PDA

View Full Version : Report from TOR.com blog comments

Terez
11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks to Peter Ahlstrom, Brandon's trusty assistant, for sending this my way!

Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego 15 November 2009 - Freelancer reporting (http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=58170#74180)

Q. Did Verin have anything to do with the attack on Demira Sedai in Caemlyn?

A. RAFO+. Even though Verin's gone now, so much Verin discussion remains that it shouldn't be disturbed. (He took several seconds deciding to RAFO, if that means anything)

Q. Has Narishma fulfilled the prophecy regarding Callandor and "who draws it out shall follow after"?

A. RAFO.

Q. Will Elaida ever learn how badly she has misinterpreted her Foretellings?

A. RAFO+ (He smiled at this one, almost wanting to answer, and later reminded us that there are possible future outrigger stories, which he dared not spoil)

Q. Does Tam al'Thor have a romantic interest in his future, and if so, has he recently encountered the object of this interest?

A. RAFO+ (With a similar comment to the Elaida question above, a Tam-centered story is outlined)

Q. Were the references to Galad, both from Rand's technicolor scrying of Perrin and Tam's mention, intentionally left in place as teasers, or an accidental artifact of the book division?

A. Intentional.

Q. Has Cadsuane met Min's vision regarding the lesson she must teach Rand and the Asha'man, which they won't like one bit?

A. Part of it. (That strongly suggests that the "laughter and tears" connection is valid)

Q. Has Graendal's death in any way acquitted her as a suspect in Asmodean's death?

A. (short pause) No. (longer pause) For that matter, I'm not saying definitively that she's dead. (I followed up on this, describing my logic regarding Ramshalan, and got a strong nod, but no more words)

Q. Is Rand's access to the True Power via his link with Moridin, created at Shadar Logoth?

A. No one may channel the True Power without the Dark One's permission, and Rand doesn't have that.

Q. Did Ishamael have a hand in how the Seanchan prophecies have come to differ from those of the westlands?

A. RAFO+

Q. Is Tuon's new name, Fortuona, an intentional play on the Latin Fortuna? Many see this as a semantic trick for calling her Lady Luck, which fits being Mat's wife.

A. Good question, and I'm going to allow you to say yes, as I don't think anything of that nature was done without a purpose, but it was Jim's (Robert Jordan) choice, which Maria dug out for me when I realized I needed to create a new name for her upon ascending as Empress. (Hah! All you naysayers who bagged on Brandon for this, saying Jordan would never have chosen such a goofy name)

Q. Mr. Jordan stated that the Seanchan only know how to make one kind of ter'angreal. Then there are the Bloodknives' rings. Is this a departure from Jordan's notes, or a discrepancy in a past answer?

A. Neither. The Seanchan only know how to make a'dam.

Q. It has been noted that Sulin is incorrectly referred to in a scene with Rand's group in Arad Doman. Who should have been named in the text there?

A. Sulin.

Q. Was the Compulsion which Elza told Semirhage about, Verin's work from after Dumai's Wells, and was it Shaidar Haran who told her about it and to ask Semirhage to remove it?

A. Yes.

Q. How did Elza defeat the wards on Cadsuane's plain wooden box?

A. Elza had been given knowledge of several rarely known weaves, and in other ways made into a tool of Shaidar Haran. Not all of it was pleasant for her.

Q. Is the ter'angreal which Aviendha identifies as related to holes, and requiring a song to activate, the Talisman of Growing for the Ways?

A. (Huge grin) RAFO.

Q. Some commenters (AMW) have noted a seeming discrepancy regarding Egwene's accounting for captured, missing, dead, and present sisters. Is this true, and can it be explained?

A. RAFO.

Q. This was asked at a previous event, and you had to check with Maria regarding whether you should RAFO of give an answer. When Carridin recognized Mat in Ebou Dar, did that trigger some method by which Sammael showed up, like a pager, or was it coincidence?

