PDA

View Full Version : Faction Report! It's a doozie!

Terez
10-31-2009, 02:52 AM
These are all in order of creation except the ones that were touched on in The Gathering Storm.

Verified by The Gathering Storm:

LTT is a personality construct in Rand's head

Belazamon

We believe that LTT is a constructed personality in Rand's head. This personality was subconsciously created to keep Rand from "going insane" over the extraneous memories leaking from his soul's former life as LTT. Verified by The Gathering Storm! Well, some would argue with that, but only the diehards.

Sheriam is Black Ajah

Great Lord of the Dark

We believe Sheriam is, heart and soul, Black Ajah. She wasn't turned against her will and she isn't trying to find the Light. She willingly chose the Black Ajah, and she will always eagerly serve the Black Ajah. Verified by The Gathering Storm!

The Too-Young Sitters

Callandor

We believe that the strange selections of Sitters in both the White Tower and the rebel Halls is a plot designed by Ajah Heads in the White Tower for a peaceful, or as peaceful as possible, re-joining of the White Tower. The Ajah Heads involved in this do not include the Heads of the Blue Ajah or Red Ajah, as well. Essentially verified by The Gathering Storm, though the motive also included a power play. The Ajah Heads clearly did not expect the rebellion to last so long.

Semirhage screwed up

Stilicho

We believe Semirhage did not allow herself to be captured, rather she intended to use the sad bracelets to control Rand. She screwed up by underestimating the rediscovered skills and abilities of the 3rd age channelers and was captured as a result of her mistake. Verified by The Gathering Storm prologue!

Debunked by The Gathering Storm:

Lews Therin is real

Isabel

We believe that the voice Rand calls LTT is actually the real voice and personality of LTT from LTT's life; Rand didn't create it. Debunked by The Gathering Storm, though again, a few diehards are still saying otherwise.

Sheriam's Beatings

Callandor

We believe that Delana Mosalaine Sedai of the Gray and Black Ajah, is the one who has been beating Sheriam; either as a back up on orders of Halima, or as a way to improve her standings with Halima. Debunked, but in Callandor's defense, his theory states that Halima is the only other real option to Delana. I think he just went for Delana because Halima seemed too obvious.

Laughter and Tears

Terez

We believe that the return of Moiraine, rather than the efforts of Cadsuane or Sorilea, will give Rand laughter and tears again, and that this will save Rand from the mental state that Cadsuane fears would taint even his victory at Tarmon Gai'don, thus fulfilling Min's vision that Rand would almost certainly fail there without Moiraine. We also believe that Min's vision about whatever Cadsuane will teach Rand and all of the Asha'man is separate. Debunked by The Gathering Storm! Rand has had his laughter and tears, and Moiraine hasn't yet been rescued.

Verin is seeking out the Borderlanders

Callandor

We believe that Verin left Rand's company to seek out the Borderlander rulers to fulfill the Karaethon Cycle prophecies, and those of the Aelfinn. To gather the "north" to Rand's banner, per se. Debunked by The Gathering Storm! In Callandor's defense again, no one saw that one coming - those who thought she went to the Tower, thought she went there to get the Horn for Mat.

The Great Purge

Terez

We believe that either the Black Ajah hunters in the Tower, or Egwene, or both together, will discover that Alviarin is a Darkfriend and detain her, forcing Alviarin to reveal the names of all members of the Black Ajah, and that Egwene will supply the authority, whether personally or through the hunters, to quietly arrest all of them that can be reached. This will be the "Great Purge" that Egwene thinks of in her Accepted test. Debunked by The Gathering Storm! It happened, but Alviarin wasn't the one to bust them...Verin came out of nowhere to do it instead, solving one of the longest-running mysteries in the books:

Verin is not evil!

Great Lord of the Dark

We believe Verin is NOT Black Ajah, is not working with Forsaken, either voluntarily or involuntarily, and has no sinister plans for Rand. She is committed to his winning the Last Battle, and has been for the last 70 years. Debunked by The Gathering Storm! If GLotD had not used those words in the creed!

