PDA

View Full Version : The Moses Moment

Sodas
10-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I figure it is rather interesting that Rand will be returning from Dragonmount, after his Light show, to save the world. But I couldn't help but think of Moses, and how the people figured he was dead after 40 days after his ascension upon Mt Senai. How they deserted him and built the golden calf. But when he returned the second time, the Heavens opened for his audience to hear the voice of the Creator.

I wonder if Rand will seem to glow when he comes down from the Mountain.

ShadowbaneX
10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
as long as he doesn't glitter I'm sure it'll be ok.

Davian93
10-30-2009, 10:28 PM
as long as he doesn't glitter I'm sure it'll be ok.

"I give you these 15..."

~drops one tablet~

"ahem, 10, 10 Commandments to all follow and obey!"

Dragon Thief
10-30-2009, 11:15 PM
1. Bloody Gamble.
2. Bloody Drink.
3. Bloody Use Your Gambling Money To Bloody Buy Another Drink.
4. Repeat until you're drunk enough that you can iterate these steps till exactly 10.

creepybob
10-31-2009, 02:14 AM
I wonder if Rand will seem to glow when he comes down from the Mountain.

Instead of a Dark Warp we'll have a Halo?

...dunno which is more disturbing...

Wunderwaffe
10-31-2009, 03:45 AM
Is it safe to say that the 'aura' of darkness that seemed to emanate from Rand will probably disapear once he is reunited with his friends/allies?

I'd really love to see Rand, Mat, Perrin, Faile, Egwene, Moiraine, Lan, Aviendha, Min, Elayne, Gawyn, Thom to have a nice night of relaxation, reminiscence, and fun before they Travel to Shayol Ghul. To remember what they are fighting for.

Belazamon
10-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Is it safe to say that the 'aura' of darkness that seemed to emanate from Rand will probably disapear once he is reunited with his friends/allies?
I would argue that this is absolutely not safe to say. But that's because I think it's the Dark One's touch, not an "angry aura." ;)

Brita
10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
I would argue that this is absolutely not safe to say. But that's because I think it's the Dark One's touch, not an "angry aura." ;)

Ya, I'd have to agree that the dark aura is a manifestation of Rand's connection to the DO thru channeling the TP. Poor Rand, does he have to have so many people and forces with their claws in him?

greatwolf
10-31-2009, 12:06 PM
"I give you these 15..."

~drops one tablet~

"ahem, 10, 10 Commandments to all follow and obey!"

:)

Well he's certainly been angry enough to toss the book at them. Perhaps there'll be more to annoy him when/if he returns.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Ya, I'd have to agree that the dark aura is a manifestation of Rand's connection to the DO thru channeling the TP. Poor Rand, does he have to have so many people and forces with their claws in him?

I also agree with this stance. I smell a Faction out of this one. Who wants to Champion it once we can start Post TGS factions? Bela? Brita? I got dibs on the "Graendal Lives" one already so I'm fine with this one being one of you.

Belazamon
10-31-2009, 12:54 PM
I also agree with this stance. I smell a Faction out of this one. Who wants to Champion it once we can start Post TGS factions? Bela? Brita? I got dibs on the "Graendal Lives" one already so I'm fine with this one being one of you.
I got this. Gimme a few days, though. :D

Davian93
10-31-2009, 01:02 PM
I got this. Gimme a few days, though. :D

Sounds good, I'll be one of the first to join when it happens. I'm waiting for Tam to give the okay to start post-TGS factions.

Ivhon
10-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds good, I'll be one of the first to join when it happens. I'm waiting for Tam to give the okay to start post-TGS factions.

Im in. Was waiting as well. Never started a faction before... (damned lost thread with Fain Theory (TM) explained in it)

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 01:22 PM
I think I'll join as well.