A. Haven't heard yet from Maria on this one, so it is still a MAFO (Maria and find out)

Q. Did you enjoy Tam calling Cadsuane a bully?

A. (Broad smile) Immensely! She needed to hear it.

Q. Will there be reciprocity for Cadsuane's treatment of Semirhage?

A. If I have anything to say about it.

One other tidbit, Brandon said that there are no scenes in TGS that he invented. Some scenes were from very rough outlines, some in detailed outlines, and some completely finished, but he did not think up scenes at all. He said that there was much creative work for him to do, and there were scenes that he altered in order to blend in with those before/after. He said that Harriet told him that Jim often wrote a dozen or more drafts of a scene before letting anyone else read it, so he didn't have to presume that every word among the notes and outlines was exactly how Jordan would have ended up wanting it, which allowed Brandon the freedom to do what he believed best for the book as a whole. He did quite well indeed.

Yuri33
11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm post call and tired as hell, but I have to comment about this rich set of new answers:

Q. Has Cadsuane met Min's vision regarding the lesson she must teach Rand and the Asha'man, which they won't like one bit?

A. Part of it. (That strongly suggests that the "laughter and tears" connection is valid)

Considering she had little directly to with Rand's laughter (she brought Tam, but that seems a little lame considering her lessons have to do with all asha'man), I think her lesson has to do with helping Rand and asha'men control their passions in a healthy manner. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it's in Cadsuane's thoughts while she thinks about how to interrogate Semirhage.

Q. Is Rand's access to the True Power via his link with Moridin, created at Shadar Logoth?

A. No one may channel the True Power without the Dark One's permission, and Rand doesn't have that.

Vindication, baby. And predicted before TGS came out.

Q. Mr. Jordan stated that the Seanchan only know how to make one kind of ter'angreal. Then there are the Bloodknives' rings. Is this a departure from Jordan's notes, or a discrepancy in a past answer?

A. Neither. The Seanchan only know how to make a'dam.

I was right on this one as well--the stone rings are in limited supply. Question remains as whether they are reusable, however.

Q. Was the Compulsion which Elza told Semirhage about, Verin's work from after Dumai's Wells, and was it Shaidar Haran who told her about it and to ask Semirhage to remove it?

A. Yes.

Q. How did Elza defeat the wards on Cadsuane's plain wooden box?

A. Elza had been given knowledge of several rarely known weaves, and in other ways made into a tool of Shaidar Haran. Not all of it was pleasant for her.

Nice, no extra Compulsion needed, though what SH did to her sounds interesting. Probably gave her a mark like Alvarin, but he had to do something more as well.

Q. Did you enjoy Tam calling Cadsuane a bully?

A. (Broad smile) Immensely! She needed to hear it.

Q. Will there be reciprocity for Cadsuane's treatment of Semirhage?

A. If I have anything to say about it.

Love this. Cads has been mostly wrong about Rand since day one. And she still hasn't learned her lesson.

We need Moiraine soon!

Belazamon
11-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Q. Has Graendal's death in any way acquitted her as a suspect in Asmodean's death?
A. (short pause) No. (longer pause) For that matter, I'm not saying definitively that she's dead. (I followed up on this, describing my logic regarding Ramshalan, and got a strong nod, but no more words)
~crosses fingers for the possibility that Graendal didn't go down like a bitch~

Vindication!

One Armed Gimp
11-19-2009, 05:08 PM

I fail. Oh well. I think Rand having open permission would have made for a better good vs. evil and internal battle thing, but I am interested to see how this effects the link between Rand and Moridin. Then again, he didn't really say it was through the link either. Not that I doubt that anymore.

Matoyak
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
good vs. evil and internal battle thingRand's had quite enough of that, IMO...
A. No one may channel the True Power without the Dark One's permission, and Rand doesn't have that.Yay

FelixPax
11-19-2009, 10:42 PM

Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego 15 November 2009 - Freelancer reporting (http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=58170#74180)

Q. Did Verin have anything to do with the attack on Demira Sedai in Caemlyn?

A. RAFO+. Even though Verin's gone now, so much Verin discussion remains that it shouldn't be disturbed. (He took several seconds deciding to RAFO, if that means anything)

Not really a surprise this has been RAFO'd.

Q. Were the references to Galad, both from Rand's technicolor scrying of Perrin and Tam's mention, intentionally left in place as teasers, or an accidental artifact of the book division?

