PDA

View Full Version : Time to start my re-read

Terez
10-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Does anyone else like to re-read after the new book comes out? I like to go back and pick up on all the 'new' Foreshadowings and whatnot.

Davian93
10-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Does anyone else like to re-read after the new book comes out? I like to go back and pick up on all the 'new' Foreshadowings and whatnot.

I'm about halfway through TGS again (though I've read several parts more than once already). The whole series might take a while though.

Yeah, I do that too.(in regards to your actual question).

Ivhon
10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm about halfway through TGS again (though I've read several parts more than once already). The whole series might take a while though.

Yeah, I do that too.(in regards to your actual question).

I used to. Lost 2 days of studying to get through 1 book though...dont think I can afford another 24

Davian93
10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I used to. Lost 2 days of studying to get through 1 book though...dont think I can afford another 24

I will be going very very slowly. Probably take till January to be honest. Real Life takes up too much time.

Terez
10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I'm re-reading the new book more slowly before I start the re-read. Can't wait!

I really, really love how Rand's denial issues with Tam were highlighted before he finally resolved the denial issues with Lews Therin. That's another thing I've harped on before - that his denial about Tam was simply carried over into his denial about being the Dragon Reborn, and then his denial about Lews Therin.

TITLE - The Eye of the World
CHAPTER: 7 - Into the Woods

Rand blotted out the words – He is my father! – reducing the voice to meaningless sound that he noticed no more than a fly's buzzing. He could not bear any more sympathy, any more attempts to boost his spirits. Not now. Not until Bran al'Vere told him how to help Tam.

CHAPTER: 31 - Play for Your Supper

It was coming on evening as they went through the village, and he felt a pang of homesickness as lights appeared in the windows. No matter what it looks like, a small voice whispered in his mind, it isn't really home. Even if you go into one of those houses Tam won't be there. If he was, could you look him in the face? You know, now, don't you? Except for little things like where you come from and who you are. No fever-dreams. He hunched his shoulders against taunting laughter inside his head. You might as well stop, the voice snickered. One place it as good as another when you aren't from anywhere, and the Dark One has you marked.
It's little things like this I hope to catch.

Belazamon
10-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I'll reread eventually, I'm sure. I've been trying to focus more on books I haven't read before, in the last few years.

Davian93
10-30-2009, 09:51 PM
I'll reread eventually, I'm sure. I've been trying to focus more on books I haven't read before, in the last few years.

I'm gonna read Warbreaker (finally) before I start. I bought it months ago and never got around to it. I also want to finish the Fionvar Tapestry (I got Book 1 and only read about 50 pages for prepping for TGS)

Mort
10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Usually don't reread after a book. Not unless there is somehting that contradicts or otherwise question something I've read earlier. Then I might go back and read just that scene/chapter.

The only thing I would consider rereading at this point is the Verin stuff. Go through everything she has said and done. Probably won't help much I think. I also don't have time for that since I've already spent two days reading TGS while it should have been "thesis time" :)

I might read a little during christmas break, but probably not ;)

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 03:54 AM
I'll reread the series again in a week or so. Gotta give my brain time to assimilate TGS and all the implications. Plus I have 3 or 4 other books on the top of my to-read list that got pushed aside for TGS ;)

Terez
10-31-2009, 05:40 AM
Yeah, but I like to re-read while it's all fresh. Can always read other stuff later. :)