Rand will not die, LTT will

Rand alThor15

We believe that Rand will not die at the Last Battle or right after it, Lews Therin will though, he will no longer exist in Rand's mind. Debunked by The Gathering Storm! Lews Therin has 'died', but not in a way that fulfills any of the death prophecies....except for a new 'death prophecy' given in this book!

Sheriam is not Black Ajah

Dorindha

We believe Sheriam is not Black Ajah, although she may be working for the Shadow indirectly, ordered by whoever was beating her. Debunked by The Gathering Storm!

Semirhage's Capture was a Set-Up

Ozymandias

We believe that Semirhage deliberately let herself be captured by Rand in order to penetrate his organisation and keep a tab on hie whereabouts, as well as do whatever harm she could to him as a prisoner. Debunked by The Gathering Storm prologue!

Sheriam’s torturer is Janya

Rhodric

We believe that the person who is beating Sheriam for information is Janya Frende, "Brown" Sitter for the Salidar Hall. Debunked by The Gathering Storm! It was apparently Halima.

Touched on but neither verified nor debunked:

Shevan is really Mesaana

Rhodric

We believe that the Forsaken Mesaana is disguised in the WT as Shevan, a Sitter for the Brown. This is not really debunked. Shevan swore on the Oath Rod, and she was not on Verin's list of Black Sitters, but she could have said "I am not Black Ajah" and believed herself to be telling the truth, quite easily, if she were Mesaana. She doesn't see herself as one of the Black Ajah at all - she is one of the Chosen.

Alanna's Bond to Rand Was No Accident

Tamyrlin

We believe Verin used compulsion on Alanna which resulted in Alanna bonding Rand. Still alive, and even more likely than before!

Verin and Lanfear are Connected

Tamyrlin

We believe that Verin has assisted Lanfear, either knowingly or through compulsion. Specifically, we believe Lanfear was involved in Verin’s giving of the Ter’angreal dream ring to Egwene. Denied by RJ…but! Tam thinks RJ was being deceptive now.

Graendal killed Asmodean

Uno

We believe that Graendal killed Asmodean in Caemlyn. Still alive...despite Graendal being dead!

Danelle is Mesaana

Raen Mhaal

We believe that Danelle Sedai of the Brown Ajah is in fact the Forsaken Mesaana. Danelle's name was, so far as we know, not on Egwene's list of Black Ajah, but there were several names that Egwene did not mention at all. Also, if Danelle were Mesaana, she could swear by the rod "I am not Black Ajah" truthfully enough.

Isabel
10-31-2009, 03:16 AM
NOt verified, Terez. you cannot say it's verified..............
This is exactly why I dont'like you.....

Terez
10-31-2009, 03:19 AM
lol, you didn't like me long before I gave you any real reason not to like me. That's why I don't worry much about pissing you off - there's no point.

Belazamon
10-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Verified by The Gathering Storm! Well, some would argue with that, but only the diehards.

Debunked by The Gathering Storm, though again, a few diehards are still saying otherwise.
~sigh~

Brita
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice summary, thanks Terez!

greatwolf
10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Sounds like a lot of personal opinoin to me.

:confused:

The Black Wind
10-31-2009, 02:02 PM

:confused:

Only the LTT factions can really be considered opinion.... in my opinion. :p

Brita
10-31-2009, 02:10 PM

Well, whatever you think of the official rulings, it is nice to have someone list the pertinent factions in relation to TGS, because Lord knows I'm too lazy to do it.

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Just take the LTT ones out of there on both sides and we're good.

I'm hoping my Lanfear faction gets settled in the next book....only theory I ever wrote officially LOL

*shameless plugs* and i actually had people pending in them LOL

http://www.theoryland.com/factions.php?func=4&rec=97

http://www.theoryland.com/factions.php?func=4&rec=94

and the Theory for lanfear being stilled
http://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?func=5&rec=114&theo=1530

Neilbert
10-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Sheriam is Black Ajah

Great Lord of the Dark

We believe Sheriam is, heart and soul, Black Ajah. She wasn't turned against her will and she isn't trying to find the Light. She willingly chose the Black Ajah, and she will always eagerly serve the Black Ajah.