A. Intentional.

Brandon implied the same answer at this Arizona Q&A hosted on USstream, part 2 (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2575312) - between minutes 35-38. He's being consistent here.

He have the same answer in the Arizona Q&A on USstream part 2. No news here.

But are Moridin and Rand connected similarly as Isam & Luc are, in some manner? There are hints in the Great Hunt book, this may be possible. So, if they are connected giving Moridin access would imply access already for Rand, all the way back to that scene in the Portal Stone world with Loial, Hurin and Ishamael.

Meaning this answer isn't as clear as it seems, because of the uncertainty surrounding the tie(s) between Moridin/Ishamael and Rand.

Q. Is Tuon's new name, Fortuona, an intentional play on the Latin Fortuna? Many see this as a semantic trick for calling her Lady Luck, which fits being Mat's wife.

A. Good question, and I'm going to allow you to say yes, as I don't think anything of that nature was done without a purpose, but it was Jim's (Robert Jordan) choice, which Maria dug out for me when I realized I needed to create a new name for her upon ascending as Empress. (Hah! All you naysayers who bagged on Brandon for this, saying Jordan would never have chosen such a goofy name)

I too thought the name Fortuona is tied to more ancient Roman definition of "Luck" than the more modern definition tied to probability theory which lacks a destiny conception.

A. Yes.

Sweet, a direct answer! Which implies the future possibility that every one of the Aes Sedai Verin cast Compulsion on in Cairhien, could be found out by the Dark One, Shaidar Haran ---> e.g. "Fera" (CoT,Ch24)

One other tidbit, Brandon said that there are no scenes in TGS that he invented. Some scenes were from very rough outlines, some in detailed outlines, and some completely finished, but he did not think up scenes at all. He said that there was much creative work for him to do, and there were scenes that he altered in order to blend in with those before/after.

He said almost word for word the same thing in the Arizona Q&A part 2 hosted at USstream.

Edit: Here is that Great Hunt book scene between Rand & now Moridin in the Portal Stone:

He laughed again; calm of the void or no, it was all Rand could do not cover his ears. “Sometimes old enemies fight so long that they become allies and never realize it. They think they strike at you, but they have become so closely linked it is as if you guided the blow yourself.”

“Power.” Ba’alzamon’s voice became soft, insinuating. “You can have power again, Lews Therin. You are linked to it now, this moment. I know it. I can see it. Feel it, Lews Therin. Feel the glow inside you. Feel the power that could be yours. All you must do is reach out for it. But the Shadow is there between you and it. Madness and death. You need not die, Lews Therin, not ever again.”

Yuri33
11-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, it turns out that BS's statement about the DO not granting Rand permission is in dispute (http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,49575.msg1364030.html#msg1364030):

Oy,

I was at that signing, I was literally right next to Brandon as he answered this question, and that is far from his exact wording.

The response was more accurately something like: So far as we know, no one may chnanel the true power without the Dark One's permission. Semirhage certainly seemed to think she was betrayed.

There was never a comment about Rand not having permission.

I'd take all of the Q & A by that guy with a bit of a grain of salt... He seemed very much to be looking to hear things that agree with his own opinions, not so much just trying to take in some truth from Brandon.

So vindication will have to wait until this is clarified. In fact, this poster implies that this whole report may be questionable.

Terez
11-19-2009, 11:18 PM
The report was sent to me by Brandon's assistant, Peter. I'm sure he will be happy to help us clarify.

GonzoTheGreat
11-20-2009, 02:56 AM
Q. Will Elaida ever learn how badly she has misinterpreted her Foretellings?

A. RAFO+ (He smiled at this one, almost wanting to answer, and later reminded us that there are possible future outrigger stories, which he dared not spoil)

Q. Does Tam al'Thor have a romantic interest in his future, and if so, has he recently encountered the object of this interest?

A. RAFO+ (With a similar comment to the Elaida question above, a Tam-centered story is outlined)Neat. Wonder what Elayne will think of having Elaida for a step-mother-in-law.

Devlin1969
11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, it turns out that BS's statement about the DO not granting Rand permission is in dispute (http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,49575.msg1364030.html#msg1364030):

So vindication will have to wait until this is clarified. In fact, this poster implies that this whole report may be questionable.

I agree with you.

