PDA

View Full Version : SJ Booksigning

Frenzy
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
i have a whole box of WoT goodies on my kitchen table right now. This is going to be friggin' sweet!!!

Terez
11-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Yay! Have fun and make sure to ask him good questions. :D

WinespringBrother
11-20-2009, 06:10 AM
have fun!!!!

Frenzy
11-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Booksigning was awesome. I have notes, from both the signing and the dinner, but will transcribe them tomorrow. I've been up WAAAY too long to be coherent. Quick highlights:

Jason Wolfbrother and 4Alethinos were both there and both got RAFO cards

Brandon wrote down Asmo's killer's name lightly in Korean, then heavily scribbled the hell out of it & gave it to one of the storm leaders.

Tamyrlin & Brandon wiped the floor with Jason and i at M:tG

Tamyrlin drove Brandon all over today, and had plenty of "grilling" time.

Brandon signed my book "Would you be nae'blis" and Harriet signed it "For the cookie queen" (i made them both giant Aes Sedai-symbol cookies). Squee!!

biggest story-related bombshell (imho): don't assume Rand and Moridin are linked.

More tomorrow. Including the results of the grilled cheese explanation.

Matoyak
11-22-2009, 02:32 AM
biggest story-related bombshell (imho): don't assume Rand and Moridin are linked.:eek: Well now, that would be a bombshell...granted, it doesn't kill it outright...hmmm...

Terez
11-22-2009, 02:58 AM
biggest story-related bombshell (imho): don't assume Rand and Moridin are linked.
LMAO! I'll put that in the same category as Brandon telling us not to assume that Cyndane is Lanfear. :D

Yuri33
11-22-2009, 04:39 AM
They may not be linked, but I'm sure they're...

associated, attached, bound, conjoined, conjugated, coupled, fastened, grouped, hooked, interfaced, joined, melded, networked, tied, united, yoked...

...in some way or another :)

GonzoTheGreat
11-22-2009, 05:22 AM
Wacky theory for TG:

Rand slaps a Warder bond on the DO, Alivia kills Rand, the DO balefires Alivia, Rand is retroactively kept alive, the DO drops dead anyway.

See? No need for a link to Moridin there.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
As crazy as that sounds Gonzo, I like it. :p

Sodas
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Booksigning was awesome. I have notes, from both the signing and the dinner, but will transcribe them tomorrow. I've been up WAAAY too long to be coherent. Quick highlights:

Jason Wolfbrother and 4Alethinos were both there and both got RAFO cards

Brandon wrote down Asmo's killer's name lightly in Korean, then heavily scribbled the hell out of it & gave it to one of the storm leaders.

Tamyrlin & Brandon wiped the floor with Jason and i at M:tG

Tamyrlin drove Brandon all over today, and had plenty of "grilling" time.

Brandon signed my book "Would you be nae'blis" and Harriet signed it "For the cookie queen" (i made them both giant Aes Sedai-symbol cookies). Squee!!

More tomorrow. Including the results of the grilled cheese explanation.

Yes, that is a big bombshell because the books make it seem like they are linked. Both Moridin and Lews Therin seem to agree in the Dream sequence that they are linked in some manner. They seem to understand and assume they are linked, so why shouldn't we as readers?

Sarevok
11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Brandon wrote down Asmo's killer's name lightly in Korean, then heavily scribbled the hell out of it & gave it to one of the storm leaders.Have this person scan it and send it to Snow. :)

AbbeyRoad
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
An Aes Sedai answer if I ever heard one. This is a joke if BS actually thinks we would even momentarily believe that.

And Gonzo, gotta say I love the theory. Although I'm not sure the DO would die or be resealed from Rand dying... ;)

4Alethinos
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
I also cannot begin to tell all of you just how proud I was to get a RAFO card along with the estimable Jason Wolfbrother. It totally made my day.

Having Mat, Tamyrlin, and JWB on the premises was a very much an additional bonus.

Seeing Frenzy, Jason from Dragonmount, as well as meeting Harriet and Brandon was a genuine joy. Harriet is a splendid person and I thanked her for bringing her husband to us all.

"I believe the end of the series is in very good hands, indeed." :)