PDA

View Full Version : Bind the Nine Moons

creepybob
10-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Does anyone else think that that statement could refer to a binding rod?

Maybe an A'dam?

That has to come in the next book, and "binding" is not something the bindee generally agrees to without reservation.

Dunno, I'm probably wrong I was just rereading the book and that thought struck me.

Terez
10-31-2009, 01:03 AM
Egwene! That would be so awesome, lol. Egwene with Tuon on a leash! :D Making her prove she's not a Darkfriend on the Rod...

creepybob
10-31-2009, 01:06 AM
Egwene! That would be so awesome, lol. Egwene with Tuon on a leash! :D Making her prove she's not a Darkfriend on the Rod...

Yeah, I mean Egwene is gonna be pretty mad @ the SC next book, and she might just decide to give Tuon/Fortuona a taste of her own damn medicine.

Terez
10-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Hell yes! I am so on this theory. Because Egwene can make Tuon channel. :D Battle of wills! And once the Empress channels....that one last thing that Rand had a problem with, in Ebou Dar, and before at his meeting with Tuon, will be solved. She'll have to change the Seanchan ways then, especially once it's widely known that sul'dam can also be leashed after they've worked with damane for a few years.

Oh, and Mat will be all up in it somewhere.

creepybob
10-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Oh, and Mat will be all up in it somewhere.

..he'll suffer the ultimate twist of fate: he'll be MARRIED to a Channeler. Thus forced to live his life without EVER being free of the One Power.

Terez
10-31-2009, 01:32 AM
I know, and it's great! :D That's why he needed that medallion...I bet Tuon will figure out the loopholes quickly though. :D

Wunderwaffe
10-31-2009, 03:54 AM
Heh, Tuon isn't going to get Mat to take off his medallion any time soon. This totally negates any advantage Tuon has. If anything, she is at a slight disadvantage due to his massively ta'veren nature. Part of the problem Rand had that caused Tuon to resist was the way he presented his proposal to her. He went about it completely wrong. Mat isn't the the same way at all. He's smoother.

Terez
10-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Well, I doubt Mat will be ta'veren very much longer. Dunno...maybe he will be. But I doubt it.

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Well, I doubt Mat will be ta'veren very much longer. Dunno...maybe he will be. But I doubt it.

I don't think the Pattern is done with Matrim Cauthon just yet. I think he, as well as Perrin, will still be ta'veren up to and during the Last Battle. And if they survive they might still be ta'veren afterward. I think all three will stay ta'veren for the duration.

creepybob
10-31-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't think the Pattern is done with Matrim Cauthon just yet. I think he, as well as Perrin, will still be ta'veren up to and during the Last Battle. And if they survive they might still be ta'veren afterward. I think all three will stay ta'veren for the duration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Hawkwing was Taveren until he died.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Hawkwing was Taveren until he died.

We don't really know that for sure...at least I don't think we do. Its probable though.

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 12:52 PM
There are plenty of quotes acknowledging that Hawkwing was a ta'veren but I'm not sure he was ta'veren until his death.

creepybob
10-31-2009, 12:58 PM
There are plenty of quotes acknowledging that Hawkwing was a ta'veren but I'm not sure he was ta'veren until his death.

Well the 3 boys couldn't have ALWAYS been taveren, so, I suppose, it stands to reason they won't ALWAYS continue to be taveren.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Well the 3 boys couldn't have ALWAYS been taveren, so, I suppose, it stands to reason they won't ALWAYS continue to be taveren.

The 3 boys became Ta'veren right about the time of the Trolloc Attack on Emond's Field. RJ himself said that. I figure Rand will definitely be ta'veren till his death and its likely the other 2 will be through the Last Battle. What happens after that, who knows. Depends if the Pattern still needs them I guess.

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 01:06 PM
TITLE: Eye of the World
CHAPTER: 36 - Web of the Pattern
"Yes, that's it. But sometimes the change chooses you, or the Wheel chooses it for you. And sometimes the Wheel bends a life-thread, or several threads, in such a way that all the surrounding threads are forced to swirl around it, and those force other threads, and those still others, and on and on. That first bending to make the Web, that is ta'veren, and there is nothing you can do to change it, not until the Pattern itself changes. The Web - ta'maral'ailen, it's called - can last for weeks, or for years. It can take in a town, or even the whole Pattern. Artur Hawkwing was ta'veren. So was Lews Therin Kinslayer, for that matter, I suppose." He let out a booming chuckle. "Elder Haman would be proud of me. He always droned on, and the books about traveling were much more interesting, but I did listen sometimes."
TITLE: Great Hunt
CHAPTER: 5 - The Shadow in Shienar
Now that she had stirred life in the other woman, Moiraine returned to outward calm, herself. Calm, but firm insistence, too. "The Pattern pays no heed to human plans, Siuan. With all our scheming, we forgot what we were dealing with. Ta'veren. Elaida is wrong. Artur Paendrag Tanreall was never this strongly Ta'veren. The Wheel will weave the Pattern around this young man as it wills, whatever our plans."
For a time they will be. For as long as the Pattern needs them to be. Myself I think they have been, and will be ta'veren for the entire book series.

Ivhon
10-31-2009, 01:18 PM
For a time they will be. For as long as the Pattern needs them to be. Myself I think they have been, and will be ta'veren for the entire book series.

This.

So far, neither Mat nor Perrin have done enough to justify the need to be so strongly ta'veren. Egwene, for example, has done far more than either without being ta'veren.

The three "boys" need to be together at the last battle and all three need to be ta'veren.

Otherwise:

Perrin - ta'veren goes for...saving an unpopulated fleaspeck village, killing some shaido, getting some wolves to kill some trollocs and saving his wife a couple of times.

Mat - ta'veren goes for...helping locate the bowl of winds (ok..that was pretty important) building an army that has been most successful at marching quickly and winning small battles, unlimited cash, maybe killing a gholam at some point?

My point is that neither have done enough yet on the grand scale to justify the distinction.

Mat, in particular, will need to remain ta'veren through the last battle so that his memories and luck can be magnified on the battlefield.

My guess is that Perrin will remain ta'veren past the last battle as I think he will be central to reFORGING a new world afterwards.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Mat needs to save Moiraine (a woman upon which the fate of the world rests if Min's viewing is to be believed).

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 01:29 PM
My point is that neither have done enough yet on the grand scale to justify the distinction.

Mat, in particular, will need to remain ta'veren through the last battle so that his memories and luck can be magnified on the battlefield.

My guess is that Perrin will remain ta'veren past the last battle as I think he will be central to reFORGING a new world afterwards.

This right here is exactly why I think they will be ta'veren for the rest of the book and if they survive Tar'mon Gaidon afterward. Nicely put Ivhon :)