PDA

View Full Version : Nice cover by TOR

lurk
11-03-2009, 07:17 AM
I did not see this mentioned here before. If it was then sorry about that. But something caught my eye when reading the inside of the TOR cover.

drumbeat

Theoryland is mentioned on it as one of the many Robert Jordan and Wheel of Time fan-maintained websites

YAY! we are famous:D

Terez
11-03-2009, 07:21 AM
We were mentioned in the paperback of Knife of Dreams also, so it's not totally new. But still good. :)

lurk
11-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey I got no patience to wait for the paperbacks, I buy the hardcover :)

Terez
11-03-2009, 07:24 AM
haha, me too. But we made a big deal out of it at the time, I remember that. Marie scanned in a copy of the page, lol...

Terez
11-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Oh, and did anyone notice the author page? RJ has always had the heron mark sword as his chapter icon, but I just noticed that BS has the blacksmith's puzzle. Interesting!

GonzoTheGreat
11-03-2009, 07:27 AM
The spooky face in the front of the house actually turns out to be from the book itself too. I must admit that I hadn't expected that, when the cover was first shown on the Internet. Neither had anyone else, from what I remember.

lurk
11-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Guess Brandon feels more like a Perrin than like a Rand :)

If you look at it from the POV of a reader he even is. He takes his time to finish the story, even needs three books. That could be interpreted as being slow witted but actually he is being thorough. :D

Oh and he plays magic the gathering, that makes him a great person in my book hehe ;)

GonzoTheGreat
11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
What would the Whitecloaks make of Perrin playing MtG? :D

Terez
11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
You should know.

Marie Curie 7
11-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh, and did anyone notice the author page? RJ has always had the heron mark sword as his chapter icon, but I just noticed that BS has the blacksmith's puzzle. Interesting!

Brandon talked about it during the live feed of the signing last night. I believe that he said that Harriet had asked him what he wanted to use as his icon, and he said that he selected the blacksmith's puzzle icon in part because finishing the books has been kind a puzzle in fitting everything together.

Terez
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that was the impression that I got. :)