Originally posted by Tamyrlin: from the "Driving Brandon Sanderson" Discussion:

Matt: There was some confusion about Rand and the DO’s permission, so for clarification’s sake, did Rand have the DO’s permission to use the True Power?

Brandon: I have not answered that. If anyone says that I have, I have not. What I have said specifically is, this is recording: generally one must have the DO’s permission to use the True Power. Semirhage believed that the DO had betrayed her by letting Rand use it. […] It is good that you have asked this so I can make sure on the record that is the answer I have given.

Tercel
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Q. Is the ter'angreal which Aviendha identifies as related to holes, and requiring a song to activate, the Talisman of Growing for the Ways?

A. (Huge grin) RAFO.When I first read KoD I assumed this was the case, but I have since grown very dissatisfied with this idea. We know the Ways and Talismans were made specifically by the male AS.

Female AS shouldn't be able to recognize Ter'angreal created by only men, as there is no connection to Saidar. It shouldn't have 'warmed' to Elayne's touch, and Aviendha shouldn't have been able to tell what it does.

(Random theory thought of in passing: The reason Elayne's non-channeling dream Ter'angreal only half-work is because she's only using Saidar, and she needs a man to link with)

Furthermore, if it is a Talisman of Growing for the Ways, there will be no plot use for it at all in the rest of the series. So why would BS bother to RAFO it? A RAFO "with a big grin" indicates a plot-related use for the Ter'angreal.

Of the top of my head, I can think of two other things it might do:
1. It is for Seed-Singing, making seeds grow out of 'holes' in the ground. This could have huge plot implications, given the forshadowing of how Rand is going to Sing to the world to bring forth green things. Elayne assumed that the use of Need in TAR took her to the bowl of the winds, but maybe it was this Ter'angreal that she was taken to.

2. The Book of Translation. It might open a hole for the Ogier to their other world. I think this is less likely though.

klye
11-23-2009, 08:11 PM

Q. It has been noted that Sulin is incorrectly referred to in a scene with Rand's group in Arad Doman. Who should have been named in the text there?

A. Sulin.

Wait... what? So Sulin traveled back to rands group? When? How? What?

I feel ashamed that I missed her name as I was reading it. :)

WinespringBrother
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
When I first read KoD I assumed this was the case, but I have since grown very dissatisfied with this idea. We know the Ways and Talismans were made specifically by the male AS.

Female AS shouldn't be able to recognize Ter'angreal created by only men, as there is no connection to Saidar. It shouldn't have 'warmed' to Elayne's touch, and Aviendha shouldn't have been able to tell what it does.

(Random theory thought of in passing: The reason Elayne's non-channeling dream Ter'angreal only half-work is because she's only using Saidar, and she needs a man to link with)

Furthermore, if it is a Talisman of Growing for the Ways, there will be no plot use for it at all in the rest of the series. So why would BS bother to RAFO it? A RAFO "with a big grin" indicates a plot-related use for the Ter'angreal.

Of the top of my head, I can think of two other things it might do:
1. It is for Seed-Singing, making seeds grow out of 'holes' in the ground. This could have huge plot implications, given the forshadowing of how Rand is going to Sing to the world to bring forth green things. Elayne assumed that the use of Need in TAR took her to the bowl of the winds, but maybe it was this Ter'angreal that she was taken to.

2. The Book of Translation. It might open a hole for the Ogier to their other world. I think this is less likely though.

The ter'angreal for growing holes is activated by singing, not by saidin or saidar. So there is no reason Aviendha couldn't read it. That would be a big clue that is used by non-channelers, aka Ogier. It could be for seed-singing, but I like the idea of it being the talisman for growing the Ways.

Marie Curie 7
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
The ter'angreal for growing holes is activated by singing, not by saidin or saidar. So there is no reason Aviendha couldn't read it. That would be a big clue that is used by non-channelers, aka Ogier. It could be for seed-singing, but I like the idea of it being the talisman for growing the Ways.

When Aviendha examined it, she specifically indicated that it was NOT used for growing plants.

