PDA

View Full Version : There once was a Brave Little Lurker...

The Great Serpent
11-12-2009, 01:43 PM
*ahem*

There once was a brave little lurker
Who couldn't get any berserker
So he speaks now in poem
Like an old dusty tome
Now none can call him a post shirker
________
Paxil Injury Lawyer (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Birgitte
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the Insanity, tGS! Is it coincidence that your name has the same initials as The Gathering Storm?

Gilshalos Sedai
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Welcome, Snake!

Sarevok
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome to TL, Great Serpent. :)

And I'd like to second B's questions. :)

Nazbaque
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Welcome Worm!!

You may call me Naz!!

*Sets himself on fire*

*Roasts marshmellows*

The Great Serpent
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
*ahem*

My letters t G S be luck
Must leave many of you awestruck
I'll gladly lay claim,
To this small li'l fame,
But this Limerick should end in Fuck!
________
Zoloft Attorney (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

RogueSavior
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
But this Limerick should end in Fuck!

Yes, yes it should!

Welcome, tGS, to Theoryland!

Sarevok
11-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm curious what your serious posts will look like... Do you intend to keep up this rhiming?

The Great Serpent
11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
*ahem*

Of course I intend to keep rhyming
I've such rhythm, meter, and timing
Who would ever stop?
I write them chop-chop
And it's so much cooler than miming
________
Marijuana gifts (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

Belazamon
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Howdy!

I give it a week. ;)

Sarevok
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I give it a week. ;)
2 days. :)

Gilshalos Sedai
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
*ahem*

Of course I intend to keep rhyming
I've such rhythm, meter, and timing
Who would ever stop?
I write them chop-chop
And it's so much cooler than miming

Even Rogue Savior is cooler than miming.

The Great Serpent
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Howdy!

I give it a week. ;)

2 days.
*ahem*

I know it's just good natured ribbing.
And so I don't find it perturbing
Though I really must say,
That I do feel this way
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
________
MomDelight (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/MomDelight)

Zanguini
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I think i like Haikus better

Belazamon
11-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I think i like Haikus better
Eh, I'm not so sure. Limericks have their charm too. They just get old quick. ;)

RogueSavior
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Ouch, Gil.

Ouch.

Sei'taer
11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Pshaw...miming can be cool. You get to go way underground and dig up coal and use explosives and have a canary and a light you wear on your head. Mimers rock!

Welcome tGS

Jokeslayer
11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
While this trick is good, I find myself hoping you have another one in your saddlebags.

Anyway, welcome to TL.

The Great Serpent
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
*ahem*

The Slayer of Jokes laid a challenge
One that I can easily manage
A Sonnet? Or Haiku?
What?s a poet to do?
Write a limerick. And eat a sammitch.
________
01SmilyBlonde (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/01SmilyBlonde)

Matoyak
11-12-2009, 07:28 PM
It will be an interesting experience reading a theory written in poetry-styling... (That is, if Snakey here ever does post one)

RogueSavior
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
I, Mato, was waiting for him to try to answer your string of questions in Limerick...

Jokeslayer
11-12-2009, 07:37 PM
*ahem*

The Slayer of Jokes laid a challenge
One that I can easily manage
A Sonnet? Or Haiku?
What’s a poet to do?
Write a limerick. And eat a sammitch.

I liked this better before you mangled the word sandwich. I was nearly swayed.

Matoyak
11-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I, Mato, was waiting for him to try to answer your string of questions in Limerick...Duly noted.

Welcome Snakey! Do tell us about thyself. What's your favorite book in the series? Out of the series? Beside the series? On top of the series? Favorite character? Least favorite character? Most hated book? A character you would like if only _______ happened to them? Favorite flavor of beef jerkey? If you could kill off one character in WoT, who would it be and why? (not necessarily the same as your least liked.)

Anyways, the insanity wards are down the hall, third door to the right. Please join us, it's a fun time. :D

Zaela Sedai
11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Snakey!! (yes...snakey...I like it :P )As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

The Great Serpent
11-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Duly noted.

