PDA

View Full Version : What does Rand do differently?

Sodas
10-31-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm just going to throw this one up in the air for debate.

It didn't work, Lews Therin whispered. We used saidin, but we touched it to the Dark One. It was the only way! Something has to touch him, something to close the gap, but he was able to taint it. The seal was weak!

Yes, but what do we do differently? Rand thought.

Pg. 345

Davian93
10-31-2009, 06:14 PM
He'll throw Fain with the Ring of Power down the Pit of Doom.

;)

Sodas
10-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Haha.

I like the Fain idea.

Maybe put Fain between the Pattern and the Dark One.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 06:51 PM
I would guess that Fain will be involved somehow...in all seriousness.

Ivhon
10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I would guess that Fain will be involved somehow...in all seriousness.

Ive said it all along.

Sodas
10-31-2009, 07:13 PM
I think it could be Fain. I could definately come to that conclussion.

I could also see something TAR-ish as well. I figure the Eye of the World, which I believe was a pocket of TAR, lasted in the Mountains of Doom, so I before theoriezed why not something similiar?

Jokeslayer
10-31-2009, 08:26 PM
I think it could be Fain. I could definately come to that conclussion.

I could also see something TAR-ish as well. I figure the Eye of the World, which I believe was a pocket of TAR, lasted in the Mountains of Doom, so I before theoriezed why not something similiar?

The other thing about TAR that's potentially very useful in this situation is that it's constant across all worlds (well, probably is anyway). Something done from there can likely have more of an effect on the various mirror worlds than something done in the "main" world.

I think it probably will have something to do with Fain (the two wounds and their interaction have to mean something, I would imagine, but whether that was covered with the Cleansing I don't know) and possibly the TP as well.