Verified by The Gathering Storm!

No, not at all. Verin was not heart and soul Black Ajah, she was trying to find the Light, she did not willingly choose the Black Ajah, and she did not always eagerly serve the Black Ajah. Aside from being technically correct that Verin was BA, this prediction was 100% wrong.

Tamyrlin
10-31-2009, 02:28 PM
...S...
...H...

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2009, 02:34 PM
it says Sheriam Neil LOL

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh Lordy....now you can't post in the Newbie board without breaking rules...

What we we waiting for...

Wunderwaffe
10-31-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm curious, how did tGS not cement the 'LTT is a Construct Theory'? Particularly Veins of Gold.

Belazamon
10-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm curious, how did tGS not cement the 'LTT is a Construct Theory'? Particularly Veins of Gold.
Lordy, please, don't ask that here. We have enough threads for this already. ;)

Jokeslayer
10-31-2009, 03:27 PM

There are only about 43 threads on this so far, so I think we should go ahead and turn this one into another.

Terez
10-31-2009, 03:28 PM
No, not at all. Verin was not heart and soul Black Ajah, she was trying to find the Light, she did not willingly choose the Black Ajah, and she did not always eagerly serve the Black Ajah. Aside from being technically correct that Verin was BA, this prediction was 100% wrong.
That was about Sheriam....you forcibly changed the words?

Terez
10-31-2009, 03:29 PM
~sigh~
Yes, I said it. :)

Belazamon
10-31-2009, 03:29 PM
There are only about 43 threads on this so far, so I think we should go ahead and turn this one into another.
Perhaps we should assemble the circle of 13 Dreadlords and 13 Myrddraal.

Terez
10-31-2009, 03:33 PM
It's not required. Some threads turn quite willingly. :)

Belazamon
10-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Then maybe we should assemble a circle of 7 Aes Sedai and 7 Ogier to turn it back.

Terez
10-31-2009, 03:35 PM
If you wish. :)

Callandor
11-01-2009, 01:39 AM
My theories were wrong. Though, the Borderlanders one still chaps my ass. Damn, I thought I had that one nailed.

Alas. Still was damn good to find out, and very satisfying.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

Terez
11-01-2009, 01:55 AM
I thought I had the Great Purge nailed as well. It makes me feel a little better that 100 other people were also convinced...

Davian93
11-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Well, Verin DID visit a ton of other people (all those other letters in her bag). Its possible she visited the Borderlanders in addition to Mat and Egwene. So your theory isn't really 100% dead yet, Callandor.

Tree Brother
11-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, Verin DID visit a ton of other people (all those other letters in her bag). Its possible she visited the Borderlanders in addition to Mat and Egwene. So your theory isn't really 100% dead yet, Callandor.

Yeah. I don't think the story she told Mat was true. She was doing lots of other stuff during this time. Not spending the whole time being directed to his location by the pattern.

Terez
11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
She still had a bag full o letters when she visited Mat, so it's possible she was telling the truth. Also possible she was just trying to impress the importance of the information she gave on him.

Callandor
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM

That is true. Maybe I could get like 5% right then, Verin having visited who knows how many other places. Suddenly the theories become a little league: "Everyone is right! Yay!"

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

the silent speaker
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Verin is not evil!

Great Lord of the Dark

We believe Verin is NOT Black Ajah, is not working with Forsaken, either voluntarily or involuntarily, and has no sinister plans for Rand. She is committed to his winning the Last Battle, and has been for the last 70 years.
To be fair to Neil, this was also in the thread, and it was not quite as debunked as Terez said.
Faction title: true. Verin, despite being Black Ajah, was not evil.
First sentence: false, probably false, true. Verin was Black Ajah; by implication she worked with a Forsaken at least once; but she did not have any apparent sinister plans for Rand.
Second sentence: true, false. Verin was committed to helping Rand, but not for 70 years as she had no idea that the Dragon would be Reborn half a century before Rand's birth and a quarter century before his father's.