Welcome Snakey! Do tell us about thyself. What's your favorite book in the series? Out of the series? Beside the series? On top of the series? Favorite character? Least favorite character? Most hated book? A character you would like if only _______ happened to them? Favorite flavor of beef jerkey? If you could kill off one character in WoT, who would it be and why? (not necessarily the same as your least liked.)

Anyways, the insanity wards are down the hall, third door to the right. Please join us, it's a fun time. :D

*ahem*

Snakey?! Matoyak, how could you?!
I?ll forgive that little miscue
I?ll answer your query,
But take care, be wary
Into my mind here?s a preview?

Eye of the World is my favorite
If only in WoT I target
But looking outside
I quickly decide
The Hobbit - Best on the Planet

Of characters, Thom is the best!
His heart thumps with mine in my chest!
But whom I revile
And thus would exile
Nynaeve, this Wisdom I detest!

As to your question on jerky
Why beef, and not pork or turkey?
They still taste like wood,
Which makes them as good,
In Texas, I?d be thought quirky!
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

RogueSavior
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Well - touchey.

Firseal
11-13-2009, 12:05 AM
To Theoryland yourself be most welcome
Though the poetry here be but a crumb
I hope you henceforth like it
And find thyself a good fit
We even got out the old welcome drum!

So, do remember to have fun
Even if just with rhyme or pun
Thus make as if this twas your home
And about the various pages do roam
Long past the setting of the sun

Remember though, that most here use prose
Don't hold it against them, but instead repose
In the knowledge of craft
Keep the hands on the haft
Hewing out the language you want until close.

Gilshalos Sedai
11-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Run for your lives! It's contagious!

Anaiya Sedai
11-13-2009, 08:09 AM
:eek:

welcome to TL, snakey!

*wonders whether constant limericks count as shiney, or if she'll need to get some earmuffs to add to the sunglasses*

tanaww
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
There once was a man named Rogue Savior
who was known for audacious behavior
He was kind of a jerk
who hated to work
But the Corps would probably take him with a waiver.

I can do limericks too!

Welcome TGS.

The Great Serpent
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
*ahem*

Of course Poetry is contagious
To think otherwise is outrageous
It's Awesome, and fun,
but I'm number 1!
These limericks are running rampageous!
________
Teen Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/teen-girls/)

Matoyak
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Nynaeve, this Wisdom I detest!We might have to hide you from Isabel. (or is it Ishara? Pretty sure it's Isabel that's the Nynaeve fanculb leader, but my memory is horrendous...)

Gilshalos Sedai
11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, it's Isabel.

Terez
11-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Don't worry about Isa; the worst she can do is kick you, and you're not in range.

tworiverswoman
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Welcome to TL, TGS. Hmmm. Might have to devolve to Snakey just to avoid confusion.

"Those who can't do - criticize!" You guys all have lousy scansion. Sheesh. Limericks have a METER. AND a rhyme scheme.

Come on, people. raise the bar!

~sits back in the happy knowledge that she can't craft a limerick for any amount of money...~

Zaela Sedai
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh its definitely Snakey... regardless...just like Spammer weill always be Spammer.... where is Spammer?

Matoyak
11-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh its definitely Snakey... regardless...just like Spammer weill always be Spammer.... where is Spammer?I was wondering this very thing.

In other news, we have a spammer, a snakey, a spaz, a lurker, and a new lurk.

Sarevok
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Welcome to TL, TGS. Hmmm. Might have to devolve to Snakey just to avoid confusion.

Worked fine with WH. Although I admit that took some getting used to. Also, am I correct in guessing Weird Harold's name predates Winter's Heart?

Matoyak
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Worked fine with WH. Although I admit that took some getting used to. Also, am I correct in guessing Weird Harold's name predates Winter's Heart?Pretty positive that it does. So he had WH well before the book. I remember when I first joined everyone typed Winter's Heart out, and not Weird Harold.

Zaela Sedai
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Pretty positive that it does. So he had WH well before the book. I remember when I first joined everyone typed Winter's Heart out, and not Weird Harold.

Yup, that would be why.... I think it was even discussed lol...and well WH stayed WH

WinespringBrother
11-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Welcome TGS! (Not to be confused with WSB :P)