TITLE: Knife of Dreams
CHAPTER: 15 - A Different Skill

Elayne began to think that Aviendha was giving up, offering the same answer every time in hopes that she would stop asking, but then she realized that her sister’s voice was becoming more confident rather than less, that the protests that she was only guessing had dwindled. And her “guesses” were growing in detail. A bent, featureless rod of dull black, as wide as her wrist-it seemed metal, yet one end accommodated itself to any hand that gripped it-made her think of cutting, either metal or stone if they were not too thick. Nothing that could catch fire, though. The apparently glass figure of a man, a foot tall, with his hand raised as if to signal stop, would chase away vermin, which would certainly have been useful, given Caemlyn's plague of rats and flies. A stone carving the size of her hand, all deep blue curves-it felt like stone, at least, though somehow it did not really look carved - was for growing something. Not plants. It made her think of holes, only they were not exactly holes. And she did not believe anyone had to channel to make it work. Only sing the right song! Some ter'angreal did not require channeling, but really! Singing?

So I really doubt that it was used for seed singing.

Tercel
11-23-2009, 11:14 PM
When Aviendha examined it, she specifically indicated that it was NOT used for growing plants.

So I really doubt that it was used for seed singing.Thanks for the quote. Yes the quote makes it clear it is not for seed singing. So it seems fairly clear it is used for growing Waygates, although it could a Book of Translation I suppose.

However, I think there's an inconsistency here, since it is a Ter'angreal made by men only and hence the Ter'angreal exclusively uses Saidin and no Saidar, I don't think Elayne should have been able to recognize it as a Ter'angreal. It shouldn't have 'warmed in her hand' echoing the Power in her.

WinespringBrother
11-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the quote. Yes the quote makes it clear it is not for seed singing. So it seems fairly clear it is used for growing Waygates, although it could a Book of Translation I suppose.

However, I think there's an inconsistency here, since it is a Ter'angreal made by men only and hence the Ter'angreal exclusively uses Saidin and no Saidar, I don't think Elayne should have been able to recognize it as a Ter'angreal. It shouldn't have 'warmed in her hand' echoing the Power in her.

The ter'angreal does not use Saidin! It is activated by singing... see my above post.

GonzoTheGreat
11-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Yes, but once it is activated, it does do something. And in order to do that something, it uses the OP. Half of the OP, or all of it? We don't know. But if it is indeed a thing for growing Waygates, then it would seem more likely than not that it would use saidin, since that's what those things are supposed to use by those who know about them.

Spasmodean
11-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Yes, but once it is activated, it does do something. And in order to do that something, it uses the OP. Half of the OP, or all of it? We don't know. But if it is indeed a thing for growing Waygates, then it would seem more likely than not that it would use saidin, since that's what those things are supposed to use by those who know about them.

Well the bowl of the winds had saidin mixed into the weaves, and that was an all woman circle using it.
Perhaps advanced terangreal could tap into saidar from either the standing flows or perhaps some sort of atmospheric saidar.

GonzoTheGreat
11-24-2009, 09:18 AM
One of the Dream ter'angreal works without channeling. Would it also work in a Stedding?
I think not, but I'm not entirely sure.

Which brings up the next question: would it be possible to shield such a ter'angreal, so that it no longer works?

Weird Harold
11-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Which brings up the next question: would it be possible to shield such a ter'angreal, so that it no longer works?

Yes, it is possible to shield the Twisted Ring ter'angreal; it does't even require the OP.

The Twisted Ring only works if it is touching skin, so a layer of cloth sheilds it.

Actually, I think the Twisted Ring would work in a Stedding because it does not seem to use the OP when it functions. It requires the OP to manufacture one, but it doesn't glow with flows of Saidar when working (not even the ones e?lyane manufactured with Saidar alone.)

What would keep the sleeper from entering T'A'R from a Stedding is the same quirk that prevents one from entering a Stedding from T'A'R.

Belazamon
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Actually, I think the Twisted Ring would work in a Stedding because it does not seem to use the OP when it functions. It requires the OP to manufacture one, but it doesn't glow with flows of Saidar when working (not even the ones e?lyane manufactured with Saidar alone.)
I think I'd disagree. You probably wouldn't say that a ter'angreal channels, per se, but it definitely uses the Power."Ter'angreal do many things, child. Like angreal and sa'angreal, they are remnants of the Age of Legends that use the One Power, though they are not quite so rare as the other two. While some ter'angreal must be made to work by Aes Sedai, as this one must, others will do what they do simply with the presence of any woman who can channel. There are even supposed to be some that will function for anyone at all."They were strange things, ter'angreal, fragments of the Age of Legends like angreal and sa'angreal, if more numerous. Ter'angreal used the One Power instead of magnifying it.