Terez
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
To be fair to Neil, this was also in the thread, and it was not quite as debunked as Terez said.
Faction title: true. Verin, despite being Black Ajah, was not evil.
lol...I said, 'If only GLotD had not used those words in the creed', so don't try to pretend that I said it was any more debunked than it actually was. The title was great, but the 'Verin is not Black Ajah' bit killed it dead.

Neil was probably just high and read the faction wrong.

Yuri33
11-01-2009, 10:50 PM
(Disclaimer--I don't have TGS yet, so I'm spoiler whoring and going based off what I've seen you guys talk about)

Can I get a little dap (http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/379/t/Rand-vs-Moridin-The-Duel-at-Shayul-Ghul.html?page=1):

The theory is this: Rand will use his connection to Moridin to seize the True Power for himself.

Or 'bout some what what (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231&highlight=yuri33):

From an aesthetic standpoint one of these things happening would make a lot of sense. RJ specifically ended the thread at what seems like such a strange point. There's a lack of closure, and most see it as a sort of cliffhanger, to be addressed quite early on in aMoL.

I'm going to advance an alternative possibility: A whole lot of nothing happens at the Elaida\Egwene dinner. No doubt Egwene will get into trouble and be beaten (as Tarna speculates), and no doubt Elaida gets mad, but other than that, nothing much.

With the added comment further in that thread:

I do agree that Elaida will get angry at Egwene, but I've been thinking that Egwene herself is going to tone it down a little at this dinner. Remember, this dinner is with Miedani--Elaida knows she's a spy, and it's likely that Egwene knows that Elaida knows she's a spy. To push Elaida's buttons would put Miedani in more danger.

It's possible that Egwene uses the dinner to simply gather a little intelligence.

BS even helps me out on one of my very first theories (http://theoryland.yuku.com/reply/35662/t/Listening-to-the-wind.html#reply-35662) posted to TL:

And yes, Nynaeve's Talent is definitely related to other Pattern-reading Talents, like Foretelling, Dreaming, the Wolf Dream, Seeing Ta'veren, Min's Viewing, and (possibly) the Finns' viewing.
So this leads me to a possible theory. Perhaps there is a common root Talent (Pattern-Sensing) that all of these people have (to varying strengths, of course), but their situations and\or inherent personalities shape their Talent to one type or another listed above.

Question (Luke): Has anyone ever had the same ability as Min? And do you know how it is caused or how the ability works?

Answer: The ability works quite explicitly from her being able to see glimmers in the Pattern. She is seeing what is being woven in the future and that is how most of the Foretelling powers work. He was actually pretty explicit in the notes about that. Though some of them of course, there are ones that are strict, meaning they see the Pattern, some of them you see how the Pattern might be. She sees the Pattern as it will be. Has anyone ever had it before? Yeah, from what I read it never said it explicitly, but it implied that this is a power that could exist again and has existed before, but there are no lists of anyone that’s had it before. It’s definitely open that somebody could have had it before, but he doesn’t actually say specificially.

(I'm well aware of another quote by RJ where he states that these abilities are unrelated, but BS is specifically recalling his "explicit notes." I'm willing to hang my hat on that)

Belazamon
11-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Major props on the True Power theory, Yuri. Hell, I'll even throw you some rep for that one. :D

Terez
11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
(Disclaimer--I don't have TGS yet, so I'm spoiler whoring and going based off what I've seen you guys talk about)

Can I get a little dap (http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/379/t/Rand-vs-Moridin-The-Duel-at-Shayul-Ghul.html?page=1):
Nice, I'd forgotten that one. I notice that no one really argued against you, including myself (at least, not on that point - the thread consisted mostly of people nitpicking other points). Usually when someone posts something I think it a good idea but unsupportable, I won't argue for or against it.

Or 'bout some what what (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231&highlight=yuri33):
Your arguments for that one were flawed. :p