PDA

View Full Version : Continuity Question

Ozymandias
10-31-2009, 06:22 PM
In the Tam-Rand reunion scene, Tam mentions that Perrin has Morgase with him. When was this revealed? I could've sworn they don't say anything about it in KoD, and I don't remember reading it tGS.

I only ask because I was really looking forward to the scene where they realize who she is.

Davian93
10-31-2009, 06:25 PM
In the Tam-Rand reunion scene, Tam mentions that Perrin has Morgase with him. When was this revealed? I could've sworn they don't say anything about it in KoD, and I don't remember reading it tGS.

I only ask because I was really looking forward to the scene where they realize who she is.

The assumption is that its a scene that took place off screen and will hopefully be in the next book. Rand noticed Galad and Perrin met through one of his rainbow visions but the meeting has not yet occurred. Clearly Galad would recognize his stepmother when she would be serving Perrin wine...with hilarity ensuing.

The Black Wind
10-31-2009, 07:26 PM
My guess is that Belware will reveal it to Perrin before he meets with Galad. But we'll see... :)

Zaela Sedai
10-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Balwer? Lol that actually took me a min to figure out :p

The Black Wind
11-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Balwer? Lol that actually took me a min to figure out :p

To be fair "wer" and "ware" are pretty close in sound. Normally I check my spelling buy googling the names before submitting my reply but I guess I got lazy. :o

In any case, I thought it'd be intuitively obvious to the casual reader who I was talking about. And since that's the standard we go by here at theoryland I felt safe with that post. :D

Callandor
11-01-2009, 01:59 AM
It's the biggest flaw in the book, and yet I totally understand the rationalization for doing so. I just wished they would've removed Tam's line about Morgase, and just skipped the Perrin/Galad vision.

Will make it easier to establish continuity with the latter books, but sure made for a "WTF?" moment to me.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

Jokeslayer
11-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Normally I check my spelling buy googling the names

ROFL (I hope that was intentional)

creepybob
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
ROFL (I hope that was intentional)

I don't think it was

Jokeslayer
11-01-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't think it was

No, probably not. But I feel less mean laughing at other people's typos if I hope they did it on purpose.