WinespringBrother
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
I think I'd disagree. You probably wouldn't say that a ter'angreal channels, per se, but it definitely uses the Power.

Getting back to the point, Aviendha should be able to read a ter'angreal that doesn't need active saidin channeling to activate it. Whether it uses saidin once otherwise activated is besides the point. Her Talent probably locates the activation controls on the ter'angreal and possibly uses spirit to get feedback from the device without actually activating it. That would explain her knowledge of how to use the Growing ter'angreal.

Terez
12-22-2009, 07:56 PM
If anyone is interested....the original reporter has in turn disputed the disputer:

TOR.com - The Wheel of Time: The Gathering Storm Open Spoiler Thread, Part the Second - Freelancer reporting (http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=58439#80339)

Brandon's later answer has to take precedence. He says that he didn't specify directly whether Rand did or did not have the Dark One's permission. That is what everyone must operate by, as his word is now canon. That does not change what I wrote down as my questions were being answered.

As to Writo's comments, I can only offer this. The comment by Brandon about Semirhage believing she had been betrayed was definitely in response to someone else's question. It did not come up with mine, but I do remember hearing it.

kcf
12-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I did ask Brandon about this when I had my chance - he was very specific and clear in his answer.

'It's very difficult to channel the TP without the DO's permission.'

I followed up with 'but not impossible'

He said 'but not impossible'.

reTaardad
12-23-2009, 10:55 AM

I don't like the idea that Graendal is still alive. I know, it creates dramatic suspense, but I don't see the point in killing someone off and bringing them back in a very roundabout way. Anyone remember "Who shot J.R.?"

I don't care, I'm sticking with my hypothesis that the Dark One gave Rand permission. I'm probably wrong, but I'll wait for an upcoming book to tell me.

A. Sulin.
Has there been an in depth discussion about this? I know that someone mentioned it right after tGS came out, but everyone seemed to come to the conclusion that it was a mistake. In any case, now that we know it was no mistake, is it an issue of time lines or is something fishy going on?

Terez
12-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Supposedly it's just a timeline issue, but I'm still confused about it. If contact had already been made with Perrin's group, then why did Nynaeve have to try so hard to find them?

GonzoTheGreat
12-28-2009, 03:37 AM
It might be that Perrin (or the WOs) had sent a few people back to the main Aiel groups, and then had moved somewhere else. In that way, there wouldn't have been continuous contact.

A better question perhaps is: why didn't a WO Dreamwalker touch the dreams of one of Perrin's WOs, and ask her "where are you hanging out now"?
That way Amys (or Bair, or whoever did it) could have cleared the issue up in one night or less.

wolframbohr2
12-28-2009, 04:48 AM
It might be that Perrin (or the WOs) had sent a few people back to the main Aiel groups, and then had moved somewhere else. In that way, there wouldn't have been continuous contact.

A better question perhaps is: why didn't a WO Dreamwalker touch the dreams of one of Perrin's WOs, and ask her "where are you hanging out now"?
That way Amys (or Bair, or whoever did it) could have cleared the issue up in one night or less.

Can the WO with Perrin dreamwalk? I honestly don't remember. If they can't even if other WO touch their dreams they would not be able to respond back. I doubt a WO would enter a dream of an other WO who can not enter TAR to find out this info.

The WO might view asking where Perrin is as spying. They have odd views of what spying is.

Did anyone ask the WO to find out? If they were not asked, they might not do it on their own. (I'd sooner play Maiden Kiss with a pack of rabid pit bulls than talk to a WO, they scare me)

The WO might not be familiar (in a dream sence) with the WO with Perrin and unable to find them in GOI.

Maybe the WO know, but wont reveal the info cause of some Fortelling or Dream they might have had or know about.

