors pov Darkfriend social hour put on by Ishamael, that's why L.T.T/Rand/Moridin likes him in tGS. It's more influence upon Rand from the Moridin side of the bond within Rand's own warring head.

Notice everyone who's been loyal, honorable friend of Rand has all but been pushed away during tGS? Dobraine among them. Only Nynaeve and Min are big exceptions here.

Davian93
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Weiramon attended the Bors pov Darkfriend social hour put on by Ishamael, that's why L.T.T/Rand/Moridin likes him in tGS. It's more influence upon Rand from the Moridin side of the bond within Rand's own warring head.

Notice everyone who's been loyal, honorable friend of Rand has all but been pushed away during tGS? Dobraine among them. Only Nynaeve and Min are big exceptions here.

No, I Tairen High Lord attended the ceremony. THere is no indications (other than your belief) that it was Weiramon.

Belazamon
10-30-2009, 06:34 PM
No, I Tairen High Lord attended the ceremony. THere is no indications (other than your belief) that it was Weiramon.
I've learned that when Felix states something like that as a fact, all you have to do is mentally put an "I believe" in front of it, and it makes more sense. :)

To be fair, I've always suspected Weiramon as a Darkfriend, and figured he was at the Social too. We know somebody was, anyway.

Terez
10-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Crossroads of Twilight. The question was asked on the book tour, iirc.

Davian93
10-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I've learned that when Felix states something like that as a fact, all you have to do is mentally put an "I believe" in front of it, and it makes more sense. :)

To be fair, I've always suspected Weiramon as a Darkfriend, and figured he was at the Social too. We know somebody was, anyway.

I think it was Weiramon too but we can't really prove it. There is his suspicious conversation in PoD with Gedwyn (I think) that supports him being a Darkfriend but absolutely no proof he is one or that he was at the Social.

Terez
10-30-2009, 10:55 PM
They're both highly reasonable assumptions.

Looks like Verin was the other Aes Sedai at the Darkfriend Social. :D

Davian93
10-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Or it was Galina and Alviarin. Or even Sheriam. All of those are also possible. It could just be 2 random

Mort
10-30-2009, 11:03 PM

Why her especially when there are so many DFs to choose from? Just for the fun of it that it's Verin?

Who here want to make a list of influential or semi-influential people who have appeared after CoT? :D

Those might be likely candidates of being Demandred :)