PDA

View Full Version : Was this dream fulfilled?

Terez
10-31-2009, 12:31 AM
She's strapped to a block as a headsman swings. Somewhere, someone is running and if they run fast enough the axe will stop.
Was that Silviana? It seems to fit in some ways, but could Silviana be said to have been running in any way?

creepybob
10-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Was that Silviana? It seems to fit in some ways, but could Silviana be said to have been running in any way?

Could be, but the impression I got from the dream was a long, determined journey. I thought it would be like Mat's run, which was rather extensive.

I think this is yet to be fulfilled, and God only knows who is going to run to rescue her.

Terez
10-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Poor Egwene, all these chopping blocks. How does she manage?

creepybob
10-31-2009, 01:07 AM

well you're in a good mood 2night Terez.

Anyway, in all truth I'll keep it in mind as I re-read. The first time through I was just caught up in the action, I'll look for nuance this time around.

I do hope that prophesy is fulfilled...though maybe it'll be used to give Gawyn something USEFUL to do next book.

I mean honestly, I had high hopes of him.

Terez
10-31-2009, 01:11 AM
well you're in a good mood 2night Terez.
I usually am, unless I'm trying to argue with idiots or rude people. That's when I get nasty.

I loved Egwene's being harsh with Gawyn. It's perfect.

creepybob
10-31-2009, 01:22 AM
I loved Egwene's being harsh with Gawyn. It's perfect.

Well I think it was necessary, but I thought it would have been nice if he could have actually HELPED Egwene.

I think she needed to establish her position in his eyes, but the man is trying. I was just pullin' for him to make himself useful, and all he did was get in the way.

I felt bad for him, and now I will for a full year, waiting for the resolution to their relationship.

Trutino
10-31-2009, 02:42 AM

It could be a real chopping block but it could also be more metaphorical. Egwene still has to be saved by the Seanchan woman.

I'm not sure if Egwene's various dreams about Gawyn choosing a path, one of which would lead to her death, his early death, etc. have come true. He did make a choice to rescue Egwene but she didn't want to be rescued. Did we resolve this set of dreams or might they also be connected to something coming up?

jason wolfbrother
10-31-2009, 02:47 AM
I think there is still more to come with regards to that particular dream. However, Gawyn has made his choice. Finally. Now if Egwene will just get off her high horse and bond him as her Warder.

Terez
10-31-2009, 02:54 AM
haha, I think she is doing the right thing with the high horse right now. Gawyn shouldn't assume that he knows what is best for Egwene, any more than Siuan should.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 09:13 AM
haha, I think she is doing the right thing with the high horse right now. Gawyn shouldn't assume that he knows what is best for Egwene, any more than Siuan should.

Hopefully Nynaeve suggests a Sea Folk marriage for Gawyn and Egwene...

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Hopefully Nynaeve suggests a Sea Folk marriage for Gawyn and Egwene...

Haha yes, that would be fantastic

Davian93
10-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Haha yes, that would be fantastic

I like Egwene but she's definitely too full of herself at this point. I don't care for her know-it-all attitude. I respect that she's smart and capable but she's still pretty raw and she could easily make stupid mistakes as a reuslt of it. Her being pissed off at Siuan & Co for "rescuing" her is a perfect example of this. Without that rescue, I doubt she ends the Siege and maintains power as effectively. She NEEDED to go back to the Rebel camp to hold her power and start the Purge. She just didn't see it. Besides, her leaving forced the Ajah Heads to realize they needed leadership and healed the Tower in one swoop.

Overall, Egwene is far less annoying than she used to be.

ShadowbaneX
10-31-2009, 12:20 PM
while I'm still in favour of this being Amarasu, but as described in this thread (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68815) that dream could quite well be fulfilled. If the mountain is Egwene's struggle to unite the Tower, she needs the Seanchan, and specifically their attack (symbolized by the sword), to get the rest of the way to the top (to complete her goal).