GonzoTheGreat
12-28-2009, 05:02 AM
Well, the WOs (Sorilea, which means the WOs) were working together with Cadsuane in the attempt to teach Rand laughter and tears. For that they wanted to find Tam, and in order to find him they needed to find Perrin.
Can the WO with Perrin dreamwalk? I honestly don't remember. If they can't even if other WO touch their dreams they would not be able to respond back.When the Dreamwalkers were organising the big meeting where Rand could be acknowledged Car'a'carn, they did speak to other WOs all over the place. Most of those weren't Dreamwalkers themselves, but they did manage to respond.
Did anyone ask the WO to find out? If they were not asked, they might not do it on their own. (I'd sooner play Maiden Kiss with a pack of rabid pit bulls than talk to a WO, they scare me)While your view is understandable (and sensible), I don't think that Sorilea is as bashful as you are. She wanted the information, and it is a legitimate question why she didn't get it.

wolframbohr2
12-28-2009, 05:10 AM
When the Dreamwalkers were organising the big meeting where Rand could be acknowledged Car'a'carn, they did speak to other WOs all over the place. Most of those weren't Dreamwalkers themselves, but they did manage to respond.

Did the WO say they contacted them, or did they say they contacted and they responded? I am woundering what the exact wording was when that transpired. At work atm, so need to wait till after sleep to look it up.

It is a verying interesting question why Sorilea did not get it, one to pounder until Terez tells us the answere ;)

GonzoTheGreat
12-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Almost anyone can touch Tel'aran'rhiod, but few can truly enter it. Of all the Wise Ones, we four alone can dreamwalk, and your Tower has not produced a dreamwalker in nearly five hundred years.This tells us that there were no other dreamwalkers amongst the Aiel, so any response that came was produced by WOs who are no better at it than the WOs with Perrin.
"Less," Seana said with a brisk shake of her head. "I have walked Alsera's dreams twice, and she says Bruan means to run all the way from Shiagi Hold. Less than a month."And this tells us that non-dreamwalker WOs can respond when a dreamwalker walks her dreams.

Terez
06-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Someone at tor.com brought it to my attention that there were two more reports from the tour that I hadn't added. The first one is here (http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=58170#75300); the second one is a little further down at comment #2577. All quote have been added to the database.

FelixPax
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
The first one is here (http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=58170#75300); the second one is a little further down at comment #2577. All quote have been added to the database.

Thanks for the report, however that given link goes directly to comment #2577 at Tor.com, not to whatever is the unknown first comment. It would have helped if you listed that prior comment number at Tor.com.

Terez
06-05-2010, 06:06 AM
If you'd actually read comment 2577, you'd see that he references the other post in that comment. The links should be straight in the database.

FelixPax
06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
If you'd actually read comment 2577, you'd see that he references the other post in that comment. The links should be straight in the database.

Yes, I most of that post, Terez. Yet your being a smart*** here. You didn't even answer take up my suggestion, list the other comment number & its link. If you actually do want to find documents, later in life, the links are the key--at least they are to the Internet.

Let see that link you gave loads sloooowwwwlyyyyy and then crashed two different browsers on two different computers. That's a first from Tor.com, its also circa 1993 again bad, as a site.

Terez
06-05-2010, 10:13 AM
There is a spot on the WoT Wiki that is designed to keep copies of all the reports in case sites go offline. We're working on completing that as well.

Bix
06-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Of all the things to get worked up over in life, geez Felix.

Terez
06-05-2010, 08:20 PM
In his defense, I think he is still touchy about the fact that I didn't include his reports in the database. Partly that was because he has misrepresented what Brandon has said before (though, again in his defense, there are language issues not to mention sanity issues). Also partly because no one else cares about the things he tends to ask about, like questions that assume that Valan Luca is a Hero of the Horn, or that Lanfear is not Cyndane.

FelixPax
06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
In his defense, I think he is still touchy about the fact that I didn't include his reports in the database. Partly that was because he has misrepresented what Brandon has said before (though, again in his defense, there are language issues not to mention sanity issues).

That is a false accusation, Terez. :mad::mad::mad:

Your own Gawyn will kill theory is unrelated to foretellings of the future given in this series. At times, Terez you have put your own head in the sand....